Mini 527 - Doom in Valencia - Game Over!

Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:54 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Guardian wrote:
Gorgon wrote:I don't really understand why Guardian is so sure SirWario is scum.
Hmm?
best I can tell =/= sure.
Bah, semantics. What I meant is that you're pretty focused on SW and seem pretty confident in his scumminess. Some thoughts on other players would be mucho appreciated, btw.
neko wrote:I love how people think I'm scummy because I'm being too nice. "Be careful of that one, he's trying to be rational and not emotional! What a scumtell!" My bad I guess... maybe I should be a jackass and vote recklessly. Would that be better? I'd like to see anyone make an argument for this.
It's a little more complicated than that. There's nothing wrong with being nice and not a jackass, but town on the whole tend to be more forceful and a little less concerned with looking 'proper' than scum, in my experience. As with anything else, it's no solid proof, which is why I personally put you down as 50/50.
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:07 am

Post by neko2086 »

Sorry for not being around lately. My grandpa just passed away a few days ago. I should be back home around the 3rd of Jan. I'll try to do some catching up soon.
In Tartiflette We Trust
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:45 am

Post by gorckat »

Sorry for your loss, neko. Best wishes.

vote: Gorgon

If sikario worries you, why didn't you vote him? And please direct me to those helpful SirWario posts.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:39 pm

Post by Guardian »

Hi all, I'm back for a few days until I have vacation again ~(Jan 1 - Jan 7).
Gorgon wrote:
Guardian wrote:
Gorgon wrote:I don't really understand why Guardian is so sure SirWario is scum.
Hmm?
best I can tell =/= sure.
Bah, semantics. What I meant is that you're pretty focused on SW and seem pretty confident in his scumminess.
Semantics are important in mafia. I am focused on him, but pretty confident of his scumminess? Not really.
Some thoughts on other players would be mucho appreciated, btw.
It seems you are just parroting others here, which is annoying. I've responded to this a few times.

fos: Sikario8
. He hasn't responded to my question of him, which I've repeated numerous times, and it has been a week.

He, and MeMe, need prods, probably others as well. I'm going to PM the mod and request them.

I feel that there hasn't been much quality discussion since I replaced in, just some minor pokes back and forth. I definitely feel that almost no one else has deeply looked at Sir Wario, with most taking superficial anti/pro stands on my points, and with many defending him by blunting attention to me.

Lastly, I want to note that I think gorckat may be on to something, I think there is possibly a Gorgon-Sikario8 connection.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:45 am

Post by gorckat »

Anyone?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:22 am

Post by MeMe »

Guardian wrote:He, and MeMe, need prods
You're right.

Family finally leaves my house tomorrow morning, so I make a solemn promise: I will do a complete read and get back to my usual active self tomorrow.

Sorry for briefly morphing into that which I loathe.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:34 am

Post by gorckat »

MeMe wrote:Sorry for briefly morphing into that which I loathe.
I'm sure you've earned a pass :D
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:50 am

Post by Jenter Brolincani »

Back after Christmas properly now, I'll get round to getting prods out tdaoy or tomorrow...
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:58 pm

Post by MeMe »

It's surprising how LONG a reread of an inactive game can take! I'm still not quite done (I read through -- took notes -- still going to go through each player's posts alone real quick to make sure my thoughts hold), but because it's getting late I wanted to post quickly to let you all know I'm keeping my promise and should have substance up within the hour.

And because I doublechecked it for my own edification -- I'll share the current correct vote count:

Guardian
(2) -
MeMe, Pra a Funkee Home Sapien

neko2086
(2) -
soupfly, Tarhalindur

soupfly
(2) -
Archaist, SirWario

Gorgon
(1) -
gorckat

Sikario8
(1) -
neko2086

SirWario
(1) -
Guardian

not voting
(3) -
Arakorn, Gorgon, Sikario8
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:13 pm

Post by MeMe »

Mod
: could we get some clarification on how your deadlines work? Is a full vote count necessary for a lynch, just whoever has the most at deadline, or what? And at what time of day (please include time zone) will it hit?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK.

unvote: Guardian
vote: Pra a Funkee Homo Sapien

I almost hate to do that because he currently has no votes and we're on deadline. I do see merit in a neko2086 vote and will probably switch to him if no one agrees with me here, but right now I've got to put my top suspect out there for discussion and see what happens.

Here are the highlights:

First, while Sammich had the role

--Posts 24, 32, 41, 46, and 50 so lightweight that I barely noticed them when they were happening, but when read anew they feel like he was making an
effort
to come off as active but harmless in the early game.
--Post 68, he votes neko with decent reasoning
--Post 104, he commiserates with the metaplay woes and then turns around and accuses soupfly for sharing them.
--Post 155, so well done -- but where was this dude up to now? Basically acts as a spotlight on the smarts he's been hiding.
--Post 168, made me laugh. He claims to have found "Nothing. Absolutely nothing." on Sikario...seeing as Sik's weird three-post SirWario rant had just occurred, I'm rather surprised he didn't at least comment on
that
. Regardless, Sikario hadn't been silent and I found a few items to note -- claiming absence of stuff to examine came off as less than genuine.

