hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:09 am

Post by hapahauli »

@OoO

What do you consider particularly damning about Fitz's read progression? You should know that stuff making sense =/= mafia.

I'd rather be lynching into Kop, mostly because there's hypocrisy and contradiction in his filter, combined with his play looking like he's laying low through the important thread events.
A TeamLiquid Mafia journeyman.
Need a replacement for your game? Shoot me a PM.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:09 am

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 1197, Creature wrote:I'm still reading, I don't know what to post.
Vote Aubrey with me? And you really should have figured I'm town by now. Let's get this wagon kicking off and we'll have the game solved by D2.

Haven't played with him as scum but I saw a recent game where he endgamed town. He seems like the kind of player that can make reasonable sounding posts which is what he's been doing all game. But there's no real scumhunting drive behind them. The readslist he posted is extremely generic and looks like one that scum thought would be most reasonable, not one that takes into account his reads and stances.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:10 am

Post by Creature »

How many votes he is at?
Sigh
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:11 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Just me and Fitz so far.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:11 am

Post by outoforder »

In post 1193, BlackVoid wrote:Mind elaborating on why? Creature has been avoiding giving any opinion on Aubrey and dodges important questions. Just read how Creature reacted to my Aubrey push last night compared with Fitz. Saying Creature is town and Fitz is scum is a pretty huge stretch.
Creature reminds me of a couple of people i have played with on TL (hapa knows VayneAuthority and yamato). What i gather from Creature's posts is similar to those people and i am usually quite accurate in reading them. There is some sort of a thought process going on in his head and while i can't necessarily even point out exactly what that is, i can see there is one. It is super hard to emulate as mafia - in terms of staying consistent, because you would be trying emulating something that doesn't exist in the first place (since you really just make stuff up as mafia, at least at some point you HAVE to start doing that). That's where those sort of people's scumgame fall apart really quick, and i am not seeing any of it here. If he doesn't want to talk about soemthing that doesn't mean he is avoiding it necessarily, it might just as well mean her doesn't find the particular matter important. I do the same myself, i don't answer questions that i find totally unnecessary. Like who the fuck cares if me and Rels can fool each other as mafia? What is the point of the question? If i say "yes" does it mean noone should ever trust my read on him (or vice versa). If i say "no" does it mean if i think Rels is mafia it magically becomes by default a more sheeped read regardless of the content? The question possibly cannot achieve anything, unless we are both town and it's mafia asking it...
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:12 am

Post by Creature »

VOTE: Aubert
Sigh
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:13 am

Post by hapahauli »

In post 1198, Creature wrote:Did Aubrey ever play like this as scum before?
Actually, Aubrey's read progression on me doesn't make a lot of sense.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:13 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 1176, outoforder wrote:I seriously believe we should murder fitz, or possibly Kop. Maybe hawk is the third scum but idk. I am not too confident on that.

Can you guys please go read fitz' filter and tell me how any of his reasoning for scumreads ever makes anyone mafia?
You have ignored repeated questions by me to you...I have seen no case by you on me...and you have a tendency to ad-hom players and/or disparage their ability.

OoO wagon would work as well.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:14 am

Post by Creature »

Sometimes I don't answer questions simply because there's no way in words to answer them accurately.
Sigh
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:16 am

Post by outoforder »

In post 1200, hapahauli wrote:
@OoO

What do you consider particularly damning about Fitz's read progression? You should know that stuff making sense =/= mafia.

I'd rather be lynching into Kop, mostly because there's hypocrisy and contradiction in his filter, combined with his play looking like he's laying low through the important thread events.
It's not that that he is not making any sense. It's that he points out certain principles in his post which he then works against.
Like he complains about WOT's and says "i wont read them if i find them boring". That is fine. What is not fine is that after saying that he writes a wall of text that ends up in literally zero conclusions because the ending sentence says "i will post my reads later". That by default (in mafia terms) makes the post "boring" because it doesn't achieve anything, he just summed up something that has happened and asked some random questions.

It's like saying you think doing X makes someone scum and then you follow it up by saying someone is town as they did X. It doesn't make any sense because it doesn't involve a logical thought process in any way. And i am not talking about if it makes sense to me or not, i am talking about the fact that in a townie world it cannot make sense to even himself.
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:16 am

Post by cassielle »

In post 1207, havingfitz wrote:
In post 1176, outoforder wrote:I seriously believe we should murder fitz, or possibly Kop. Maybe hawk is the third scum but idk. I am not too confident on that.

