Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:47 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Toaster Strudel wrote:Indeed, that I think that's the more likely alternative. I for one am quite convinced that players that delay or refuse to claim are generally scum.
I often refuse to claim when pro-town.

I don't really feel like I have any information on quagmire that gives me a handle on his alignment at this moment. That fact ITSELF is probably a small scum tell, but all in all, I think there are others who would be a better lynch today. At least Quag isn't lurking as badly as some are.

(shrug) Then agan, I don't really have any strong reason to think he's pro-town either, so if it came to a choice between lynching him and a no-lynch at deadline, I'd vote him if necessary.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:55 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

Yosarian2 wrote:I often refuse to claim when pro-town.
Show me the game(s). Like I said. I MY EXPERIENCE - whenever getting a claim from a player was like pulling a tiger's teeth... the player was SCUM. So it's become my habit to really push for the lynch of players that really don't want to claim. And since they've all turned up scum, I'm not about to give up on the practice.
Yosarian2 wrote:I don't really feel like I have any information on quagmire that gives me a handle on his alignment at this moment.
Read, Yoscum, read: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 179#890179
Yosarian2 wrote:That fact ITSELF is probably a small scum tell, but all in all, I think there are others who would be a better lynch today.
Yes, one heck of a good lynch would be YOU, Yosarian2. Too bad I'm the only one to see how scummy you are.

Besides, are you even suggseting that we should lynch a player before we all end up in the old age home? Noooooo! A lynch in this game? Never!
Yosarian2 wrote:At least Quag isn't lurking as badly as some are.
After 40 pages, are you obliquely suggesting we are such losers that we should go on a lurker hunt? Are you suggesting that a monkey typing random gibberish is too valuable to lynch is this wretched, indecisive, wagon derailing mess of a game? I hope not. Please tell me you're not.
Yosarian2 wrote:(shrug)
You really shrug a lot in this game, you uncommittal wagon derailing squirming shrugging scumbag.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:28 am

Yosarian2 wrote:I don't really feel like I have any information on quagmire that gives me a handle on his alignment at this moment. That fact ITSELF is probably a small scum tell[...]
Thank you for pointing out your own scumtells.

Will it be more, or less, of a scumtell if Quagmire turns up scum?
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:07 am

Post by Bookitty »

The issue for me is not that Quagmire did not read his PM. I dislike the idea of that, but I see no means of preventing people from practicing this tactic, regardless of how against the spirit of Mafia I personally might find it. If someone is determined enough, they'll just have a friend read their role PM and answer for them, while remaining ignorant of it themselves.

The issue is that Quagmire announced this to the game, while under no pressure. Toaster Strudel accused him of being scum, and that was his response. He deliberately brought it up when the most recent vote count looked like this:
JDodge wrote:
Vote Count:
5: Peers
(hasdgfas, Mert, Erg0, schismatized, Sikario8)
4: MoS
(JordanA24, Yosarian2, Battle Mage, TS)
3: Sikario8
(Neo-Viper9, Sir Tornado, Kscope)
2: Toaster Strudel
(Quagmire, ABR)
1: JordanA24
(Elmo)
1: Kscope
(Zu_Faul)
1: Quagmire
(Panzerjager)

Not voting:
Peers

Don't mind me, backup mod just passing on through...
Peers voted for Sikario right after this vote count and before Quagmire's statement. Now, why did Quagmire choose this time to reveal that he hadn't read his role PM? Later on, he says:
Quagmire wrote:Sorry, but...are you stupid? Why in the world would I do that if I'm scum, knowing that I'll be getting the blunt of all of the negative attention in the world? If I was down, why would I try to distract the town from anything?
And he has a point. But that point is also valid if he's town. Why on earth would town want to distract the rest of the town with a long discussion about the role-pm controversy? Quagmire can't pretend that he didn't know this was a controversial topic, that it would derail the current wagons, and that it would divert suspicion from people who were already being considered as possible lynches at that time. So the question becomes, why would a neutral Quagmire want to get "the blunt of all of the negative attention in the world?" If he truly had not read his role PM, why would he choose to announce it (and he did CHOOSE to do so. No one asked him) and distract town with it, when it appeared we were nearing a lynch?

