Mini 533: Something wicked this way comes! Game over!

OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:19 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Unvote, Vote Geraintm

I think Michel just gave you a good drubbing that pretty much indicates both your guilt and zeek's innocence. I've been all but sure this whole time that zeek was telling the truth based on arguments already made by myself and several others, but this is a new selling point. The way you've been harping on the one popular target all game is a great find.

I also find lowell highly suspicious, and have since that list post early day two which he's pretty much ignored since then. I'd be perfectly willing to switch my vote to him should the town prefer his lynch today.

Soupfly, I'm still not sold on you. You've been pretty iffy the whole time, and that same game summary list by lowell was pretty strongly supportive of play by you that I personally thought was really bad. That's a connection between the two of you I'm not gonna forget if one or the other comes up in the red post mortem. Also, you've been almost totally focused today on zeek as well, but you've at least gone to the trouble of making an argument, so you get points for that. We've gotten to the point where there are much better lynches for today.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:29 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

What do you think about lowell, OGML?
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:23 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

OhGodMyLife wrote:Soupfly, I'm still not sold on you. You've been pretty iffy the whole time, and that same game summary list by lowell was pretty strongly supportive of play by you that I personally thought was really bad. That's a connection between the two of you I'm not gonna forget if one or the other comes up in the red post mortem. Also, you've been almost totally focused today on zeek as well, but you've at least gone to the trouble of making an argument, so you get points for that. We've gotten to the point where there are much better lynches for today.
soupfly had gone after me the whole day until it looked like I probably wasn't going to get lynched, then he (without giving a reason why) suddenly just switches to Petunho and then has gone mysteriously MIA.

I understand it was the holidays, but how are you going to say "vote Petunho, I'll explain later" and then make us wait like 3 weeks to hear your explanation?
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:25 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

OhGodMyLife wrote:I also find lowell highly suspicious, and have since that list post early day two which he's pretty much ignored since then. I'd be perfectly willing to switch my vote to him should the town prefer his lynch today.
Does that answer your question, TSpN?

Qman said he was going to prod people, so hopefully soufly will soon show up to give that explanation, Zeek.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:16 pm

Um, yes. Yes it does. Oops.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:02 pm

Post by Qman »

Lowell, Petunho, SensFan, soupfly all have been prodded.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:20 am

Post by Lowell »

I'm prodded. It felt weird. A little violating. I'll post Monday, I promise.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:55 pm

Post by geraintm »

OhGodMyLife wrote: The way you've been harping on the one popular target all game is a great find.
ZeekLTK wrote: Well based on my role I am pretty sure there are no vanilla townies in this game, so either way (if he's jester or not), he is lying to us.

might have been harping on Zeek a lot, but only since this post of his.
i have found this game difficult, i haven't picked up much on many players, and so the one thing i havefound wrong i have not dropped. I also found his introduction of the whole jester thing strange. i didn't think jester's would be in this game, and he used the kester thing to confuse the first day too much.
sorry if you don't like that i have concentrated on just the one person i have found suspicous
Petunho
Petunho
Goon
Petunho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:46 am

Post by Petunho »

Back from vacation.

Still not explanation from Soupfly for his vote on me. Hoping to get one when he gets back.

Once again Michel has made some very good points us to look more closely. Point made of geraintm's play are interesting and good to keep in mind. Just focusing on one popular target is a bit suspicious, but in my eyes he's not the most suspicious atm. I have to agree with geraintm that this game has been difficult but focusing on one player doesn't much help us to make scumhunting easier.

Lowell's lack of participation and some post makes me uneasy and the errors in his posts are suspicious. We have to look more closely on him when he posts some content again. I have some trouble of making my mind of SensFan and hope to hear also more from him.

