massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:03 am

Post by massive »

In post 1527, MagnaofIllusion wrote: So you are reading RC and Not Mafia as lock Town then?
I do think RC is town. The inclusion of Not_Mafia is WIFOMy at best and I kinda expected Infinity to call me on it.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:18 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

And now that the game is officiallly over I can quote the following -
In post 1135, Nahdia_Superfan wrote:I would prefer that you vote Fitz first because I'm like 99.9% certain Fitz is scum vs 99.6% certain MoI is scum and I think that Fitz is more palatable as a wagon anyway.
From Nightless Vengeful Mayhem Open 669. Nahdia_Superfan is an RC alt.

I was Town that game. So was RC. So take with a heaping dose of salt what RC says about his accuracy on reads (regardless of what you think his alignment is). Because you cannot be much more certain than 99.6%.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:19 am

Post by eagerSnake »

I don't see how any true townie could have N_M as anything other than null tbh
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:23 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 1552, MagnaofIllusion wrote:And now that the game is officiallly over I can quote the following -
In post 1135, Nahdia_Superfan wrote:I would prefer that you vote Fitz first because I'm like 99.9% certain Fitz is scum vs 99.6% certain MoI is scum and I think that Fitz is more palatable as a wagon anyway.
From Nightless Vengeful Mayhem Open 669. Nahdia_Superfan is an RC alt.

I was Town that game. So was RC. So take with a heaping dose of salt what RC says about his accuracy on reads (regardless of what you think his alignment is). Because you cannot be much more certain than 99.6%.
Well they did have fitz right
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:26 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1551, massive wrote:
In post 1527, MagnaofIllusion wrote: So you are reading RC and Not Mafia as lock Town then?
I do think RC is town. The inclusion of Not_Mafia is WIFOMy at best and I kinda expected Infinity to call me on it.
Interesting, I didn't think it was relevant to the point so I didn't bother
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:29 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 1547, Infinity 324 wrote:Ok interesting. How much do you think we should trust RC if he's town?

Also what do you think about his play post-AtE?
I was just going to say... I simultaneously trust him and distrust him. I don't know if I could sheep them on that. I've maybe ever been so duped once (if Gin was actually scum) which is why I wish he'd answer you when asking about other people.

I think his play post AtE looks like he did everything he could to get pressure off him so he can stop with the charade. He still hasn't done any of the things asked of him during the freak out
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:36 am

So my Princess Bride review – Infinity was Town.

My immediate impression is that Infinity’s reads there are significantly different from her. At 41 he already has two scumreads (Primate and Leon) and only has expressed a single Town read (Nero, based on a recently ended game where Nero was scum). Infinity also votes Massive at 61 which should indicate some sort of scum-read.

Adds a Town-read for Rach at 75. Indicates he can see a case on Shaddowez at 87. Reiterates his Nero Town meta read at 90.

First read list at 106. I’m quoting it because I think it reflected very differently than the Poker Mafia reads list –
Infinity 324 wrote:Oh so we have a double voter do we?

That makes farside more likely to be town.

So we have

town - me, farside, nero, rach
null - PEP, DPR, massive, MoI, sword (entrance slightly towny but I'm not sure)
scum - shadow, leon, primate
No stratified tiers … just Town reads (4), scum reads (3) and the rest Null. So Town Infinity once again has a pretty well balanced reads list, at least early on. At 420 we get a reads list with 4 Town, 2 Meh Town, 2 Meh Scum, and 1 Scum read.

Another quote I think needs presented …
Infinity 324 wrote: I actually have never seen a scum player who looks like he's saying everything that comes to his mind, and that's the feeling I get from nero.
This is consistent with his stance from this game. On the other hand we have this –
Infinity 324 wrote:I kinda wanna townread Leon cause I like his reads and the PEP vote is proactive, but that seems naive
Town Infinity is actively acknowledging that having similar reads and being Proactive being the basis for a Townread might be poor.

At 216 Infinity posits that scum win games by lurking and lists 5 players who were low on content. He expresses that very likely all the scum are in this pool. He was2/3rds correct (1 mafia and the Serial Killer).

