The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:43 pm

Post by The DEO »

In post 921, Yuri wrote:
In post 920, The DEO wrote:
In post 919, Yuri wrote:Please don't call me Yuki. And yes
Well, I'm afraid you have me at a personal meta disadvantage. I'm aware my laser focus can sometimes be detrimental. I'm working on that, but as you can tell, I'm no saint nor do I ever pretend to be. I still happen to think you're scum though. Math agrees.

Sorry for the misname Yuri.
Np, np. Thought you were doing it on purpose, is all.

So, with Sondam it really looks like a miscommunication easier from here. If you say something in a 'snarky' way that looks like an accusation, that's not opening up a dialogue to get Sondam to answer about their read. And by the time you started pressuring them for a read, you'd made that contradiction that looked really bad (tbh it still looks bad but I can buy you just saying something that came out strange, since the rest from you guys looks town), so ofc they'd be more concerned with that. If the timing on those is wrong somewhere, lemme know.

As for your scumread, I'm not scum, so what are we gonna do to fix that? And, what's your read on Maxous? You've said you're not scumreading the wagon, though Math is, but what's your read on Maxous themself?
Also Fro99er and Uzi.
We're conflicted on Maxous. Math has Maxous as diehard town, but I cannot see why. We're at a crossroads and our plays are actually overlapping each other. Math seems to be starting from a fixed assertion (which I am not sure if it's wrong) and applying everything to fit that theory, which doesn't work for me. There's also meta this, meta that, which is irking me. I tried to sync up but it just wasn't working tonight. They've basically thrown in with mislynch whoever you want day 1... which isn't helping.

As for "fixing" our read on you, I'm not sure that needs to happen, but let's suppose we are both wrong for a moment. You need more posts like this, engaging. Your earlier posts just left me with an eww feeling that's hard to describe, plus the awkward defense of Vecna.
If our post is unsigned, 90+ percent it's Titus. I'm a dork that forgets to sign.
Akane and Nebby
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:44 pm

Post by Akane and Nebby »

In post 905, Akane and Nebby wrote:Well I'm speak about it now.
Is it a contradiction or a slip?
If it's a slip, how is it a slip?
-Nebby.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:44 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 913, Yuri wrote:to clear up a point, my problem wasn't with the self-meta (everybody does it it's not scummy inherently) but with bringing up self-meta to a player you have never played with, in response to me calling a post scummy. Doesn't make sense
but I specifically use it at people who aren't familiar with it because I want to see who jumps on it. It's always something so easy to jump on for scum who aren't aware I do that.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:45 pm

Post by The DEO »

In post 923, Sondam wrote:I am back. Titus what's the dif between shade and an accusation to you? Of course I'm putting some of those people in a bad light I scumread them why wouldn't I
~Maria
An accusation has teeth, a push to get someone lynched. Shade just makes them look worse without any accountability or fixed position. For instance, your Drixx is scum comment that never was followed up on, and your push on players whenever popular.

I still don't know what your stance on Maxous is.

p-edit 905. We're done talking until you answer it.
If our post is unsigned, 90+ percent it's Titus. I'm a dork that forgets to sign.
Yuri
Yuri
Goon
Yuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:46 pm

Post by Yuri »

In post 927, Fro99er wrote:
In post 913, Yuri wrote:to clear up a point, my problem wasn't with the self-meta (everybody does it it's not scummy inherently) but with bringing up self-meta to a player you have never played with, in response to me calling a post scummy. Doesn't make sense
but I specifically use it at people who aren't familiar with it because I want to see who jumps on it. It's always something so easy to jump on for scum who aren't aware I do that.
It's also completely baffling to call a post of yours scummy and be told you're being your obvtown self when I don't know you. The response doesn't make any sense and just looks like 'i'm town, how could you not see it'. Like do you not get that part??
今こそ 一つに、今こそ 一つに、今こそ 一つに。。。 我らが一つに!
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:46 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Lynch Vote 1.06