I think it's likely Quagmire is scum. I think that one of his scumbuddies was under pressure, and that Quagmire is counting on our thinking "Oh, Quag always plays like this" to excuse his anti-town behaviour and avoid being lynched himself. So if Quagmire comes up scum, as I think likely, I'm going to be taking a hard look at the people under pressure when he made his original non-reading claim.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:42 am

Post by Erg0 »

Toaster Strudel wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:I don't really feel like I have any information on quagmire that gives me a handle on his alignment at this moment. That fact ITSELF is probably a small scum tell[...]

I'm pretty sure he meant it was a scumtell for Quagmire...
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:45 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

The capital is Melbourne, not Sydney!
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Erg0 »

Actually, it's Canberra - hence the reason that my location is phrased as a question.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:04 am

Never heard of LOL

You must get this often :P
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:38 am

Peril in Panama, that started about the same time as this game, has only 24 pages, and THEY HAVE ALREADY LYNCHED SOMEONE!!!

OMG the big bad meanies, they lynch players!!! What kind of cruel game are they playing? Somebody toss these truants in Juvenile Detention, and throw away the key!

Hey guys, let's make it official, and start a NO LYNCH WAGON. Let's face it. We're a bunch of wusses.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:39 am

Why are you following that game lol
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:41 am

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Why are you following that game lol
Lynching envy.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:47 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Toaster Strudel wrote:

:roll:

I thought it should be pretty clear that I meant it's a scumtell ON THE PART OF QUAGMIRE that he hasn't really done anything yet that can let me figure out his alignment. It's not as big as some other scumtells I've seen, and I'd rather lynch Panzer, or K-Scope, or some of the other scummy looking lurkers at the moment over him.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:00 am

Yosarian2 wrote:I'd rather lynch Panzer, or K-Scope, or some of the other scummy looking lurkers at the moment over him.
FORTY ONE pages of material, and your best idea is to launch a lurker hunt???

Hey Yos, since you're so fond of derailing wagons, and don't seem to have the gumption to start one, why don't you vote for NO LYNCH and be done with it. :roll:
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:34 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Toaster Strudel wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:I'd rather lynch Panzer, or K-Scope, or some of the other scummy looking lurkers at the moment over him.
FORTY ONE pages of material, and your best idea is to launch a lurker hunt???
I'm not trying to "launch a lurker hunt". I just want to lynch one of the two people I've identified as probable lurker scum. In both cases, the lurking is not the reason I initially suspected them, but the fact that they're also a lurker makes lynching them even better in my book.

And it's odd that you call me a lurker every time I don't post for 5 minutes, and yet you are willing to go to the mattresses to defend scummy looking people who seem to be intentionally lurking in order to avoid getting lynched.

[qupte]Hey Yos, since you're so fond of derailing wagons, and don't seem to have the gumption to start one, [/quote]

Um, I've been trying to start a bandwagon on K-scope for a while now. What, do I have to print up "lynch kaleidoscope in 08" bumper stickers or something for you to take me seriously?
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:50 am

Yosarian2 wrote:And it's odd that you call me a lurker every time I don't post for 5 minutes[...]
No, I only noticed that you were selectively lurking when the most recent Quagwagon gathered up some steam. That's different from being a general lurker. It's the timing of your lurking that I noticed with my legendary sharp, paranoid eye.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:58 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Toaster Strudel wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:And it's odd that you call me a lurker every time I don't post for 5 minutes[...]
No, I only noticed that you were selectively lurking when the most recent Quagwagon gathered up some steam. That's different from being a general lurker. It's the timing of your lurking that I noticed with my legendary sharp, paranoid eye.
Um...when I made post 897, and when I posted again two days later in post 972, the Quagmire wagon had exactally the same number of votes. No one else had voted Quagmire between my posts at all. In no, way, shape, or form, was the Quagmire wagon "gathering up steam" during that time period.

It looks like you're starting to just basically make stuff up here that has no real basis in reality in order to support what you already want to be true.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:03 pm

Yosarian2 wrote:Um, I've been trying to start a bandwagon on K-scope for a while now. What, do I have to print up "lynch kaleidoscope in 08" bumper stickers or something for you to take me seriously?
Kscope is voting for MoS, who has been about as scummy and useless as Quagmire. I can't find fault with Kscope for finding MoS scummy. Of the two I'd vote for MoS first.

The other player you mentioned, Panzer, is also voting, oh coincidence, for MoS too. Hey look at that. You want to lynch players that are voting for MoS. I also can't find fault with Panzer for finding MoS scummy, and I'd also lynch MoS before I'd lynch Panzer.

