wolfcrier
wolfcrier
Townie
wolfcrier
Townie
Townie

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:45 am

Post by wolfcrier »

His logic seems off and I might of missed something in the ten pages I missed so i'm simply waiting for more information that I can put together
~The line between me and the enemy is indistiguinshable~
Captain Bandwagon
Captain Bandwagon
Townie
Captain Bandwagon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:46 am

Post by Captain Bandwagon »

Do a reread, then post player summaries/random thoughts?
[i]"... give us this day, our daily bandwagon, and forgive us our trespasses, as we bandwagon those who trespass against us..."[/i]

- Excerpt from The Bandwagoner's Prayer
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:08 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

BM, you have to at least admit that it's extremely plausible to hold a case against Greasy spot, regardless of whether or not your personally believe it or not. Denying any kind of plausibility when it's blatantly there for all who can read just makes you look scummy.

Speaking of GS, am I just silly or is he keeping a low profile now? he doesn't do much to help his case. Nobody likes a formerly scummy lurker.
Captain Bandwagon
Captain Bandwagon
Townie
Captain Bandwagon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:10 pm

Post by Captain Bandwagon »

MOD, can you check the IP addresses of GS and BM?
It would be really, really interesting if they turned out to be the same.
[i]"... give us this day, our daily bandwagon, and forgive us our trespasses, as we bandwagon those who trespass against us..."[/i]

- Excerpt from The Bandwagoner's Prayer
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

...if BM and GS were the same, they couldn't be both playing in this game. It's against site rules, and both accounts would get banned by mith. Regardless, though, the mod doesn't have powers to make such a check, but I suppose he could notify mith if he actually thought that was the case. I'd assume that if GS is an alt, Thesp already knows who it is, so your request is completely pointless.
Permanent V/LA.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:52 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Captain Bandwagon wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Captain Bandwagon wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
RossWilliam wrote:Battle Mage i noticed Greasy Spot is missing from your suspect list. I'm curious as to why you find him innocent?
The wagon on him was a ridiculous facade for some wierd ploy to off the Jester. There is absolutely no reason to suspect him atm, hence he is not on the list.

BM
You gotta be kidding me.

FOS: BATTLE MAGE
Whats the case on him then, Poirot?
FoS's are lame. Dont be a pussy. Make it a vote.

BM
Nice attempts to draw me into a flame war, but that's not the point of this game. Why the FOS? Because I'm already voting GS. I'm voting him for the following reasons:

Pooky's rock solid case in #62 shouldn't leave any question about the jester claiming D1. Despite that, GS continued to stir up the pot. The strategy is both pro-jester and pro-town, so only scum would be unhappy with it. PJ cleared things up even more in #92, but GS pretends not to understand to confuse things even more. It isn't until #98 that he even admits that he could be wrong. In #106, he made a very sarcastic post that pinged my scumdar like an asteroid.

And you say there's no case against him? Something's fishy here. Are you trying to dig your own grave?
Nice attempt to suck upto Pooky. But in actuality his case was far from completely 'rock solid', which i have already addressed, had you been reading. Im not even sure you have read Pooky's case in its entirety, as i seem to recall him also highlighting how the Jester claiming was very pro-scum too. If i'd been here, i'd have probably behaved the exact same way as GS. Ill go back and read post 106, to see whether that alone constitutes suspicion, but if you think you have enough for a well educated vote, you are sorely mistaken.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:57 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

RossWilliam wrote:BM, you have to at least admit that it's extremely plausible to hold a case against Greasy spot, regardless of whether or not your personally believe it or not. Denying any kind of plausibility when it's blatantly there for all who can read just makes you look scummy.

Speaking of GS, am I just silly or is he keeping a low profile now? he doesn't do much to help his case. Nobody likes a formerly scummy lurker.
Well yes i recognise that lots of people seem to think there is a case on him. I just think they are wrong. lol
The main reason behind his wagon was his attitude to the Jester issue, something which i can totally relate to. Thats not to say he isnt scum, but atm, there is absolutely no reason why i would vote for him.

@Captain Bandwagon- LAWL. You think just because someone doesnt agree with you, they are clearly a rulebreaking alt user? Im offended. and
Mith
can confirm awareness of any and all multiple accounts i am in possession of, as can moderators of all my games in which it is an issue. Let me guess. Are you the alt of Jdodge? or Quagmire? :roll:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:11 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Why would the town choose to lynch the Jester on day one BM?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:20 am

Post by Thesp »

FYI: I've been assured that Battle Mage and Greasy Spot post from different IPs. Carry on.

Official Vote Count

Note:
Cult of the Couch Members:
1 (tyhess)

Greasy Spot - 7
(curiouskarmadog, mith, PookyTheMagicalBear, Captain Bandwagon,
Cult of the Couch (1)
, Iammars, Mastermind of Sin)
mith - 1
(Greasy Spot)
Mastermind of Sin - 2
(Dani Banani, QuickBen)
Iammars - 2
(MeMe, hasdgfas)
Dani Banani - 1
(Battle Mage)

Not Voting - 8
(al_kohaulec, Dark Ermac, Fletcher, RossWilliam, Talitha, wolfcrier, petroleumjelly, Holy)

With 21 alive, it's 11 to lynch.