Maxous (4):
Akane and Nebby, Vecna, Creature, Spiffeh
Lil Uzi Vert (2):
beeboy, Yuri
Yuri (1):
Fro99er
The DEO (1):
Sondam
Leonshade (1):
Lil Uzi Vert
beeboy (1):
ssbm_Kyouko
Creature (1):
Nero Cain
Spiffeh (1):
Maxous
Sondam (1):
The DEO

Not Voting (8):
Leonshade, Elbirn, Drixx, Julius Caesar, ooba, PeregrineV, NoticeMeSenpai, Albert B. Rampage

With 21 players alive, it takes 11 to to lynch.
Lynch deadline is in (expired on 2017-02-21 10:05:30), at which point we will default to no lynch.
Last edited by Nahdia on Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:48 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 921, Yuri wrote:
In post 920, The DEO wrote:
In post 919, Yuri wrote:Please don't call me Yuki. And yes
Well, I'm afraid you have me at a personal meta disadvantage. I'm aware my laser focus can sometimes be detrimental. I'm working on that, but as you can tell, I'm no saint nor do I ever pretend to be. I still happen to think you're scum though. Math agrees.

Sorry for the misname Yuri.
Np, np. Thought you were doing it on purpose, is all.

So, with Sondam it really looks like a miscommunication easier from here. If you say something in a 'snarky' way that looks like an accusation, that's not opening up a dialogue to get Sondam to answer about their read. And by the time you started pressuring them for a read, you'd made that contradiction that looked really bad (tbh it still looks bad
but I can buy you just saying something that came out strange, since the rest from you guys looks town), so ofc they'd be more concerned with that. If the timing on those is wrong somewhere, lemme know.

As for your scumread, I'm not scum, so what are we gonna do to fix that? And, what's your read on Maxous? You've said you're not scumreading the wagon, though Math is, but what's your read on Maxous themself?
Also Fro99er and Uzi.
The bolded really looks like Yuri wants to placate Titus immediately after saying the contradiction was bad. Like as to not ruffle feathers.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Sondam
Sondam
Goon
Sondam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:48 pm

Post by Sondam »

In post 928, The DEO wrote:
In post 923, Sondam wrote:I am back. Titus what's the dif between shade and an accusation to you? Of course I'm putting some of those people in a bad light I scumread them why wouldn't I
~Maria
An accusation has teeth, a push to get someone lynched. Shade just makes them look worse without any accountability or fixed position. For instance, your Drixx is scum comment that never was followed up on, and your push on players whenever popular.

I still don't know what your stance on Maxous is.

p-edit 905. We're done talking until you answer it.
Drixx comment on "Listen to Titus cause Titus is a god" was really really bad. Same with Yuri Yuri made one really bad comment and that's it If I see something I find bad I'll comment on it and so will Gerry that's just how we play.
My stance on Max is scummy Gerry doesn't have one ~Maria
Hydra of MariaR and gerryoat
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:49 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 929, Yuri wrote:
In post 927, Fro99er wrote:
It's also completely baffling to call a post of yours scummy and be told you're being your obvtown self when I don't know you. The response doesn't make any sense and just looks like 'i'm town, how could you not see it'. Like do you not get that part??
Baffling you is exactly why I do it. To see how people who aren't familiar with me doing that react.
Heil King Froggo.
Yuri
Yuri
Goon
Yuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:49 pm

Post by Yuri »

In post 925, The DEO wrote:We're conflicted on Maxous. Math has Maxous as diehard town, but I cannot see why. We're at a crossroads and our plays are actually overlapping each other. Math seems to be starting from a fixed assertion (which I am not sure if it's wrong) and applying everything to fit that theory, which doesn't work for me. There's also meta this, meta that, which is irking me. I tried to sync up but it just wasn't working tonight. They've basically thrown in with mislynch whoever you want day 1... which isn't helping.