After you've derailed 41 pages worth of wagons, there's not a whole lot of will to help you in you Kal-is-scum agenda. The case against Kaleidoscope is a weak one, also not helping. The fact that you mentioned Panser before Kaleidoscope, and included "or some of the other scummy looking lurkers" to the lot shows that you're scummy little heart isn't really sincere about wanting to lynch Kal.

You're unlikely to gather 10 votes on such as weak case when we can't even get 5 votes on a player like Quagmire. I'm afraid that, with my native paranoia, I'm going to have to think that you're wagon-shy scum.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:07 pm

Yosarian2 wrote:Um...when I made post 897, and when I posted again two days later in post 972, the Quagmire wagon had exactally the same number of votes. No one else had voted Quagmire between my posts at all. In no, way, shape, or form, was the Quagmire wagon "gathering up steam" during that time period.
We were hotly discussing the matter. You showed up in other games, but failed to appear in this one. Why?

You didn't want to be seen to commit to the wagon one way or another? Just asking.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:13 pm

Seriously, Yosarian, why are you pushing to lynch the two players that are voting against MoS?

Do you think that they're both scum bus'ing MoS, scum hiding behind the same off-wagon vote, or townies that genuinely find MoS scummy?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:19 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Gee...so my top two scum suspects seem to be working together to get MOS lynched. Not sure how that's supposed to UNDERMINE my case against the two of them; if anything, it's another argument for the two of them being linked scum.

Not that MOS would be a terrible lynch either.
You want to lynch players that are voting for MoS. I also can't find fault with Panzer for finding MoS scummy, and I'd also lynch MoS before I'd lynch Panzer.
ANd that's the only thing you're willing to comment on about Panzer? Not the fact that he's lurking while posting in other threads, or the fact that he's been acting incredibly scummy all game? So long as he's voting for someone who's pissed you off, he's gold in your book?
After you've derailed 41 pages worth of wagons, there's not a whole lot of will to help you in you Kal-is-scum agenda.
Yeah, yeah; I've already refuted all these points about me "derailing wagons" or whatever, you know.
The case against Kaleidoscope is a weak one, also not helping. The fact that you mentioned Panser before Kaleidoscope, and included "or some of the other scummy looking lurkers" to the lot shows that you're scummy little heart isn't really sincere about wanting to lynch Kal.
I'm perfectly happy with lynching either of them. I would actually be happier about lynching Panzer at the moment, but, contrary to your opinion of me, I'm not interested in derailing a good bandwagon like the one on kscope at this point in time.

I find it odd you have a problem with me attacking multiple people at once, when you're doing the same thing.

Besides, the kaleidoscope wagon is, what, the second or third biggest one at the moment; probably the only reason it's not bigger is because you've managed to keep a large part of the town focused on Quagmire.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Yosarian, what's your opinion of my post 1003?

You at one point stated that if Quagmire had not read his role PM, he was acting "pure town". Can you support that statement with any actions that Quagmire has taken that seem especially townie to you?
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:25 pm

Hey boo, how old are you ? Just like that.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:32 pm

Yosarian2 wrote:Gee...so my top two scum suspects seem to be working together to get MOS lynched. Not sure how that's supposed to UNDERMINE my case against the two of them; if anything, it's another argument for the two of them being linked scum.
When you say "linked scum" do you mean that they are both scum? Why would two scumbags both vote for the same off-wagon player? If Kal and Panzer are both scum, what are the chances that two scumbags are voting for their third buddy, when no one else is voting for that third buddy? I'm not saying it's physically impossible, but highly unlikely.

You don't really believe that the two people on MoS's wagon are both scum, and that MoS is also scum to boot, do you?

If you think that
BOTH
Kal and Panzer are scum... can you imagine how surprised I was to read this:
Yosarian2 wrote:Not that MOS would be a terrible lynch either.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Hey boo, how old are you ? Just like that.
Is this a slam at my posting style? ;)
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:43 pm

Bookitty wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Hey boo, how old are you ? Just like that.
Is this a slam at my posting style? ;)
Next he's going to ask if you have a boyfriend.

I apologize for the interruption, but Boo, am I crazy?

What's up with Yosarian thinking that both MoS voters are (1) scum the both of them and (2) both bus'ing MoS their #3 buddy - so that Yosarian would vote for any of those three, or some anonymous lurker. Anyone but Quagmire, Quagmire is way too precious, we can't spare him.

What's up with that?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”