Prodding all players who haven't posted in the last 72 hours, and replacing all non-responders.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:15 am

Post by Fletcher »

HI!

Sorry everybody. I totally forgot about the game, but now I will make it a priority. I will have a coherent post this afternoon. Right now I have school.
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:24 am

Post by Iammars »

Battle Mage wrote:@Captain Bandwagon- LAWL. You think just because someone doesnt agree with you, they are clearly a rulebreaking alt user? Im offended. and
Mith
can confirm awareness of any and all multiple accounts i am in possession of, as can moderators of all my games in which it is an issue. Let me guess. Are you the alt of Jdodge? or Quagmire? :roll:
I believe he's the alt of Disciple Slayer.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:33 am

Post by Holy »

Well I can see from the jester side to win as soon as possible too (with not revealing oneself as the jester) by just trying to behave normally-neutral-enough (lol!) on Day 1 to survive the lynch and to avoid the 1st NK, and 'home free' on Day 2 by behaving scummy enough to get the attention for a lynch.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:16 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Captain Bandwagon wrote:PJ cleared things up even more in #92, but GS pretends not to understand to confuse things even more. It isn't until #98 that he even admits that he could be wrong. In #106, he made a very sarcastic post that pinged my scumdar like an asteroid.

And you say there's no case against him? Something's fishy here. Are you trying to dig your own grave?
Bandy, Your antagonistic thought process proves you are way more scummy than I ever will be. It wasn't post #92 that cleared anything up. It was posts #96 and #97 that cleared it up for me. Posts #98 and #100 should have clued you in on the fact that I now understand yall's logic of the Jester coming out. But with all the scum stuck in your eyes you couldn't see straight.

Post # 106 was in no way intended to be sarcastic, it was truely authentic. If ya'll are so in to voting someone off for not following your train of thought then put me out of my misery now. I don't want to be here if you guys are going to bash me every chance you get because I don't agree with you.

unvote

Bandy
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:25 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

....What the hell was I thinking....

unvote
VOTE: mith

Whew...that was close...

ReElection Campaign!!!
VOTE mith for Head Scum
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:48 am

Post by MeMe »

unvote: Iammars
vote: Dani Banani

Still fun.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:41 am

Post by Battle Mage »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Why would the town choose to lynch the Jester on day one BM?
Because the town doesnt want the Jester to win, and for the reasons highlighted extensively by you, if the Jester claims, he will almost certainly not be NKed, and thus, will very likely win, which does not benefit the town.

@IamMars- Dont know who Disciple Slayer is either. Probably for the best. lol

@GS-your erratic voting really isnt helping anyone.

@MeMe- :good posting:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:42 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Thesp wrote:
FYI: I've been assured that Battle Mage and Greasy Spot post from different IPs. Carry on.
Muahahaha! The plan is falling into place. Quick my proxied pal, lets run up Dani-scum! :D

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:50 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

:D
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:39 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

I'm amused that Battle Mage is defending Greasy Spot by saying Pooky's case is illogical while Greasy Spot now agrees with the case that the Jester should claim today. BM is acting like he and GS are kindred spirits in thought process, when their own opinions seem to differ.
Permanent V/LA.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:18 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

I didn't say I agreed with the thought process. I said I understood what they were saying. Too me Pookys post, as detailed as it was with examples, didn't really explain the issue. It wasn't very clear at all.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:00 am

How does the Jester win if the town knows who he is?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:00 am

I know it's a rhetorical question and I've outlined how he wins, but I want you to explain it so I know that you aren't just blowing smoke right now BM.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:04 am

Actually I've decided that it's dumb to do back and forth with you because we're moving closer to the deadline and we need the Jester to understand that my case is ironclad.

The only way the Jester wins is by making the Town Lose in the endgame if he has been revealed.

Basically the Jester effectively moves the town one day closer to the endgame if he claims and survives till then.

However LYNCHING the jester does EXACTLY the same thing as not lynching him. By lynching him, we are ALSO moving the game one day closer to the endgame, which is the same thing we do if we leave him alive.

EXCEPT WHEN WE LEAVE HIM ALIVE, WE HAVE A CHANCE OF LYNCHING MAFIA, WHEREAS IF WE LYNCH HIM WE HAVE NO CHANCE OF LYNCHING MAFIA.

So yea, I'd guess keeping him alive is the town's best play.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
wolfcrier
wolfcrier
Townie
wolfcrier
Townie
Townie

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:13 am

Post by wolfcrier »

ok my bad the post started blending together and it was GREASY SPOT who is being hypocritical and illogical therefore
Vote: Greasy Spot
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:20 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I'm amused that Battle Mage is defending Greasy Spot by saying Pooky's case is illogical while Greasy Spot now agrees with the case that the Jester should claim today. BM is acting like he and GS are kindred spirits in thought process, when their own opinions seem to differ.
Pooky made a case? I thought we were talking about Pooky's discussion on the theory behind the Jester role... :?:
My thoughts are, if enough people bully someone with enough force for enough time, eventually they give in. One of the main characteristics (good or bad) about me is that i tend to stick to my instincts even in the face of every other player saying im wrong. But there comes a time when you doubt yourself, especially in a game of this nature, im amazed to find myself disagreeing with so many legends of the game.
As for GS's views, i think post 269 will suffice as an explanation.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”