As for "fixing" our read on you, I'm not sure that needs to happen, but let's suppose we are both wrong for a moment. You need more posts like this, engaging. Your earlier posts just left me with an eww feeling that's hard to describe, plus the awkward defense of Vecna.
This reminds me of an interesting theory about how it's better for town in the long run to accidentally mislynch in day 1, but this game is NOT the place for that conversation lmao

Can't do much about an 'ew' feeling, but the Vecna thing was, as I've already explained, an attempt to get drixx v vecna to stop bc it wasn't productive. I also had a townread on both, Vecna bc of its freak-out about the Science vote. Did you find that part scummy, or null instead?

If you found my last post engaging, what do you actually think about what I said concerning Sondam? Was my progression wrong, do you disagree?
Sondam
Sondam
Goon
Sondam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:50 pm

Post by Sondam »

I'm trying to see how I can explain this in a dif way but I really can't I'll say I think this person is scum for ___ reason or just say this comment sucks that's how I work if you think that's shade were just not gonna see eye to eye
~Maria
Akane and Nebby
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:50 pm

In post 926, Akane and Nebby wrote:
-Nebby.
Sondam
Sondam
Goon
Sondam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:52 pm

Post by Sondam »

In post 936, Akane and Nebby wrote:
-Nebby.
Who is this referring too? If it's us don't ask me I'd have to drag Gerry back on the thread
~Maria
Yuri
Yuri
Goon
Yuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:52 pm

Post by Yuri »

In post 933, Fro99er wrote:Baffling you is exactly why I do it. To see how people who aren't familiar with me doing that react.
OKAY sure whatever but like
are you expecting that town WONT dislike/call you out on the fact that you call yourself obvtown in response to them saying you did something scummy. Like wtf is the town response there

This amount of frustration means the frog is town, probably. I dont get pissed at scum
Akane and Nebby
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:53 pm

In post 937, Sondam wrote:
In post 936, Akane and Nebby wrote:
-Nebby.
Who is this referring too? If it's us don't ask me I'd have to drag Gerry back on the thread
~Maria
At this point I don't care which one of you answers.

-Nebby
Yuri
Yuri
Goon
Yuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:53 pm

Post by Yuri »

In post 931, Fro99er wrote:The bolded really looks like Yuri wants to placate Titus immediately after saying the contradiction was bad. Like as to not ruffle feathers.
Literally the entire post is me trying to placate Titus bc that hydra is probtown and them pushing me is a distraction
Yuri
Yuri
Goon
Yuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by Yuri »

Nebby why are you so hung up on that? gerry obviously called it a contradiction, and it could be called a 'scumslip' with the same definition. and he explained and underlined it back and forth. what are you looking for?
Akane and Nebby
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:56 pm

In post 941, Yuri wrote:Nebby why are you so hung up on that? gerry obviously called it a contradiction, and it could be called a 'scumslip' with the same definition. and he explained and underlined it back and forth. what are you looking for?
No...
Those are two different things...
A slip is where you say or refer to informationg you shouldn't know.
A contradiction is them sayone one thing and then saying the direct opposite.
Why do you have a problem with me pressing it?

-Nebby
Yuri
Yuri
Goon
Yuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:58 pm

Post by Yuri »

Ok if you go by that definition, you already know the answer. So why are you asking?
And I don't have a problem so much as it looked weird to me and I wanna know why you care
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:59 pm

Post by The DEO »

In post 934, Yuri wrote:
In post 925, The DEO wrote:We're conflicted on Maxous. Math has Maxous as diehard town, but I cannot see why. We're at a crossroads and our plays are actually overlapping each other. Math seems to be starting from a fixed assertion (which I am not sure if it's wrong) and applying everything to fit that theory, which doesn't work for me. There's also meta this, meta that, which is irking me. I tried to sync up but it just wasn't working tonight. They've basically thrown in with mislynch whoever you want day 1... which isn't helping.

