farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:23 am

Post by farside22 »

Disciple Slayer wrote:post
There is a case against you right now. If you don't have time to state something other then this you should say so.

Official Vote Count, editted in by MikeBurnFire
7 votes needed to lynch

4 skitzer (skitzer, pete d, Lulubelle, gorckat)
3 Draux (Draux, farside22, Holy)
3 Disciple Slayer (roffman, angelmouse, Rishi)
1 Lulubelle (Disciple Slayer)
1 opie (opie)
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
opie
opie
Goon
opie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:11 am

Post by opie »

[i]In Post 249[/i] Disciple Slayer wrote:post
This kind of post really infuriates me. Mod, can we consider a replacement for Disciple Slayer if he continues this kind of behavior?
Eventually.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:47 am

Post by farside22 »

Well I don't mind doing a pressure vote against someone who has decided not to contribute once again.

Unvote: Vote: Disciple Slayer
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:00 am

Post by gorckat »

What made you move your vote in 252, but not 250?
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:22 am

Post by Holy »

That "post" by DS is really unhelpfull (indigestible for me), but with many people pressured him, I want to hear his explanation first before I cast judgement on his behavior (assuming he will be back again soon).
I don't know if he is just an ass or really an ass-scum before hear his words more.

And about Draux, I didn't do a meta on him. I'll give him a couple of days more (before I re-review his lurkiness), waiting the explanation from himself.
opie
opie
Goon
opie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:26 am

Post by opie »

Right now if I voted for Disciple Slayer it would be out of frustration and annoyance and not because I think he's scum. I want to try to avoid that kind of vote. That's not to say I think he's town. I just don't know. What I do know is that annoying does not always equal scum. At this point I don't think we can infer anything about his role based on his play style.

I want to vote for him because I think he's scum and not just a schmuck. I'd rather replace him.
Deleted the mistake post by request - Mod
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:03 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Sorry folks. I accidentally deleted this post in my haste:
farside22, post 256 wrote:@gorckat. I had to think if I should do a pressure vote on him or not. I thought about what Rishi said about people being wild cards and I also had to think about the earlier lynch against him were it seemed that people wanted to lynch him because he was an easy lynch. Now I just think he is scum or an unhelpful townie.

I suspect opie that each time we ask for a prod on him he may not say anything. I could be wrong, but his post comment leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:51 am

Post by angelmouse »

I dislike DS's statement as much as the next person. I voted for him as i was suspicious of how he was playing and now after coming back with that statement i can't tell whether i just dislike him or think he is scum. What makes me wonder is if he was pro-town or scum why wouldn't he fight back, even just a little? Defend his role? Maybe he doesn't have to or maybe he is just fed up and wants to get himself lynched to set himself free.

I'm now not sure whether to keep my vote where it is and wait and see if he does come and explain himself, which i doubt now, or see what happens as i do feel he is suspicious. I would rather lynch an unhealpful townie and make a mistake, than make a mistake on another townie and keep him in. Granted i would rather find the scum so for the moment until i can clear my head i will

Unvote, Vote: angelmouse
as i am unable to unvote completely
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:53 am

Post by skitzer »

NOW I understand why people get so fired up over gender confusion. Angelmouse, I am a guy...its okay.

I mostly mentioned because of the strange mechanics of this game, and plus, it was somewhat like punishment for my other vote. I am a naughty boy. I must now go home and write lines.

Rishi: That is where I stole "uffish" from. There is a definition on Wikipedia, but it is nowhere close to what I used it for.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:00 am

Post by farside22 »

skitzer wrote:NOW I understand why people get so fired up over gender confusion. Angelmouse, I am a guy...its okay.

I mostly mentioned because of the strange mechanics of this game, and plus, it was somewhat like punishment for my other vote. I am a naughty boy. I must now go home and write lines.

