Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:33 am

Post by hapahauli »

Oh, and congrats Hawk!
A TeamLiquid Mafia journeyman.
Need a replacement for your game? Shoot me a PM.
KidAmn
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:36 am

Post by KidAmn »

In post 474, hapahauli wrote:
In post 472, KidAmn wrote:You call Kop your second strongest read and then follow it with a list of reasons he might not be scum, one of which is his posting style with bigass walls of text catchup, while criticising me for having a weak scum-read on Creature but admitting that part of my issue could just be his posting style

Do you not see the contradiction there
Mistype on my part from all these fucking walls of text - should be Fitz
Kop is not my second strongest read. Where do you get that?
KidAmn
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:38 am

Post by KidAmn »

Jfc phone posting. Mistype on my part from all these fucking walls of text - should be Fitz.

Point still stands, and calling you out on your bullshit with actual arguments is the opposite of "OMGUS" - the definition of OMGUS is a vote with no real reason other than 'fuck you' although that is basically my thoughts right now
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:43 am

Post by hapahauli »

You're not addressing my arguments, so I'm not sure which ones are "bullshit."

Even the fitz stuff I don't get.
- KidAmn is probably mafia.
- Fitz is probably mafia.
- There's some margin for error in my read because of reasons 1 and 2.
- Reasons 1 and 2 don't apply to KidAmn
- Therefore I'm voting KidAmn
Though two things give me pause (and have me wanting KidAmn dead first):
1) Multiple people have been complaining about OoO's post-length, which makes it possible that being anti-wall-of-text is some standard mafiascum meta thing.
2) I've seen townies do the "post while catching up wall-of-text" before, and they always read as very awkward/scummy to me.
Which part of this applies to you?
KidAmn
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:47 am

Post by KidAmn »

...at this point I'm going to assume you're scum being intentionally dense because nobody can be this goddamn dumb after both doom and I have pointed out the inconsistency to you, so good night.
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:57 am

Post by hapahauli »

I understand what Doom is pointing out. It just bad.

My thought process:
- I think Fitz is mafia.
- There's some slight margin for error in my read, hence me wanting to kill KidAmn first.
- On balance, Fitz is still probably mafia.

Your thought process:
- You think Creature is anti-town and mafia for his posting.
- You point out that all his posting he's done in his town games and is probably non alignment indicative.
- Therefore, you still support voting Creature?

The issue is that you have
no evidence
for saying Creature is mafia, and you want to vote him purely based on the non-alignment indicative reasons you already pointed out in your own filter.
Rels
Rels
Goon
Rels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:06 pm

Post by Rels »

UNVOTE: Hapahauli
Welcome to the game
TL Mafia is best mafia
Rels
Rels
Goon
Rels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by Rels »

In post 462, Hawk wrote:My baby girl was just born! Will be back later maybe earlier than tomorrow just felt like sharing!!! :D
Gratz =D
TL Mafia is best mafia
Rels
Rels
Goon
Rels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:14 pm

Post by Rels »

kidDamn defense is awful.
TL Mafia is best mafia
Rels
Rels
Goon
Rels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:16 pm

Post by Rels »

In post 472, KidAmn wrote:You call Kop your second strongest read and then follow it with a list of reasons he might not be scum, one of which is his posting style with bigass walls of text catchup, while criticising me for having a weak scum-read on Creature but admitting that part of my issue could just be his posting style

This in particular makes no sense. This looks like stretching to find reasons to OMGUS
TL Mafia is best mafia
Rels
Rels
Goon
Rels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:19 pm

Post by Rels »

In post 479, KidAmn wrote:...at this point I'm going to assume you're scum being intentionally dense because nobody can be this goddamn dumb after both doom and I have pointed out the inconsistency to you, so good night.
KidDamn throwing a fist for a little bit then GTFOing could be scum indicative too.
TL Mafia is best mafia
Rels
Rels
Goon
Rels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:21 pm

Post by Rels »

In post 454, hapahauli wrote:
Fitz
still is probably my second strongest read. I did not like his "wall-o-text" catchup post in the least bit.
It's like he made it intentionally super hard to read,
while criticizing OoO's wall for being hard-to-read.