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:44 am

Post by eagerSnake »

So is infinity town or scum here
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:49 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

MoI, can you summarize the main differences you see from this game? Because a lot of the things you seem to be finding are minor differences, except maybe "fewer early townreads".
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:51 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 1559, Infinity 324 wrote:except maybe "fewer early townreads".
WHich isn't really relevant because you replaced in with like 30 pages of content
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:54 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

It's somewhat relevant because I gave my thoughts as I caught up, but less so than usual.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:55 am

Post by lane0168 »

I'm bummed I didn't do more to figure out why Elsa claimed friendly neighbor, when apparently that had nothing to do with their role
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:01 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 1562, lane0168 wrote:I'm bummed I didn't do more to figure out why Elsa claimed friendly neighbor, when apparently that had nothing to do with their role
Yeah that is sketchy but the slot is lock town
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:29 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I told everyone to lynch Fitz first for a reason.

I was nowhere near 99.6% sure that you were scum, I just had you as my third biggest scumread and really didn't want to see you make it to endgame.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:39 am

In post 1564, RadiantCowbells wrote:I told everyone to lynch Fitz first for a reason.

I was nowhere near 99.6% sure that you were scum, I just had you as my third biggest scumread and really didn't want to see you make it to endgame.
Which is why I don't believe a word coming out of your mouth about how strong your Gin scum-read is regardless of your alignment here. Because I've seen far too often you retract on junk statements after the fact saying "Oh, it was a gambit".

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:40 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I mean given the context of the game it shouldn't be a difficult claim for you to believe :good:
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:41 am

In post 1564, RadiantCowbells wrote:I just had you as my third biggest scumread and
really didn't want to see you make it to endgame
Also along these lines -

Everyone pay attention
- If RC makes it to MYLO / LYLO lynch them. No questions asked. I don't care if he is Cop / Gunsmith cleared. I don't care if he retracts FA's claim and claims Mason with an unflipped player. I don't care if a Role Cop results look to clear him. Unless he is literally a Mod confirmed Innocent Child then he needs to die if he gets to MYLO / LYLO.

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:44 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

^ I agree, especially if occam's razor says he's scum
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:50 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

RC, what do you think about lane's read on you
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:51 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1559, Infinity 324 wrote:MoI, can you summarize the main differences you see from this game? Because a lot of the things you seem to be finding are minor differences, except maybe "fewer early townreads".
Don't criticize me for missing shit then not answer my questions -_-
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:54 am

So for those playing along at home – my thoughts based on my read of Poker Mafia and Princess Bride Mafia –

After looking over both games I think the differences are much more pronounced than Infinity is trying to suggest. Looking back over his ISO I see much more in common with Poker Scum Infinity than Town PB Infinity.

As mentioned in the Poker catchup there is a consistency with Infinity’s play here regarding Town-reads and how readily he hands them out. His first reads list () has 4 players as scum and the rest Town “above the Null line”. The fact that there isn’t a null category (and he hasn’t finished catching up at this stage, it was “boring” and had only read to page 11) is a pretty strong scum indicator. Posts like where he gets “Town vibes” from Massive are another example. Nothing concrete there.

And his push and then back-off of RC I think resembles his play in Poker as well. The wagon got to L-1 and he finds a weak motivation ( – which basically is “He’s Town because he AtEd for an extended period and then under pressure is cooperating) to reverse fields and call RC Town. And another one at where “timing” is the reason that slot is Town. Best not to stay on RC's bad side if RC is Town.

And as pointed out in my re-read he has a distinct lack of scum Reads in (and comments on it which happened twice in Poker Mafia). Infinity did not as Town have a problem finding scum reads in Princess Bride Mafia. Which is good scum play – keep your pool of people who might call you out on suspecting them for poor reason to a minimum Day1.

He’s also doing the “Hey PlayerX what do you think of PlayerY” routine ( I count at least two so far) that he did as scum in Poker.

