'The Lost Boys' Mafia (Cry Little Sister, it's OVER!)

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #3050 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:53 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Seventeenth Vote Count of Day Four:

Mastermind of Sin - 4 (Yosarian2, HackerHuck, Dasquian, Battle Mage)
Yosarian2 - 4 (Mastermind of Sin, cicero, Crub, Setael)

PookyTheMagicalBear - 2 (Mariyta, Arafax)
Mariyta - 1 (Sir.Laggalot)

Not Voting - 5 (PookyTheMagicalBear, AniX, -TinVision-, Sudo_Nym, Ectomancer)

With sixteen left, nine votes will be needed to lynch.
-TinVision-
-TinVision-
Goon
-TinVision-
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3051 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by -TinVision- »

I'm OK with vigging MOS.

@Ecto: It's not two shots in the dark. We have a chance of failure if we do not work together on watching or tracking. We must work together to vig. As far as I know from my role PM, working together to vig we have no chance of failure.
lol objective morality
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3052 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by Crub »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Crub, would you please explain
why
you are voting Yos2? Obviously, I appreciate that you agree with me, but your vote without reasoning is, as stated earlier, unacceptable.
Claim's that I find "off" : Anix, Yos, Pooky and MoS.

Anix - I'm giving the benefit of the doubt because of the timing.
Pooky - I'm very suss of Surf Nazi, but why wouldn't he just claim Bum?
MoS - No lynch is bad mmk + Vig option is better.

Leaves Yos + It just fit's for me.
Moo?
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3053 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:21 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Crub wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Crub, would you please explain
why
you are voting Yos2? Obviously, I appreciate that you agree with me, but your vote without reasoning is, as stated earlier, unacceptable.
Claim's that I find "off" : Anix, Yos, Pooky and MoS.

Anix - I'm giving the benefit of the doubt because of the timing.
Pooky - I'm very suss of Surf Nazi, but why wouldn't he just claim Bum?
MoS - No lynch is bad mmk + Vig option is better.

Leaves Yos + It just fit's for me.
I agree with this.

vote Yosarian2
with a Vig MOS tonight tossed in. I tossed around the idea of MOS hammering Grandpa, but decided against it as I don't believe Sudo to be the CR, and lynching town because they might be dangerous recruits isn't the path I want to follow.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #3054 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:13 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

(sigh) Looks like the same people who have been attacking me for crap reasons all game are now again attacking me for crap reasons. Color me surprised.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3055 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by Arafax »

Re-reading...
YoS2 wrote:but lynching MOS really looks like a win-win to me; either he's a lying cult recruiter and lynching him is awesome, or he's telling the truth but was recruited
Must have missed this....How'd you come up with that?...The "telling the truth, but recruited" part.

I don't see why we're tossing around ideas of who to lynch and not lynch etc instead of just fingsing those who are behaving shadily.

@ MoS - Sorry, that's just the way I feel about Pooky's claim...That's good enough for me at this time in the game.
"I will wait for you forever...If you would just ask me"
- Emery
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #3056 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Arafax wrote:Must have missed this....How'd you come up with that?...The "telling the truth, but recruited" part.
Well, like I said, I don't think the mod would make the cult recruiter lynchproof. So, if I'm right about that, then either he's lying and the cult recruiter, or he's not lying and was town at the beginning of the game. If he was town at the beginning of the game, then either he's still town or was somehow recruited. So I think the three possibilities are either he's a cult recruiter and the lynch will go through, he's pro-town and the lynch will fail, or he's a recruited cult member and the lynch will fail.
Sir.Laggalot
Sir.Laggalot
Goon
Sir.Laggalot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3057 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by Sir.Laggalot »

I believe that you have been recruited, (If you have been bitten but have not joined them then you are not recruited, merely bitten/infected).

(Sorry school has started and it's kinda hectic again)

I think that you have been recruited and are working against us.

