Mini 527 - Doom in Valencia - Game Over!

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:12 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

/prodded

Time to look over the thread...
gorckat wrote:I see the case on Pra. I'll move at deadlinbe if we must force a lynch, but I think Gorgon, SirWario or sikario are better choices.
Holy scummy post, Batman. Gorckat is parroting other player's suspicions and supporting a wagon without actually placing his vote on it (or even a FoS, for that matter).
gorckat wrote:Have you gathered up any further suspicion or worry in the two weeks since then?
... and look, gorckat is asking for another player's analysis while offering no analysis of his own! Classic scum maneuver.

Gorckat's early play drew my attention in my initial reread, and what I'm seeing here only reinforces my suspicions. I am mystified as to why people are allowing Gorckat to slide under the radar here.

Unvote, Vote: Gorckat
FoS: neko
- I haven't forgotten him, either.

I'll look over Pra again, but at the moment I don't see much merit to MeMe's case (my gut read on Sammich in my initial read was that he was town). I'll also take a second look at MeMe, too.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:19 am

Post by gorckat »

Tar wrote:Holy scummy post, Batman. Gorckat is parroting other player's suspicions and supporting a wagon without actually placing his vote on it (or even a FoS, for that matter).
Would you rather go No-Lynch? I'm only moving if one of the people I think are scummier aren't being lynched.
Tar wrote:gorckat is asking for another player's analysis while offering no analysis of his own!
Out of context. It was directly related to my questioning Gorgon on why he hadn't voted sikario, iirc, when they worried him.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:03 am

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count

soupfly
(2) -
Archaist, SirWario

Guardian
(1) -
Pra a Funkee Home Sapien

neko2086
(1) -
soupfly

Gorgon
(1) -
gorckat

Sikario8
(1) -
neko2086

SirWario
(1) -
Guardian

Pra a Funkee Homo Sapien
(1) -
MeMe

Gorckat
(1) -
Tarhalindur

not voting
(3) -
Arakorn, Gorgon, Sikario8

This is assuming MeMe's was correct. Just for my benefit/boredom.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:42 am

Post by Jenter Brolincani »

Dead Rikimaru replaces Sikario8. yay!

I confirm Guardian is right about the votecount, so I won't bother writing my own up.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:23 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Hi.
Catching up now.
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by MeMe »

Just a wave -- still paying attention here & looking forward to Tar's follow-up thoughts and DR's take on the game.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Guardian »

I'm terribly sorry Jenter -- but I would like you to look for a replacement for me, as soon as you can. I am in this and one other game, and that other game is winding down in the next month, at the most. I want to phase out mafia scum for a bit.

Thanks, and good luck all. I'll be here as possible, but my heart isn't in these games anymore.
Do not lynch me.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:34 pm

Post by gorckat »

:(

Frustrating.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:58 am

Post by MeMe »

Incredibly so.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:47 pm

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Just finished reading.
My eyes are bleeding with Day 1 confusion.
May I propose that we play the "top 3 game?"
A player state his/her top 3 suspects and the reasons for suspicion, the chooses another player to be the next.
This information will be useful on day 2 and will prevent players to slide through day 1 without really participating.

What? My own list?
I will save it for my turn, if people agree with the idea.
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:08 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Crap - Guardian gone. This is one mish-mashed game.

I'm cool with the 'top 3 idea', except I'm hard pressed to name even three suspects. I could probably dredge something up if this idea goes through though.

General thoughts ...

Sammich/Pra is not the lynch today, IMO. Sammich posted some good analysis and looks more protown than not to me.

I'm not seeing the case against gorckat. Even though I appear to be at the top of his list, I think he's somewhat justified. Overall his motivations seem protown to me. However, if I'm to defend myself, I feel the case is thin, and hinges mostly on the fact that cast suspicion on Sikario8 without voting for him ... and yeah, probably the fact that I haven't been that helpful in this game, at least not so far. To this I can only say that there isn't an awful lot to go on, and the replacements and inactivity only add to the confusion and frustration. Right now there's a whole bunch of people that need prodding/replacing.
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:03 am

Post by gorckat »

DR wrote:May I propose that we play the "top 3 game?"
Why not?
Arakorn
Arakorn
Townie
Arakorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:14 am

Post by Arakorn »

Isn't the deadline today? Don't think we will be able to make a "top3" today... I really have no larger suspicions, as there has been so little analysis so far (on my part too, but those from TWC will know that I usually dont' do it either! :P)
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:27 am

Post by gorckat »

Deadline's the 13th.

Even still, we really don't have time to play top 3. Timezones and stuff.

Thinking...
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:32 am

Post by gorckat »

unvote

vote: SirWario

I like that better than Gorgon, at the moment.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:21 am

Post by Guardian »

Dead Rikimaru, aside from proposing this game, you've contributed nothing since replacing in besides saying that you are confused. It would benefit the town for us to hear
something
from you.

