Post by Infinitive »

Vote Count

Thanatos (3)
- Gorgon, VampyreLord, Infinitive
Dark_Lady_Shaiann (2) - Disciple Slayer, charter
Infinitive (2) - Nudude, Thanatos

Not Voting (2) - liamcool, Dark_Lady_Shaiann

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Nudude wrote: I think your rushing to get to the nightphase. It's just a hunch (emphasis on hunch), but I think it's because your getting impatient and want to use your night powers......serial killer.
Lolwaffles. I wish. I've actually never played a Mafia game where I've had a power role. You'd think I could at least snag a Mason position in a game somewhere... Oh well.

In regards to the rest of your post, Nudude, you can believe what you like. I've explained that post before, and you all felt on day 1 that my explanation was satisfactory. By no stretch of the imagination could my vote on D2 be thought of as a hammer vote; that being the case, is it more likely the case that I'm tired and distracted, and made the same mistake twice, or that I did two completely different things with the same motive?

And one further thing- at that point, I was NOWHERE near a lynch. I said what I said, as I explained, because in that post, that I'd had a terrible weekend and was expecting the worst, just to go hand-in-hand with everything else.

Goddamn Slaying arrows and Fatespinners.
Ha! I'm being snarky and condescending to you on an internet forum! Take that, some guy I'll never meet!
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:22 pm

Post by Nudude »

Just wondering if anyone was going to post any investigative information they've found, or is everyone just counting on me to post what I think about DS to keep us from a deadline?
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:27 pm

Post by Nudude »

Oh and on a personal note,

Infinitive, make sure you always always always have some form of immunity to death magic, slaying arrows aren't so scary when you have that and all those fort/will save or die spells become useless.

Having said that, it was a pretty cheesy combo you went up against.
Your absolutely right, I am crazy. I just got bored of normal, I'm harmless really =D
Infinitive
Infinitive
Goon
Infinitive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:33 pm

Post by Infinitive »

Yeah, I know that now. I rarely play at high levels, and as such was unaware of the sheer, broken ownenation that save-or-die spells bring to the table. I'm really kind of looking forward to 4th edition- all that crap is officially gone.

And when I build for my own characters, I always pick up a Scarab of Protection. 20K, protects you from 20(!) death attacks, and gives you a crappy SR to boot! Can't complain about that.

Still, that protection wouldn't have done the trick against the Baleful Polymorph that made Old Wicked the lolcat.
Ha! I'm being snarky and condescending to you on an internet forum! Take that, some guy I'll never meet!
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:28 pm

Post by Dark_Lady_Shaiann »

Wait.....what are you two talking about?
Numenorean7
Numenorean7
Goon
Numenorean7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:03 pm

Post by Numenorean7 »

Infinitive wrote:Mod: Can we get confirmation that I voted before you updated the votecount, please? Thank you.
That is correct. However, please note that a votecount only counts votes up to the end of the previous page. It is your responsibility, when voting, to keep track of any votes made since then.
Political Correctness offends me.
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:36 pm

Post by Nudude »

Dungeons and Dragons.

ROLECLAIM: Geek =)
Your absolutely right, I am crazy. I just got bored of normal, I'm harmless really =D
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:31 pm

Post by liamcool »

Hey guys, unfortunately, I'll be forced to go on holidays from late Saturday night (AEDT - GMT +11), for about a week or so (don't know at this time). So if something happens, that's cool, I don't mind.
we cry under the sheltering sky
Infinitive
Infinitive
Goon
Infinitive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:39 am

Post by Infinitive »

Because I love image macros far too much:

And I'll do my best, Num. This month has been Hell for me.
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:13 am

Post by Nudude »

MOD: can we get a prod for Disciple Slayer and charter?
Infinitive
Infinitive
Goon
Infinitive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:48 am

Post by Infinitive »

And, for those of you who care, regarding my car troubles:

I just sealed the deal today, and I'll be picking it up on Thursday. Got it for almost $2 grand below blue book.