Michel have given me protown vibes through the game and I like that he's concentrating on many people not only one top suspect. OGML, TSpN, Zeek and QuickBen are on the gray area.
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:07 am

Post by soupfly »

unvote: petunho

it was actually a pretty random vote. i knew i was leaving on vacation and wanted to stir something up aside from the Zeek/Soupfly debate. i felt that there was no point in debating just that incident when it could be that neither of us are scum. i reread petunho's posts just in case there was something there but i can't really see anything suspicious in his play.

as far as Zeek, i'm not really sure anymore. i mean why would any scum want to put themselves in a potentially scummy situation to lynch someone like DS who was gonna get lynched anyway. most likely the scum just sat back and let the townies mess that whole thing up. i don't like Zeek's play there but i also understand how people saw my action as suspect. final thing to note about Zeek, i can agree to look past the pre-justified speed lynch thing on DS but what kind of bothers me is the Miller claim. the timing of the announcement seems pretty suspect. we'll see.
ZeekLTK wrote:soupfly had gone after me the whole day until it looked like I probably wasn't going to get lynched, then he (without giving a reason why) suddenly just switches to Petunho and then has gone mysteriously MIA.
get over yourself Zeek. you were just as likely to get lynched at that point as i was. whether you're town or scum you've played this game very poorly. it could be that i've not played my best game but at least i can admit that. what i wanted to do was try to get discussion going outside of our little back and forth. tunnel vision on Day 2 when two townies (including cop) are dead only helps scum blend into the background.

unfortunately this happened to me while snowboarding so i haven't been as active: http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/8854/surgey2rm9.jpg
i hope this resolves the mystery of soupfly's absence.

will do my best to catch up on what's been written.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:33 am

Lowell wrote:I'm prodded. It felt weird. A little violating. I'll post Monday, I promise.
It's wednesday now, and still no post...

I hope you'll recover, soupfly.
I don't really understand how you expected people to react to your petunho vote, seeing that there was no explanation, or even reasoning, behind it. What else were people going to say but "sorry, don't see it"? In the best case, you were asking for other players to think of an argument for you. Random voting may work to stir up discussion during the random voting stage, but it would seem to me that there would be something better to try to focus the discussion on then a random vote during day 2.
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:51 am

Post by soupfly »

MichelSableheart wrote:I don't really understand how you expected people to react to your petunho vote, seeing that there was no explanation, or even reasoning, behind it. What else were people going to say but "sorry, don't see it"? In the best case, you were asking for other players to think of an argument for you. Random voting may work to stir up discussion during the random voting stage, but it would seem to me that there would be something better to try to focus the discussion on then a random vote during day 2.
obviously it didn't work but then again i should have picked my target a little bit better. i was in a rush and wanted to put something out there to get the discussion going in a different direction for reasons stated before.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:03 am

Post by Lowell »

Here we go. From where I left off at the top of D2:

143- TSPN votes zeek
144- MSable votes Lowell for ignoring zeek & misrepresentation of TSPN
145- geraintm credits scum w/ good kill. empty post (?)
151- sensfan doesn't buy zeek as miller
155- OGML votes soupfly for blaming zeek for D1 kill
158- TSPN agrees w/ sensfan
160- quickben votes zeek
169- soupfly expands case against zeek
170- zeek does the same for soupfly
175- petunho votes soupfly
179- MSable unvotes, votes soupfly
181- Soupfly responds to accusations of piling on zeek for D1 lynch
186- MSable unvotes, votes Lowell
197- petunho supports zeek's actions, feared D1 self-hammering jester
198- soupfly unvotes, votes petunho
202- Msable supports zeek again, cites unlikeliness of unprovoked miller claim
204- ditto (good point)
207- TSPN unvotes, votes Lowell for lurking
225- OGML votes geraintm based on MSable's arguments
234- soupfly unvotes petunho

