Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2650 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:06 pm

Post by Pine »

Sleep time for the tree.

This jam session was less productive than the last, but that's okay.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2651 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:37 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

off too

pasta and sleep, I hope
balance among all things
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2652 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:36 am

Post by gerryoat »

In post 2504, gerryoat wrote:
In post 2483, MariaR wrote:
In post 2481, gerryoat wrote:
In post 2467, MariaR wrote:VOTE: Gerry
Creature's prob town
lol. why am i maf. you out of everyone should know that's how i react as town
oh I know.
so why am i maf
@maria still waiting
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2653 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:30 am

Post by Tammy »

Thanks for the invite! Last night I decided to replay FFVII again and I was all about trying to get Cloud and Barrett to go on a date.

So here's the thing Andy. I don't care that you thought my tone was off. People think my tone is off quite often in the beginning of the game, even people who think they have a handle on my tone. Even people who see me repeatedly start the game the same way go hey you're off here. All I can say to that is you're wrong and maybe explain where they're probably going wrong as I can usually figure out what irks them. I didn't care when Arthur thought I was off in the beginning of the game because Arthur thinks I'm off all the time in the beginning of the game. When we first started playing together he'd tunnel me quite often day one and then day two realize I was town. What concerned me was that he wasn't interacting with me to get that read solved when he's not been shy about telling me what's wrong with me in the past. Though we haven't played together for over two years so expectations there might be somewhat off.

For the moist thing. So from what I'm gathering your theory was that scum would participate in the moist mini game as a way to have something to do and blend in early, so you were looking for that. If that's what your theory was, that makes sense, and if you had said that's what your theory was in regards to me, I'd have understood having a theory about behavior and looking for that. In fact, I'd have probably thought that looked somewhat town as it sounds similar to theories of behavior I've had before about certain stuff, but it wasn't presented as that until yesterday. I can't know you have some theory that isn't what you actually said in thread while deflecting some concern I had on you.

If I'd heard that, well not much else I can say except you're wrong there too. I just thought it was amusing as hell. I was happy to draw town in a player list I was looking forward to playing with, especially with a few players I was happy came back that I haven't played with in forever.

I don't need to blend in as scum though. I know that I talk about how much I hate scum and that I suck at it, but people get why and what that means about my scum game so so wrong. I don't hate scum because I'm scared to post, don't know what to do, am afraid of getting lynched, think it's boring, or any other manner of things people think that means. I hate scum for one simple reason. It makes me feel bad. I routinely melt down to mods while playing because I feel horrible when people town read me when I'm scum. I feel horrible pushing mislynches on people, especially when they're not doing anything wrong because I feel like I'm hurting them. (This is probably in part why I'm so careful about my reads even as town because I want to get things right and read people right, but it doesn't make me feel so bad when I mislynch people as town unless I overlooked things I shouldn't have because it's just an honest mistake I'm making. That and I'm literally the most indecisive person in the world.) I do what I'm supposed to do because it's a game and there's a win con and a team depending on me, and the team depending on me is the only thing that overcomes all the crap that I feel when scum. But it's draining. I play this game to figure out the puzzle, and I prefer finding other town to work with to work out that puzzle.