YAY!
Numenorean7
Numenorean7
Goon
Numenorean7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:55 am

Post by Numenorean7 »

Prodded charter, Disciple Slayer, and VampyreLord.
Political Correctness offends me.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:54 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Nudude: Doesn't anyone just play normal classes any mores. I happen to like my Druid.
Never forget...you are Mortal.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:55 pm

Post by Thanatos »

I'll get my PBPA up tomorrow. I just got home.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:10 pm

Post by Dark_Lady_Shaiann »

Yeah....I'm more of a World of Warcraft girl myself. Almost started playing D'n'D, but the group I was going to play with disbanded right after I made my character >_<
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:49 am

Post by Nudude »

I'm sorry but this skating off topic will have to last just a little longer =).

I quite enjoy WOW as well. I have an alliance toon on Frostmourne and a horde toon on Thaurissan. I wasn't a fan of the DnD online game either, I prefer the table top version.

How about you guys?
Infinitive
Infinitive
Goon
Infinitive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:53 am

Post by Infinitive »

I used to raid hardcore on WoW- I was main tank for my server's #3 raiding guild for the better part of a year. It was wild fun.

Then BC came out, and being level 70 was exactly the same as being level 60, except without the big guild comraderie. I got bored with Molten Corhazan (same damn instance, just a different resist type req'd), and quit. Kind of looking forward to the Jumpgate: Evolution beta though. That game looks sweet.

Now, back on topic, discussion seems to have stalled for d2 here. What do you guys want to do? I'm going to stand by my vote, as Than seems, to me, to be the scummiest guy that hasn't been cleared by a copclaim.

Maybe it's just me, but I think it's time to look seriously at what our best bet, as town, is.
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:04 am

Post by Disciple Slayer »

Posting after Christmas.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l........[color=red]O[/color]..........
l........[color=red]/l\[/color].........
l........[color=red]/\[/color]......... /OUT on all my current games
l......................
===________
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:05 am

Post by Thanatos »

Infinitive wrote:I used to raid hardcore on WoW- I was main tank for my server's #3 raiding guild for the better part of a year. It was wild fun.

Then BC came out, and being level 70 was exactly the same as being level 60, except without the big guild comraderie. I got bored with Molten Corhazan (same damn instance, just a different resist type req'd), and quit. Kind of looking forward to the Jumpgate: Evolution beta though. That game looks sweet.

Now, back on topic, discussion seems to have stalled for d2 here. What do you guys want to do? I'm going to stand by my vote, as Than seems, to me, to be the scummiest guy that hasn't been cleared by a copclaim.

Maybe it's just me, but I think it's time to look seriously at what our best bet, as town, is.
I'll be posting my complete PBPA of DLS tonight. Let's see what comes from that.

And I play wow too. My only serious character is a level 64 Druid on Lightning blade, Fomerly of Nazjatar.
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:04 pm

Post by Nudude »

Disciple Slayer wrote:Posting will commence on the 18th. I've got a busy weekend and a flight immediately after.
Then
Disciple Slayer wrote:Posting after Christmas.
It could be for legitimate reasons, or it could be he's trying to use IRL excuses to avoid getting lynched. We aren't going to lynch someone who's had a reasonable chance to defend themselves. I'm not saying we SHOULD, but I think we should put off lynching untill after we've had a good chance to hear more from him.

In the meantime, no reason we can't continue discussing things.

Infinitive, your pushing for a lynch, when I don't feel we really have had a look at some very important facts, namely:

-DS comes out all guns blazing D2, then drops of the face of the Earth as we all point fingers at each other. It works very well on newbie townies, but I think we're all intelligent people.

-charter seems to have also dropped off the face of the Earth. I want to see if he gets replaced, and if so I want to have a chat to his replacement.