A few things:
1) I'm sold on MSable's reasons for zeek's claim being true. I don't really see what benefit scum would have for breadcrumbimg miller, a suspicious sounding role.
2)
FOS Sable
. I don't like (A) Sable's insistence that we all believe zeek, and his growing bond with zeek in the process. It looks like scum trying to cozy up to and protect a townie. Those who don't believe the zeek claim, or only maybe believe the zeek claim, are fully justified in their equivocations. Either Sable is just has a much broader understanding of the game, OR, he entered the debate from the position of someone inclined to believe zeek. (B) Sable's increasing vocal attitude on D2. Much more than D1, he's driving conversation. On N1, we lost a cop, and the mafia have more control on the game. (C) His voting habits. He voted soupfly, then quickly unvoted. It could be, as he said, that he was satisfied with soupfly's answer. But it could also be that for all his bluster, he just didn't want to get into a long discussion about it. Since then, he's been voting me. And while I won't begrudge a person for voting me, he seems to spend more time on meta-issues, or "do we believe zeek" issues, than really expanding the case and making a strong argument.
3)
FOS geraintm
. 145 is just a weird post, and many of his posts have the same thread of just skimming the surface of what is happening. He's around, he makes clear, but I'm not sure he's actually added anything.
4)
FOS OGML
. Twice he has readily followed MSable's advice. Both in regards to the zeek/soupfly debate, and in regard to the case on geraintm. I can't see BOTH OGML and Sable being scum (there'd be more distancing), but I think that if Sable is town, OGML is trying to piggy-back on the most vocal town player and stay on the good side of things. If Sable is scum, I think OGML is just being lazy and caught up in a vocal scum speaking for the town.

unvote

As ever, I'll try to stay more involved.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:46 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Lowell wrote:4)
FOS OGML
. Twice he has readily followed MSable's advice. Both in regards to the zeek/soupfly debate, and in regard to the case on geraintm. I can't see BOTH OGML and Sable being scum (there'd be more distancing), but I think that if Sable is town, OGML is trying to piggy-back on the most vocal town player and stay on the good side of things. If Sable is scum, I think OGML is just being lazy and caught up in a vocal scum speaking for the town.
Or if we're both town, you've just set yourself up to try and mislynch one of us after the other's untimely death. Its true that my vote was based largely on MS's argument, but you conveniently ignored yet again the problems I raised with your first list, and the suspicions myself and others have had of you. There seems to be a lot of important discussion that you've omitted from your summary. So there you have it, my very own reasons to vote for someone.

Unvote, Vote: Lowell

Soupfly, hope your recovery goes more smoothly than the ride on your snowboard must have.
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:49 am

Post by soupfly »

OhGodMyLife wrote:Soupfly, hope your recovery goes more smoothly than the ride on your snowboard must have.
funny you should say that cause it was on a brand new 600 Euro extra wide hand crafted limited edition board. very sweet ride...while it lasted. unfortunately it happened on my second run with it. my snowboarding vacation lasted all of 20 minutes. new years eve in the hospital is depressing as hell.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:49 am

A much better post then your last one with content, Lowell. Still, I have some questions.

First of all, why does your summary include all votes and unvotes, except for SensFan voting Zeek in post #171?

Secondly, where does OGML follow me in regards to the Zeek/soupfly debate? Our opinions agreed, that's true, but OGML already voted soupfly in post #155. At that point in time, I had been arguing mainly that Zeek was playing poorly. As far as I can see, he was not following my advice there.

Now, let's take a look at your reasons to FOS me.
Lowell wrote:(A) Sable's insistence that we all believe zeek, and his growing bond with zeek in the process. It looks like scum trying to cozy up to and protect a townie. Those who don't believe the zeek claim, or only maybe believe the zeek claim, are fully justified in their equivocations. Either Sable is just has a much broader understanding of the game, OR, he entered the debate from the position of someone inclined to believe zeek.
Zeek had indeed been playing badly. So had DS on day 1. On day 1, DS was mislynched because of it. On day 2, the bandwagon against Zeek was quickly moving forward rapidly, in much the same way as the bandwagon against DS, with QuickBen and SensFan jumping based on not very solid reasoning.