Can you guys please go read fitz' filter and tell me how any of his reasoning for scumreads ever makes anyone mafia?
You have ignored repeated questions by me to you...I have seen no case by you on me...and you have a tendency to ad-hom players and/or disparage their ability.

OoO wagon would work as well.
really glad someone else picked up on the ad hominem

i really really despise playing with that. if i was in a better position/cared more about the game id powerlynch it to get it the hell out of the game (not to mention ive never seen town use ad hom to beat players with. in the heat of the moment, in response to ad hom attacks, sure, but never just throwing it at people)
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:20 am

Post by outoforder »

In post 889, Kop wrote:
In post 888, Hawk wrote:Yeah I think if Hapa flips town Rels and OoO feel like good counter points. OoO has done a much less spectacular job outside of that first section of the game. Which with a little bit of coordination and some use of TL meta could all be contrived info. Of the three Hapa looked the worse but was also the one being setup if he flips town.

I don't like that OoO comes back with such a misrep on Cass feels like it's rather odd and kinda LAMIST. Then distraction wagon of Fitz who hasn't been corner for concern since much earlier in the day.

I'm okay with Hapa lynch today, if he flips scum I'm looking at Rels if he flips town look at OoO.

If we don't lynch Hapa, Rels is my backup because I think those two will yield the greatest information gain.

KidDamn looks like lynch bait by Rels Hapa wagon.

VOTE: Rels

Pedit: Kop echos sentiments here but I'm still concerned he's pushing Rels more than Hapa... but if that's the case I can easily see Kop Hapa if it's not Rels Hapa or something along those lines.

Also Kops point that Rels could flip scum makes me feel much better about Kop since he doesn't need to push Rels here if he's scum with him and they could just force that Hapa lynch.
To be fair, I understand your point on Hapa. But I think we gain more information from the Rels lynch.

I think Doom could be the outsider in all of this, but I don't think he will be put forward as a candidate today.
Hapa, you know your alignment. Why does Kop make this post as mafia?
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:22 am

Post by hapahauli »

In post 1059, Aubrey wrote:Cause it's obvious Hapa is the lynch of the day. Nobody else is going to get lynched. He is the scummiest looking and everybody else has to many if's and but's.

To be voting people like Kop Fitz and anybody else is a complete and total waste unless it is between you and him. The lynch is between you and Hapa for the day and that is a fact. I've made my decision.
In post 1063, Aubrey wrote:You seriously think someone other than Hapa or yourself will get enough momentum to be a serious candidate for today? I think not.
Stuff like this. Aubrey had spent the last few days expressing doubts about my alignment. But conveniently, the lynch has to be between Rels and Myself. Because we're the "scummiest".

#924 - Votes me, basically talking about flip flop.
#932 - "Flipflopped on hapa all day"
#935 - Says he has no strong case on anyone.

#938 - Says he's shown "doubt" about her read on me.
#959 - Attacks Cassie for being "too sure" that I'll flip mafia.

I think these are damning to her mentality. Why is he so insistent on narrowing the lynch down between Rels and myself, if he has no strong cases, is generally unsure about the game, and is relentlessly flipflopping on his reads?

He just doesn't give a shit, and wants the town to squabble between two townies for ????? reasons.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:23 am

Post by outoforder »

I have absolutely no idea and if this was TL i would lynch the shit out of it but this isn't, and people do that elsewhere.
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:27 am

Post by hapahauli »

In post 1211, outoforder wrote:
In post 889, Kop wrote:
In post 888, Hawk wrote:Yeah I think if Hapa flips town Rels and OoO feel like good counter points. OoO has done a much less spectacular job outside of that first section of the game. Which with a little bit of coordination and some use of TL meta could all be contrived info. Of the three Hapa looked the worse but was also the one being setup if he flips town.

I don't like that OoO comes back with such a misrep on Cass feels like it's rather odd and kinda LAMIST. Then distraction wagon of Fitz who hasn't been corner for concern since much earlier in the day.

I'm okay with Hapa lynch today, if he flips scum I'm looking at Rels if he flips town look at OoO.

If we don't lynch Hapa, Rels is my backup because I think those two will yield the greatest information gain.

KidDamn looks like lynch bait by Rels Hapa wagon.

VOTE: Rels

Pedit: Kop echos sentiments here but I'm still concerned he's pushing Rels more than Hapa... but if that's the case I can easily see Kop Hapa if it's not Rels Hapa or something along those lines.