I also think that MoS needs to be our target during the night (TinVision and I)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3058 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:07 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Arafax wrote:Must have missed this....How'd you come up with that?...The "telling the truth, but recruited" part.
Well, like I said, I don't think the mod would make the cult recruiter lynchproof. So, if I'm right about that, then either he's lying and the cult recruiter, or he's not lying and was town at the beginning of the game. If he was town at the beginning of the game, then either he's still town or was somehow recruited. So I think the three possibilities are either he's a cult recruiter and the lynch will go through, he's pro-town and the lynch will fail, or he's a recruited cult member and the lynch will fail.
I dont see the backing for this statement. If we had a single cult recruiter, we could expect some mechanism to prevent a lucky day 1 lynch from ending the game. Unlynchable would give them at least 1 night to recruit.
If more than 1 existed, I can see how you might argue that unlynchable is too powerful, but I dont see that we currently have evidence for which it might be. That means an unlynchable mechanism for a cult recruiter is plausible.
And Yos, thou didst protest overmuch about the "safeness" of thine safe claim. Forsooth, I suspect treachery.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3059 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:33 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

I'm honestly surprised there isn't more support behind my MoS hammering Grandpa suggestion.

I'm yet again trying to find the pro-town angle on Grandpa's role. Unless either of them have recruitment immunity, they're both huge liabilities to us later in the game. With Grandpa's role ability as common knowledge, it's going to be an uphill battle to get him lynched (an ideal cult recruit) and when he is lynched I won't expect to see the CR or a recruit swinging the hammer. There is also a good chance that one of them is lying about their ability.
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3060 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:42 pm

Post by Crub »

1) it isn't confirmed (as far as I can remember) that a hammerer will be bombed
2) killing off 1 (possibly 2) innocents today because they might be dangerous later is dubious
3) lynch + vig is a better option.
Moo?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #3061 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:28 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ectomancer wrote:And Yos, thou didst protest overmuch about the "safeness" of thine safe claim. Forsooth, I suspect treachery.
Oh, so now me defending myself with a correct and perfectly valid point is a scumtell?
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3062 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:49 am

Post by Dasquian »

Both Frog brothers are on board with vigging MoS, so,
unvote MoS

Yos is on my "could lynch" list, but all three people ahead of him on that list are voting him, so I'm really not keen on sharing their company and adding my vote there.

Rather, I'm inclined to vote either Crub or Setael. When I took the slightly rash route of pushing for an MoS lynch, I expected some fire for the risks associated with it. Both these guys stepped up with what I thought were opportunistic attempts to swing the bandwagon to me for my role in it:
Crub (post 3008) wrote:I'm trying really hard not to come to the conclusion that Dasquian has been recruited.

unvote; vote Yos
Both myself and Yos pressed Crub on this one for more information on our respective recipiencies of his finger-pointing, but got totally ignored. Arguably Yos got his answer in post 3052, though.

Setael voted me in 3018 with the argument I was scum trying to get a no lynch via an MoS lynch. This is a much fairer argument (though, natch, incorrect!), but crucially built on the back of an unsupported assumption that one of me and Yos are the CR. I said as much in 3021 (and reiterated in 3036), but, like with Crub, I got totally blanked. I still don't have an answer as to why me and Yos2 are the only two who can be the CR in Setael's eyes, but he's happily plowing ahead with votes anyway.

Both these two have been generally quiet all game and haven't gotten too involved in any major disputes, at least recently. Setael I believe got "cop cleared", whatever that means, on one of the earlier nights (please remind me which?). I could vote for either, but I'm going to:

Vote: Crub
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3063 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:57 am

Post by Crub »

Do you really feel that lynching me today is the right move? :roll:

I *AM* trying really hard not to come to the conclusion, that you've been recruited. Posts like that one don't make it easier.
Moo?
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3064 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:41 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:And Yos, thou didst protest overmuch about the "safeness" of thine safe claim. Forsooth, I suspect treachery.
Oh, so now me defending myself with a correct and perfectly valid point is a scumtell?
You sounded like someone who privately was going "OMFG! You aren't believing the safe claim that I got from the freaking Mod?? It's the safest claim evah!!" With the exception of the first line, that's pretty much what you said publicly. That's the impression I got, so yes, it is a scumtell for me. You ignore the lynch results on David and the concept of safe claims (yes, Sam could very well be the safe claim for a CR) when you protest over much. You should have just accepted that simply claiming Sam doesn't clear you. As I said, I think you just had difficulty getting around the fact that your mod provided safe claim was being called into question.

Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3065 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:22 am

Post by Dasquian »

Crub wrote:Do you really feel that lynching me today is the right move? :roll:

I *AM* trying really hard not to come to the conclusion, that you've been recruited. Posts like that one don't make it easier.
I don't see why it's the
wrong
move. And I don't see why me suspecting you makes me a recruit, either.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3066 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:26 am

Post by Mariyta »

Ok, had time to think a bit....

*I don't think MoS is scum of any sort at this point.
*I do get the distinct impression that Dasquin has been recruited and since he's voting Crub, I'm not.
*I'm not 100% comfortable with the surf nazi claim, but the more I think about it, the more I realize Pooky wouldn't have been stupid enough to claim a group not in the game if he really was scum. He would have picked Beach Bum or something (he may be counting on people thinking that, but that would be serious WIFOM).
*I'm NOT ok with lynching Sudo just to see if his ability works on lynch too.
*Looking at the claim list, the least believable claim is Sam Emerson. Yos claimed early enough to be afraid to take one of the possible remaining power roles and he was afraid of being counterclaimed. Sam is one of the "good guys" and I get the impression Yos was relying on that. A better safe claim would have been beach bum. :P

Unvote, Vote Yos
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #3067 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:08 am

Post by cicero »

mariyta wrote:*I'm not 100% comfortable with the surf nazi claim, but the more I think about it, the more I realize Pooky wouldn't have been stupid enough to claim a group not in the game if he really was scum. He would have picked Beach Bum or something (he may be counting on people thinking that, but that would be serious WIFOM).
I dont put any stock in Pooky's claim whatsoever. It tells me exactly nothing. It is equally likely to be true and to be a swift "stick your massclaim up your asses". and his "stick it" is equally likely to have happened with Pooky as town or as scum. Ive been in games with massclaim Pooky. if he doesnt want to play the mass claim game he wont play it.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3068 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:17 am

Post by Ectomancer »

cicero wrote:
mariyta wrote:*I'm not 100% comfortable with the surf nazi claim, but the more I think about it, the more I realize Pooky wouldn't have been stupid enough to claim a group not in the game if he really was scum. He would have picked Beach Bum or something (he may be counting on people thinking that, but that would be serious WIFOM).
I dont put any stock in Pooky's claim whatsoever. It tells me exactly nothing. It is equally likely to be true and to be a swift "stick your massclaim up your asses". and his "stick it" is equally likely to have happened with Pooky as town or as scum. Ive been in games with massclaim Pooky. if he doesnt want to play the mass claim game he wont play it.
:goodposting:

Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3069 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:53 am

Post by Dasquian »

Mariyta wrote:*I do get the distinct impression that Dasquin has been recruited and since he's voting Crub, I'm not.
Brilliant :roll:
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #3070 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:10 am

Post by cicero »

Dasq, roll your eyes all you want. Your last two moves have been weird. The first was let's lynch the unlynchable. Followed by Let's lynch Crub who most people see as a more likely recruit than a mastermind. I can see people's eyebrows being raised even if I don't fully agree with them.

Mariyta - what makes you believe in Mos's innocence and Dasq's guilt?

