Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:13 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

What was essentially proposed by some earlier was that all this information would help form a town block in a game that just started and has 20+ players.
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:14 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 299, Yuri wrote:Idk I'm of the opinion scum won't pass up such a good power, daychat is really good and I doubt picking Science will mess with that.

Also this Drixx v Vecna thing is messy and based on mechanics and clashing egos and it sucks.
Yup.

I would assume scum would pick daychat over most powers, but then I don't like playing scum.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Sondam
Sondam
Goon
Sondam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:14 am

Post by Sondam »

i joined just in time, it's out of RVS. Has the inferior head of this hydra talked yet? (haha i know someone is gonna say 'ur taking now!!!1!') too lazy to look

~G
Hydra of MariaR and gerryoat
Yuri
Yuri
Goon
Yuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:14 am

Post by Yuri »

In post 297, Leonshade wrote:I was thinking Wonders in Civ, which mostly give passive benefits. I still expected PRs of some sort, but I wasn't really thinking about night kills, just about everyone agreeing on who gets the Wonders.

The idea was stupid but I didn't put much thought into it, my original idea was coming in here and declaring that I'm going to be practicing isolationist politics, at least my dumb idea was game-related.
Mmk. I guess I believe you
今こそ 一つに、今こそ 一つに、今こそ 一つに。。。 我らが一つに!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:20 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 292, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:You're really underestimating how dysfunctional town can be Drix.
Not at all. I know that VERY well from experience. I also know just how powerful town can be if even just a few town recognize each other and work together. As an example ... if I can get a solid town read on Titus and ABR and OTAF to them, the three of us would wreck any scum team like 99 times out of 100. Not ego or pride speaking ... we're just all good in different ways and working together we become a juggernaut.

See: Suikoden, Inception

Towns don't HAVE to be dysfunctional. Simple truth.
In post 293, Fro99er wrote:
In post 290, Drixx wrote:What kind of special are you? Are you seriously trying to argue that any scum team would pass on a day chat facilitator just on the HOPE that something better might be attained later in the game
That's not what he said at all.

He said if we choose science, scum will be able to see even more options. Like possibly twice as many, and then pass up day chat to coordinate at night because now they have two days worth of powers to coordinate.

He never said they were passing on day chat to hope something else later was better.
The only reason to pass on day chat would be because they hope something better will come along later. Day chat is like one of the main advantages scum have on this site (and the site statistics back it up). The idea that they would pass on it (remember: they can only build it today ... if they pass on it, then presumably it's gone forever {excepting if multiple wonders repeat the same effect, which would be lazy and I know Nahdia isn't}) just because Science lets them plan what buildings to try for at night ... is just plain absurd. Planning which buildings to take is like priority level negative (insert really large integer) compared to what scum can use day chat to coordinate. The whole argument is so over the top ridiculous that I'm seriously wondering if Vecna is just trolling me at this point.
In post 299, Yuri wrote:Idk I'm of the opinion scum won't pass up such a good power, daychat is really good and I doubt picking Science will mess with that.

Also this Drixx v Vecna thing is messy and based on mechanics and clashing egos and it sucks.
It is messy... you're right. I'll be nice.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:26 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Hey guys, before this phase ends...

Let's all make a pledge to not proclaim that everyone is terrible, and YOU ALONE CAN FIX EVERYTHING IF ONLY YOU WERE LISTENED TO.

Ok? :)

Look forward to winning with you ;)
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Yuri
Yuri
Goon
Yuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:27 am

Post by Yuri »

In post 305, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Hey guys, before this phase ends...

Let's all make a pledge to not proclaim that everyone is terrible, and YOU ALONE CAN FIX EVERYTHING IF ONLY YOU WERE LISTENED TO.

#bestpost
Siblings Quarrel
Siblings Quarrel
Goon
Siblings Quarrel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:27 am

Post by Siblings Quarrel »

In post 304, Drixx wrote:The only reason to pass on day chat would be because they hope something better will come along later. Day chat is like one of the main advantages scum have on this site (and the site statistics back it up). The idea that they would pass on it (remember: they can only build it today ... if they pass on it, then presumably it's gone forever {excepting if multiple wonders repeat the same effect, which would be lazy and I know Nahdia isn't}) just because Science lets them plan what buildings to try for at night ... is just plain absurd. Planning which buildings to take is like priority level negative (insert really large integer) compared to what scum can use day chat to coordinate. The whole argument is so over the top ridiculous that I'm seriously wondering if Vecna is just trolling me at this point.
I agree daychat is very powerful, which was my main concern for not wanting science in the first place.

I think what Vecna is saying is that if science is chosen, then they can pass on choosing day chat to try to block off as many of the other D1 wonders that only town can grab, thereby limiting town's power a bit more. They can coordinate at night, knowing they get to choose that night from D1 wonders also with knowledge of what D2 wonders are. So it's not about waiting for powers as much as limiting town's powers on D1.

I'm not sure if that's enough of an argument to make me want to choose none, because I also buy your science argument. I think titus and spiffeh are town. I thought you were town on your first post, but then the back and forth with you and Vecna I have no idea. I've also never seen scum!drixx play. I'm town and if you, titus, spiffeh, ABR are town, we're going to win this. It'll be like mafiaception, but with titus on our side.
Hydra between Alisae and Fro99er (btw we're not siblings irl)
"i kinda like alisae, and i liked fro99er so fro99isae gets to be #1 super townread" - rb
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:28 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 295, Fro99er wrote:
In post 291, Drixx wrote:
In post 289, Fro99er wrote:
In post 288, Drixx wrote:P-edit: If you respond to me with that kind of bullshit again Vecna I'll just ignore you all game. You don't know me and you're pissing up the wrong rope.
he really didn't respond with bullshit though.
No ... I mean embedding his responses in my quote so that it's absurdly difficult to see them and respond to them on the post a reply screen. Making the game harder on someone else is a dick move, and I'll just ignore any fucker who does that to me. I ain't got time for that shit.
gotcha

Vecna -- just quote and post above or below the quote, don't post your thoughts inside someone else's quote.
Fair enough, that I can do.