Early in day 2, I took the time to look closely at Zeek's miller claim. He mentioned another game were he had been miller. A game where there had been no vanilla's, but where the SK claimed vanilla and was caught by him. Looking at that game (Cartman mafia, mini theme 472) revealed that everything was exactly as he told it had been, making his explanations for his behaviour a lot more believable. It also explained his claim that he did not believe there were vanilla's completely, a claim that had completely baffled me because I could not think of any role that would make someone believe that. I also found it extremely unlikely that scum would make the no vanilla townies claim. If Zeek was scum, it would be simply too much risk for too little payoff. I was convinced Zeek was telling the truth.

Therefore, I also believed that the bandwagon on him was a bandwagon leading to a mislynch. However, the bandwagon was moving forward rapidly, in much the same way the wagon against DS had done. If I didn't act, it was quite likely that we would have another mislynch. It's not scum buddying up, it's town doing what he can to prevent a mislynch.

Of course, I could be scum trying to gain a town player's trust. (Zeek, if you decide to trust me, please don't let the sole reason be that I argued in your favour.) However, wouldn't it be a much more logical play for me as scum to keep a bit more low profile and see if the bandwagon against Zeek does indeed reach that mislynch it seems to be heading to?
Lowell wrote:(B) Sable's increasing vocal attitude on D2. Much more than D1, he's driving conversation. On N1, we lost a cop, and the mafia have more control on the game.
Am I? Day 1 began with an argument between DS and me. Also, I was the one who originally brought up the possibility of DS being a jester. Not that that was such a great addition to the discussion, but I believe a was already relatively vocal during day 1.

I guess you are seeing 2 things.
On day 1, the discussion focussed mainly on DS, where I agreed with most players, giving me a lot less to argue about. On day 2, in the discussion about Zeek and soupfly, there were more people I disagreed with, giving me more posts to reply to.
The other effect you are seeing is that of the holidays. Most people post mainly from work or school, causing their participation to drop during holidays. For me, it's the other way around. I post mainly from home, and during holidays, I spent most of my time behind the computer. I'm checking MS more often, have more time to read through the thread, and have more time to post.
Lowell wrote:(C) His voting habits. He voted soupfly, then quickly unvoted. It could be, as he said, that he was satisfied with soupfly's answer. But it could also be that for all his bluster, he just didn't want to get into a long discussion about it. Since then, he's been voting me. And while I won't begrudge a person for voting me, he seems to spend more time on meta-issues, or "do we believe zeek" issues, than really expanding the case and making a strong argument.
I've already explained my voting and unvoting for soupfly. Note that, if I didn't want to get in a long discussion about it, I should not have made a long post on the topic such as post #186. Those usually tend to cause a bit of discussion.

As for not expanding the case against you: I've explained my reasons for voting you all the way back in post #144. Since then, you did not respond to those reasons whatsoever, nor did any of your posts give new material to respond to. There wasn't simply anything new to say about you.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:49 am

Post by Lowell »

OhGodMyLife wrote:
Lowell wrote:4)
FOS OGML
Or if we're both town, you've just set yourself up to try and mislynch one of us after the other's untimely death. Its true that my vote was based largely on MS's argument, but you conveniently ignored yet again the problems I raised with your first list, and the suspicions myself and others have had of you. There seems to be a lot of important discussion that you've omitted from your summary. So there you have it, my very own reasons to vote for someone.

