mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:23 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2006, Nero Cain wrote:
Pine would only make sense as a bus if scum are powerful!
, she yells. Which ignores the whole point that Pine would get a major assload of heat as soon as he joined the RK without getting invited. B/c why the fuck would
TOWN
do that? Woman please.
Okay.
I 'bussed' Pine D1.
Pine entered the crew N1.

How does that work on your timeline?

It doesn't.
What's to stop Pine from having been a part of the crew?
What's to stop scum other than Pine from having been a part of the crew?

With the benefit of hindsight, that is, knowing who the crew picked was, you can safely assume the picked crew T1 was all town, yes.
But that's only with the benefit of hindsight, knowing Pine forcefully joined the crew N1.

In other words: saying I knew Pine would join the crew N1 and thus bussed him D1 doesn't work as an explanation, because on D1 I would have no way of knowing that action would be needed.

Basically, you've got a chronology problem on hand.
It wasn't: The crew was picked-->No scum were on the screw, thus Pine joined-->This made Pine suspicious, so I bussed.
It was: I went after Pine-->the crew was picked-->no scum were on the crew, thus Pine joined-->I continued pushing Pine, following through from D1 with new information strengthening a read that already existed.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:23 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2011, Nero Cain wrote:I could dig a Molla/Mastin/Titus team.
So help me bus Molla by voting him!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2024, mastina wrote:Because you've not once explained your scumread on me, so.
II've been extremely vocal about my stance that I think its entirely possible that you were bussing Pine as well as other things such as going after low hanging fruit Aero so no.
In post 2024, mastina wrote:...Assuming he got caught using it, which last I checked, scum try not to do.
wait really?

He had a role where he publicly joined the hood. Like there's no way he'd not get caught unless he just accidently posted or something.

@someone one from the RK, was it publicly announced that Pine joined the crew?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:24 pm

Post by Heartless »

yes
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:25 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

scum push thier buddies all the damn time. You aren't new Mastin so please stop pretending like you are.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:26 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2013, Heartless wrote:
In post 2010, mastina wrote:In fact, half the game didn't even want you to claim your abilities.
is this a fact or an alternative fact?
I don't think the whole game weighed in, but I did approximate off of what was there.

I wouldn't have wanted Molla to claim the abilities (though I'm glad he did), Titus didn't want that, two of the strongest personalities didn't want it, so it's therefore a fair bet that about half of the game didn't want it. How many requests for Molla to claim were there? Three? There's about as much data saying people wanted him to claim as there is people wanting him to not claim, ergo, half.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:27 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2015, Infinity 324 wrote:If it's such an obvious scum role, WHY THE FUCK would molla claim it AFTER being vanillaized?
"If it's such an obvious scum ability, why the FUCK would Pine use it?"

...Yeah. I rest my case.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2025, mastina wrote:In other words: saying I knew Pine would join the crew N1 and thus bussed him D1 doesn't work as an explanation, because on D1 I would have no way of knowing that action would be needed.
You pushed Pine b/c you knew that as soon as he used his power there'd be major heat on said slot and a chance he gets lynched.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:33 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2019, Infinity 324 wrote:Why did nacho die after implying he'd defend molla?
You're reading too much into that one aspect of Nacho's iso.

Simple as that.

Nacho being killed isn't a holy bible where suddenly everything he said is the gospel.

Nacho being killed is the product of a Pine-led scumteam. (For what it's worth, the Desperado kill wasn't really a Pine-type kill, so that wasn't something Pine orchestrated in advance. Might mean scum lack daychat, because if Pine were able to tell his scumteam who to kill, he probably would, and I'm saying Desperado is not who he'd pick, so there was an obvious change in leadership. Too early to tell who led off of just the one kill, though.)

Nothing more, and nothing less.

Nacho could have named the entire scumteam.
Nacho could have called the entire scumteam town.
Nacho could have mentioned absolutely nothing about any member of the scumteam.

Pine would've still killed Nacho no matter what. Nacho, with Pine as scum, was dead N1,
period
. So fuck your flawed speculation of an idea which would never cross Pine's mind. He wouldn't care about that. It wouldn't factor in. At all. Zero percent.

If you want to go call Molla town for some other flawed reasoning, be my guest, but he's scum.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:36 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2023, Nero Cain wrote:Talk to me about Titus, Mastin?
I see nothing which makes her scum, I like what others are saying about her being town, I had her as a townread though admittedly I don't recall the reasons, and I have around the right number of scumreads without her, so between all those factors, I'd say she's got a fairly high chance of being town.

She's in the lower percentile of town though. While I see nothing from her that's scum, there's only bits and pieces which I'd call truly town.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:37 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2031, mastina wrote:"If it's such an obvious scum ability, why the FUCK would Pine use it?"

...Yeah. I rest my case.
scum needed the information of what the Crew was doing. Like all this is really self explanatory and I can't fathom town you would be having such a hard time understanding this. I mean obviously you are going to defend yourself but the whole push on Pine with zero reasoning, who just happens to have a role the gets him scumread and likely lynched makes perfect sense as scum using his role for the information and salvaging some town cred off his sacrifice.