Rishi: That is where I stole "uffish" from. There is a definition on Wikipedia, but it is nowhere close to what I used it for.
What strange mechanics are you talking about?
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:02 am

Post by skitzer »

Always having to vote was what I was referring to. Therefore, the only way to unvote is basically voting yourself.
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:15 am

Post by roffman »

Hey everyone, i'm back. Going to do a full reread and hopefully post something of substance later today.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:54 am

Post by roffman »

Thought i'd post one of the as i've never done so before. I'd also like to say i had pretty much forgotten most of the game on my two week hiatus, and am viewing it with fresh eyes. I noticed quite a lot of things in my reread that i think some people missed, mainly due to being pre-occupied with other threads of investigation at the time.

farside22: seems to generate a lot of discussion, as well as pointing out possible contradictions in people's statements. Actively scum hunting yet doesn't seem to have generated any actual insights into who is scummy or not.
I'm currently have absolutely no clue to farside22, as i perceive them as more of a mediator then someone who is actually generating their own suspicions.

angelmouse (tdp): tdp's input was minimal at best. Angelmouse started off initially with a vote against DS, but after a bandwagon formed they hastily backed off, essentially saying that they didn't mind if DS got lynched, just that they would prefer to do more scum hunting first.
I'm leaning towards scum, though only because of tdp's actions.

lulubelle (sensfan): After the ton of posts by sensfan, lulubelle has done some active scum hunting. Also has a scum list, which they are actively moving down.
I can't really get a read, though leaning towards town due to the amount of scum hunting they are doing.

Rishi: Mason partner.

Draux: Hasn't posted for a while and what he has posted doesn't really contain much content.

holy: Posts frequently and generally includes nice, neat explanations for everything they do. Some of your calls and posts seem to contain fluff or inconsistent reasoning, yet these seem to be an aberration as normally your posts sound well thought out with reasoning that makes sense.
I'm leaning towards town, though based entirely on the amount of scum hunting you do.

opie: Seems very much like an active lurker to me. A lot of your posts only seem to echo the sentiments of the people before you, and you rarely seem to generate any additional information. The posts so far seem mainly designed to show you have a presence and are paying attention, without adding anything of substance.
I'm leaning heavily towards scum here, mainly due to what i see is echoing posts quite frequently.

gorckat (gemelli): Generates a lot of discussion, and seems to annoy some of the people without producing any scum tells. Like farside, they seem to be actively scum hunting without any concrete insights.

disciple slayer: DS is just annoying. I think there has been maybe 2 posts where he contained any content. ATM DS looks like the flavor of the month and is on the fast track to being lynched unless he makes a post that includes information or someone else acts scummy.

skitzer: Seems to be actively posting. While not as dedicated scum hunting as some others, they do seem to be providing some input, as well as creating discussion. The rapidly forming bandwagon after tdp left showed that quite a few people think skitzer is scummy. I'm personally leaning towards scum with opie.

pete d: A lot like holy. Posts a lot with well thought out and reasoned explanations. Very little fluff and meaningless information provided. Leaning towards town on the pete issue, not sure why, just a gut feeling.

Overall i'm getting very few reads on individual people. The only person who seemed to stand out was opie, mainly due to what i see as active lurking. So for that i'm going to
unvote vote: opie
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by skitzer »

roffman, since when am I a they....thanks for the rude fat comment...jk, but please explain.

Also, I feel I've the first statement before.

I think the bandwagon formed because of my sudden vote on tdp for leaving.

Also, when you described Rishi, it would have appeared more scummy if you would have pointed out her faults instead of just saying "mason partner"

Final comment: you comment on opie as an active lurker is a bit surprising.
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by roffman »

skitzer: thanks to watching waaaay to much daytime tv in hospital, plus an inability to use proper grammer in general, i've decided against using gender specific pronouns on principal. Henceforth, everyone shall be a they or an it. Watch jerry springer for more info.

More importantly, the bandwagon seemed to demonstrate to me that people were actively suspicious of you, and it just required your sudden vote to consolidate it into votable form. My suspicions of you stem almost completely from that one bandwagon, before i was more or less neutral.