Unvote, Vote: Lowell

Soupfly, hope your recovery goes more smoothly than the ride on your snowboard must have.
Or, if you're both town, I'm just wrong. Not this time, though, I don't think.
vote OGML

I'm not surprised you ignored the idea of you being scum, but I am a little surprised you ignored the idea of Sable being scum. Just, generally, not a big fan of your reaction here.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:57 am

I sort of both agree with lowell's point and OGML's counter. I also got bad following-the-crowd vibes from OGML after his post, but it seems lowell is also setting up a false dichotomy between michael and OGML, which I don't particularly agree with. Also, he didn't really respond to any of the attacks on him, just added more attacks of his own. So I remain unconvinced.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:51 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Lowell wrote:Or, if you're both town, I'm just wrong. Not this time, though, I don't think.
vote OGML

I'm not surprised you ignored the idea of you being scum, but I am a little surprised you ignored the idea of Sable being scum. Just, generally, not a big fan of your reaction here.
That just stinks of pure OMGUS. And, generally, I'm still not a big fan of you ignoring all of the problems raised by multiple people throughout this day with your post #142. Just because you disappeared for more than two weeks doesn't mean we forgot how scummy you were acting before. Could you take the time to read up on what happened during the four pages of discussion for which all you could do was drop by and confirm you'd been prodded?
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:I sort of both agree with lowell's point and OGML's counter. I also got bad following-the-crowd vibes from OGML after his post, but it seems lowell is also setting up a false dichotomy between michael and OGML, which I don't particularly agree with. Also, he didn't really respond to any of the attacks on him, just added more attacks of his own. So I remain unconvinced.
Lowell's attack on me was based on the fact that twice this game, I have agreed with a conclusion reached by MS after he has posted thorough analysis. This is the attack to which I responded. Lowell also conveniently ignored everything else I've done this game, which is in character for him since he's also been pretty good at ignoring repeated requests for him to explain his own previous actions.
QuickBen
QuickBen
Goon
QuickBen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:19 am

Post by QuickBen »

Just following the OGML/Lowell debate...

Will try to re-read tonight and see if I can get off the fence.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:27 am

Post by geraintm »

Lowell wrote: 3)
FOS geraintm
. 145 is just a weird post, and many of his posts have the same thread of just skimming the surface of what is happening. He's around, he makes clear, but I'm not sure he's actually added anything.
sorry my post 145 was so weird. why didn't people at the time ask me to explain what i meant more?
it was just a fairly quick post after teh game had restarted. i said where my suspicsions were (Zeek)
i said i felt day one moved too fast but also said i didn't really blame anyone for that as the lynchee was so easy to lynch. bascially this bit says i don't think we can look too clsoely at who did the lynching at the end and make assuptions about their mafianess because i think townies had good reason to vote for him

and the last part was my commenting on yvonne's behaviour, i thought the mafia picking her was a good shot. i was hoping someone else would have had some ideas how they picked her out

OhMyGod - partly what makes me not like your play today is that you jumped onto michaels post about me but didn't actualyl look yourself. if yo u had looked at michaels drubbing of me and my harping on zeek, yo umight have noticed that i haven't ever voted for zeek (excepting the initial random vote), even though there have been plenty of oppotunities to do so. for someone who suposedlt has it in for zeek, i feel i havent actually pushed him that close to a lynch at all. and if you hadn;t so lazily just followed Michaels posting and used it as an excuse to vote for me, you might have noticed that
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:59 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

geraintm brought up the votes from last time saying we can't determine mafianess from it, but I think we can.

besides soupfly's vote being extremely scummy, let's look at who didn't vote for DS.

Disciple Slayer
- 7 (MichelSableHeart, Lowell, Sensfan, OhGodMyLife, geraintm, soupfly, ZeekLTK)
MichelSableheart - 1 (Quickben)
TheSweatpantsNinja - 1 (
Yvonneseer
)
soupfly - 1 (
Disciple Slayer
)
sensfan - 1 (TheSweatpantsNinja)

Not Voting - 1 (Petunho)

townies in bold

Generally, the mafia will not all vote for the same person on Day 1. In fact, I've never seen a game where the mafia votes for the same person on Day 1. So I think it's safe to assume at least one of the mafia did not vote for DS.

5 people didn't vote for DS, but only 3 of them are left. QuickBen, TSPN, and Petunho.

