Nero Cain [1] Drunken Piper
TheWayItEnds [1] BBmolla
Heartless [1] PeregrineV

Not Voting - [3] TheWayItEnds, Mastina, Nero Cain

With 10 Alive, It Takes 6 To Lynch.

Rogue Leader Vote:

Drunken Piper (1) Nero Cain

Mod Notes - May the flavor be with you.

Day 4 ends in (expired on 2017-02-28 00:26:20)!
Last edited by Firebringer on Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3451 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:43 am

Post by Heartless »

but u won't do that.

nor will u claim.

bc ur the messenger.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3452 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:45 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3405, Heartless wrote: Now let's get to the Aero post:
In post 3359, PeregrineV wrote:This post, if Aero is scum, is calling out his scumbuddy in a manner that does not allow him to bus easily, because it's not very aggressive, and does not make Pine look more town, because it's not requesting exposition.
What? That's preposterous. What about this post would prevent Aero from jumping on Pine late-wagon if he needed to? It wouldn't. In fact, it would make the bus look more convincing ("Look, I wasn't just cutting my losses, I was building on previous suspicion.")
For context, Antihero voted Pine on the previous page and at that point Pine was a 3-man wagon. It would make perfect sense for Aero!scum to call Pine scum for distancing purposes but not give the wagon any momentum by actually voting.
In post 3359, PeregrineV wrote:Scum interaction if Aero were scum would be to attack the read, or agree/sheep the read, not call them out for a completely different part of the post.
"Call them out" is a
very
generous assessment of what Aero did in . It's a gentle poke at best. It's also hard to argue the impact of the "call out" when mastina already got on Pine's case for the "boring" line in .
In post 3359, PeregrineV wrote:In addition, scum doesn't bother with the second half of the post. This is all like 600 posts later, so Aero is reading through looking for things that ping him. If he is scum, he doesn't spend time on his buddy and then ever so weakly agree with him.
Why not? I don't get your point or why that would be so unlikely.
In post 3359, PeregrineV wrote:Same here. No reason to create an associative with a scumbuddy without townreading or bussing them. He is commenting on stuff that interests him.
The assertion that scum can't engage in idle musings about each other's posting is patently absurd. And you've never seen scum put each other in the "null read" section on their reads lists? "Either bussing or townreading" isn't a scum model that holds up to any amount of thought. Furthermore I don't think it would occur to anyone to think that exchange was particularly telling or "associative" as you're calling it. The third sentence may or may not be true, but is not alignment indicative.
In post 3359, PeregrineV wrote:Clarifying his previous stance. This one is less about Pine, but include Mastina, who I more strongly scumread when I first read through.
Clarifying his previous stance
to subtly discredit mastina's read
. Aero is going out of his way to point out mastina
can't
justify a
hard
scumread on Pine with just that kind of RVS logic.
Given that Pine was scum, that doesn't sound particularly town to me. That sounds like a soft defense.
Are you trying to argue that I'm wrong in my interpretation, or that the Aero interaction with Pine makes him scum? Because it apparently did not become your opinion that Aero/Pine scumteam until I stated my opinion that it did not.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3453 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:46 am

Post by Heartless »

i have yet to hear a denial
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3454 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:48 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3407, ɀefiend wrote:Which one of these is not like the others? The black text instead of white -- I could understand. But the coloring of "Blue One" blue seems like a mistake, trying to make the role seem more legit. However, "Blue Four" is not colored in actual PMs. You said that it was your role PM, verbatim. If you actually looked at your role PM (or just looked at the dead PMs...) you wouldn't format it like that unless you were faking it.

VOTE: Peregrine
You forget that the Anonymous Message also did not Welcome! me, like in all your quotes.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3455 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:52 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3409, Heartless wrote:It's quoted right on the page of this post. There was also a lengthy discussion between Anti, zefiend, Infinity, and Titus (among others) where zefiend's reads post and progression on his mastina read were central issues.
You couldn't have really missed all of that if you even took a cursory look at posts in the 90s page range and you're putting a lot more effort into mouthing off than actually attempting to understand the zefiend read.
No it's not. Just link the post like a normal forum mafia player. Half of us care and will doublecheck.