So Infinity is in my Scum Pool with SirCakez and Aella but I don’t think they are all partners together as it stands.

--
In post 1551, massive wrote:I do think RC is town. The inclusion of Not_Mafia is WIFOMy at best and I kinda expected Infinity to call me on it.
Ok so he didn’t and I did. What does that say given Infinity is Town reading you?

--
In post 1553, eagerSnake wrote:I don't see how any true townie could have N_M as anything other than null tbh
Funny you would say this given the following reads lists from players you are solidly Town reading ..
In post 1497, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:New reads would be
Town
{eagerSnake, RagingSpammers, Not_Mafia}
{RadiantCowbells, AElla Was Spine}
{Infinity324, lane0168}
Null {Flubbernugget, massive, LeonShade}
{SirCakez, MagnaofIllusion}
{}
Scum
In post 1476, Infinity 324 wrote:{spammers, eager}
{gin, cakez, RC, leon}
{aella, n_m, massive, flubber}
--------------------
{MoI, lane}

That's one too many townreads. Ok
I mean I agree but the fact that it looks like you are throwing shade Massive’s way while not even blinking when both Gin and Infinity listed him as Town on their latest lists is puzzling.

--
In post 1507, Infinity 324 wrote:Me? I think he's town. He's brought up a lot of points I agree with and I like his tone.
Hmmm … if Infinity is scum then I need to rethink my read on Cakez because this doesn’t look like how he treats partners traditionally.
In post 1570, Infinity 324 wrote:Don't criticize me for missing shit then not answer my questions -_-
Oh the righteous indignation …

It’s been less than 3 hours since the Princess Bride review. I have other games and other responsibilities to attend to. The fact that I didn’t instantly get back to you (and Eager) given the complexity of the post involved but could make quick posts doesn’t warrant this response IMO.

eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:59 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 1571, MagnaofIllusion wrote:I mean I agree but the fact that it looks like you are throwing shade Massive’s way while not even blinking when both Gin and Infinity listed him as Town on their latest lists is puzzling.
Yeah I want those reads explained further that's why I poked at it
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:14 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1571, MagnaofIllusion wrote:The fact that there isn’t a null category (and he hasn’t finished catching up at this stage, it was “boring” and had only read to page 11) is a pretty strong scum indicator. Posts like where he gets “Town vibes” from Massive are another example. Nothing concrete there.
I don't remember specific cases, but I probably have had towngames where I had few/no nullreads and have definitely had towngames where I townread people off of nothing concrete.
And his push and then back-off of RC I think resembles his play in Poker as well.
...in what way?
And as pointed out in my re-read he has a distinct lack of scum Reads in (and comments on it which happened twice in Poker Mafia). Infinity did not as Town have a problem finding scum reads in Princess Bride Mafia. Which is good scum play – keep your pool of people who might call you out on suspecting them for poor reason to a minimum Day1.

He’s also doing the “Hey PlayerX what do you think of PlayerY” routine ( I count at least two so far) that he did as scum in Poker.
Both of these are common things for me to do as town as well

Using such a small about of meta is fine for part of a read, but when you use it to base almost your entire read on me that's pretty damn weak. Not to mention, those games were a while ago so it's possible my playstyle has changed since then. I only brought up princess bride as a counterexample.

Speaking of which, are you sure there weren't any other times I gave townreads for reasons you thought were bad?
Hmmm … if Infinity is scum then I need to rethink my read on Cakez because this doesn’t look like how he treats partners traditionally.
What's different about it from poker mafia? Have you seen any other scum games of mine that you're going off of?
It’s been less than 3 hours since the Princess Bride review. I have other games and other responsibilities to attend to. The fact that I didn’t instantly get back to you (and Eager) given the complexity of the post involved but could make quick posts doesn’t warrant this response IMO.
Ok sorry

PEdit: The only reason n_m is above null for me is modWIFOM with the claims
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:18 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I will say that this does look like an attempt to sort me which is...better than what I've seen before from MoI but it's a pretty weak attempt and not too hard to fake.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”