Newbie 1768: Party Mafia - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:44 pm

Post by nancy »

And Titus got lynched anyway :/

pedit oh, shit, ok.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:44 pm

Post by nancy »

Sorry for that.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:29 pm

Post by Agent Sparkles »

In post 988, GuiltyLion wrote:also AS you played real well this game! made my job easy. thanks for being such a great partner in crime :cool:
Thanks, it was fun being partnered with you! I think there were some flaws in my scumplay, but they're just examples for next time.
In post 991, nancy wrote:Yeah AS's lurking and posting timings were really spot-on imo throughout Day 2 and Day 3. The long lurk Day 1 after getting Townread and the lack of solid stances early in Day 2 I think was the only scumclaim-y stuff.
My inactivity actually wasn't because of my alignment. I try to be active and immerse myself in the game whether I'm town or scum, but I didn't post much at times due to irl factors that were partially my fault.
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:44 pm

Post by Agent Sparkles »

Also, I don't know if anyone noticed, but I wasn't paying very close attention and accidentally contradicted myself about SS from to . I got super paranoid and frustrated at myself after that because I thought I might've wrecked my towncred, but thankfully town didn't catch on and I think I gave a decent explanation in .
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:25 pm

Post by Agent Sparkles »

I was the roleblocker btw
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:22 pm

Post by Agent Sparkles »

I may or may not have obsessively kept checking the thread for replies in those last couple of irl days.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:58 am

Post by SirCakez »

Votecount 3.6

Revan (4) - GuiltyLion, tojam2, Sobolev Space, Agent Sparkles
GuiltyLion (1) - Revan

Not voting (1) - EccentricLemon

With 6 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch someone.

(expired on 2017-02-17 17:22:00) remain until day end
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:00 am

Post by SirCakez »

Revan was a Vanilla Townie! The scumteam of GL and AS have won!

I'll edit in all the game ending info when I get home. Thanks for playing guys!

Like Jae said, in the future you should wait until the mod calls the game before posting. Luckily in this case it was all right.

Mafia chat: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p8676999
Dead chat: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p8735204
Mod topic: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p8676979
Last edited by SirCakez on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:29 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

ggwp scum
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:00 am

Post by SirCakez »

PTs are released
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:35 pm

Post by Agent Sparkles »

Dang, nancy, you really saw through us.

Sorry if it seemed like I was rubbing it in. was sarcasm, since my entrance was really anything but pro. I got cocky toward the end, but I didn't mean to come across as obnoxious.

Kudos to the town for making the game a challenge for us. I was actually intimidated by bowdown's d2 opening.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:02 pm

Post by nancy »

Oh I didn't mean anything by the rubbing it in comments. It was just, you guys were absolutely wrecking Town and you just both kept posting more and more without a care in the world and I was just like oh god let it end.... It wasn't obnoxious at all! (:
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:04 pm

Post by nancy »

Oh yeah I realized you were joking with 972 (:

Sorry if you took it that way, I was seriously 0% annoyed by your play, scum played great this game.
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:02 am

Post by Agent Sparkles »

Thanks nancy!

Jae, did you ever remember why you thought I was partnered with nancy?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:07 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Not really, Agent. I just went through and at a guess it's the easyish interactions between you two and the way nancy joke fos'ed EL in RVS. Plus you at one point seemed to find nancy suspicious but didn't vote her. Small things like that. I put the stuff I found that I probably was making the connection with in a spoiler for ya.

It was wrong tho :P

GG scum! And GL you were worried about me :lol: I was right in that your partner would make the kill, wrong on who the partner was. Thought I'd be roleblocked tho lol.

Spoiler: quote wall of nancy/Agent
In post 21, nancy wrote:EccentricLemon seems pretty wishywashy to me. Switching votes for dubious reasons and suspicious of people called "Agent"? Clear scumtell. Serious.
In post 30, Agent Sparkles wrote:
In post 18, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 10, Agent Sparkles wrote:@kentofan @Bulbazoor

If I'm not mistaken, you'll be replaced if you don't confirm within the 72 hours.
why are you acting like a moderator?