I saw where you tried to say his catchup sucked. I disagree, even if I didn't agree with his reads, he explained how he reached them.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3456 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:02 am

Post by Heartless »

oh boy this claim dodging

let me go get that dgb quote real quick
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3457 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:03 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3409, Heartless wrote:First, there's the simple fact that the two posts were made under fundamentally different conditions. Post was made on Day 1, before any flips, and Post was made on Day 3, after Pine had already flipped scum. That changes the lens I view the posts through. Sure Aero's anti-Pine point in Post was a fair one, but was there any semblance of a concerted Pine push or a vote on Pine when it mattered? No.
When did it matter? You and Aero pushed Pine exactly equally. Except maybe Aero pushed him more than you. You voted him with Drunk's guilty.

In day1, you didn't like his posts, voted him once, then decided he was town:
In post 1265, Heartless wrote: The only one I would keep in the null tier is TWIE. I think Titus is mildly town for her most recent push on Infinity. While I don't agree with the points that Infinity's been especially "agreeable" or "buddying," the push itself feels genuine from posts like and . Keeping in mind that catchups are often look "town" given the poster's advantage of doing everything after-the-fact, Aeronaut's catch ups still look town to me. He's reacting to mostly important things and the commentary does suggest a genuine reads development.

I also don't think Pine-A-Tonics has a good chance of being scum. The Gin head has already had some good posts that Infinity's already picked up on and pointed out. I also happened to take a look at the Hunger Games thread where both heads were scum. Given that baseline of scum activity, I'm a bit doubtful both these heads would sit on their asses, especially when getting voted up. I think the apathy's a little more likely to be town than not here.

-TTH
In post 3409, Heartless wrote: Then there's the other set of eyes and brain on this game who is on record in this thread as having doubts about the Aero slot in Post and he's since acquired a strong scumread on the second occupant of the slot, zefiend. In our conversations about this game, he repeatedly insisted the zefiend slot was scum for the same reasons he's giving in this game thread. Since I respect him and value his opinion, I re-evaluated my initial Aeronaut read and realized it might not have been accurate. These kinds of things happen in a functional and healthy hydra.
Nah, I counted that, you voted him once day1.

Looking at Zefiend's catcup post:
In post 2084, ɀefiend wrote:OK, read the whole game. I have a lot of conflicting thoughts about many players, but at this point I am pretty confident that
@mastina
and
@Heartless
are town, so I would appreciate some help sorting through these thoughts and maybe pointing out things I missed.

I like
@Nero Cain
's points about Titus and I feel a lot of players are sleeping on her this game. However I do not like Nero's thoughts on mastina because his scumlean(?) read on her seems poorly or under-developed. I feel that mastina's defense against his concerns (re: the timeline of game events, and the motivations behind Pine and mastina's actions) was legitimate.

However, I also like
@Titus
' issues with Infinity. I do believe he has been opportunistic (hell, he even admitted as much D1) with respect to wagoning. His read on mastina also feels unnatural, propelled in part by a combination of paranoia and the general tendency of others (re: Nero & Heartless (at times)) to pressure her. On the other hand, I dislike the fact that Titus' scope and breadth of other players in the game is quite narrow. I would feel more comfortable with the slot if she attempted to engage others with more vigor.

I initially liked
@Infinity
's push to get the game rolling, so-to-speak, and that has always been a personal town-tell I use. I cannot definitively point to anything Infinity has pushed or pressured organically, but at the same time, he does ask beneficial questions and probe efficiently when things are "happening" in the thread. I feel uneasy about this slot, but not necessarily worried. Infinity, do you feel that Titus' game-long push on you is a non-issue?

