Newbie 509 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
cepi
cepi
Townie
cepi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:19 pm

Post by cepi »

Cepi's posts:

D-1
6. Random vote: Rishi.
18. Irrelevant question about ICs.
27. FoS: Xyl. My reason was confusion about his lenght of time registered in the forum.
39. I unFoS Xyl for his explanation about playing MTGS chat mafia. DH's behavior seems remarkable to me.
44. I explain Xyl that he read wrong my post where I asked other players about DH's strange behavior.
67. I strongly suspect Xyl for puting Dean Harper (a newbie) at L-1 in early states of the game. I vote for him.
96. I unvote Xyl for his protown behavior after his explanation of forum mafia being slow as hell and after he's the first suspecting Tenebrys for his lurking state. He admits that he was wrong in DH's case.
107. My first big analysis of the game. My first suspect is indeed Tenebrys for his allergy to post something in the forum. I vote for him and put him at L-2 for the respective pressure.

D-2
118. I start D-2 with my second big analysis of the game. This is important for town becuase IMO if you start suspecting the possible scumpair early in D-2, you can break preplanned stratregies. My first possible scumpair was Spurg and Rishi for the two consecutive votes. The theory here was a) Dean Harper using his "Im a newbie and I didnt realyze" excuse and b) an interesting distacement between both becuase its unlikely that scum vote consecutevely in D-1. One thing I was(am) sure. One of them was scum.
126. I answer a Rishi question about my vote in Tenebrys' lynch. I start suspecting him for this strange suspicion.
137. I strongly suspect my new possible scumpair: Dean Harper and Rishi. The theory here was a) that I had to decide which was the scummier : Dean Harper or Spurgistan because as the game developed an scenario of both of them being scum was unlikely. I chose DH for some interesting interactions in D-1 with Rishi and becuase I still think the hammer is scummier than the L-1. b) They both started to attack Spurgistan with weak arguments.c) Rishi started to look more suspicious than both of them. (the fun fact, strangely suspecting Spurgistan and not DH for the same reason)
145. I reinforce my case in DH, although Spurgistan starts to act a little scummy. I ask him a question which he never answered.
149. Again, I reinforce my case in DH. Rishi starts lurking.
151. I explain my agressive gamestyle. I strongly suspect DH because I think he's just trying to mess whit my mind and posts some scummy answers
159. I continue suspecting DH because he seems so sure in voting me without backup. Rishi is still lurking. Xyl is suspecting me but I dont FOS him becuase I think he's the less scummy of the other three players.
170. Rishi is back. This is the point where Rishi starts to look scummier. He's suspecting me and at the same trying to not be so obvious with it, after Xyl and DH suspected me. His interactions with DH are just so scummy that I thought I finally discovered the scumpair.
174. Rishi continues to look scummier. I state that he overreacts.
182. Some answers to other posts. Rishi is my principal suspect. I ask Xyl why does he think Spurg is scummier than DH.
187. I state that Rishi is suspicious for the fact that he starts suspecting Xyl with the only reason he's my only possible scumpartner. After a reread I discover that the interaction between DH and Rishi is scummier than I had thought.
195. After some strange posts of Spurgistan I start thinking that he could be Rishi's scumpartner. I post this:
cepi wrote:Although I firmly believe DH and Rishi are possible scumpartners theres something that has been bitching in my mind for a few days and if somehow one of them (or even worse, both,- which I doubt however-) comes up town then it would only be my fault.
197. An analysis of Xyl's long post. I kinda admit that Spurg can be more scummy than I had thought.
198. This is how I saw the game at that moment.
cepi wrote:a) I find Xyl the most protown player. I like his analysis. I feel identified as townie in his objective of finding scum. I dont have problems admitting it.
b) I still think DH- Rishi is a big possible scumpair. If somehow my analysis in both of them is wrong, then I am almost 100% one of them is scum.
c) And then Spurgistan. Gosh, this guy is strange. If he hadnt posted this, I wouldnt have now this terrible headache:
Spurg wrote:Xyl, do you have anything to tie those pairings together? Seeing as how this is lylo, we should have a decent plan going forward before we start putting votes on. Additionally, I can't think of any reason why Rishi and cepi are anything like a scumpair. Separately, sure they haven't acquitted themselves well, but I don't see anything tying themselves together.

