shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:44 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Mathcam, I have to disagree Re: Oman's plan. It consisted of simply redirecting ZA's investigation to player's who were the least likely to be killing anybody, yet he stated it could "easily out scum." First of all, we had a discussion earlier specifically telling Oman not to mess with the investigative roles, this plan goes against that. Secondly he's redirecting to players that don't have night actions thus have no cover if they are caught by a tracker/watcher thus they're only making NK's if they're Sylar who can't be seen by a tracker. This doesn't sound like a strategy that anyone would believe to work.

I still think Oman is the most scummy today and removing his power will also be better off for the town.

Finally, CKD I hope it's because you haven't been reading the thread due to connectivity but please know what you're talking about before you post.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:45 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Yeah...so that deadline's tommorow guys. Anybody home?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:24 pm

Post by cicero »

I'm here but I'm already voting. What more can I do?
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:58 pm

Post by Adele »

Oman wrote:Thats a good point, one that I had not thought of. I suppose it all depends on how scummy the players are (i.e. how likely they are to be tracked).
Dude, I, like,
totally
saw that coming.
Adele wrote:
Oman wrote:
Adele wrote:Care to describe this plan?
I'd love to, Unfortunatly, it relies on nobody knowing it.
Wait... you have a master plan, but we don't get to know it? What, any of it? How do you know people won't do the wrong thing?
More to the point, why should I believe you? If this master plan is a reason for you not to be lynched today, then how do I know that you're not scum lying in desperate hope you can make something plausible up tomorrow (
doesn't actually have to work if you're not submitting it to public scrutiny, you can just say "whoops! didn't notice that flaw in the plan"
) or at least assist your co-scum with your skill tonight?
Confirm vote: Oman

His plan
did
raise one useful point, though; Mohinder should be checked up on to ensure he's networking every night. Come morning, whoever he targeted should say so, and if no-one does then we should start there.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:41 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

My computer as a cracked screen, I will still not be party to an oman lynch, lets get to night, folks.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:57 am

Post by Oman »

Shaft.ed wrote:thus have no cover if they are caught by a tracker/watcher thus they're only making NK's if they're Sylar who can't be seen by a tracker.
I think you're assuming too much, that the scum wouldn't want to use their powers and feel safe that certain people wouldn't use their powers.

Oh, and Adele, your cockiness annoys me, just letting you know whilst I die.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:36 am

Post by Adele »

Oman wrote:
Shaft.ed wrote:thus have no cover if they are caught by a tracker/watcher thus they're only making NK's if they're Sylar who can't be seen by a tracker.
I think you're assuming too much, that the scum wouldn't want to use their powers and feel safe that certain people wouldn't use their powers.

Oh, and Adele, your cockiness annoys me, just letting you know whilst I die.
Completely understandable.

However, yeah. I predicted there'd be a significant flaw in your plan, and I was right. That prediction was part of my reason for voting you, so it seemed worth mentioning.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:00 am

Post by Oman »

Yeah, thats fair.

I'm sorry town, but I don't have a whole lot of leads for you.

I was looking at shaft.ed early, and it ruined it. Now I'm second guessing myself.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:26 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

I am here, I still support a shafted/Gorgon lynch, but it looks like Oman is the way the town will be going.
shaft.ed wrote:
Finally, CKD I hope it's because you haven't been reading the thread due to connectivity but please know what you're talking about before you post.
Not sure what you are referencing here. I assume you are talking about..
curiouskarmadog wrote:I need to catch up, but a quick review of this page, suggests that again, people are telling other people what to do tonight, interesting. Or suggesting that if they do anything they will be scummy.

...hey I have an idea, why dont we just discuss EXACTLY what we should do so that mafia knows what we are doing so it will be easier for them to plan and discuss their plan of attack tomorrow. Way to lay the groundwork for tomorrow's lynch shafted!
Well please explain to me what you are doing here.
shaft.ed wrote:Shea or Adele doing the kill is even stoopider because neither of them has any business targeting anyone. If they get caught by say a Watcher, what the hell are they going to say?