I believe Heartless already asked this question, but
@DrunkenPiper
: if you tracked Pine to nacho N1, wouldn't you also have tracked him to BBmolla? If you didn't, isn't that confirmation that BBmolla is lying about being vanillaized? I don't know how Firebringer would resolve that but maybe you should ask him.

@SirCakez
: You asked me to specifically look at the Pine interactions. I noticed, while reading D1, that you continually regarded the Pine-wagon as a poor lynch. You and I both know that I have been burned by reading too heavily into something like that before (re: College Mafia, where you soft-defended scum on D1). The key difference this game, however, is that the scum in question has flipped earlier than 3-way LYLO, yet nobody else seems to be calling attention to these associations (besides Infinity's VCA). What exactly were you hoping I gleaned from analyzing the Pine interactions?

The LUV/Peregrine slot is actually pretty null for me and hopefully Peregrine will contribute more.

I am comfortable sheeping mastina on BBmolla -- his content is unsatisfactory, mastina pointed out a key logical fallacy (re: SirCakez--Aj the Epic D1 voting patterns) that seemed to get buried, and the gambit actually seems quite plausible.

I would also lynch Aj toDay for a collection of pinging behavior I recall from my reread. I would have to dig deeper and review to shore up that scumread, but for now I just wanted to get my initial thoughts out there.
It sure look's like he's reacting to mostly important things and the commentary does suggest a genuine reads development.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3458 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:04 am

Post by Heartless »

Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3459 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:05 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3421, BBmolla wrote:Are we sure this isn't a scum plot to get Pv lynched? Scum Rolecop + Scum Messenger?
Why would my PM being posted result in my lynch, that's r-

Yeah, I see what you mean now.

:lol: :lol:
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3460 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:08 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3434, Drunken Piper wrote:will hammer if needed
PV want to say anything else smart or seeded?
Would like to know if you tracked Pine to Molla. I can't find where you said "Yes, Yes". Because that does rhyme.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3461 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:09 am

Post by Heartless »

he didn't

claim
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3462 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:14 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3436, Nero Cain wrote:
unvote

don't want PV to self hammer. I'm forcing MOI to read the rest of the game.
That's OK. If I log in next time and I'm at L-1, I'll hammer. There's no point in posting and being ignored.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3463 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:16 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3442, Heartless wrote:if he's scum he's going to have to do stuff eventually regardless of what happens in the next couple hours.

a non-pv lynch just isn't happening at this point. there's really no sense in prolonging this
Yes, you idiots, no point in not lynching me!!
In post 3410, Firebringer wrote:Day 4 ends in
10 days, 6 hours, 11 minutes!
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3464 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:17 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3449, Heartless wrote:i'll take that action

if u self hammer
lol, no you won't!
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3465 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:17 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3451, Heartless wrote:but u won't do that.

nor will u claim.

bc ur the messenger.
Ok.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3466 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:19 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3453, Heartless wrote:i have yet to hear a denial
Already said I'm not claiming. I have no info to add to the game anyway, and anything I say just to not be lycnhed would be stupid, because nobody will bother listening anyway.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3467 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:20 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3456, Heartless wrote:oh boy this claim dodging

let me go get that dgb quote real quick
Go quote where you did all the things you claimed.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3468 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:20 am

Post by Heartless »

yeah... that's what i thought.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3469 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:20 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3458, Heartless wrote:Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.
Reading is tech.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3470 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:21 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3461, Heartless wrote:he didn't

claim
In post 3468, Heartless wrote:yeah... that's what i thought.
No, you were actually told 6(?) times that I wasn't claiming.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3471 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:22 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Yeah, that's what I thought....
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3472 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:25 am

Post by Heartless »

so molla, is pv not claiming part of the conspiracy too?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3473 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:28 am

Post by Heartless »

molla, nero, twie, dp. you know what needs to be done

pv you can have the last word today
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3474 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:33 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3473, Heartless wrote:molla, nero, twie, dp. you know what needs to be done

pv you can have the last word today
So your really not going to respond to anything?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”