MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:21 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

So after seeing RC self-vote AtE for the second time this game I decided to look through his completed games on the first page of his Threads list to see if I could find any self-voting and if I did see what alignment it came from. The search did yield no instances but did bring up the following game to my attention.

Micro 679: Double Day Unlimited

What sparked my interest is in my the following post made by E&A (Scum in 679) Hydra (for reference Infinity was part of a Town hydra lynched earlier in the game.
In post 1453, Elsa and Anna wrote:No, you don't understand me.
I've been uninvested in this clusterfuck of a game because this entire game has been one big ball of shit. Day 1 everyone was refusing to read us and just scumreading us because of our player names.

Even if you are town trying to pull some stupid 1v1 bullshit you won't be the first and you won't be the last. If you're town I will vote someone tomorrow and stop posting and I will make FA do the same.
There you go, you got to decide the game. I still think it's way more likely that you're scum who doesn't see a way out and panicked when you finally got FoSed but if you're town you got the game control you wanted.
The bolded is the part that most interested me. This is a carbon copy of some of RC’s AtE this game. And Infinity has referenced this game in as a game where scum he was Town-reading made it to endgame.

How does Town Infinity here not see this quote and immediately pipe up saying “This is exactlty the same argument you used as scum in 1900”?

I’d really like to here Infinity’s explanation for that.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:26 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Yeah it is magna but the question is whether he would use it as town too

I was thinking yes at first but then I remembered that quote from post game where RC said he was fine with the current state of things, and I think that is the key part

RC's explanation was unconvincing
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:33 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Also the fact that he stopped AtE'ing after a while, he also did that in hydra blitz. It's not like someone can just stop being pissed off, and he didn't just give up...

Everything just makes more sense with RC scum
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:30 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 1366, eagerSnake wrote:My opinion is that the best votes right now would be on

{Flubbernugget, massive, not_mafia}

Because I don't even feel their presence in this Game

One of them is probably scum, so I wonder which one it is
Have you thought at all why this is probably the case
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:37 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

So since Lane has been confirmed Innocent Child I’m reversing my stance and saying finish the Mass claim. Anyone now object?

VOTE: Gin

I decide enough pushing on my personal scum reads (Infinity / SirCakez / Aella) that are getting zero traction. The following vote count …
In post 1943, TellTaleHeart wrote:Vote Count 1.5

RadiantCowbells [3] - Flubbernugget, Infinity 324, RadiantCowbells
Leonshade [2] - RagingSpammers, Ælla Was Spine
TheRealGin-N-Tonic [3] - eagerSnake, Not_Mafia, SirCakez
Infinity 324 [1] - MagnaofIllusion
eagerSnake [2] - TheRealGin-N-Tonic, massive
RagingSpammers [2] - lane0168, Leonshade

Not Voting: No one
Leads me to vote Gin based on that terrible vote on Eager that he made and never retracted. I mean I’m not really scum-reading Leon (aside from the Mod analysis which could be a misdirect by TTH) and not voting Eager as an uncounter-claimed Vig who might be able to prove himself. So that gives me RC / Raging / Gin as viable wagons.

RC I am sorely tempted to vote but Gin flipping Town means he’s Vigged or lynched tomorrow. And while the people on Raging’s wagon look overall better than the make-up of RC or Gin’s wagon I have yet to see anyone posit that the Ali head lurks as scum.

--
In post 1937, lane0168 wrote:Jesus how many times must we go over this?... And I still think it's so bad that friendly neighbor ever came up... Like, how does someone accidentally claim friendly neighbor when that's not close to what they are?... They don't, do they?
The question is – do you think Frozen Angel is a bad enough player to fake-claim Friendly Neighbor as scum? That said I need to look at her Modded games and see if she’s ever used the role as I think she claimed she had.

--
In post 1877, SirCakez wrote:You were in Science uPick, you should understand why I'm holding off on RC. This is a super special case.
So super special that you also applied the same reasoning to me at the start of the game? Nope.

Also have you not played any other games with RC or his alts beside Science?

--
In post 1858, Infinity 324 wrote:I do this as both alignments
In post 1858, Infinity 324 wrote:I do this all the time as both alignments
Oh how quaint … “No U!” responding. Nevermind that in both these cases you didn’t these noticeably in Princess Bride as Town but did do them noticeably in both Poker and Purge as scum. And that you aren’t providing actual support to show these aren’t just fluff.
In post 1858, Infinity 324 wrote:No, your meta analysis is shit because your sample size is too small. You're pointing out things in my scumgames that, if you saw more of my towngames, you'd know I do them all the time. Princess bride may be somewhat of an anomaly with respect to what you're looking at here, but the conclusions you're coming to about my meta are just wrong.
Typical scum response – just call things bullshit and foist empty claims “If you saw my Town game you would see I do this scummy, scummy things as Town also” with no proof to go with it. If those examples were as common as you are claiming I’d have expected you to refute with actual games as proof instead of just empty “I do it as Town” statements and faulty “small sample size” arguments.
In post 1865, Infinity 324 wrote:Super confident scum gin doesn't replace out under pressure because someone threatened to vig him.