Hackerhuck - your plan involves MoS agreeing to suicide himself. I see your point though. The vigs are not going to want to vig him. He does present a definite problem for the town. Do you see Peers as being a "pro-town" role? There was some suggestion that the curfew would not affect the vampires therefore makng him anti-town as well.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #3071 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:36 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ectomancer wrote:You sounded like someone who privately was going "OMFG! You aren't believing the safe claim that I got from the freaking Mod?? It's the safest claim evah!!" With the exception of the first line, that's pretty much what you said publicly. That's the impression I got, so yes, it is a scumtell for me. You ignore the lynch results on David and the concept of safe claims (yes, Sam could very well be the safe claim for a CR) when you protest over much. You should have just accepted that simply claiming Sam doesn't clear you. As I said, I think you just had difficulty getting around the fact that your mod provided safe claim was being called into question.
No, not at all. I've been the one talking about safe claims all game, if you notice, which is hardly something I'd be likely to do if the I was a scum with a good safe claim. And the "lynch results for David" are pretty clearly completly irrelevent, since we know that the bad guys are in fact the vampires.

Yes, it's possible a good rolename like the one I have could be a safe claim. But it's the worst kind of WIFOM garbage for you guys to make it sound like my good rolename is somehow a strike AGINST me.

Your whole argument is really, really stupid here, anyway. Why would you think a townie with a clearly pro-town rolename wouldn't get frustrated if everyone suddenly acted like the fact that he has a clearly pro-town rolename is, by some retarted non-logic, suppossed to be a scumtell? I did not start getting mad about this until you and crub started both attacking me because of my rolename; at which point, yeah, I basically said "OMFG, I have the best freaking rolename in the whole game and you bloody idiots are attacking me BECAUSE of that?" Why is that not a likely reaction from someone in my situation, exactally?

One final point I'll mention. I couldn't mention this before, because my game was still going, but when I made my MAD II mafia game, I wanted to absolutly sure that a mass claim would not break the game open, so I first made a few improbable roles (North Korea and The Mafia as pro-town roles), and then I intentioanlly added in another role that would seem really improbable once the town knew there were improbable role (the United States, as a role that would turn into a miller if he used his one-shot ability). It seems like Flay did the same trick, and you're all completly falling for it; "Oh, the guy who seemed to have the scummiest sounding rolename wasn't scum, so therefore the guy who seems to have the most pro-town sounding role name must be scum!" That kind of "outguessing the mod" stuff only works at all if the mod is dumb or very predictable, and I think it's pretty clear that neither one of those things applies here.

The fact is, I am who I am. We've already mislynched two seperete times because people thought we could outguess the mod here and figure out who the scum is from their flavor. I think it should be pretty damn obveous that that's not going to work, and I've been saying so ever since I found out David was scum, because of who I am.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #3072 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:39 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Mariyta wrote: *Looking at the claim list, the least believable claim is Sam Emerson. Yos claimed early enough to be afraid to take one of the possible remaining power roles and he was afraid of being counterclaimed. Sam is one of the "good guys" and I get the impression Yos was relying on that. A better safe claim would have been beach bum
Well, duh. Of course beach bum would have been a better claim, especally since I claimed after Cicero said that he expected one of the "major characters" in the movie to be scum. If I was scum, I would have claimed beach bum, but I'm a good guy, so I'm stuck telling the truth.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3073 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:55 am

Post by Dasquian »

cicero wrote:Dasq, roll your eyes all you want. Your last two moves have been weird. The first was let's lynch the unlynchable. Followed by Let's lynch Crub who most people see as a more likely recruit than a mastermind. I can see people's eyebrows being raised even if I don't fully agree with them.
Yes. Because I think MoS is the CR and Crub is a likely recruit. I can't go CR hunting if I'm not going to get the lynch on my prime candidate, am I?
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3074 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:55 am

Post by Dasquian »

cicero wrote:Dasq, roll your eyes all you want. Your last two moves have been weird. The first was let's lynch the unlynchable. Followed by Let's lynch Crub who most people see as a more likely recruit than a mastermind. I can see people's eyebrows being raised even if I don't fully agree with them.
Yes. Because I think MoS is the CR and Crub is a likely recruit. I can't go CR hunting if I'm not going to get the lynch on my prime candidate, am I?
[size=84]QUACK[/size]

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”