Mini 527 - Doom in Valencia - Game Over!

neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by neko2086 »

The problem with the deadline where it is is that we have people missing and I'm afraid we won't get all the replacements here in time. I want this game to move forward just as much as you do, but I want everybody here, too. If we get everybody here in time so that they can discuss and make a decision, great, but time is short.

On to more important things, though, are you voting Arakorn simply because you find him useless? I mean, do you really think he's mafia? Do you not care whether or not he's mafia?

Rikimaru (3) - neko2086, Guardian, gorckat
soupfly (2) - Archaist, SirWario,
Gorckat (2) – Tarhalindur, Arakorn
Arakorn (1) - MeMe,
Guardian (1) - Pra a Funkee Home Sapien
neko2086 (1) - soupfly

not voting (2) - Gorgon, Rikimaru
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by MeMe »

Loaded language much, neko?

1) "simply because you find him useless" -- indicates both that it's only my opinion, rather than fact, that he's been unhelpful AND that useless isn't that big of a deal
2) "really think" -- indicates that I might have, at this point, acted contrary to my actual thoughts
3) "not care whether or not" -- well, I don't even need to explain that to anyone

Let me ask
you
: do you really think that being present but unwilling to pick a leading suspect when 1) everyone's been asked to do so and 2) it's been pointed out we're under deadline is
townish
behavior? Or could it be scum waiting to be "convinced" by other players so that he need not make a decision for which he must take responsibility? (Bear in mind that Arakorn has since voted gorckat -- but only after Guardian called his post "remarkably like scum talk.")

Or -- in words you might more readily recognize: do you really think that players have no responsibility to be helpful? I mean, do you really think that Arakorn is town? Do you not care if he's scum?
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:30 pm

Post by Guardian »

MeMe wrote:Alright, I get what you're on about now.

First: I didn't quote his whole post
Yeah, sorry my mistake.
MeMe wrote:but I do agree with the parts I did quote, though I seem to interpret them differently than you do.

You seem to be reading the whole thing as an action plan & I'm reading it as an assurance & a statement of frustration. So, basically, I'm saying "me too" to wagoning to ensure a lynch AND being tired of this endless nothing-happening day.

To be clear: I was not saying that I was interested in a pre-deadline lynch (something I think would be pretty impossible anyway -- seven needed votes??).
That's reasonable ;).
MeMe wrote:As for why I'm voting Arakorn? Because, at the time I voted him -- soupfly was the leading votee & I do
not
like the idea of a soupfly lynch.
That is a good reason. I don't claim to have read particularly carefully -- I assume you said that at the time?
MeMe wrote:gorckat suggested Arakorn as a possibility and, since I find him to be completely useless, I thought "alrighty then." He might claim to have lots of school work, but he
also
claims to have read the thread and to have (at least at the point I voted him) no leading suspects.
That also makes sense. Why not say "alrighty then" when, for example, I suggested Sir Wario or Sikario8, or when Tarhalindur suggested gorckat?
MeMe wrote:And, for the record, I do NOT want Jenter to extend the deadline. The only thing that seems to have sparked
any
activity in this game is the threat of pending deadline
And here I thought it was me replacing in.

>_>
<_<

:D. But I'm fine with deadline, I hate games that go a long page length, because no one takes the time to go back and read them. Game theory wise, I'd rather have a day 1 lynch after 5 pages than after 50.
MeMe wrote: -- take that away, and I think we'll go right back down to "almost dead" status.
Again, not sure that's true, but I also support the deadline staying in place.
MeMe wrote:Loaded language much, neko?

1) "simply because you find him useless" -- indicates both that it's only my opinion, rather than fact, that he's been unhelpful AND that useless isn't that big of a deal
2) "really think" -- indicates that I might have, at this point, acted contrary to my actual thoughts
3) "not care whether or not" -- well, I don't even need to explain that to anyone

Let me ask
you
: do you really think that being present but unwilling to pick a leading suspect when 1) everyone's been asked to do so and 2) it's been pointed out we're under deadline is
townish
behavior? Or could it be scum waiting to be "convinced" by other players so that he need not make a decision for which he must take responsibility? (
Bear in mind that Arakorn has since voted gorckat -- but only after Guardian called his post "remarkably like scum talk."
)
Wow, when you put it that way, Arakorn lynch seems rather appealing. Why not bring out more of those ideas earlier?