-Gorgon has been very inactive as well, and in fact when I pointed this out he attacked me for, essentialy, being suspicious of lurkers. That is extremely suspicious to me, because we all know that lurking is bad for town no matter how you spin it. I want to put some pressure on him so I can hear from from him, so
VOTE: Gorgon

-Infinitive seems to be leaning toward a lynch. It could simply be he wants to get on with the game, or he could be scum. You even described lynching Thanatos as our "Best bet". Maybe, maybe not, but I want to push the odds in town's favour as much as we can be we throw the dice, and it seems we've got yet to do that, so
HOS: Infinitve
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:10 pm

Post by liamcool »

Nudude wrote:
Disciple Slayer wrote:Posting will commence on the 18th. I've got a busy weekend and a flight immediately after.
Then
Disciple Slayer wrote:Posting after Christmas.
It could be for legitimate reasons, or it could be he's trying to use IRL excuses to avoid getting lynched. We aren't going to lynch someone who's had a reasonable chance to defend themselves. I'm not saying we SHOULD, but I think we should put off lynching untill after we've had a good chance to hear more from him.

In the meantime, no reason we can't continue discussing things.

Infinitive, your pushing for a lynch, when I don't feel we really have had a look at some very important facts, namely:

-DS comes out all guns blazing D2, then drops of the face of the Earth as we all point fingers at each other. It works very well on newbie townies, but I think we're all intelligent people.

-charter seems to have also dropped off the face of the Earth. I want to see if he gets replaced, and if so I want to have a chat to his replacement.

-Gorgon has been very inactive as well, and in fact when I pointed this out he attacked me for, essentialy, being suspicious of lurkers. That is extremely suspicious to me, because we all know that lurking is bad for town no matter how you spin it. I want to put some pressure on him so I can hear from from him, so
VOTE: Gorgon

-Infinitive seems to be leaning toward a lynch. It could simply be he wants to get on with the game, or he could be scum. You even described lynching Thanatos as our "Best bet". Maybe, maybe not, but I want to push the odds in town's favour as much as we can be we throw the dice, and it seems we've got yet to do that, so
HOS: Infinitve
Nudude brings up a good point with charter and Gorgon - they seemed to agree a lot on points before and now have both practically fallen off the planet at the same time.
Infinitive
Infinitive
Goon
Infinitive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:08 pm

Post by Infinitive »

Interesting point Re: Charter and Gorgon. Neither has really been investigated thusfar, so that would be eludicating. I still don't get much of a scummy read off of either, but maybe that's just because they're good scum players.

And as for wanting to move to lynch? Well, to put it simply, we've been in day 2 for over a month, and nothing new has been revealed in the last week. Stagnation, to me, means it's time to shake things up somehow. The best way for the town to change things in this game is to lynch. That being said, I still stand by my reasoning regarding Thanatos as a potential lynchee. Convince me otherwise.
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:13 am

Post by Nudude »

Infinitive wrote:Interesting point Re: Charter and Gorgon. Neither has really been investigated thusfar, so that would be eludicating. I still don't get much of a scummy read off of either, but maybe that's just because they're good scum players.

And as for wanting to move to lynch? Well, to put it simply, we've been in day 2 for over a month, and nothing new has been revealed in the last week. Stagnation, to me, means it's time to shake things up somehow. The best way for the town to change things in this game is to lynch. That being said, I still stand by my reasoning regarding Thanatos as a potential lynchee. Convince me otherwise.
Thanatos may seem a like a good canidate because we've had a look at the things he's said, and had a chance to form a conclusion.

Other players may seem less like scum because they have said very little. It's hard to consider someone scummy when they haven't done anything that seems scummy.

HOWEVER

If they have done very little, then there's very little reason to think they're scummy. It is so very easy for a scum player to sit back and watch town point fingers at each other.

You counter this by forcing the players sitting back to interact. The increased activity gives us more information to go on, and gives us a better indication if they're scum or not.
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:25 am

Post by Nudude »

For the record, I have no problem lynching Gorgon or DS for lurking, or charter if he picks up his prod.

The reason for this is we have to decide wether or not we are content having people just sitting back, only popping in every now and again making comments.

If we decide it's ok, which is what we're doing now, then scum can just sit back and win the game by not doing anything at all as townies argue and lynch each other.

If we refuse to accept, scum are forced to parcipate, and thus potentially out themselves.

I'm not ok with people lurking, so I say if your going to lurk, I'm going to push for lynching you. I'm not going to hand scum an easy win.
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:30 pm

Post by liamcool »

In fact, I'm gonna try and speed this up with a pressure vote, just to get information.

Vote: Gorgon

If you can contribute, I'll take this off.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”