The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:41 pm

Post by vollkan »

Albert wrote: I call BS on Volkan.

Unvote, vote Volkan.
Porochaz wrote: sigh... ABR, you just had to change your vote after my speech... but I agree BS on vollllkan

vote vollkan
That puts me to L-1.

I find it truly beyond comprehension that I am at L-1 despite there not actually having been a case raised against me - other than Albert's narrative which I have already addressed. And now I am being accused of BS, as though that in itself constitutes an argument.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:04 pm

Post by farside22 »

Honestly what does scum gain by killing Setael night 2? I just want one person to anwser this and I will be good. Is there anyone here who would not have voted for Setael if she had not been killed that night? I seriously think CKD set it up so Setael would look like scum and give the mafia scum one day without having to worry about being lynched.
Now with all that said does anyone know anyone who is willing to claim they did the hit on Setael? I mean is Volkan seem like a stupid person to anyone here? I would believe he was a SK more then a vig, but that's me.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:22 pm

Post by Setael »

farside, I've already answered that. If vollkan is scum, he had very good reasons to NK me and claim vig. It's like you're poking your fingers in your ears and yelling "Nah nah I can't hear you!"

That being said, I'm not so sure anymore.

On one hand, I can't see vollkan scum admitting that he lied about how many kills he has. If he was scum, it seems more likely that he'd pick a story and stick to it in order to avoid getting caught in a lie. Seems like he either would have claimed one shot from the beginning or stuck with the story that he can kill every night. Scum fake claiming would not want to risk the town ganging up with a LAL policy.

However, I guess it's possible that he claimed he could kill every night thinking that would keep the town from lynching him since he's valuable, and then realized he could not defend against the fact that it made no sense for him to not kill N1. Could be just a slip up.

Also, it makes no sense to me that he's saying that he lied in order to attract a NK. If we are believing that he's the town vig the scum would consider him confirmed, and he'd be a target for a NK anyway without having to lie.

I also find it odd that vollkan is completely ignoring me and only stating that there's no case on him and albert's doesn't count. Everything I brought up about his scummy interaction with ckd still stands. Though the more I look at it, it doesn't seem like scum would be as complimentary to a scum buddy as he was. He tried to downplay it later though so meh.

Either way, I still think he's more likely scum and if I'm wrong we're only losing a vanilla.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:25 pm

Post by vollkan »

Setael wrote: On one hand, I can't see vollkan scum admitting that he lied about how many kills he has. If he was scum, it seems more likely that he'd pick a story and stick to it in order to avoid getting caught in a lie. Seems like he either would have claimed one shot from the beginning or stuck with the story that he can kill every night. Scum fake claiming would not want to risk the town ganging up with a LAL policy.

However, I guess it's possible that he claimed he could kill every night thinking that would keep the town from lynching him since he's valuable, and then realized he could not defend against the fact that it made no sense for him to not kill N1. Could be just a slip up.
Set, you do the same thing as Albert here when you speculate about me possibly being scum slipping up here. Put yourself in the shoes of "One-shot vigvollkan" - I'm curious as to whether you would have claimed one-shot vig immediately, or whether you would have done what I did?
Setael wrote: Also, it makes no sense to me that he's saying that he lied in order to attract a NK. If we are believing that he's the town vig the scum would consider him confirmed, and he'd be a target for a NK anyway without having to lie.
Don't forget, though, that we have claimed masons and a claimed doctor. Moreover, I am now powerless and under strong suspicion - making me a significantly less sensible NK target. Claiming "vig" with no specification at least makes me a much more viable target, which not only protects the others from NK, but stops the town wasting a day by lynching me.
Setael wrote: I also find it odd that vollkan is completely ignoring me and only stating that there's no case on him and albert's doesn't count. Everything I brought up about his scummy interaction with ckd still stands. Though the more I look at it, it doesn't seem like scum would be as complimentary to a scum buddy as he was. He tried to downplay it later though so meh.
I haven't ignored you. I'll go through your all arguments against me and show where I addressed them. This is not only to respond to your suggestion I have ignored you, but is to show people that I have rebutted the arguments made against me.