Not sure a Arakorn lynch is more appealing that a DR lynch, but I understand where MeMe-town might be coming from re: Arakorn.
MeMe wrote:Or -- in words you might more readily recognize: do you really think that players have no responsibility to be helpful? I mean, do you really think that Arakorn is town? Do you not care if he's scum?
rofl :D.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Arakorn
Arakorn
Townie
Arakorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:52 am

Post by Arakorn »

So the only reason you voted for me is because I didn't nominate a candidate for lynch (my most suspicious person)? BTW, I just quickly read throught the thread from the point the game actually started, so I missed quite a few pages.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:22 am

Post by Gorgon »

Vote: Arakorn

Reasoning ...

- Contributes nothing. I can understand that he's busy, but he's posted enough posts, short as they are. I'd except them to contain
some
comments on what he thinks of the other players
- OMGUS vote on gorckat
- Erroneous "So the only reason you voted for me" argument ... a scumtell in my book

I'm also concerned about gorckat's mindless wagoning, but at this stage in the game, it's merely something to note for later.
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:24 am

Post by neko2086 »

I've already stated that I think Arakorn would be better off replaced than lynched.

I don't appreciate being mocked. I asked you those questions because too many times I've heard this argument:

"Hey, this guy's not acting pro-town at all, so if we lynch him, we either get rid of scum or an anti-town townie. Either way, we win!"

I was just wondering if that's how you felt, or if you really believe Arakorn is likely scum. You do, and that's all I wanted to know. I personally don't think there's a clear read either way, and going back to my original though on him, I would put my best guess on him being scum, but it's only a guess. His vote is troublesome, but not sure it's enough to convince me. He could very well not have had time to read through everything and make a great decision, in which case he ought to be replaced.
In Tartiflette We Trust
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:03 am

Post by gorckat »

Arakorn- what page did you start reading from?
Arakorn
Arakorn
Townie
Arakorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:54 am

Post by Arakorn »

I think it was something under 10, I was reading posts where people said "so should we start now?". (It struck me how the game could have been several pages of spam though...)

Unvote
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by MeMe »

neko2086 wrote:I don't appreciate being mocked.
I apologize if that hurt your feelings, neko -- I thought it was appropriate to show you how hard it is to respond to a string of questions worded the way you worded them. Sounds more like an attack than an actual desire for
answers
right?
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by gorckat »

Arakorn wrote:I think it was something under 10, I was reading posts where people said "so should we start now?". (It struck me how the game could have been several pages of spam though...)

Unvote
You joined on page 11. It was pretty clearly under 10. People said something to that effect just about every page due to replacement issues.

I think you're being pretty dodgy.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by Guardian »

Going back to school tomorrow, limited access.
Do not lynch me.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:43 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Your motives were questionable, that's all. At the moment, it didn't seem like you actually believed arakorn was scum, so I thought I'd apply some pressure.

I'm starting to wonder about Arakorn, though. He seems to be going out of his way to go with the flow, which would fit in with the idea that he could be newbie thrown into scum position. A newbie in a town position might do the same, but maybe with less likelihood? I dunno, any thoughts on this? It's starting to be fairly clear that Arakorn has little interest in reading through the game, maybe even regardless of time constraints. I'm considering changing my vote. Depends on what you do, Arakorn.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:18 pm

Post by Guardian »

Arakorn said he'd read the game next week after IRL schoolwork was over...

I sense a possible scum-shift from Sikario8 to Arakorn :\. Gorckat switched over to Sikario8 quickly when I pointed out the votes on Arakorn were weak, neko is pondering switching to Arakorn, Gorgon adds vote on for pretty shaky reasoning...

I'm sure that not all of those are winning reads, but it is possible some of them are. Then again, Arakorn could be scum.

I'm happy with my vote on DR at deadline though and still encourage others to vote him -- you all are voting Arakorn saying he has contributed nothing -- what about Dead Rikumaru???
Do not lynch me.
Arakorn
Arakorn
Townie
Arakorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:10 pm

Post by Arakorn »

Yes, after Tuesday/Wednesday I will have more time again. For the rest of this weekend though, until late Sunday, I will be away, ie I don't even have access to internet. But I promise that I will read whatever new posts has been made by then.

