Newbie 1768: Party Mafia - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:37 am

Post by nancy »

TO·IÑJQWEKGV=·)O·TJG·)="PGIOK?=·)PR·FI K)QTG·FK=Q)PETGFUI·JÑOQTIFLU·JQ"()TOPFU·GUIOÑ·QKE)·FUIQT)=FO!·IOUQTEGWJISUGKHLEOADSGFQJ=WEATIGFUQEJIOÑADGLJKQEIAUOGLFHJQ·IWULETKFJ)·)("!FUJ)(=·"(EWIÑLGKJMV·Q"IOETÑLFJ·)=!"QOTPUFIGJ)=EWAGJ)EW$(IOTUFJ)(·)(Q"WEGILÑVHJ)(·"OEIWTGUJVM=)^YGOIKQ·EGA)=ÔUÑ!TJM!·F^)TOGUJMV·")=QEGÛIJ)=·"^TQEWGIDKS)?GPOUQEWJADFÑIOEADKJGFIOEDJSGF)·PIQETUGOJK·)TUI·=FK!")EQIOGUIJ^·(")WEQOT)^(G·FI=")EIOVKJEWPGIOUÑQJ*
=9q·gejao^(·"QIUÑGJ=E·QÛOGJ=)*·PWEGUOIJ·=WGUIJ)(^WOPGU$J=·"$)^%R()·"=!)%R(!·"UTFJ(=ÑOIEQWUGVEDWISGUVJ!"^R%$)!(·"WTF¨)G)IV$"WGUIVJ·=!(TÑU)G·=J!)ETGUJ·)=!"Q%ORI^!"?=FI"$G(U^VOWR(YGH·()Q"EROII?!"^R)=IOF^!·)TGUJVO¨$E"RUIGVN¨RWMIODFVJIQWEOIR"!?·=RIFPOUGoiEUIGUjE=WG)PUIJ·=eu9gfEJGIUJ·)Q"*EPGUOJ09quÉG0Q·UEVJ¨("·=^TQFU^·"QTUFJ=`89UTGJ=·)QUTG=J)PUGJ=)(·"IOP(TI^!·T)I!·?T/)G^YB79rHJVbioÑYGU·tig
=?EOGUI)!=T·PUQOEGO¨Ñ)EWUITU¨)·PUOT?¿
U=GEJ=()UI·TJQEW)=TUO·J"=QE)TU^·!^)%Q(!?"%=R)!·(=)TPUGO$EWJRDSFI¨GJKWERDGFKQ·W^=TRIQ·ETUOIQ·F=)EPTÖAGUJ$^WE)ATO(GI?qe+a0GUIJ*=)GUJ)=·ATUOFj'9QP·UWTEFJ=)·"^TUQEWJDASOGÑUIOEWUDTG?EW)OTUI
¿QEA=TUGJP)Q·WEUTJG*)=·"PQUTEO¿
G=ÇEWUTJG)?*
·"QEUGç
¿=QEAGU

?EW=GUOJ·)
?EWUTAGOJ
Q¿E=AUGJ¿·QW=EÇAGPIV·QEW$=ÇGIA¿Ç··(YGDGtÇ·¿QWE*?
AGIPY¿QGIE^P
KTÇ·"?(ETI·!"?QETU*?JS"$)EWPUROGJ=ETYHJ·"!)%(Q)R!*?·%(=TQEIFK)PWDS¨GJOVLEWMR¨G)UEWJÄG·F^")QEP%(I^!·"%(/U!")RUQFEW)ÂDGJVEW()OISUDFJC¨Ñ"·P=)PQ%(RI=!"RIF·!"=)QT(I!·=)QTPUGF·QFJE()=VH·JQ"(ETOUIF·"=)Q%(^TI·"GJV)="$E*WTOPUFJ)=·("QÊTU!·)Q%(U!"%()RI!·=)QEVDWN¨SIF!"
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:47 am

Post by nancy »

In post 539, nancy wrote:In order of strongest to weakest read:
Scum: GL, Agent Sparkles, Revan
Not-town: bowdown, Titus, Jae
Town: tojam, EL
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:48 am

Post by nancy »

*GL quickhammers nancy*

npz
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:11 pm

Post by Agent Sparkles »

In post 977, nancy wrote:*GL quickhammers nancy*

npz
In fairness, the deadline was only a few hours away and he'd posted an intent to hanmer.
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:13 pm

Post by Agent Sparkles »

*hammer

@SirCakez, I'm fine with the scum PT being released.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:16 pm

Post by nancy »

