Newbie 1768: Party Mafia - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:14 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Prodding GL
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon
Location: Land of the meanies but also the home of the porkroll.

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:06 pm

Post by EccentricLemon »

Titus, I appreciate the honesty in that post. I think you got a little too frustrated before. I hope we can clear up some stuff that was said before, both on my part and on yours.

A lot of personal stuff has come up lately, so I'll be posting a bit less from now on. Sorry guys.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:04 am

Post by Titus »

In post 801, EccentricLemon wrote:Titus, I appreciate the honesty in that post. I think you got a little too frustrated before. I hope we can clear up some stuff that was said before, both on my part and on yours.

A lot of personal stuff has come up lately, so I'll be posting a bit less from now on. Sorry guys.
This is the kind of post I am talking about. Why is EL supposing his scumread is honest?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:22 am

Post by tojam2 »

In post 791, Agent Sparkles wrote:
In post 788, Titus wrote:Hey, I'm going to highlight the obvious here and move back to EL in case it's EL/SS.

SS has said lynch GL/Titus/Revan in any order, yet doesn't provide content on me and is attempting to divert attention. It looks like SS wants it both ways. I suspected Titus too but she was town, so let's follow her reads. Flip GL. Town loses.

VOTE: EL
1) This is only a plausible theory if you're town, which I really doubt at this point.
2) Assuming that I'm wrong: If Sobolev wanted to blindly follow a dead townie's reads and lynch GL, why did she move GL to a townread after nancy called GL out as definite scum? And what happened to this?
In post 712, Titus wrote:I am not voting anyone but those two. Period.
Tojam, what about the ones that Titus has been giving? Are her "shading nancy" and "you tricked them" comments less scummy?
@EL has tried to make this personal with me, even though 8/9 times you run my claim through a simulator I'd turn out town
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:23 am

Post by tojam2 »

Of course, if EL is town, all eyes on Titus.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:45 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

VOTE: Titus

It's < 2 days until deadline y'all can we please just get a lynch on Titus or Revan.

EL is looking like the only other option and, while I'd rather not, I'll hammer EL if we get right to deadline with no other wagons at L-1
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:37 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 779, Sobolev Space wrote:@GL - the general abstract case. I just haven't seen many references to Revan in your posts and wanted to know what you thought of the discussion.
I do have a scumread on Revan, but it is tremendously outweighed by my scumread on Titus. I still find his walkback of "Titus is scum" to "I had no read on Titus and was just testing her!" to be hard to believe. I've also been waiting to see him vote today but he's been avoiding making a commitment all Day - this is scummy for the same reasons I pushed Sparkles on it as well.

Also, I find it scummy that bowdown was in his townblock but now he's casting shade on you as soon as you call him out. That's an act of self-preservation, not of working with townreads to direct their attention onto your scumreads.

I'll move to Revan if the Titus lynch isn't possible and he continues to avoid committing to any firm stances. We're kind of in an impasse right now, Revan absolutely needs to vote or else someone else needs to budge off of one of their wagons.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:46 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

revisiting Revan's ISO reads like a Titus partner trying to surf on the tides of town opinion and hoping not to commit to scumreading and pushing her lynch. It's probably just Titus-Revan
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:50 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

^^

It's like we're mind melding here GL. This is exactly what I was thinking.
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:56 pm

Post by Revan »

GL why do you think it is more likely that I had a scumread on Titus than not having a read?
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak to Revan
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:58 pm

Post by Revan »

VOTE: EL

I think this has a higher chance of being scum than Titus
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak to Revan
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:41 pm

Post by EccentricLemon »

In post 679, Revan wrote:You've made one post about EL's phrasing. I don't think you realize the reason you can't convince people to join you on EL is because you're not making a case.
What's changed between now and then?
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:06 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

VOTE: Revan
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:11 pm

Post by tojam2 »

@EccentricLemon is at L-1
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:04 am

Post by Revan »

I agreed with Titus's case.
―Darth Malak to Revan
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:11 am

Post by Agent Sparkles »

Revan and Lemon are worth looking into, but I think Titus is the most likely mafia at this point. It makes zero sense for an SE to go spouting some of the stuff that she has and then get frustrated at people for not believeing her. I just can't imagine any scenario where the way she's playing would be sensible town play. Also, she never responded to GL's request to highlight where he tricked the others.

UNVOTE:

Titus and Lemon are both at L-1
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:31 am

Post by tojam2 »

Who's not voting for either?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:41 am

Post by Titus »

In post 815, Agent Sparkles wrote:Revan and Lemon are worth looking into, but I think Titus is the most likely mafia at this point. It makes zero sense for an SE to go spouting some of the stuff that she has and then get frustrated at people for not believeing her. I just can't imagine any scenario where the way she's playing would be sensible town play. Also, she never responded to GL's request to highlight where he tricked the others.

UNVOTE:

Titus and Lemon are both at L-1
You cannot believe that I would not be frustrated with people for not getting with the program?

Or do you just not want to reevaluate your EL read?

EL has had counters with Revan, me and Nancy. All of us are town. At some point, you have to accept that you are wrong.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:22 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

Intent to hammer Titus

Unless there are any significant changes or Titus gives a very convincing defense I'll be back in 12 hours to hammer.
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:05 am

Post by EccentricLemon »

In post 817, Titus wrote:Revan, me and Nancy. All of us are town. At some point, you have to accept that you are wrong.
There is definitely no certainty that Revan or you are town, and this is definitely not something a town would say. I really don't like this certainty of alignment. The only person that is proven town out of this list is nancy and the only person that would make this kind of statement is a scum convinced of the towniness of the players around them and trying to lump themselves into the same category.
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:30 am

Post by EccentricLemon »

I also didn't have any counters with nancy. Jae had a townread on me, and they were proven town.

You basically came into the game trying to get me up, and I didn't start pushing you until D2 began. If you decide to use my #119 against me, think again, because as a result of that post I voted Tojam, and my vote was parked on him for quite a bit. I didn't vote you up once until D2.
I'd also like to point out that you never had any reads on nancy but when it became clear that nancy was dead, you suddenly jumped on:
In post 565, Titus wrote: I'd bet my game life on Nancy being town ftr.
GL hammered the post after.

The only time you voted for anyone else but me was fairly recently, and that was GL, who you've also been pushing since D1 along with me.

If that doesn't scream scum, I don't know what does.
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:54 am

Post by EccentricLemon »

I feel like Titus' insults are also a poor attempt to seem like frustrated town.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 819, EccentricLemon wrote:
In post 817, Titus wrote:Revan, me and Nancy. All of us are town. At some point, you have to accept that you are wrong.
There is definitely no certainty that Revan or you are town, and this is definitely not something a town would say. I really don't like this certainty of alignment. The only person that is proven town out of this list is nancy and the only person that would make this kind of statement is a scum convinced of the towniness of the players around them and trying to lump themselves into the same category.
Tldr of these two posts.

I hate your scumpool. Die town Die.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by Titus »

Town solving the game should result in more certainty, not less. If your IC was here, they'd tell you that. You shot her though.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:42 pm

Post by Titus »

The absolute pool is EL with GL or SS. That's just proven by wagon behavior. If we don't break them up, that will be the endgame.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”