Issue #1: "Wishy-washy and noncommittal"

Setael

In 477 you first raised the argument about me being non-committal, as well as accusing me of hypocrisy in my treatment of PeteD (I called him 'noncommittal') and of trying to avoid taking any firm stance by my wake-up wagoning. In 496 you then say that you think I am scum pushing the lynch of Bookitty in a "non-bussing kind of way" (I guess this is a case of damned-if-I-do, damned-if-I-don't :P) to the point where you say that this "undermines" the Book wagon. You then ask Albert if he thinks I am wishy-washy.
Vollkan

I respond in 501 by explaining that, by virtue of my % system, I in fact committed to a clear stance on everybody and formed a definite prime suspect in BM. On the matter of Pete, it was a matter of his language being such as to subtly-second guess himself - and I drew attention back to the fact that I did not think it was majorly scummy at all. On the matter of wake-up wagoning, I explained that I had already given my positions on BM - so there was a point behind the wagoning, contrary to what you had said.
Issue #2: Vollkan's treatment of CKD vs. treatment of Setael

Setael:

In 599, Setael draws attention to the facts that I had no negative comments on CKD after my initial read and that, in spite of this, CKD merited a 50% on my scale. She also resurrects the charges of me having been noncommittal and wishy-washy in my first analysis
Vollkan"

In 602, I make 3 points of rebuttal to Set's arguments:
1) I had a very similar attitude towards Jordan (Setael I's predecessor) and Albert.
2) There was nothing prima facie "pro-town" in CKD's (or Jordan's and Albert's) play which would justify me placing them below 50%.
3) On the subject of me being wishy-washy and non-committal I referred to the fact that this point had already been dealt with, and reiterated my previous rebuttal.

Issue #3: "HOLD IT! Contradiction!"

Setael:

In 608, Set accuses me of a contradiction because of these two posts:
vollkan wrote: he reason is simply that whilst they were not scummy going by my initial read,
I had seen nothing which suggested to me that they were more likely to be town.
vollkan wrote: CKD makes a good point about Unright putting words into ABR's mouth and votes…
CKD gets points for realising this.
CKD, sensibly, doesn't buy this.
Jordan points out a bogus contradiction from CKD - I call it bogus because he suggests there is some inconsistency with CKD unvoting BM and CKD asking pete d why he thinks BM is OK.
11. curiouskarmadog
I have no issues here, since I find myself in agreement with him on most of the matters I look at above. 50%
Vollkan:

I respond in 609 with this:
vollkan wrote:
I don't mean to mischaracterise your position, so let me just address what I understand you to be saying:
"Vollkan finds nothing bad with CKD and expresses two occasions of agreement with CKD. Therefore, it is contradictory and suggests distancing that vollkan would place CKD at 50%"

Again, remember that I did the same thing in respect of Jordan and Albert.

I know full well that just because somebody does a few things which seem "right" to me does not in any way make them more likely to be town. Jordan (Bookitty) is proof of this point.

Nothing that CKD did was enough to make me think that he was probably pro-town. I did not suspect him, but I had seen nothing which would be highly unlikely to come from scum (my criteria for judging a town-tell).
Issue #4: *yawn* Speculation

Setael

This comes in 665:
Setael wrote:
I think there's a good chance that vollkan NK'd me with the intention of claiming vig. Risky, but worth a gamble since they've already lost 2 members of their team. They knew ABR would likely push my lynch today, with me targeting vollkan the whole time and then when I came up town it would look very bad on vollkan. Perfect solution = NK me and claim it as a vig kill. Might give a chance at a win to a scum team that has been dropping like flies.

I also think if he was town he'd be more likely to be a 1-shot. Oh, and if he was town I think he'd have vigged me after Bookitty came up scum. I see no reason for a town vig with a nightly kill to have left me alive after Bookitty's lynch. As scum, he'd definitely claim to be able to kill every night to keep us from lynching him. All signs point to vollkan scum.

vote: vollkan
Here we have an Albertesque speculation about what vollkanscum might do.

And then in 686 we have:
Set wrote: Anyway, vollkan - if you're a town vig that can kill every night, why didn't you vig me after the Bookitty lynch? What about me made you think I wasn't scum to the point of not vigging me, and how did my play yesterday change your mind so quickly?

Shanba (and anyone else who's active but not posting), what do you think of my case on vollkan in post 665, as well as my earlier cases pointing out the link between him and ckd?
Vollkan:

I can understand why you might think I ignored this, but I didn't. The concerns you raised here were addressed by me in 672 where I gave my testimony in the context of Albert's speculation. I then addressed the matter of why I chose not to NK you after Bookitty's lynch in 695 where I revealed that I am only one-shot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If I have missed anything you have said please let me know, because I am quite sure I have refuted every argument that has been against me.
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:39 pm

Post by pete d »