Naw his hammer was 100% a scumclaim, I was just the only one who saw it :P

Kind of shocking how much of a scumlord he was this game while getting TRed for it xD
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:22 pm

Post by Agent Sparkles »

Lol @ nancy and Jae still having the highest post counts when the game ends

Nancy, I actually think he was scummier than EL for most of the game, I just didn't let on about it.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:23 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

EL was obvtown IMO I have no clue how he was being scumread this late.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:27 pm

Post by nancy »

^
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:27 pm

Post by Agent Sparkles »

That's part of the point. I doubt I would've considered her obvtown if I was town, but my "scumread" on her was mostly a legacy read + keeping up appearances. Also, it gave me a chance to come up with a scumteam that didn't include any of my supposed townreads.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:29 pm

Post by nancy »

Sobolev when you first entered I thought you fucking had AS nailed, you let me down :[
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:31 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 980, nancy wrote:Naw his hammer was 100% a scumclaim, I was just the only one who saw it :P

Kind of shocking how much of a scumlord he was this game while getting TRed for it xD
I feel like only bowdown and Lemon ever really townread me, and Lemon was wavering on D3. the key to successful scumplay is making sure there are always better wagons on not-you, the wagons matter more than people's reads IMO

I'm sorry for being scum guys, I prefer town by a mile. Hope it was fun for everyone!

Thanks SirCakez for modding :] and yeah I'm fine with releasing the PT. the only embarrassing thing in there is I suggested we should roleblock Revan N1, in hindsight that was dumb and pretty risky
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:33 pm

Post by nancy »

Anyway I think this game was a case of Town not really getting in the mentality of scum. People went after plain-in-sight scum and didn't really think about who would actually have scum motivation.

pedit interesting take.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:33 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also AS you played real well this game! made my job easy. thanks for being such a great partner in crime :cool:
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:33 pm

Post by nancy »

And yeah, immense fun for me in the Day I had.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:34 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

Wait really Nancy I didn't have a scumread on AS until later in day 2. I should've been more suspicious about AS lurking days 1 and 2 compared to day 3 though.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:35 pm

Post by nancy »

Yeah AS's lurking and posting timings were really spot-on imo throughout Day 2 and Day 3. The long lurk Day 1 after getting Townread and the lack of solid stances early in Day 2 I think was the only scumclaim-y stuff.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:36 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also yeah nancy you absolutely destroyed me in twilight, I was expecting to get lynched on D2
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:37 pm

Post by nancy »

Oh it seemed like you did Sobolev :P

There was a point where tojam voted AS for not having any real reads on people and for AS I could tell it was a super tight spot because whichever way he voted he'd be kind of betraying himself, he ended up finding an out by voting Revan I think and people weren't really watching him anyway.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by nancy »

Heh I dunno looking back my case on you wasn't very persuasive at all GL, not from the perspective of someone who isn't already scumreading you anyway (or obviously from yours since you knew you were scum).
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:39 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

Haha I think you're giving me too much credit Nancy. The only time I was really worried about AS scum was earlier today when I said I needed to reread. But especially with AS's last long post about Revan's partners I thought he was town.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 569, nancy wrote:Excessive justification of that hammer suggests to me that you were afraid that someone would wise up and the wagon on EL would resume. We already know you promised to hammer me before bed, you don't need to remind that you promised it just because Titus was defending me and it might make the hammer look suspicious. Tojam already said he'd hammer me and we all know by his posting history that he isn't particularly fond of me. Scum. You are scum.
In post 571, nancy wrote:Again posting another convenient "scumhunt" post. Agent Sparkles is already heavily suspected. Was. A red flip for me would not clear Titus, that is bs and you're trying to misdirect town into thinking that because me flipping red = Titus clear, me flipping green = Titus scum.
these two posts in particular, I think deserved second look from all the townies because they were spot on. My hammer was excessive and awkward, and the last sentence in the second post is exactly what I was trying to do. subtle tricks like that often work but you saw right through it.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 992, GuiltyLion wrote:also yeah nancy you absolutely destroyed me in twilight, I was expecting to get lynched on D2
If you left me alive there's about a 65% probability you would have been, depending on how well I managed to work with Titus. This was so frustrating to watch :P
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by nancy »

Yeah but I TRed AS because of it :P I didn't really know what distancing was at that point lol
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:43 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Also, I'm gonna take this time to mention you should never post in a game before the mod does the flip and makes the final call.

This is because sometimes something unexpected can happen with role interactions (not an issue in this game but still...) and also because players can sometimes believe a hammer happened when it didn't.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”