opie
opie
Goon
opie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:41 am

Post by opie »

I agree with you about Boggzie's post. I don't know if I would characterize it as an overreaction but it is rather confusing especially this line:
[i]In Post 78[/i] Boggzie wrote:I don't like the implication this early that the vote was scummy.
I just can't figure out what he's responding to here. Boggzie can you shed some light here?

I disagree with you about Qman though. He's only posted three times. His first post his confirmation. His second post is a "check in" post. His third post he makes two insights on players which have been made by others and then he goes back to discussing how we should play the game well after we had moved on from that topic. What did you feel you got out of his posts.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:54 am

Post by farside22 »

@Opie:

At least with Rigel and Qman I felt I got something out of their post besides just noise.
This just means they wrote something of substance then nothing at all. You are right Qman had 3 post. I just was thinking of his last post that at least had something of an opinion on people and things in the game. With Rigel he has had a few solid post as well. Where as QuickBen and ibaesha haven't really said anything I found any substance in at all. [/quote]
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:02 am

Post by Akonas »

opie wrote:I'm convinced that at least one of those players is scum. The problem is, at this point, I just don't know who.
We could have our vig ki- Oh, wait.

There's definitely lurkerscum out there. But we can't get them when noboy's posting.
Mod: When can we have some prods?
because your brain affects your guts (and vice versa).
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:00 am

Post by Qman »

No need to prod me I'll post tonight when i get off work. Woo
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:45 am

Post by Rishi »

Akonas wrote: There's definitely lurkerscum out there. But we can't get them when noboy's posting.
Mod: When can we have some prods?
I will double-check tonight who hasn't posted in a week and will send out some prods then.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Boggzie
Boggzie
Goon
Boggzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:45 am

Post by Boggzie »

opie wrote:I agree with you about Boggzie's post. I don't know if I would characterize it as an overreaction but it is rather confusing especially this line:
[i]In Post 78[/i] Boggzie wrote:I don't like the implication this early that the vote was scummy.
I just can't figure out what he's responding to here. Boggzie can you shed some light here?

I disagree with you about Qman though. He's only posted three times. His first post his confirmation. His second post is a "check in" post. His third post he makes two insights on players which have been made by others and then he goes back to discussing how we should play the game well after we had moved on from that topic. What did you feel you got out of his posts.
Unimmunity
?

The i'net has been sketchy with the storms we've had. I'm not doing the whole "lurk" thing. If anything, I usually talk too much. :(

As far as my comment. Holy seemed to be implying the votes for mcpaltp were scummy, when I simply voted for him because we had played together before. I had planned to unvote when I saw he was replaced anyhow. It was troubling when we were essentially still in the "random" phase that someone would look at votes rather then comments, or reactions as a possible tell.

I'm having a lot of trouble playing backwards, which has also contributed to my being quiet. Like I'd like to FOmS Holy, but I haven't the slightest what effect, if any, it would have.
Go Tribe!
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by Akonas »

It is confusing, what with the immunity and all, but, well, we need to get somewhere. We aren't really playing backwards, though; after the second page or so, we mostly started scumhunting instead of figuring out who to give immunity.

Who do you think is scummy? Why? You could try a reread; look back and see what juicy tidbits you can find. We'd like to hear analysis of people's playing. And some conclusions would be nice, even though they probably won't be well-supported at this point.

Tell us more than just that you're confused. It's a little bit unhelpful.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:05 pm

Post by Rishi »

Immunity Count

Shanba – 1 (ibaesha)
*QuickBen – 1 (Akonas)
ibaesha – 1 (QuickBen)
Qman – 1 (Holy)
farside22 – 1 (hasdgfas)

*Would receive immunity if polls opened today.

Not voting: opie, Shanba, Rigel, farside22, Qman, Boggzie

Requests to Open Polls:

Six votes required to open polls. Election Day will automatically occur January 23 at 11pm EST.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:05 pm

Post by Rishi »

Prodding Rigel.

ibaesha has still not picked up her prod.
Rigel
Rigel
Goon
Rigel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by Rigel »

I'm going to try and see if I can pick out any scum via a re-read. However, I think that I should point out that ibaesha's immunity vote does look incredibly suspicious, and I can't say that I picked that out myself. I know that it's not my own opinion, it's just a rehashed restatement of what opie said, but I'm going to try and put forth some original info in a few days.
Show
With great power comes great responsibility.