Though two things give me pause (and have me wanting KidAmn dead first):
1) Multiple people have been complaining about OoO's post-length, which makes it possible that being anti-wall-of-text is some standard mafiascum meta thing.
2) I've seen townies do the "post while catching up wall-of-text" before, and they always read as very awkward/scummy to me.

I think there's a chance that Fitz is just a really awkward poster. Not a large chance, but certainly more of a chance than KidAmn.
The bolded is weird. Why would Fitz do something obviously bad ?
About 1), didn't you say you already played in this forum ? Why are you not aware of that ?
TL Mafia is best mafia
Rels
Rels
Goon
Rels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:22 pm

Post by Rels »

Don't think I want to lynch KidDamn over Kop or Frederick though
TL Mafia is best mafia
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:23 pm

Post by doomfeathers »

In post 484, Rels wrote:

This in particular makes no sense. This looks like stretching to find reasons to OMGUS
He's explaining what I said.
Rels
Rels
Goon
Rels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:25 pm

Post by Rels »

In post 488, doomfeathers wrote:
In post 484, Rels wrote:

He's explaining what I said.
What you said also made no sense. There is a difference between saying "X could be scum but also could be town doing this" and "I would be OK lynching X even though my only problem with him is his posting style, which I checked he uses as town"
TL Mafia is best mafia
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:27 pm

Post by doomfeathers »

You're right, that doesn't. But KidAmn did list another reason. It was weak, I'll grant.
Rels
Rels
Goon
Rels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:27 pm

Post by Rels »

Does Frederick gets killed by host at some point if he doesn't get replaced ?
TL Mafia is best mafia
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:30 pm

Post by Creature »

I propose this.

VOTE: Fredrick
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:31 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 0, Tenshii wrote:01. Aubrey02. Kop > KainTepes03. hapahauli04. outoforder05. Rels*06. Hawk > Allomancer*07. MooginSoosy08. KidAmn09. havingfitz10. doomfeathers11. Fredrick E Campbell12. Creature
Aubrey, outoforder, Rels and doomfeathers are all town.

Everybody else is meh.
Sigh
Rels
Rels
Goon
Rels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:33 pm

Post by Rels »

In post 406, Rels wrote:Kops's filter is horrible too.

1. Most of it is useless stuff.

But not the townie kind of useless stuff. Not the "I-dont-care-about-others" posts. No, useless-but-still-trying-to-look-useful kind.
In post 18, Kop wrote:
In post 16, outoforder wrote:Hey Rels, when you're around, let me know what you think of the MooginSoosy post.
What do you think of that post?
Useless question that have no follow up.
In post 125, Kop wrote:
In post 79, outoforder wrote:
In post 73, doomfeathers wrote:
In post 9, Creature wrote: This is MafiaScum. Vote away. If you're not voting, you'll likely be viewed as hesitant scum.
I don't care. I vote when i actually am fairly certain someone is scum. If people wanna paint it as hesitant scum then they do. ^^
I see votes as "i am trying to lynch this person i think is mafia", not as "i voted for random person" or "reaction test" or whatever... It just is confusing imo. Keep it simple, that's what i like to do regarding votes. I believe that way scum have no outs from their votes, as if you vote you only vote for one reason and one reason only and you can never say "well i actually didn't think that guy was scum after all at the time".
There are no certainties of who is scum unless we have guilty or a scum claim. Votes on a wagon of someone you suspect gets far more answers than just sitting on your hands until you find someone who's willing, to put there hands up and say "hey I'm scum." Or even starting up a voting process on one of your top suspects.
In post 264, Kop wrote:Look at that buddying.
In post 293, Kop wrote:I don't really like giant walls because scum sometimes use that to scare off potential suspects.
In post 304, Kop wrote:Not being able to read someone simply because they are hard to read doest make them scum.
2. His ONE scumread is bad, he's not voting him, he's not pressuring him.

This one:
In post 242, Kop wrote:
In post 210, doomfeathers wrote:Fitz looks townie to me. This scares me, because I townread him for playing exactly the same last game. He was scum.
In post 218, doomfeathers wrote:Also, there's nobody here who isn't a plausible wagonee, so literally any vote could be seen that way.

