Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:12 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1294, RadiantCowbells wrote: I think it's frankly ignorant to jump to conclusions about what your correct info on me holds without asking anyone in the game who has actually played with me whether it means anything.

1) No I don't think that I was. My point isn't that your only arguments were what I said, it's that your arguments come on a fundamental underpinning of you think that you know what Scum!RC does and does not do. You don't.
The thing is, my main reasons for scumreading you don't have anything to do with meta. They have to do with you trying to get votes off you more than find scum. Specific lines I found fake. FA's play, and I know her meta a little better. That's what you're ignoring and that's why I feel like you're misrepping me.
2) No, I think that I'm a perfectly reasonable person. I agree that I have to do unreasonable things to win mafia games on the forum; but that's because of how everyone else deals with me. See 1769. I don't enjoy this. I would love to stay calm and collected and play mafia over some tea but if I attempt to do so I would get lynched. Hence the appeal to me of making secret alts.
If you're a reasonable person then I really do not understand the claim that you will policy lynch me in games we are in together if I am town. That's not just doing unreasonable things to win a game, that's just straight up being a dick.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:14 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1296, RadiantCowbells wrote:But then people bitch me out and say that it's unfair that I play on secret alts and that I'm just trying to make it easier to win as scum ??? when it's actually because I want to have a relaxing game as town.
There's an immense amount of context to the reason that I play like I do and you don't know it and should know you don't know it. You pretending makes me think you're scum.
I think it's perfectly fine for you to play on secret alts, ftr.

Not knowing the context for your play doesn't mean I can't have issues with it and can't scumread you.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:15 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 502, Leonshade wrote:
In post 475, RagingSpammers wrote:
In post 450, RagingSpammers wrote:
S
eriously Gin.
P
retty sure he softed vig by now
Y
ou need me to point out the soft?
R
eally Gin? Cause it was obvious
O
bvious as all fucking hell.

C
ome on Gin.
C
an't you see that stuff?

VOTE: Snakey
-Ali
Look at the bolded and tell me what you think it was trying to convey.
A Spyro CC.
But I was faking a CC to see who would jump on it and who's paying attention to detail who isn't.
Gin clearly didn't see what I was trying to do.
Therefore I think he's town.
-Ali
VOTE: RagingSpammers

You tested the waters for a CC then decided to back out, I see no other way to read this.
@leon: Can you explain this more? Why not a town reaction test? And why would scum expect to get a lynch from that?

In post 503, Ælla Was Spine wrote:I think RS is town too

So far I'd be cool with lynching MoI/Elsa&A/Lane/massive/NotMafia
These reads aren't bad at all[/spoiler]

^ question for leon

Going to bed now
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:16 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Also RC it wasn't very reasonable to vote me and say for me to get fucking policy lynched after I was basically confirmed town. Do you agree

I don't think we've played together before this and respect is earned, you know that.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:19 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Maybe I've learned that being a dick is the only thing that keeps me from getting mislynched in stupid situations like this one?
Like if I get the impression that I am genuinely hurting someone then I will always back down because that's not what I want to do.
You replaced in, hard chainsawed my top scumread, and claimed a scumread on me for reasons that I know are shit. There's no 'reasonable' response to that tbh.

And yes you can- but you shouldn't because you should be aware that you are going to hold me to unreasonably high standards that Town!RC will never hold up to.
I am not lying that this is a super town game for me. If you don't townread me in this game and you are town then I promise you there will never be a game that you think that I am town, ever.
Under that situation, I think it is best that we don't play in the same games because I don't want to be forced into a 1v1 with you every single game.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:19 am

So yes I said it angrily for manipulation purposes but the thought process was more of a calculated if this guy is town we are never going to get along in a game together.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:20 am

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

In post 1304, RadiantCowbells wrote:hard chainsawed my top scumread,
What was this?
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:22 am

He defended you, who are my top scumread, by saying that I am hardscum and not really taking a stance on my alignment. That's called chainsawing.
Eager I play like I do out of necessity. If everyone stops being so quick to wagon me for bullshit I can stop hair trigger responding to everyone that votes or foses or threatens to vig me.
But seriously though why would you ever vig a slot this early on that is a guaranteed scum nightkill?
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:23 am

So I was your top scum read when Infinity replaced in and then after Infinity replaced in you said I was no longer a town read but a scum read?
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:23 am

I was being nice at the start and I got threatened to be vigged for it so I ramped up the aggression. If everyone stops making my life impossible I can start being nice again.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:24 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 1304, RadiantCowbells wrote:I am not lying that this is a super town game for me. If you don't townread me in this game and you are town then I promise you there will never be a game that you think that I am town, ever.
Under that situation, I think it is best that we don't play in the same games because I don't want to be forced into a 1v1 with you every single game.
Yes this is why I do my best to avoid playing with you. Frankly I debated replacing out when you joined with FA but I love the Theme way too much and decided to stick it out. Because you thinking that your play is Super Town is a mystery wrapped in an enigma surrounded by a puzzle.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:24 am