Oh wait... hmm...
207. A repsonse where I confirm Rishi is my principal suspect and Im having a hard time finding is scumpartner.
210. This is the post after Rishi's vote. Rishi's reaction was so scummy that I'm almost sure he's mafia. Then I suspect Spurgistan for his subtly support rather than finding his vote at least antitownie. I confirm he's ideed scummier than DH.
215. I reinfoirce my last (and most possible) theory : Rishi and Spurg are scumpartners. I answer to some Rishi's weak posts.
222. My last post. A big analysis of Rishi's posts during all the game (with all his contradictions) and why I'm 100% sure he's mafia.
<3
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:38 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

If you're 100% sure he's mafia you should be voting him.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
cepi
cepi
Townie
cepi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:12 am

Post by cepi »

Xyl wrote:If you're 100% sure he's mafia you should be voting him.
yeahh, I was thinking in that too. I'll wait, however, for a DH's post and a Spurgistan's post and then I'll cast my vote.
<3
cepi
cepi
Townie
cepi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:16 am

Post by cepi »

Again, sorry for the double post. I clicked submit rather tan preview.

.....I think I need a little more input to find out if Spurg is really his scumpartner.
<3
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:11 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

If a townie is 100% sure that someone is scum, then there is no reason at all not to vote. Thus, not voting him is evidence that either (a) you are not actually 100% sure he is mafia, or (b) you are mafia and he is your scumbuddy. Which is it?

cepi
cepi
Townie
cepi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:04 pm

Post by cepi »

Xyl wrote:If a townie is 100% sure that someone is scum, then there is no reason at all not to vote. Thus, not voting him is evidence that either (a) you are not actually 100% sure he is mafia, or (b) you are mafia and he is your scumbuddy. Which is it?
What about

c) You still can be his scumpartner although I highly doubt it after your last post.

d) I would probably like to give my last opinions of the game in the case someone hammers. I could be dead tomorrow.

e) I want to read what the other townie and the other scum have to say beofre casting my vote. Basically I dont want this hypothetical situations to happen:

d1)Scum Nº2 hammers Scum Nº1 and can win D-3 with a simple guiding strategy.
d2)Scum Nº2 doesn't hammer Scum Nº1 but somehow helps to vote again his scumpartner. He then can win with another guiding strategy.
d3) Scum Nº2 doesn't hammer Scum Nº1 and he even defends him. He then can win with "I really thought he was town" argument.

There are a lot of subpossiblities here in item e. The point is that even if we lynch right today, D-3 is going to be tough unless we have a lot of input here in D-2. I'm sure Rishi is scum but I still don't know who is his scumpartner. Probably Spurg, I dont know yet. So, Xyl, what town needs is to gather information now that I think town has the little advantage of having discovered one of the
mafiosos
. Every little reaction has to be analysed.

BTW, Merry Xmas gamers.
<3
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:08 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

Im not going to vote until i re read the last few pages, since it is very possible that Cepi and Xyl could be partners, and Cepi is just waiting for another vote to hammer Rishi. I do want to hear something from Rishi, as well as Spurg. I am convinced however, that one of the scum is probably Cepi or Rishi.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

-- Rose Nadler, 'Through the Looking Glass' (Lost)
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:11 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

EBWOP:

I dont get the scum vibes i get from Cepi and Rishi from Xyl, but i still feel it is possible that Cepi and Xyl could be working together.... Discuss.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:13 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

Ok, re-read the past few pages, and i have decided that my vote will go:

Vote: Rishi

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:57 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

Unvote

I was just thinking about something... Maybe Xyl voted Cepi because he is scum and doesnt want to appear that way, hoping to sway my vote against Cepi so either Spurg or Rishi can lynch... i wonder... i have a lot to think about tonight. You might say i feel slightly paranoid and suspicious of all of you. Maybe im just overthinking it, but you never know exactly...

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:11 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

Even though i feel it might be wrong, i think im going to
Vote: Rishi
again, only because Cepi seems to make some valid points on the last page, while Rishi contradicts himself a lot. Sorry for the indecisiveness in these past few posts.

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:19 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

Unvote

Vote: Cepi

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

reason for voting cepi: been my gut for a while, and quite frankly, im really sick of this particular game.

spurgistan
spurgistan
Goon
spurgistan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:22 am

Post by spurgistan »

Sorry to check in like this, had been working on a few big posts, but
Vote: Cepi
spurgistan
spurgistan
Goon
spurgistan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:24 am

Post by spurgistan »

Merry Christmas.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:05 am

Post by Rishi »

Twilight. The quickness of those two votes worries me.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
spurgistan
spurgistan
Goon
spurgistan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:13 am

Post by spurgistan »

Naw, that's game.
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:48 am

Post by Dean Harper »

so whos scum? you and Xyl?

spurgistan
spurgistan
Goon
spurgistan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:52 am

Post by spurgistan »

Good call. That was kind of an ugly game, but regardless, good game Xylthixlm.
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:05 am

Post by Dean Harper »

wow, Xyl did a REALLY good job of blending in as a protown player, and, spurg, i guess lurking is a really good strategy sometimes.

Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:10 am

Post by Rishi »

I'll wait until JDodge posts the ending before giving my complete post-game comments.

But I suspected that perhaps cepi was letting the scum slip away by attacking me, which I pointed out. But when cepi would not let up, it made me believe he was scum.

I think spurg did a really good job buddying up to me while Xyl buddied up to cepi.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:16 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

I go away for 2 days for Christmas, come back, and the game is over!

Happy holidays and good game all.

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:41 am

Post by JDodge »

End-of-Game Vote Count:

cepi (3) - (Rishi, Dean Harper, spurgistan)
Rishi (1) - (Xylthixlm)

Not Voting (1) - cepi

You rush cepi up to the gallows.

2 gunshots. Rishi falls from the platform with the gallows, and lands directly atop the now-dead body of Dean Harper.

cepi lets out a scream, but it is too late. Xylthixlm pushes him off of the platform, in the process knocking the doctor's stethoscope off of his neck. spurgistan catches it, and throws it into the garbage can. The town was theirs.

Xylthixlm and spurgistan, mafia, win!

cepi,
doctor
, lynched D2
Rishi and Dean Harper,
townies
, endgamed

N1 choices

cepi protects Xylthixlm
Mafia kills Mispeled
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:19 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Many thanks to our mod, and to all the players for a fun game.

My huge argument with DH on day 1 was obviously faked on my part; I was hoping it would lead to the assumption that both of us were town, and it worked. The biggest problem was stopping it, which I almost flubbed. After that I mostly just sat and let the town self-destruct for the rest of the game. The updated scumminess list I promised never appeared because either I would need to come up with bogus arguments for calling townies scummy, or it would have attracted attention to spurgistan.

Rishi's comment about me and spurg lurking our way to the win was eerily prescient. Fortunately he didn't seem to take his own idea seriously...

I had a brief panic attack in the middle of day 2 when I thought Dean Harper might be the cop; his headlong rush into night on day 1 made me think he might have a night ability he was eager to use, and his sudden change in play style worried me. I looked at his posts and realized he didn't seem to have anyone cleared, so my comment about Mispeled being town was fishing to see if he was cop with innocent on the dead guy.

My argument to Rishi that he should be pushing me instead of cepi was sincere, possibly even correct, and offered with a high confidence that he wouldn't do it.

My biggest worry near the end of day 2, before Rishi's vote, was that no matter which of Rishi or cepi you thought was scum spurgistan was a logical scumpartner. In that situation spurg was arguably the best lynch, even though he wasn't acting particularly scummy himself.

Spurgistan and I had a quick-lynch protocol set up for when someone voted, but our schedules never met. I decided putting a second vote on cepi would be too risky - Rishi is smart and might unvote - so I voted Rishi and tried to get cepi to follow.

I'm happy to see that the doc protected me; in IRC games I have an uncanny tendency to die night 1. This game I was scum, but it's still nice to be protected. :)

cepi
cepi
Townie
cepi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:24 am

Post by cepi »

Awesome, Xyl you impress me. GG. Spurg, I knew it since the beginning. Blame my newbiness, an impatitent IC, and a bored townie.

General thoughts:

This game was practically lost when Rishi voted me. Rishi, I don't know if u can take in count a newbie advice but read : "If you are townie don't vote until you are 100% sure someone is scum. Town weapons are the posts : if we have more posts then we can have more possibilities of winning"

Xyl u really did a good job and had a bit of luck in this game. For me, u were the less supicious of all the four players. U posted some good analysis which made me think u were the less possible mafioso but again u had luck when Rishi and Dean Harper started acting really really odd.

Spurg, I guess lurking and posting some guiding ideas are nice strategies for scum. I kinda feel good because I knew u were scum after that Rishi vote. GG.

And DH. Well, boy, you are strange. I was correct in saving you in D-1 but then u started to act really really antitownie. You can't have a tunnel vision in someone and stop analysing all other players, like u did with me. I kinda did it, as Rishi noted, but I never stoped suspecting the other three players. When this game started to bore you, the best thing u could have done was ask for a replacement and NEVER vote me or even Rishi.

Well, about me, I find this game extremely addicitve. I made a lot of mistakes, but what can u expect? I think I did a pretty god job for my first game and I hope u all gamers had the blast I did.
<3

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”