If you're referring to my jumpy voting, I do that at the beginning of every game. I can provide references if you wish. I find it helpful to know how people respond when I vote for them.

Pedit: Okay, then. That's been the case in the past sometimes, now that I think about it. He'll need to get involved soon to avoid the prod anyway.

VOTE: havingfitz
Your vote doesn't make any sense. Why would you say he looks townie, but then vote for him a few posts after. I understand you said that he was like that in the previous game but turned out to be scum, so you have paranoia that it could be another turn out like that, but is that the only reason your suspecting him?

Because in reality, your vote doesn't have a case or is backed up with any questions towards fitz to answer too. It feels to me that you were questioned about your previous vote on a needless slot right now, to someone that could appear needing pressure. And that is backed up by you asking Aubrey for her thoughts on Fitz, as if your trying to push Aubrey into Fitz direction.
First, this reasonning doesn't make anyone scum. Town are way more likely to flip flop their read on someone than scum. The inquisitive tone in the last paragraph is also not in phase with Kop's actions: he's not voting doom, he's not talking to him even though he's STILL HERE when doom comes back.
This post is after he explained why he scumread doom; after he agreed with Aubrey that doom was scummy; and after doom came back to the thread. But he doesn't do anything with him and leave the thread.

--

Yeah. Probably scum.
This is still a good case.
VOTE: Kop
TL Mafia is best mafia
Rels
Rels
Goon
Rels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:36 pm

Post by Rels »

+ the thing OOO found where Kop is saying "voting is always good, you shoudl'nt wait to be super sure on a scumread before voting":
In post 125, Kop wrote:
In post 79, outoforder wrote:
In post 73, doomfeathers wrote:
In post 9, Creature wrote: This is MafiaScum. Vote away. If you're not voting, you'll likely be viewed as hesitant scum.
I don't care. I vote when i actually am fairly certain someone is scum. If people wanna paint it as hesitant scum then they do. ^^
I see votes as "i am trying to lynch this person i think is mafia", not as "i voted for random person" or "reaction test" or whatever... It just is confusing imo. Keep it simple, that's what i like to do regarding votes. I believe that way scum have no outs from their votes, as if you vote you only vote for one reason and one reason only and you can never say "well i actually didn't think that guy was scum after all at the time".
There are no certainties of who is scum unless we have guilty or a scum claim. Votes on a wagon of someone you suspect gets far more answers than just sitting on your hands until you find someone who's willing, to put there hands up and say "hey I'm scum." Or even starting up a voting process on one of your top suspects.
And never vote besides random vote at the beginning.
TL Mafia is best mafia
Rels
Rels
Goon
Rels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:36 pm

Post by Rels »

doom, Creature, since you're around do you know the answer to this ?
In post 491, Rels wrote:Does Frederick gets killed by host at some point if he doesn't get replaced ?
TL Mafia is best mafia
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by Aubrey »

Holy crap that Fitz post. Half way through it, and i'm like:

Rels
Rels
Goon
Rels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:42 pm

Post by Rels »

Fitz where do your KidDamn townread come from ?
TL Mafia is best mafia
Rels
Rels
Goon
Rels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:45 pm

Post by Rels »

In post 470, Creature wrote:bacadafagahajakalamanaparasatavawaza

Only disagree on Aubrey and Creature.
You're talking about:
In post 468, havingfitz wrote: Town leans - Doom, Kop, KidAmn, Rels,
TBDs - Hawk, OoO, Moogin, Fredrick
Scum leans - Aubrey, Creature, hapa
How does that match up with:
In post 397, Creature wrote:
01. Aubrey

02. Kop > KainTepes
03. hapahauli
04. outoforder
05. Rels*
06. Hawk > Allomancer*

07. MooginSoosy
08. KidAmn
09. havingfitz
10. doomfeathers

11. Fredrick E Campbell
12. Creature
? Hawk is a townread of yours ? KidDamn is someone you can lynch but he's in Fitz' townreads ?
TL Mafia is best mafia

Return to “Completed Open Games”