Since Pra has taken over

Well, it's easy enough to click his name in the dropdown list and just read his contributions. Not helpful.

So. Whaddya think?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:11 pm

Post by Guardian »

On vacation starting tomorrow. Mod, please prod everyone. This game has slowed to a crawl. Happy holidays everyone!
Do not lynch me.
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:25 am

My deadlines work as whoever has the highest number of votes over a quarter of the living population (so 3+). If nobody has 3+ votes it's a No Lynch. Deadline probably hits when I get up at 9:00 GMT or so, although I lead a busy schedule so please bear with me if you have to have it extended until I get back in in the evening.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:51 am

prodded sikario.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:21 pm

Post by Gorgon »

gorckat wrote:If sikario worries you, why didn't you vote him?

Because I wasn't thinking about who to vote when I made that post. It was just a quick list of my thoughts at that point, after a first skim of the thread.
gorckat wrote:And please direct me to those helpful SirWario posts.
Well ... In his post 17 he comes up with meta on neko, defending him from the 'too nice' accusations. I don't have any other specific examples, though.

Btw, a deadline extension would be most welcome.
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:37 pm

Post by gorckat »

Gorgon wrote:Because I wasn't thinking about who to vote when I made that post. It was just a quick list of my thoughts at that point, after a first skim of the thread.
Have you gathered up any further suspicion or worry in the two weeks since then?
Pra a Funkee Homo Sapien
Pra a Funkee Homo Sapien
Townie
Pra a Funkee Homo Sapien
Townie
Townie

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:43 pm

Post by Pra a Funkee Homo Sapien »

I don't know what else to say to be more helpful. Can someone break down how SirWario has been unhelpful?

Also where is Selande? Has she been active recently?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:05 pm

Post by MeMe »

Tarhalindur = Selande
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:48 am

Post by MeMe »

Deadline means we're kind of in a
hurry
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:06 pm

Post by neko2086 »

I'll be back on my regular schedule in a few days here.

Meme, you have an interesting proposal on Pra/sammich, though I'm not sure how much weight it has at the moment. The strongest argument you have there, I would say, is the active lurking point you make, though he wouldn't be the only one guilty of this here.

I'm wondering why you bring his vote on me into it. You yourself seem inclined to start voting for me, so why is his vote for me in your commentary, especially if he used "decent reasoning?" The rest of your list seemed to have something that would try to implicate him as scum, but that point is empty and seems more pro-town than anything. Did I miss something?
In Tartiflette We Trust
Arakorn
Arakorn
Townie
Arakorn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:06 am

Post by Arakorn »

I'm going to Sweden, will be back on Friday.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:14 am

Post by MeMe »

neko2086 wrote:I'm wondering why you bring his vote on me into it. You yourself seem inclined to start voting for me, so why is his vote for me in your commentary, especially if he used "decent reasoning?" The rest of your list seemed to have something that would try to implicate him as scum, but that point is empty and seems more pro-town than anything. Did I miss something?
My list was "highlights" of what he'd supplied. Lots of fluff, a post that's
not
fluff, more fluff, another (post 155) that's rather well-done....

Why
wouldn't
I bring up those posts that might not "fit" with the others? See, in my opinion, they only make it more suspicious that he did them so rarely when he obviously possesses the ability to analyze -- but others may have a different take on what they mean. So, do you have a different take on what they mean, neko?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:17 am

Post by Gorgon »

gorckat wrote:
Gorgon wrote:Because I wasn't thinking about who to vote when I made that post. It was just a quick list of my thoughts at that point, after a first skim of the thread.
Have you gathered up any further suspicion or worry in the two weeks since then?
Not really. Although I must say that upon rereading, I'm not convinced Sikario8 is scum.

Regarding SW, I'm by no means convinced he's town, but again ... not convinced he's scum either, based on my already stated previous experience.

This game is still slow and still in need of replacements. I would prefer more active discussion instead of poring over old stuff.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:53 am

Post by gorckat »

I see the case on Pra. I'll move at deadlinbe if we must force a lynch, but I think Gorgon, SirWario or sikario are better choices.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:13 am

Post by Guardian »

Guardian wrote:Mod, please prod everyone.
Jenter Brolincani wrote:prodded sikario.
:?

Archaist, notably, also needs proding. Is Sikario8 to be replaced? At this point, displeased with the lack of pressure on Sir Wario, I would move my vote to Sikario8... but he's not even here, and it seems many of the players are not here.

Mafia needs players to be played.
Do not lynch me.
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:49 pm

Prodding Wario, Soupfly, Tar, Archaist and Pra, replacing (damndamndamn!) Sikario8.

I'm not revoking the deadline as I think it would murder this game.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”