Shanba wrote:First off, I have a notion that pete d is scum. His play towards bookitty is odd, as is hers towards him. He attacks her, but in a softly softly style. He successfully identified two scum, but was very cautious about them.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was one of the first people to seriously go after Nekka, which I did as soon as I replaced in. I was the third vote on the bookitty wagon, and voted ckd early on day 2 when I could just as easily have gone with Setael.
bookitty wrote:Bookitty also lists him as a suspect, but only when she's going down does she focus on him.
You may also note that her reasons were complete BS. This says nothing about my alignment. (btw, what about bookitty saying 'oh yeah and btw I think Unright is scum too I see it now' (not an exact quote) late day 1?)
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:16 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Volkan, lol...honestly, we don't need any evidence or case to lynch you. Your play is ridiculous. Your claim is preposterous. If you really made this kill last night, then where is the mafia ? BM is on leave of absence without reading the thread. His protection choice would have obviously been me or Shanba. The mafia have a much stronger incentive to cophunt than to miss a kill by going after me or him. The probability of them missing their kill twice in a row is less than 5%. You don't have any outs left, Volkan. Barring the option that Porochaz just randomly killed someone without reading the thread, you are the top-most suspect and most assuredly scum.

Therefore, using Occam's razor, you are the best lynch today. Hammer him please.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:07 am

Post by vollkan »

Albert wrote: we don't need any evidence or case to lynch you
:roll: This seriously ought to ring alarm bells.
Albert wrote: Your play is ridiculous.
How?
Albert wrote: Your claim is preposterous. If you really made this kill last night, then where is the mafia?
Good question.

Let's look at the list of players from my perspective:
Totally unknown

Streeflo
farside22
Setael
Lowell
Mastermind of Sin
Dragon Phoenix
curiouskarmadog
Porochaz
pete d
Claimed town

Albert B. Rampage
Shanba
Battle Mage
Confirmed Town

Vollkan

Assuming that Albert, Shanba and BM are telling the truth, that places scum in the "Totally unknown" section.
Albert wrote: BM is on leave of absence without reading the thread. His protection choice would have obviously been me or Shanba. The mafia have a much stronger incentive to cophunt than to miss a kill by going after me or him. The probability of them missing their kill twice in a row is less than 5%.
I'm a tad uncertain as to what you mean here, so let me try and run through your reasoning as I understand it.

BM is awol (Relevance?). He would protect either Albert or Shanba, most likely - I agree. I dispute that the mafia have a "much stronger incentive" to cophunt. It is not ridiculous that scum would NK yourself or Shanba, and I think a strong case could be made for scum wanting to NK BM.

I'm curious as to how you deduce your probability of less than 5 percent. Are you assuming that there was an equal chance of scum NKing each player, and of BM protecting each player - because I don't believe such assumptions would be valid.
Albert wrote: You don't have any outs left, Volkan
That tends to happen when one is accused of being scum for no reason other than the fact that another player can conceive of a scenario where one is scum.

I've responded to every argument raised against me. I've given an explanation which is coherent and consistent. I truly fail to see the basis for this.
Albert wrote: Barring the option that Porochaz just randomly killed someone without reading the thread, you are the top-most suspect and most assuredly scum.
Sorry. I've been labouring under the illusion that there are 9 other unclaimed players in this game (including Porochaz) when, in fact, it seems (by virtue of the fact that Albert says so) that the only possible scum are Porochaz or myself (reason?) and, moreover, that I am the most suspect (This is no doubt in vain, but reason?)
Albert wrote: Therefore, using Occam's razor, you are the best lynch today. Hammer him please.
And what does Occam's Razor have to do with this?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:21 am

The only person that was going after you was Setael. It makes perfect sense for you to have killed her as scum.

Hahahaha Volkan you defy the laws of mafia. 1-shot-vig is a ridiculous Rampagesque role that Aimee wouldn't make use of.

Everything about your story is ABSURD. You deserve an immediate hammer.

Brownie points to the first that kills him! Face it Volkan, there is no way that you will survive this game as town OR scum after pulling something like that off. Hammer time.

Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:32 am

Post by Porochaz »

Also I claimed town... its nice to see someone else not reading the thread...
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:37 am

Post by farside22 »

Porochaz wrote:Also I claimed town... its nice to see someone else not reading the thread...
I'm using a friend of mine's quote on this because I could not have said it better. This game isn't at this site and replace Little Angus with your name and you should get the point.
So, based solely on your word, I should believe you are a townie, LittleAngus? Okay, I guess that makes this game a lot easier then.

Hey, Evil Scum!! Would each of you voluntarily admit your evil scumminess publicly so we can lynch you?