Also Kops point that Rels could flip scum makes me feel much better about Kop since he doesn't need to push Rels here if he's scum with him and they could just force that Hapa lynch.
To be fair, I understand your point on Hapa. But I think we gain more information from the Rels lynch.

I think Doom could be the outsider in all of this, but I don't think he will be put forward as a candidate today.
Hapa, you know your alignment. Why does Kop make this post as mafia?
With that particular post? He had already committed to lynching Rels so it's not like he can change his mind.

But I do see your point that his whole Rels push is the opposite of opportunistic. It's not like he couldn't just vote me and fan the flames.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:29 am

Post by outoforder »

Like i literally jsut got lynched because Palmar claimed (or not - but people thought he did) a red check on me. That was the only reason anyone had in suspecting me, except that they didn't even necessarily believe Palmar is a cop. That doesn't make any fucking sense to base a read on something you dont even believe is true, but wanna guess what alignment those people were? :)
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:29 am

Post by hapahauli »

OoO, What makes Aubrey town to you beyond the early game "genuine" posts? I got the same vibes, but I've been fooled many times by things like that before. I think the read progression doesn't come from town, especially from a player that seems competent at this game.

VOTE: Aubrey
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:30 am

Post by hapahauli »

In post 1215, outoforder wrote:Like i literally jsut got lynched because Palmar claimed (or not - but people thought he did) a red check on me. That was the only reason anyone had in suspecting me, except that they didn't even necessarily believe Palmar is a cop. That doesn't make any fucking sense to base a read on something you dont even believe is true, but wanna guess what alignment those people were? :)
It's Palmar. That invalidates any comparison to anyone.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:32 am

Post by outoforder »

I think his frustration is genuine, just like yours before. I am sorry i can't give a better answer, i just don't think he's mafia. For me it looked like he wanted to have it his way and when it didn't work out he just got mad. I don't think scum do that quite often.
It's Palmar. That invalidates any comparison to anyone.
I wasnt talking about Palmar. I was talking about everyone else in the game.
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:35 am

Post by hapahauli »

In post 1218, outoforder wrote:I think his frustration is genuine, just like yours before. I am sorry i can't give a better answer, i just don't think he's mafia. For me it looked like he wanted to have it his way and when it didn't work out he just got mad. I don't think scum do that quite often.
You don't get frustrated when things don't go your way as mafia?
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:37 am

Post by Hawk »

VOTE: Aubrey

I don't think town Aubrey gets frustrated there the way he does. He hasn't pushed the game forward at all just consigned that Rels and Hapa were the lynches of the day despite not 100% liking a Hapa lynch. Scum Aubrey is very cunning and I haven't played with him in a scum game where he's been scumread early so I don't know how genuine he can fake AtE, but I do know that in my last game WITH Aubrey as scum he took a backseat to me leading town and successfully had me and the rest of town town reading him for days before finally we hit f3 and there was no possible way for him to be town in my eyes and I had to scramble to figure out how to convince our backup role cop that he was scum and I wasnt.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:37 am

Post by outoforder »

I do but the "target of frustration" if you can call it that is actually different than what i am trying to make it look like it is. :)
That's why i said genuine.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:39 am

Post by outoforder »

What i am trying to say is that dick-move-analysis suggest that Aubrey is town. That's pretty much my final answer.
KidAmn
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:39 am

Post by KidAmn »

In post 1158, outoforder wrote:Lets lynch the omgusfitz!
Because he's gonna flip scum. Not sold on aubrey being mafia. Kop could be a good alternative to lynch. I dont wanna lynch hapa because i dont really think he is mafia and when he is not mafia his reads are good.
In post 1159, outoforder wrote:I have also decided that cassielle is town and i wont be reading any of her posts because they make literally zero sense.
In post 1160, outoforder wrote:If anyone wants some good laughs go read why havingfitz thinks creature is mafia. "All over the place" and "doesnt interact well eith others" != mafia. In fact its way more often the other way around. There is absolutely zero reason to think someone is mafia for that. In fact i dont understand any of his reads. All his scumreads are basically "i dont like how the person posts" which never makes anyone scum.
This sequence of posting makes me more than happy with an Ooo lynch. Will do more wordsing when I get out of work.
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:41 am

Post by outoforder »

In post 1175, Aubrey wrote:[....]I'd replace out, but that would be completely unfair to whoever takes over my slot.
I mean whoever writes this as mafia should feel terrible and i have no interest in playing with them anymore so i just have to think they are town.

Return to “Completed Open Games”