This reminds me of an interesting theory about how it's better for town in the long run to accidentally mislynch in day 1, but this game is NOT the place for that conversation lmao

Can't do much about an 'ew' feeling, but the Vecna thing was, as I've already explained, an attempt to get drixx v vecna to stop bc it wasn't productive. I also had a townread on both, Vecna bc of its freak-out about the Science vote. Did you find that part scummy, or null instead?

If you found my last post engaging, what do you actually think about what I said concerning Sondam? Was my progression wrong, do you disagree?
For a second, I thought I had an idea on who you were, but that person would rarely if ever think that interrupting an early T v T to diffuse it was a good thing. (Not alt hunting, just a thought in my head). Sometimes a T v T has to happen for two players to sort each other.

I don't know Vecna well enough to know based on the way he voted his alignment there. I don't know the types of roles he prefers or his long term town planning. All I recall in detail is his recent scumgame. Why are you expecting me to argue, or leading me to argue, that Vecna's disagreement with me is scummy?

I'm going to relook at Sondham based on their future votes and pushes in the thread. Given MariaR's lack of explanation for why Drixx was scummy and some of their other (what I perceive to be and probably is) shading, I'm not inclined to townread them, as retroactive continuity is a thing. I'm waiting for my townreads to comment on the exchange. If my townreads agree, I'll bear down. At this stage, I know I can get over the top, so I need to enable my townreads to push their scumreads.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:01 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 940, Yuri wrote:
In post 931, Fro99er wrote:The bolded really looks like Yuri wants to placate Titus immediately after saying the contradiction was bad. Like as to not ruffle feathers.
Literally the entire post is me trying to placate Titus bc that hydra is probtown and them pushing me is a distraction
Why do you care to placate them?

If you're town play your town game and scumhunt. You shouldn't try to appease them because they are pushing you.
Heil King Froggo.
Akane and Nebby
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:02 pm

In post 943, Yuri wrote:Ok if you go by that definition, you already know the answer. So why are you asking?
And I don't have a problem so much as it looked weird to me and I wanna know why you care
Because I think they just scumtold but I want to get them to talk more just in case I misinterpreted.
-Nebby
Yuri
Yuri
Goon
Yuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:05 pm

Post by Yuri »

imo early TvTs (as opposed to later ones) are nearly always some tiny miscommication or issue that spirals into this big dumb fight that doesnt help anything. Happens in like, 75% of my games and I'm surprised they actually listened when I asked them to stop?? But i'd expect that from drixx at least.

Wasn't even thinking of you when I brought up Vecna's freak-out. I wanted to know how you were reading it, because I read that outburst (the all caps big letter post) as town. Don't care about players personal preferences re: resolution vote all that much.
Yuri
Yuri
Goon
Yuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:09 pm

Post by Yuri »

In post 945, Fro99er wrote:Why do you care to placate them?

If you're town play your town game and scumhunt. You shouldn't try to appease them because they are pushing you.
Titus doesn't know who am I but I know her. Ignoring her ain't gonna work and poking holes in her reasoning will also not work. I'm trying an approach based on what I know of her. She plays based on all of her reads at once, so if she's scumreading me my words will have less meaning to her. See her response to what I said about sondam, she's basically waiting for her townreads to weigh in and that's what she'll take into account.

What do you think of Uzi?

Nebby: the question still feels empty to me.
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:09 pm

Post by The DEO »

In post 947, Yuri wrote:imo early TvTs (as opposed to later ones) are nearly always some tiny miscommication or issue that spirals into this big dumb fight that doesnt help anything. Happens in like, 75% of my games and I'm surprised they actually listened when I asked them to stop?? But i'd expect that from drixx at least.

Wasn't even thinking of you when I brought up Vecna's freak-out. I wanted to know how you were reading it, because I read that outburst (the all caps big letter post) as town. Don't care about players personal preferences re: resolution vote all that much.
Before I log off for the night, what are your reads on every slot in the game that you have one for?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”