And just a note regarding my newbieness, I've been involved in a couple of games, the last one was me being one of 3 mafia's and not a single mafia was killed in that game. It is true that my skills can be considered noobiness, but I do have experiences from playing these games. Ask the mod or Pra though, been playing with them. (I am known for not being so contributive though...)
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:45 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

I'm here.
Had problems at work this week and very little sleep.
Last night I slept more than 12 hours.
Leaving for shiatsu classes now.
Checking back my games at night.

DR
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:50 am

Post by neko2086 »

So you've been mafia before... I see... there goes that theory...
That would mean that you're going with the flow not because you don't know what to do, but rather, just to try to appease everyone. I might have to find this game you were in.
How convenient that you'll be available after deadline.

DR, you had better have something profound to say tonight. Not moving my vote.
In Tartiflette We Trust
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:29 am

Post by soupfly »

something is seriously wrong with this game. deadline is tomorrow and i'm one vote away from being lynched because of votes places by Sir Wario who hasn't posted here since Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:49 pm and Archaist who hasn't posted since Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:50 am.

i could claim God the Creator and it wouldn't make any difference because they wouldn't be around to unvote.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:25 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Just so everyone knows...

Rikimaru (3) - neko2086, Guardian, gorckat
soupfly (2) - Archaist, SirWario,
Arakorn (2) - MeMe, Gorgon
Gorckat (1) – Tarhalindur
Guardian (1) - Pra a Funkee Home Sapien
neko2086 (1) - soupfly

not voting (1) - Rikimaru

I'm wondering if Tar and soupfly will be keeping their votes where they're at (same for Pra, but apparently he still hasn't gotten logged in.

I believe we have less than 6 hours before deadline is up. Did we ever find out what happens if there's a tie? If there's a tie, would that be a no-lynch? This would be important to know, considering DR still needs to place a vote, and it will likely not be on himself.
In Tartiflette We Trust
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:27 pm

Post by soupfly »

unvote: neko

vote: Rikimaru

reason should be obvious.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:34 pm

Post by Jenter Brolincani »

In the event of a tie the first person to get to that no. of votes is lynched.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:12 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Unvote, Vote: Guardian

Frankly, I'm not especially fond of either the DR or the Arakorn wagons. Consider this a protest vote.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:58 am

As Dead Rikimaru attempted to leave for Shiatsu class... however...

neko2086, Guardian and Gorckat stood up.

"Scum!" Roars Guardian.

Rikimaru turns bleary eyed. "I'm tired guys..."

"And now you're under arrest." To everyone's surprise soupfly runs across and rugby tackles Rikimaru. This had the intended effect, this being to leave Rikimaru sprawled upon the floor. it also had an unintended effect, this being that Riki's neck was snapped in two by its rather unusual collision course with the wall.

"Was I meant to do that guys?"

"Sure looks like it..."

Gorckat wanders over and picks up a card dropped by the now very much true to his namesake Dead Rikimaru. The card reads;

'Veneto's of Valencia - the finest wine you'll ever see! £10 off you next purchase!'

"Ok, not so good..."

"On the other hand", noted Guardian, this card saying ' Identity Card of Syndicate - Mafia Godfather ' might be more of a clue...

Dead Rikimaru is dead! He was the
GODFATHER
!
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:58 am

Night, Choices to me guys.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:19 am

You wake up...

"ZOMG!!!" shouts mikeburnfire, a newcomer to the town.

"THERE'S, like, a DEAD GUY!! In the ROAD! And there's BLOOD!"

Gorckat runs over.
"NOOO! GUARDIAAAAN!"

Sobbing and weeping, the townspeople sing the time honoured songs of Valencia and bring out Guardian's faithful horse Bavieca. They set him upon it, and even in deth he rides the streets to bring hope to the townsfolk...

Guardian, TOWNIE, is dead. Weep for evermore people...

P.S. Quiz Question; Who did this really happen to in Valencia?
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:26 am

Post by gorckat »

Wow. I need to map out the votes and their changes from the first post this page until the lynch...really wish the distillery were still up.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”