VOTE: Agent Sparkles
I'm guessing that question is just for RVS purposes, but if you actually want it answered, I'm just reminding the inactive players so that they don't get kicked from the game. And for obvious reasons, it's helpful to have as many active players as possible.
In post 21, nancy wrote:EccentricLemon seems pretty wishywashy to me. Switching votes for dubious reasons and suspicious of people called "Agent"? Clear scumtell. Serious.
In post 22, nancy wrote:Also, saying hello to people as first post? Obvious survival tactics.
I really hope you're messing with us.

Fixed quote tag
In post 48, Agent Sparkles wrote:
In post 39, tojam2 wrote:Jae, I honestly can't work that out myself. Unless that's your way of stirring up conversation and starting the hunt, which I'm going to read you as Towny for.
This doesn't really resonate with me. Stirring up discussion alone is something that anyone can easily do, and in my opinion, not a very good basis for reads. JaeReed also earned some townie points with me for that post, but it's because of the way he purposely didn't explain himself and left it up to everyone else to think about, which seems like a genuine town strategy. I do think it's possible that you were thinking along these lines and just weren't as specific about it.
In post 42, nancy wrote:Your read only applies if everyone on mafia has the same personality or playstyle.
You could use this logic against countless types of legitimate reads. Just because not everyone has the same playstyle doesn't mean you should ignore the subtle differences in the styles of people's messages. People aren't computers; there's almost always some kind of sign that people are genuine or pretending.
In post 42, nancy wrote:@toejam I don't see that as a TR. Saying you've read him a Town for starting discussion seems to me like the start of buddying up, which I would read as scum
Maybe. I'm a bit hesitant to scumread him for that because of reasons I mentioned above.

I'll finish replying to messages after I eat dinner.
In post 50, Agent Sparkles wrote:
In post 45, JaeReed wrote:

Code: Select all

[unvote][/unvote] or [uv][/uv]

Will come out as:
UNVOTE:
Thanks.
In post 47, nancy wrote: I have no idea why I'm gutreading toejam as scum, but it came with his first two posts, #7 & #9.
This is scummier than anything toejam has said. If you seriously scumread someone, then there has to be a reason behind it, however small it might be. Why should your initial read have any credibility if you can't tell us why you have it?
In post 47, nancy wrote: Now I've realized there may be a terminology issue here. Are you using "dislike" as equivalent to "read as scum"?
Probably. That's the way most people seem to use it here.
In post 49, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 30, Agent Sparkles wrote:I'm guessing that question is just for RVS purposes, but if you actually want it answered, I'm just reminding the inactive players so that they don't get kicked from the game. And for obvious reasons, it's helpful to have as many active players as possible.
But why do you think bulba/kento would need to see your post to remember that they have to confirm? If they're reading this thread, they would already know they need to confirm and participate, no?
I was hoping that this was like some other forums, where doing @player would alert them.
In post 52, Agent Sparkles wrote:There is one issue that I have to side with nancy on, and this is mostly directed at JaeReed and GuiltyLion.

There's nothing wrong with trying to break apart townreads, especially weak ones. If you stay quiet when people are gaining unnecessary trust, then what if one of them is mafia? You're just making it easier for them to stay hidden. Even if the people in question are town, what about the people townreading them? If you point out the flaws in their arguments, whether they're scumreading or townreading, you can force them to explain themselves and draw attention to possible fake reads.

I'm not saying that putting scumreads under scrutiny is less important, but it's a two-way road. I'm surprised that this is even a subject for debate.

Welcome, Titus.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Alisae »

I looked at this game every now and then, and notices Agent Sparkles' slot, and every now and then I kept on saying to my self "Dam, this Agent Sparkles kid is most likely scum and I have nothing to base it off of."
GTKAS
| here.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:28 am

Post by Mina »

Goodbye.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”