If JDodge and CKD use their power they are going to have a lot of explaining to do. However if CKD targets someone and they die he's got a lot of explaining to do since that should not be happening so he goes with the Shea/Adele group. Cicero's power is perfect cover for a NK because he doesn't really need any particular reason to target someone. The Fonz won't protect from Sylar so he doesn't have to use his power at all if mafia. Finally Gorgon goes with the Shea/Adele/CKD group as not having a targeting power so he's got a lot of explaining to do if caught. And he is free to kill every other night.
shaft.ed wrote: I still think Oman is the most scummy today and removing his power will also be better off for the town.
Also, I note again that you seem to be supporting your vote on Oman for what seems to be like role reasons versus, you think he is scum reasons.
shaft.ed wrote:Yeah...so that deadline's tommorow guys. Anybody home?
what do you care, if nobody posts before deadline the man you “want” to hang…hangs.

This just seems like someone who is trying to seem town.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:33 am

Post by shaft.ed »

CKD wrote:Well please explain to me what you are doing here.
Were you paying any attention at all to Oman's master plan? I was proving beyond any doubt that the plan was not going to work and if enacted would have been antitown regardless of Oman's alignment. Yet your still harping on your stale argument that I'm trying to tell people what to do, which I wasn't even doing. You have some serious authority issues.
CKD wrote:Also, I note again that you seem to be supporting your vote on Oman for what seems to be like role reasons versus, you think he is scum reasons.
If this were a normal game I would feel comfortable lynching Oman right now. The only bias is that I have been pressuring him more than I probably would have, but I think the anti-town leaning roles need to be playing as more clearly protown. I stated this very early in the day and Oman continued playing with a scummy leaning. We have the Doc redirecting to him, the not wanting to pass powers to Adele, the "I'm going to lie" comment, the opprotunistic ZA vote, the poor plan and other actions that I see as scummy.
CKD wrote:what do you care, if nobody posts before deadline the man you “want” to hang…hangs.
Yeah God forbid we should have any discussion in this game. Before my post yesterday Adele hadn't posted since the 9th, cicero since the 11th, you since the 12th, gorgon since the 11th, JDodge is gone, Mathcam since the 12th, the Fonz sicne the 11th, TSQ since the 11th, Yvonne since the 9th, and ZA since the 11th. This is the day before deadline and most people haven't posted in thread for 3 days.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:23 am

Post by Oman »

shaft.ed wrote: if enacted would have been antitown regardless of Oman's alignment.
Thats bullshit.
Shaft.ed wrote:The only bias is that I have been pressuring him more than I probably would have,
Not to mention I was nearly your first candidate for lynch, you didn't really look elsewhere.
shaft.ed wrote:We have the Doc redirecting to him,
A damn powerful thing if I'm town and the doc is mafia, no?
shaft.ed wrote:the not wanting to pass powers to Adele,
You've done nothing but harp on how terrible my power would be for the mafia, and now you WANT me to pass it on to someone who's alignment is unknown? You're lynching me to get the role OFF the table citiing the fact that I wouldn't give it to someone else!!!!
shaft.ed wrote: the "I'm going to lie" comment,
Yep, and I would've. I didn't funnily enough. Oh, and tell me how it benefits to say that if I'm scum. Of course, I would've lied as scum, but tell me how it benefits me to tell everyone that I will?
shaft.ed wrote: the opprotunistic ZA vote,
I can't remember why I voted him, I'm sure if I looked back I'd know why. This is the first one I really agree with you on. This looked scummy.
shaft.ed wrote: the poor plan
Cause town always plan things out perfectly?
shaft.ed wrote:and other actions that I see as scummy.
I'm sure they're as high calibre as this.

I earlier in the post wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:the not wanting to pass powers to Adele,
You've done nothing but harp on how terrible my power would be for the mafia, and now you WANT me to pass it on to someone who's alignment is unknown? You're lynching me to get the role OFF the table citiing the fact that I wouldn't give it to someone else!!!!
THIS is an example of the craplogic that shaft.ed was using. Lynching me because my power is good for the mafia, but wanting me to give it to someone else.