Knowledge is power.

QED: With great knowledge comes great responsibility.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:16 am

Post by Holy »

Boggzie wrote:As far as my comment. Holy seemed to be implying the votes for mcpaltp were scummy, when I simply voted for him because we had played together before. I had planned to unvote when I saw he was replaced anyhow. It was troubling when we were essentially still in the "random" phase that someone would look at votes rather then comments, or reactions as a possible tell.

I'm having a lot of trouble playing backwards, which has also contributed to my being quiet. Like I'd like to FOmS Holy, but I haven't the slightest what effect, if any, it would have.
Lol! Are you confused or something :?:
I only asked, whether he's worthy for the immunity or not (generating a discussion, and you may convinced us from your meta or anything else if you want). If you still unsure that's okay, Immunity Vote works different, it counts from the longest held or by majority. If near the deadline, the one you voted feels not worthy for it, we can still unvote and destroy the longest held count. Anyway, you unvoted unnecessarily in rush.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:35 am

Post by Holy »

[quote="Shanba"]Holy, who does seem to be scumhunting (even though I disagree with her).[quote]
:roll: Well, farside22 is the most active scumhunter, but other active players did it quite well too (i.e. opie, hasdgfas, Akonas).
Boggzie
Boggzie
Goon
Boggzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:59 am

Post by Boggzie »

Holy wrote:Anyway, you unvoted unnecessarily in rush.
No I didn't. Did you even read what I wrote?
boggzie wrote: I simply voted for him because we had played together before. I had planned to unvote when I saw he was replaced anyhow.
It was a random vote, and I tried to "unvote" using the wrong syntax as soon as he was replaced.
Go Tribe!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:58 am

Post by farside22 »

Boggzie wrote:
boggzie wrote: I simply voted for him because we had played together before. I had planned to unvote when I saw he was replaced anyhow.
It was a random vote, and I tried to "unvote" using the wrong syntax as soon as he was replaced.
Wait a moment that is not how this started. Lets bring up the quotes
Rishi wrote:
Immunity Count

*mcpaltp – 2 (Boggzie, ibaesha)

Holy
The question for now is, is mcpaltp really not that scummy to deserved the immunity? Still too early to tell though.
Boggzie
wait, wait, wait - That vote was random, unvote, because I've played with mcpaltp before and we had fun.
I don't like the implication this early that the vote was scummy.
Holy asked if mcpaltp deserved immunity, but your comment is a quick unvote thinking she is calling it scummie. She didn't call the votes scummie. However your second comment you stated that you voted for mcpaltp because he was a fun guy and was going to unvote after a bit anyways. So was it a plan from the beginning?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:16 am

Post by Rishi »

Hmm... this thread disappeared off my watched topics list. Anyone else have this problem?
opie
opie
Goon
opie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:26 am

Post by opie »

I did too!
Boggzie
Boggzie
Goon
Boggzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:26 am

Post by Boggzie »

farside22 wrote:
Boggzie wrote:
Wait a moment that is not how this started. Lets bring up the quotes
Rishi wrote:
Immunity Count

*mcpaltp – 2 (Boggzie, ibaesha)

Holy
The question for now is, is mcpaltp really not that scummy to deserved the immunity? Still too early to tell though.
Boggzie
wait, wait, wait - That vote was random, unvote, because I've played with mcpaltp before and we had fun.
I don't like the implication this early that the vote was scummy.
Holy asked if mcpaltp deserved immunity, but your comment is a quick unvote thinking she is calling it scummie. She didn't call the votes scummie. However your second comment you stated that you voted for mcpaltp because he was a fun guy and was going to unvote after a bit anyways. So was it a plan from the beginning?
I have already explained this, although I misstated; I would have unvoted once he was replaced anyway. You can easily look back and see when I layed the vote - it was random. Holy's statement was in the vein that he's "really not that scummy" meaning, to me anyway, that anyone that had laid a vote for him must be scummy to get their partner into an immunity role.

That's how I read it.

As I stated earlier, I am having a very tough time with this playstyle. I think I need to
request a replacement for myself
because I think I'm giving off the incorrect vibes as to my alignment, and not because of the game itself, but because I am unsure how to play it.