Whether or not everyone manages to play, there is no reason for each individual
not
to play the game, and I find it suspicious that people are saying we shouldn't bother.

My top 3? SirWario, reasons stated. Sikario8/Dead Rikimaru, reasons stated/implied. Third? Soupfly I guess. That is intuition/from what I remember, though. I have this lingering suspicion of MeMe... she's scarry >:-).

Again, I think it would be good for the town to hear something substantive from Dead Rikumaru. Your top 3 list and as much reasons as you have for them would be great.
Do not lynch me.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:43 am

Post by gorckat »

and I find it suspicious that people are saying we shouldn't bother.
As it was proposed, I believe we do not have time to 1) get a majority to agree to play, 2) get everyone to post their list and name the next person to do so and 3) marshal some kind of action based on those posts.

I also believe I've already put my top three out there- Sikario (now DR), Gorgon and SirWario.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:21 am

Post by neko2086 »

Meme, I see where you're coming from, but I'm still not sure it carries much weight. It's noteworthy, but not voteworthy, imo.

Top three for me at the moment will go something like this

1-Dead/Sikario- Sikario for already-stated reasons, DR for suggesting that everyone post their top 3 without being willing to post his own. It makes sense to me that the scum would like to get others discussing and making implications without sharing their own. Less to worry about that way. I'm not impressed.

2- Gorckat- maybe your voting habits really are just strange, but I think nobody in this game has voted with less discretion than you.

3- Arakorn?- This guy is new, so I don't know what to make of him, but he hasn't done much to be helpful. My best guess is that this is a newbie thrown into a scum position and doesn't know what to do. This is just a guess. If I'm wrong, Arakorn, you may want to start participating to prove it to me and the others.
In Tartiflette We Trust
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:36 am

Post by gorckat »

neko wrote:maybe your voting habits really are just strange, but I think nobody in this game has voted with less discretion than you.
I've tried to be provacative, unlike other games I've been in. Each vote has been intentional and deliberate and will hopefully be useful later. Unfortunately, there have been really bad lulls with people getting replaced or just not doing anything.

Can you show me where my votes have harmed the town, or been done with that intent?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:48 am

Post by Guardian »

ps: Jenter, if you haven't found a replacement... you can at least suspend your search. I'm thinking my disillusionment might be specific to the games I was in that are ending. At the least, I'll play through the game day, and night. At that point, this will be the only thread I'm involved with.

If at that point I still feel like I need to take a break from mafiascum in totality, I'll let you know.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by Guardian »

gorckat wrote:
Guardian wrote:and I find it suspicious that people are saying we shouldn't bother.
As it was proposed, I believe we do not have time to 1) get a majority to agree to play, 2) get everyone to post their list and name the next person to do so and 3) marshal some kind of action based on those posts.

I also believe I've already put my top three out there- Sikario (now DR), Gorgon and SirWario.
Do you or do you not think it is a good idea for as many people as possible to list their top three suspects and give reasons for their suspicions?

To put it another way -- do you oppose us at least trying to start this "game" of listing our suspects?
Do not lynch me.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by gorckat »

Sure- its a good idea to just do it. Once I was reminded the deadline was so close, I was afraid we'd spin circles.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:39 pm

Post by MeMe »

unvote: Pra

No reason to hang on under deadline when it's clear there's no other support for it today. At the moment, SirWario has two & soupfly has two. We've got to get someone to at least three before deadline -- about 6 days from now (in case anyone's still unclear).

I'm generally opposed to suspicion lists because they seem to simply help scum know who to keep around. Why not everyone simply state ONE suspect rather than three? That should focus discussion a bit.

Other than Pra, the one I had the most negative notes about after my reread was neko.

Also -- just a warning -- my anniversary is the 12th and I'll be out of town for the weekend to celebrate, which means I'll miss deadline. I will definitely vote before that time, but just wanted to give a heads-up.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by Guardian »

I agree with MeMe somewhat on that. Especially with Dead Rikimaru's suggestion of it and then hesitancy to do so himself, I am suspicious.

We should hear from DR. Also from Sir Wario. And Arakorn.
Do not lynch me.
Arakorn
Arakorn
Townie
Arakorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:58 am

Post by Arakorn »

neko2086 wrote: 3- Arakorn?- This guy is new, so I don't know what to make of him, but he hasn't done much to be helpful. My best guess is that this is a newbie thrown into a scum position and doesn't know what to do. This is just a guess. If I'm wrong, Arakorn, you may want to start participating to prove it to me and the others.
Sorry, I'm having like 5 schoolprojects that needs to be completed within a week, but I will read through every post and try to contribute. (I am usually quite quiet, which makes me stand out here in a Mafia-dedicated community. :() Anyway, I still have no suspects at this moment...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”