These "It makes no sense for me to push him d1 and him to use his power on n1" and "scum need to be powerful for a bus" just seem like excuses.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:38 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2034, mastina wrote:
In post 2023, Nero Cain wrote:Talk to me about Titus, Mastin?
I see nothing which makes her scum, I like what others are saying about her being town, I had her as a townread though admittedly I don't recall the reasons, and I have around the right number of scumreads without her, so between all those factors, I'd say she's got a fairly high chance of being town.

She's in the lower percentile of town though. While I see nothing from her that's scum, there's only bits and pieces which I'd call truly town.
So...you think Molla is scum but you don't think Titus is a possible scumbuddy when she was against him claiming. ok why?

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:41 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2027, Nero Cain wrote:I've been extremely vocal about my stance that I think its entirely possible that you were bussing Pine as well as other things such as going after low hanging fruit Aero so no.
Yeah. And I was extremely vocal about my stance that I thought Pine was scum as well as other things such as his ability among others.

We could continue comparing egos all game if you'd like, or you can acknowledge that my approach to scumreads has been basically identical to your own, and instead focus on actually lynching scum. Like a common scumread. You know. Like BBMolla.
wait really?
I was referring to Pine's vanillaize power.
Joining the crew might've been egregious, but they had successfully managed to talk out of it prior to Drunken Piper's guilty claim. They had virtually no wagon on them. So I'd say, yes. They intended to not get caught. They used a scummy power, but they almost got AWAY with using said scummy power. A vanillaize would be...a bit harder to justify.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:43 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2029, Nero Cain wrote:scum push thier buddies all the damn time. You aren't new Mastin so please stop pretending like you are.
And if you legit, seriously think that I, of all people.
Playing with fucking PINE. Of all people.
Choose to bus him.

You can go fuck yourself.

It'd never happen.

EVER.

You know how strongly I am against bussing.
You also know my player relationship with Pine. How close we are. How he was my first frenemy. How we love playing with each other and would love to be together.

So seriously.

Fuck. off.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:46 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2035, Nero Cain wrote:scum needed the information of what the Crew was doing.
Yes, I know.
I said this yesterday.
Were you reading my posts?
In fact, were you reading the post you quoted? Because that was my fucking point.

Yesterday, there was a strong movement of people who were writing off Pine using the ability, because surely, it was an ability SO scummy that no scum would actually use.

I laid out explicitly EXACTLY why they would use it.

It's right there in my fucking posts, and you're acting like I never said a word of it.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:47 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1921, Heartless wrote:
In post 1901, BBmolla wrote:Plus I could choose someone and they would create a PT with me if they died and could kee ptalking to me
what's the quote that goes w this?
special ability name? memory banks
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:47 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 2031, mastina wrote:
In post 2015, Infinity 324 wrote:If it's such an obvious scum role, WHY THE FUCK would molla claim it AFTER being vanillaized?
"If it's such an obvious scum ability, why the FUCK would Pine use it?"

...Yeah. I rest my case.
i think his point was that the claim doesn't look like it's calculated to get towncred
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:49 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2036, Nero Cain wrote:So...you think Molla is scum but you don't think Titus is a possible scumbuddy when she was against him claiming. ok why?
Because if Titus were scum, then she would have had last night (N2) if not N1 to tell Molla NOT to claim, for a start. (Assuming no daychat here. If there's daychat, it becomes painfully simple: Titus would just tell Molla in the scum PT NOT to claim, and that would be that. Nothing more to it. This is really self-explanatory, and I don't understand how you WOULDN'T get this.)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:49 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2037, mastina wrote:Yeah.
So you knew what my reasoning was but you also say "Because you've not once explained your scumread on me, so." Its like you are just saying things to kick the can down the road.
In post 2037, mastina wrote:And I was extremely vocal about my stance that I thought Pine was scum as well as other things such as his ability among others.
ok, can you please LINK me to your reasoning for Pine scum from d1. Keep in mind that "trust me" or any other form of that is
NOT
reasoning.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:50 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2041, Heartless wrote:i think his point was that the claim doesn't look like it's calculated to get towncred
The roleclaim itself, sure, not for towncred.

The claim to be vanillaized, on the other hand...
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:51 pm

Post by BBmolla »

if I was scum the most beneficial thing to claim today would have been VT
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:51 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Mastin, you think Titus is one of the bigger personalities in this game. What do you think of her being so low key?

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:52 pm

Post by BBmolla »

would I do a gambit like that and claim vanillaized as scum? ya probably

but I would do it in a way that sets me up to look good post-pine flip and I'd probably even try to bus him

I mean idk it's all hypothetical, my play is much more calculated as scum and you've seen that mastin. as town I just kind of fumble
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:55 pm

Post by BBmolla »

not to mention, if I was doing all the sort of shit you're accusing me of I'd be more invested. I was fucking psyched to have a perma qt with nach because it would actually get me into this game.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2042, mastina wrote:Titus would just tell Molla in the scum PT NOT to claim, and that would be that. Nothing more to it. This is really self-explanatory, and I don't understand how you WOULDN'T get this.)
Thing is, if Molla doesn't claim its putting a huge amount of pressure on him and I don't think Titus would ever do that.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”