*crickets*

Huh... I was sure that would work.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:07 am

Geez, the last two times the town agreed with me, we lynched scum. Can we please lynch Volkan now ? Farside I love you, can you put a term to Volkan's scumminess ? Pete D ? Anyone ?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:20 am

Post by farside22 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Geez, the last two times the town agreed with me, we lynched scum. Can we please lynch Volkan now ? Farside I love you, can you put a term to Volkan's scumminess ? Pete D ? Anyone ?
I don't believe Vokan is scum. I've read what was said and I just can't buy it. However I do believe he may be a SK which is still a good lynch for the town. So if no one objects I will put the hammer down. I will give it till tomorrow however to see if anyone says anything else on the matter.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:21 am

Nooooo hammer nowwwwww. NOWWWW. Before someone unvotes. This wagon is already shaky, don't you see ? Open your eyes!
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:33 am

Post by Porochaz »

farside22 wrote:
Porochaz wrote:Also I claimed town... its nice to see someone else not reading the thread...
I'm using a friend of mine's quote on this because I could not have said it better. This game isn't at this site and replace Little Angus with your name and you should get the point.
So, based solely on your word, I should believe you are a townie, LittleAngus? Okay, I guess that makes this game a lot easier then.

Hey, Evil Scum!! Would each of you voluntarily admit your evil scumminess publicly so we can lynch you?

*crickets*

Huh... I was sure that would work.
No but in terms of what vollkan was saying I would be townie... he was being hypothetical there...
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:40 am

Post by farside22 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Nooooo hammer nowwwwww. NOWWWW. Before someone unvotes. This wagon is already shaky, don't you see ? Open your eyes!
I'm not sure about people's math here. I just looked at the mod's last post for vote counts' Volkan had 3 votes at that time. You unvoted and then voted for him. Porochaz voted against him since then. That is only 4 votes. So there is still 2 votes needed to lynch. If I'm wrong please let me know who I missed.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:42 am

Ugh. You dumbass. We could have tricked him into unveiling information if he thought he was dead. Silly move farside...
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:48 am

Post by farside22 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Ugh. You dumbass. We could have tricked him into unveiling information if he thought he was dead. Silly move farside...
I'm sorry the psychic network did not leave me that message. :roll:
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:53 am

Now, put him at -1 and begone!
Shanba
Shanba
So win
Shanba
So win
So win

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:35 am

Post by Shanba »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was one of the first people to seriously go after Nekka, which I did as soon as I replaced in. I was the third vote on the bookitty wagon, and voted ckd early on day 2 when I could just as easily have gone with Setael.
It's true - I wasn't referring to your later play, though, when both seemed to be going down. I was referring to your earlier analyses, were you call them both eh maybe possible scum and your top suspects and give them Minor FoSses and stuff (which seems especially odd as you were already voting Nekka-lucifer when you FoSsed him.
You may also note that her reasons were complete BS. This says nothing about my alignment. (btw, what about bookitty saying 'oh yeah and btw I think Unright is scum too I see it now' (not an exact quote) late day 1?)
Her reasons being bullshit only strengthen the case that she was trying some last minute desperate distancing. Unright is another possibility, yes.

Like I said, it's just a notion. I could well be wrong.
(10:50:24 PM) xcaykex: GODDAMNIT I DONT WANNA GET RID OF MY TENTACLE RAPE PORN

Ribbit.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:14 pm

I was watching T.V. today, and something hit me: Prison Break takes place in Panama. I'm calling dibs on T-bag. Shanba is Bellick. Who're you, Volkan ? The woman in black with the scratch on her face ?

You know I'm going to make fun of you until you vote yourself, mate ;)
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:49 pm

Post by vollkan »

Albert wrote: I was watching T.V. today, and something hit me: Prison Break takes place in Panama. I'm calling dibs on T-bag. Shanba is Bellick. Who're you, Volkan ? The woman in black with the scratch on her face ?
I've never seen Prison Break, so I can't answer this.
Albert wrote: You know I'm going to make fun of you until you vote yourself, mate :wink:
I'm not going to self-hammer. The only good thing that can come of my lynch is for the wagon to be a fly-trap for the scum. Me self-hammering would deny one such opportunity to ensnare a scumbag (if the scum aren't on me already :roll:)
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:11 am

Post by Setael »

I don't buy that the mafia keeps targeting the mason that BM happens to protect every night. Any one else have another thought as to why there have been no NKs? I'm the only one who's provided an alternative explanation so far and it could very easily be incorrect. So... thoughts?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:21 am

Post by farside22 »

Okay I've given it a day. I've thought about it. I think the vollkan is more likely SK then mafia. If I'm right I want Setael and Albert to give me the bennifit of the doubt and listen to what I have to say about Porochaz. If I'm wrong I will shut up say Albert is king of mafia and Setael is queen of mafia for the rest of this game and follow around like a little servant girl. :lol:

Unvote: Vote: Volkan
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:35 am

For the rest of this game ? This game will be over!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:50 am

Post by farside22 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:For the rest of this game ? This game will be over!
I don't know if there are 3 or 4 scum with 14 people. (shrug) Tell you what if that is the last scum and you are right you can drag me to another game were I bow down and call you king of mafia for all of that game. :wink:

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”