Sorry.
Go Tribe!
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:32 am

Post by Rishi »

Boggzie wrote: As I stated earlier, I am having a very tough time with this playstyle. I think I need to
because I think I'm giving off the incorrect vibes as to my alignment, and not because of the game itself, but because I am unsure how to play it.
I will seek a replacement soon. I'm usually able to get replacements quickly since I offer to cross-replace, but, unfortunately, I think I'm at my game limit. This might take a little longer.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:14 am

Post by Holy »

Rishi wrote:Hmm... this thread disappeared off my watched topics list. Anyone else have this problem?
Nope.

Boggzie wrote:I have already explained this, although I misstated; I would have unvoted once he was replaced anyway. You can easily look back and see when I layed the vote - it was random. Holy's statement was in the vein that he's "really not that scummy" meaning, to me anyway, that anyone that had laid a vote for him must be scummy to get their partner into an immunity role.

That's how I read it.
Because we're (publicly) voting for the immunity, it's okay to just let the vote although it was random in the beginning. If you unvote now and soon after that you think that the same person is indeed worthy for the Immunity anyway, it might be won't get the same value again (the worst possibility is that your worthy person could be listed as the last [won't ever be a real] candidate to receive Immunity).

Boggzie wrote:As I stated earlier, I am having a very tough time with this playstyle. I think I need to

Sorry.
Aww! Boggzie Woggzie please don't go, please just read over the rules and the game, I'm sure you'll be fine ^.^
Sigh.., am I already too late for asking you to stay ;.;
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:21 am

Post by farside22 »

Well that didn't help at all. I'm kind of at a stand still of what to say now.
@Qman:
Where is your commentary you said you would make a few days ago?
@Rigel:
Anything come from that reread as of yet?
@everyone:
Anyone have any ideas where to go from here?
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:13 am

Post by Holy »

^TBH, noo idea >.>

Err, just keep searching scum...? ~.~
Lynch lurkers..? ~.^ j/k
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:17 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Let's just play this like we would a normal mafia game, except at the end of the day, before deadline, we vote for immunity for whomever we think is the most pro-town. We could have someone keep an unofficial vote count and then when someone reaches what would be lynch status, we all vote for immunity then open the polls.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:47 am

Post by Akonas »

Vote: Qman

I agree. Let's keep track of votes from here on out.

Lynching lurkers isn't that bad of an idea. We'll get on them, get them to say something, hopefully.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:55 am

Post by farside22 »

hasdgfas wrote:Let's just play this like we would a normal mafia game, except at the end of the day, before deadline, we vote for immunity for whomever we think is the most pro-town. We could have someone keep an unofficial vote count and then when someone reaches what would be lynch status, we all vote for immunity then open the polls.
I was thinking about the immunity with what is today the 13th and I believe the deadline is the 23rd. That's ten days. Not a time to sweat, but not a lot of time either.
We could do a top two vote of who we think is the scummies or top 3. Then do a top 2 vote for who we believe deserves immunity (without voting) and see what people have to say.
For example.
Top 3 scums
1) Qman - 1 good post and has vanished again. I've only played one game with him and usually he is a lot more vocal then this. This may just be meta for me.
2) Boggzie - His excuse just rings hollow in my ears and I just feel he couldn't handle the pressure when asked about a comment. He may feel he didn't understand the game, but with a simple question it shouldn't be difficult to answer.
3) QuickBen - Is he even here any more.

Yes most of my 3 are the lurkers of the bunch. I just felt most others have answered my questions and brought some good points into the game. My top two in doing this are:

1) Shanba
2) Opie
I know that Shanba has gone after opie for some tough reasons. I liked what he had to say. I would give immunity to Shanba before Opie for those reasons.
Rigel
Rigel
Goon
Rigel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by Rigel »

Sorry I haven't been able to post here of late. A combination of some RL issues and my internet's unexpected decision to die have kept me offline this weekend, and so I haven't been able to review the thread as of yet. In addition, this upcoming week is finals for me, so I won't be able to devote as much time to the site for the time being. However, the very moment I am able, I will try to get that re-read in. Sorry again for my non-activity.
Show
With great power comes great responsibility.

Knowledge is power.

QED: With great knowledge comes great responsibility.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”