Vote Shaft.ed

And if he is scum
FoS Adele
. With Shafte.ed trying so hard to get my "mafia-benefiting" powers onto Adele, I wouldn't be surprised. Either that or she's a townie he thinks he can control.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:27 am

Post by cicero »

Am I mixed up? I thought giving your powers to Adele was your idea and everyone else poo-pooed it.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:39 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Oman that argument is laughably garbage. I was after you because you insisted that passing INVESTIGATIVE powers to Adele was a bad idea despite my multiple arguments that it would be useful regardless of her alignment. I attacked you for suggesting that passing YOUR powers might be beneficial and you denied that you made such suggestions. You might try reading the thread before making such ridiculous claims.

Redirecting the Doc to you is not damn powerful if the Doc is the scum because as I stated many times they don't want you dead. You are an excuse for them if they get caught preforming NK's, your role is anti-town why would they target you for a NK?

Also, there are MANY reasons why the scum would want state they will lie. Like when the get caught lying, which they have to do, they might talk their way out of it.

Finally your strategy was clearly antitown. Toying with the investigative powers leads to a "who do we believe" conundrum which is something we do NOT want.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:05 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Is this painful day over yet?
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:58 am

Post by Seol »

END OF DAY VOTECOUNT:

Oman: 6 (Yvonneseer, JDodge, shaft.ed, mathcam, Adele, cicero)
shaft.ed: 2 (curiouskarmadog, Oman)
JDodge (Thestatusquo)
No Lynch: 1 (ZONEACE)
ZONEACE: 1 (Gorgon)

Concensus is a difficult thing with paranoia in the air - rarely has this been more true. Agreement was simply beyond you. Eventually, however, more eyes converge on Eden than anyone else. Eden looks back with a mix of fear and quiet resolution - she had come to expect this, accept this, and she had made her peace. This only made it all the more poignant when, having ripped her body to shreds with your bare hands, it became apparent she was in fact Town.

Oh well - can't make an omlette without breaking some eggs.

72 hours for night should be plenty, right?

Also - DrippingGoofball replaces JDodge, effective immediately.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:41 am

Post by Seol »

Day breaks, and, well.... it could be worse.

One body. And it's all there. And it's quite a big one, too.

ZONEACE (Matt Parkman, Tracker, Town) has been shot.

With 10 alive, it is 6 to lynch.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by cicero »

Tap tap tap.

Is this thing on?
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:27 pm

Post by Adele »

Do we claim nightchoices now? I didn't make a choice, obv, but I know who targeted me - so maybe I should go towards the end?
YvonneSeer
YvonneSeer
Goon
YvonneSeer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:27 pm

Post by YvonneSeer »

So, erm, only one kill last night. Anybody got any useful information to share?
[i]The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised.[/i]
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:05 am

Post by Adele »

/suggest that we come up with an order for nightinfo claims - I think Yvonne, as a watcher (and I, as a self-watcher) should go last, for example.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:08 am

Post by cicero »

I'll go first because my power is low priority. I added Shaft.ed to my network last night. Tried to talk to him but he didnt answer me on time.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:38 am

Post by Adele »

Did he pick up the pm but just not reply to it? (Had / has the pm moved from your outbox to your sentbox?)
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:40 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

So we get rid of ZA and then have to deal with DGB? Ugh...I hate this game so much.

Also, I have no problem going first. I didn't target anyone last night.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:44 am

Post by cicero »

He picked it up but I don't know when. The way it now works is after all night choices are in I can then speak to the person I chose to network that day. On additional nights I can speak to them from night start though. So basically he only had 24 hours. Plus I didnt give him much to respond to. Just told him what I'd like him to do tomorrow night if he is town and thinks it sensible. Which action shall remain between he and me. Because such one on one's are the only benefit of this role.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:08 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Just curious if it is wise to have full disclosures at this juncture. For example, do we really want the mafia to know what power Adele has at this moment (or if she has one though that's already been discussed).

Cicero, I got the PM Sunday. I'm not really on much over the weekends and since Monday was a holiday here I didn't have much internet access until the day already started. I think the way that mechanism works wil make it difficult to have a back and forth with new recruits because your Nightchoice doesn't register until after the Gorgon, CKD and the two killing roles have weighed in.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”