IMO QuickBen is the mafia who tried to avoid suspicion by not only staying away from the bandwagon, but staying away from the game all together.

He made this post on December 2:
QuickBen wrote:Where I come from that's called Craplogic and its a scumtell.

Since we seem to have moved on from randomvoting, I'll

unvote

Until someone pings my scumdar more strongly, I'll

vote MichelSableheart

Or it could be that I've been waiting for this game to start and check all the games I'm in throughout the day. (And yes, I am putting a second vote on you.)
Prior to this he had confirmed on the same day that this thread was created and he made the first vote in the game, so that is consistent with his statement about he checks games throughout the day.

Then all of a sudden he vanishes... not from the site, but JUST from our game.

He doesn't really do anything else in this game until December 17 when Day 2 has already begun... he comes in here and votes for me because of the miller claim.

Inbetween his posts (vote for Sabel on Dec 2 and vote for me on Dec 17) he made
posts on mafiascum in various other games. Why couldn't he be bothered to even come into this thread to comment on the whole DS situation? Clearly he was on the site participating in other games?

My theory is that he didn't want to draw any suspicion to himself, so he simply stayed away.

I'm pretty sure soupfly is mafia... but I'm 100% confident that QuickBen is mafia. So...

unvote; vote: QuickBen
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:04 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

EBWOP: Clearly he was on the site participating in other games
?

There shouldn't be a "?" on this sentence, it's a statement.

Should read:

Clearly he was on the site participating in other games.
Tigers ate my signature.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:41 am

OGML wrote:Lowell's attack on me was based on the fact that twice this game, I have agreed with a conclusion reached by MS after he has posted thorough analysis. This is the attack to which I responded. Lowell also conveniently ignored everything else I've done this game, which is in character for him since he's also been pretty good at ignoring repeated requests for him to explain his own previous actions.
I agree, which is why I'm still voting for him.
zeek wrote:So I think it's safe to assume at least one of the mafia did not vote for DS.
To be fair, you were also almost certain that there were no vanilla townies in the game. I'm not a huge fan of quickben's play, either, but assuming that there had to have been a mafia who was not on the lynch seems like a pretty big assumption to make without anything to back it up with.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:53 am

Lowell, any comments on my defense? Anything to say to the arguments I brought up against you in post #144?
geraintm wrote:bascially this bit says i don't think we can look too clsoely at who did the lynching at the end and make assuptions about their mafianess because i think townies had good reason to vote for him
Huh? How do you translate "day 1 moved way too fast for my liking. it felt like we rushed it. didnt help DS made it so easy for people to pil eon" into "don't look too closely at who did the lynching"?
geraintm wrote:and the last part was my commenting on yvonne's behaviour, i thought the mafia picking her was a good shot. i was hoping someone else would have had some ideas how they picked her out
Why were you hoping so? What did you hope to learn?
geraintm wrote:if yo u had looked at michaels drubbing of me and my harping on zeek, yo umight have noticed that i haven't ever voted for zeek (excepting the initial random vote), even though there have been plenty of oppotunities to do so. for someone who suposedlt has it in for zeek, i feel i havent actually pushed him that close to a lynch at all.
For clarity, I did not accuse you of pushing for his lynch. I accused you of not looking at anyone else, and slowly working your way towards a vote of him, in the hope it would be the final nudge it needed for a lynch while it would not reflect too badly on you ("guess I was wrong :( ") .

If there is at least one mafioso who wasn't voting for the DS lynch, QuickBen does seem to be the most likely person for that role. However, I'm not convinced that at least one mafioso didn't vote for DS. With the way he was acting, townies had very good reasons to vote him. Because of this, he was an excellent bandwagon for scum to push, making it quite possible that all of them voted for DS.
Zeek wrote:I'm pretty sure soupfly is mafia... but I'm 100% confident that QuickBen is mafia. So...
100% confident?! I can see your reasoning, but you have awfully little evidence for someone who is absolutely confident.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”