He replaced out because he was frustrated with a townie's play.
In post 1906, Infinity 324 wrote:It could be "this guy so bad and he's going to catch me? fuck that" as scum but I find it more likely that it's "this idiot is going to shoot me? fuck that" or "this guy is so bad and I have to work with him? fuck that" from town
And another case of bullshit Town reading someone.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:39 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

I have no clue what MoI means when he says LAMIST. it feels like he calls things that for the sake of calling them that
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:40 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:48 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1956, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So since Lane has been confirmed Innocent Child I’m reversing my stance and saying finish the Mass claim. Anyone now object?
We don't want scum to know their n2 or n3 kills/roleblocks, so yes I do object. D2 maybe.
VOTE: Gin

RC I am sorely tempted to vote but Gin flipping Town means he’s Vigged or lynched tomorrow.
...yeah he's trying to save his buddy and get an extra mislynch in or hope RC squirms his way out of it as usual.
Oh how quaint … “No U!” responding. Nevermind that in both these cases you didn’t these noticeably in Princess Bride as Town but did do them noticeably in both Poker and Purge as scum. And that you aren’t providing actual support to show these aren’t just fluff.
Typical scum response – just call things bullshit and foist empty claims “If you saw my Town game you would see I do this scummy, scummy things as Town also” with no proof to go with it. If those examples were as common as you are claiming I’d have expected you to refute with actual games as proof instead of just empty “I do it as Town” statements and faulty “small sample size” arguments.

I provided 3 recent towngames in this thread, including oots which you modded. I don't remember specifics very clearly, but I'm sure any of them would prove my point.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:50 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

MoI advocating massclaim d1 is so out of character for him

And the flip from RC to gin just because of gin's eager vote is just grossss
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:03 am

Post by eagerSnake »

We mass claiming now?

lane0168 - Innocent Child
eagerSnake - Town One-Shot Strongman Vigilante (Spyro)
RadiantCowbells - Anon Messenger
Not_Mafia - Neighbor 1-Shot Role Cop
TheRealGin-N-Tonic - Neighbor 1-Shot Role Cop
RagingSpammers (Cloudkicker + Alisae) - Day 2 Double Voter

Leonshade - "My role PM confirms existence of Spyro"

MagnaofIllusion -
Flubbernugget -
SirCakez -
massive -
Infinity 324 -
Ælla Was Spine (Lycanfire + Vifam) -
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:10 am

Post by massive »

In post 1956, MagnaofIllusion wrote: The question is – do you think Frozen Angel is a bad enough player to fake-claim Friendly Neighbor as scum? That said I need to look at her Modded games and see if she’s ever used the role as I think she claimed she had.
Playing devil's advocate here -- what's the difference between a bad friendly-neighbor claim and a friendly neighbor claim when you're actually a messenger who can control the contents of that message? If they claimed friendly neighbor and can craft a message that said "Elsa and Anna are town, love, TTH", is that a bad play or a genius play?

Undertale Mafia is fresh in my mind.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:14 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

@MoI: How closely were you following oots?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:51 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

MoI, your request for me to give counterexamples is not unreasonable but I still maintain that judging someone's playstyle based only on 1 town game and 2 scum games is.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:38 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

How about no mass claim thank you goodbye
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:43 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 1583, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 662, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Generally you interact with what's going on. Ya know, real time interactions.
I want this booked in my ISO to see if Gin makes a similar push on me down the line
Following up to this

As town i would have at least expected you to push all lurkers on this equally and not just prohawk
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:45 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 1616, Infinity 324 wrote:Ok

You guys may be right that my reasons for townreading RC are bad. I just expected him to say the things we wanted to hear and...just actually do something to defuse the pressure instead of the AtE which didn't seem to be working. It's possible my expectations of his play are off though.

I don't like that he stopped commenting on people's reads on him, but maybe that's cause he just wants to focus on gin...
Boooooooooooooo
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:47 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 1631, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Infinity I want your fucking readlist. All you do is ask people for reads and then ask questions about it. What are YOU thinking for once?
Weak shade and not really true
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:48 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 1642, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:If we mass claim, both N_M and I can check players out for validity. I can see the plan having merit, do I think it's a good idea, don't know yet.
I'd rather compromise by only getting one person you really want to check to claim
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:52 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 1673, eagerSnake wrote:I think not wanting to mass claim and the openly opposing it is blatantly anti-town in this situation

VOTE: MoI
Hahahahahahahahahaha no
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:53 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Hahah I hate when people comment on every post they read rather than using notepad or similar to make one long post during a catchup
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:54 am

Post by eagerSnake »

You'll see in a second that was just a trap to see if any dumb scum wanted to hop on
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:57 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 1969, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 1642, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:If we mass claim, both N_M and I can check players out for validity. I can see the plan having merit, do I think it's a good idea, don't know yet.
I'd rather compromise by only getting one person you really want to check to claim
For some reason I thought you guys had an investigative shot at some point which is wrong so pretend this post never happened

Pedit: I've handled this whole shitshow on a phone so you can handle the way I catch up. stop shitting up the thread and I won't have to catch up so much
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:59 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Gin and n_m have 1-shot rolecops