About describing Rishi as mason partner, i do not want to highlight specific faults or strategies that someone might later misconstrue into a scum tell. By leaving it at that, i am merely saying that i know Rishi is pro-town, and i'm not giving ammunition to any scum who decide to try to build a case against us.

Finally, i was a bit surprised by my own read on opie. While going through, i noticed that though opie posts a lot, they are only referenced or directly addressed rarely. I decided to go back through and saw that although they have generated some insights, a lot of there posts seems to be echoing what other people said.

According to the wiki active lurking "posts may be minimal in length, off-topic, or merely parroting what other players have already said.". While active lurking might not be technically accurate, it was the closest term i could think of to describe what i saw opie doing.

PS. Apologies to anyone else offended by being called a they, it, them, their, etc. or anything else. If i decided to insult someone or be intentionally rude, it would be a lot less subtle and more barbaric.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by Rishi »

roffman wrote: PS. Apologies to anyone else offended by being called a they, it, them, their, etc. or anything else. If i decided to insult someone or be intentionally rude, it would be a lot less subtle and more barbaric.
It's more insulting to be called by the wrong gender.

<ahem> skitzer.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by farside22 »

@roffman:
I reread day 1 and I found a couple of post where yes he did seem to say what others were saying. However he was the first to analyze people and put a list together. He has a few people he thinks were scummie and didn't vote against any of them. Mostly due to TDP I believe. I've disagreed with him on somethings, but found he is being cautions with his votes. I don't know if that is good or bad. Other than that I just didn't see how he always followed someone. I think some people were of the same consenses on things and so far either the scum are hiding or they are up in are face and we are ignoring them. (I'm looking at you DS).
angelmouse
angelmouse
Goon
angelmouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:20 pm

Post by angelmouse »

skitzer wrote:NOW I understand why people get so fired up over gender confusion. Angelmouse, I am a guy...its okay.
I want to apolise to you for this. i was throwen off by the cat in the picture to be honest. As soon as i posted and re-read it i realised my mistake and was hoping it would go un-noticed or un-mentioned.

Sorry for this!
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:14 am

Post by Holy »

skitzer wrote:Also, when you described Rishi, it would have appeared more scummy if you would have pointed out her faults instead of just saying "mason partner"
Hey, you noticed that too ("her faults") :shock: (okay.., I'm still sane then).
If he wasn't claiming a mason together with roffman, I doubt that I'd do a second thought on him.
And for now, yeah...I'm quite content with my vote on Draux.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:31 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Since Draux has not picked up his prod yet and it's been almost two weeks, I will begin looking for a replacement
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:49 am

Post by Holy »

Ahh, I see.., hasn't picked up it at all.. :x

:?
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:58 am

Post by gorckat »

One of the most interesting things opie has done, to me, was leave a random vote on pete for ~3 weeks.

No one was worth voting?

roffman: Why vote opie when skitzer is looking like a more probable lynch at the moment?
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:29 am

Post by roffman »

I voted opie cause, while skitzer is looking like a probable lynch, i'm not sold on his guilt. As i stated, my suspicions stem from the fact that everyone jumped on him when TDP left, and i made an assumption, perhaps wrongly, that people were noticing things that i, in my relative newness, missed. Opie, however, just seems to portray an image of scum.

On a related note, why do you assume i would vote for someone because they are a more probable lynch, considering my suspicions of them were very minor?
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:44 am

Post by gorckat »

I read more into the "leaning scum with opie" than you actually said. I've been re-reading skitzer and opie this morning, and my first read of your post made me think skitzer ranked more strongly on your scum list.

If a person is convinced of another's guilt, I see nothing wrong with steering a lynch that way, which is why I asked why you weren't voting him.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:58 am

Post by Rishi »

gorckat wrote: If a person is convinced of another's guilt, I see nothing wrong with steering a lynch that way, which is why I asked why you weren't voting him.
But we're all fallible, aren't we? Do you think we should lynch someone right now or would you prefer more discussion?

I heartily disagree that people should jump on the most probable bandwagon (except in the case of a deadline).
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”