But I think we both know thats not what he was alluding to in his post.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:28 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 307, Siblings Quarrel wrote:
In post 304, Drixx wrote:The only reason to pass on day chat would be because they hope something better will come along later. Day chat is like one of the main advantages scum have on this site (and the site statistics back it up). The idea that they would pass on it (remember: they can only build it today ... if they pass on it, then presumably it's gone forever {excepting if multiple wonders repeat the same effect, which would be lazy and I know Nahdia isn't}) just because Science lets them plan what buildings to try for at night ... is just plain absurd. Planning which buildings to take is like priority level negative (insert really large integer) compared to what scum can use day chat to coordinate. The whole argument is so over the top ridiculous that I'm seriously wondering if Vecna is just trolling me at this point.
I agree daychat is very powerful, which was my main concern for not wanting science in the first place.

I think what Vecna is saying is that if science is chosen, then they can pass on choosing day chat to try to block off as many of the other D1 wonders that only town can grab, thereby limiting town's power a bit more. They can coordinate at night, knowing they get to choose that night from D1 wonders also with knowledge of what D2 wonders are. So it's not about waiting for powers as much as limiting town's powers on D1.

I'm not sure if that's enough of an argument to make me want to choose none, because I also buy your science argument. I think titus and spiffeh are town. I thought you were town on your first post, but then the back and forth with you and Vecna I have no idea. I've also never seen scum!drixx play. I'm town and if you, titus, spiffeh, ABR are town, we're going to win this. It'll be like mafiaception, but with titus on our side.
Fucking hydra slips.

If anyone has a way of remembering to not hydra slip, please tell me
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:29 am

Post by The DEO »

Yuri, why do you seem overly invested in defending Vecna?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:29 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 305, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Hey guys, before this phase ends...

Thank you. Everyone is not necessarily terrible and town isn't doomed to being bad. There are loads of super !terrible people in this game's player list. I mean ... none are quite as awesome as ABR, but we all try.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:31 am

Post by Vecna »

Im done with it. Ive said my piece, people can make up their minds on their own.

Ill even go so far as to admit drixx made some decent points in that big post. I still dont think it weighs up against the benefits to scum, but to each his own.
Yuri
Yuri
Goon
Yuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:31 am

Post by Yuri »

In post 310, The DEO wrote:Yuri, why do you seem overly invested in defending Vecna?
In post 299, Yuri wrote:Also this Drixx v Vecna thing is messy and based on mechanics and clashing egos and it sucks.
Yuri
Yuri
Goon
Yuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:33 am

Post by Yuri »

Wait tf did they just agree to chill for now? Hot damn

Also DEO, now that I look at it, Fro99er is also defending Vecna, even explaining how he perceives vecna's points to Drixx. I don't have a problem w Fro99er doin this, but I'm wondering why you don't.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:34 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 308, Vecna wrote:But I think we both know thats not what he was alluding to in his post.
there is really no need to continue the needling.

drop it.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:36 am

Post by Vecna »

Btw Titus, how do you like my attempts at copying my playstyle from the previous game? I can tell youre picking up on it.

Wanna go head to head again?
Akane and Nebby
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:36 am

Post by Akane and Nebby »

I wanna know why are you against wonder planning in public, Vecna. It lowers the possibility of two players picking the same wonder imo

- Akane
Yuri
Yuri
Goon
Yuri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:37 am

Post by Yuri »

In post 317, Akane and Nebby wrote:I wanna know why are you against wonder planning in public, Vecna. It lowers the possibility of two players picking the same wonder imo

- Akane
Cause it's a roadmap for scum to plan kills/blocks if they have em
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:38 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 315, Fro99er wrote:
In post 308, Vecna wrote:But I think we both know thats not what he was alluding to in his post.
there is really no need to continue the needling.

drop it.
Its out of my system, and youre right that wasnt needed. Ill not stand in the way of a proper functioning town.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:40 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Let's just hammer None so we can get to actually voting our scum reads.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:40 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Kyouko, when you get on, vote None!
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:41 am

Post by Vecna »

My entire argument ive made is to make it as hard as possible for scum to come to a succesfull and proper strategy A&N.

But I can see Drixx's point as well.
Akane and Nebby
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:43 am

Post by Akane and Nebby »

In post 318, Yuri wrote:
In post 317, Akane and Nebby wrote:I wanna know why are you against wonder planning in public, Vecna. It lowers the possibility of two players picking the same wonder imo

- Akane
Can there be a way to ensure each member picks a different wonder without scum knowing? Cos if everyone suddenly decided to pick the same wonder, only one person would get it and the rest of us will be stuck as vanilla and that won't benefit town either.

- Akane
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:45 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 323, Akane and Nebby wrote:
In post 318, Yuri wrote:

- Akane
Can there be a way to ensure each member picks a different wonder without scum knowing? Cos if everyone suddenly decided to pick the same wonder, only one person would get it and the rest of us will be stuck as vanilla and that won't benefit town either.

- Akane
Thats not how it works. People that dont get one can try again the next day.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”