That's lying about the gamestate. I had you as prob!town then you made a post I didn't like and then I reread your posting and decided that I was very likely wrong about you then your reaction proved it.
Yes this is why I do my best to avoid playing with you. Frankly I debated replacing out when you joined with FA but I love the Theme way too much and decided to stick it out. Because you thinking that your play is Super Town is a mystery wrapped in an enigma surrounded by a puzzle.
I was not aware that you were intentionally avoiding playing with me and I would have made different decisions had I known that.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:25 am

In post 1311, RadiantCowbells wrote:That's lying about the gamestate. I had you as prob!town then you made a post I didn't like and then I reread your posting and decided that I was very likely wrong about you then your reaction proved it.
When is prob!town the same as top scum read?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:26 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

@RC Ok first of all gin was not your top scumread when I replaced in. Second of all, if someone claims a scumread on you for shit reasons, why not ignore them or explain why they're wrong?

If I'm wrong about you, I'll learn from that and try to read you better next time. Promise. But if you're going to make it a huge out-of-game issue whenever I misread you, then yeah we can't play together.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:26 am

How can Infinity "chainsaw" me as "myself being your top scum read" when you just said I was "prob!town"?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:28 am

When did I say that you were prob!town jesus I am positive that my read progression is obvious.

INFINITY REPLACES INTO A SLOT I AM SLIGHTLY SCUMREADING. AT THIS TIME I TOWNREAD GIN.
INFINITY STARTS PUSHING ON ME IN A WAY I DON'T LIKE.
GIN SITS AT THE SIDELINES THROWING POTSHTOS IN.
I FOS GIN AND VOTE HIM.
INFINITY RAMPS UP THE AGGRESSION DRASTICALLY.
TADA CHAINSAW.
@RC Ok first of all gin was not your top scumread when I replaced in. Second of all, if someone claims a scumread on you for shit reasons, why not ignore them or explain why they're wrong?

If I'm wrong about you, I'll learn from that and try to read you better next time. Promise. But if you're going to make it a huge out-of-game issue whenever I misread you, then yeah we can't play together.
If I gave everyone free license to mislynch me a few times I would never make it past day 1 in a game as town.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:29 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Tbh I wasn't considering you at all when I threatened to vig your slot. You'll say yourself that I can't read you so this should make sense to you.

FA wasn't being very nice at the time of that threat.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:30 am

I can't explain to you why you're wrong because your case on me is literally entirely null and anyone could point that out. Unless you want me to say 'nope that's not a scum rc thing' to everything, which is what I did.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:31 am

So you're doing associative tells before flips?

And you scum read me for dicking around making a couple jokes?
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:32 am

In post 1317, RadiantCowbells wrote:I can't explain to you why you're wrong because your case on me is literally entirely null and anyone could point that out. Unless you want me to say 'nope that's not a scum rc thing' to everything, which is what I did.
You could at least try to explain. At like at least try to explain anything
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:32 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Don't you think you can find some middle ground between "free license to mislynch me" and "never playing with you again if you misread me"?

The points about the manipulation are taken, the points about the fake lines and FA stand.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:33 am

My favorite part was when you brought up the thing with BBT, you finally brought it up, proved it wrong, and now that's one less thing for you to accuse against me. You'll soon realize every reason you have to scum read me is unjustifiable once discussed.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:35 am

Like there's nothing that I do that's a thing that you can say is a town or scum RC thing because if it works as one alignment I'll start doing it as the other.

WRT FA and fake lines: again the only thing I can do is say nope you're wrong. I fully understand why FA was the way she was this game and I'm not going to make it public knowledge so all I can do is shrug my shoulders at it. I don't think anything that I did was a fake line and I know that I'm town so again all I can do is shrug my shoulders at it.

You have given me nothing whatsoever that I can respond to besides saying nope that's not alignment indicative because your entire case is that demonstrably NAI things are.
Do you want to make a list of the things that you think are scummy so I can find examples of me doing them as town?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:37 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

The following is completely non-game relevant.
In post 1311, RadiantCowbells wrote:I was not aware that you were intentionally avoiding playing with me and I would have made different decisions had I known that.
Really? I find this hard to believe. After 1762 you replaced Fate as my only "So Toxic to Deal with So Don't" list member. The fact that you've kept sticking your nose into threads you aren't even a part of to be a jackass certainly hasn't made me regret that decision.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:39 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

@RC Just because you can't respond to them doesn't mean they're not valid reasons.

And sure, tomorrow I'll make a list.

I want to say that at least for me, working things out and explaining your side is a lot more convincing than emotional shit, discrediting, etc.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”