But that's why I hate playing scum, it's how it makes me feel as a person. I know this is silly, plenty of people have told me it's silly, and sometimes I'm able to kind of numb that out and not let it bother me. I don't need to blend in by playing some silly game. I don't need to rush in here and interact with a bunch of people before they suspect me. I don't need to do anything but play the game. If I had drawn scum here, I might have opened the same way. I might have still played the moist mini game because it amused me as a person, not for any need to blend in. Not really sure what I would have done.

~~~

I've got to head out. I'm quite frankly not sure who I want to lynch. I do not like how cagey gerry is being about his role and I have a really really hard time believing his role is as he's saying it is. He is not seeking masons with someone else, he already said that that person would not be confirmed town to him just the wording makes it sound 99% sure. Well I have no faith in crap like that because I've seen too many people misread/misrep what their role pm leads them to believe. Besides that there are not seeking masons in this game. If there is something where there is a confirmed town to someone else person in this game then there is not a cop or the scum team has some crazy shit.

The way he's acting I don't care to get rid of him anyway.

I'm fine with creature being lynched. Creature hasn't done anything that's looked town to me, so I'm cool there.

Zach is someone that I keep forgetting is in the game. I almost replaced into the Aeronaut game and from what little I read Zach looked quite a bit more town and solvey than he does here. But I only briefly skimmed to see if I wanted to replace in, so this isn't the strongest feeing in the world.

Yeah, so I don't know really. I have to head out, but I'll try to nail down some better feelings today.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2654 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:35 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

FFVII is fun.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2655 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:40 am

Post by Tammy »

It is! Still probably my favorite game. I haven't replayed it in a few years and I realized that skyrim and newer games have spoiled me for battle. Waiting for the time bar to fill up to strike again felt soooooooo slow.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2656 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:41 am

Post by Pine »

Tammy is probably a Towel. I say "probably" because I haven't played a game with her in either ever or a long enough time that I don't remember it, so I have no meta reference. Her experience level is sufficient for me to be wary of an initial TR. That said, she's probably a Towel.

I know the above is confusing and contradictory.

PEdit: Tammy likes Skyrim, this makes her lockTowel. Disregard hesitance above*.

*Not really, for socks without a sense of humor.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2657 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:05 am

Post by Andrius »

Magna wrote:Skybird - on Maria ... really she's part of a subset of the site that I designate EMK (and no, I'm not sharing what it stands for as it is just an internal designation for me) that prioritize "having fun" and "playing with people they like" as the most important parts of the game. I personally have a distaste for that sort of approach.
Magna wrote this in the now-over THE THING and I find it highly relevant here.
My first thought was ZACK this game because I have some history with Maria (<3) and FB (Deplorables) but I Zack seems only interested in talking with his in-group and defending his townreads (in-group members?). I don't know if gerryoak qualifies and frankly, I don't care enough to find out. But this just complicates the matter in that he might be town doing his thing which may or may not be finding scum like the rest of us and actually trying to advance the plot of the game, so to speak. Thus it makes things difficult given my tendency is to just go SCUM DEFENDING PEOPLE HE KNOWS WILL FLIP TOWN AND NOT ACTUALLY SCUMHUNTING.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2658 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:06 am

Post by Andrius »

Which FURTHER complicates things because he's a scumread of mine and if he's actually town then my scumreads are seriously diminishing in number.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2659 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:08 am

Post by Firebringer »

Fucking wall posts
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2660 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:09 am

Post by Andrius »

Tammy wrote: For the moist thing. So from what I'm gathering your theory was that scum would participate in the moist mini game as a way to have something to do and blend in early, so you were looking for that. If that's what your theory was, that makes sense, and if you had said that's what your theory was in regards to me, I'd have understood having a theory about behavior and looking for that. In fact, I'd have probably thought that looked somewhat town as it sounds similar to theories of behavior I've had before about certain stuff, but it wasn't presented as that until yesterday. I can't know you have some theory that isn't what you actually said in thread while deflecting some concern I had on you.

If I'd heard that, well not much else I can say except you're wrong there too. I just thought it was amusing as hell. I was happy to draw town in a player list I was looking forward to playing with, especially with a few players I was happy came back that I haven't played with in forever.
Open and honest communication is under-rated.
I am sorry we had to fight like this. Nacho and SAD have said things in hundreds of less words than it took me to say it badly.

And yes, Zack seems 0% interested in game solving and 100% interested in having a good time.
To be fair the entire WINE PARTY is 100% good time but they also have varying levels of GAME SOLVING.
Given the first WINE PARTY began as me and Maria simply talking.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2661 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:11 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

tammy, do you mean drunken christmas party? ifso

glad you looked in there because, yes, that is how I feel zach to be and don't think he escapes that "feel" into what I'm getting here at all unless he's not town - the problem is I have no real "case" on him and he's certainly not a higher person of interest in this Day so that is fine, no need to be, there's plenty else to work with
balance among all things
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2662 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:13 am

Post by Andrius »

In post 2661, drealmerz7 wrote:the problem is I have no real "case" on him
Then help me start one.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2663 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:33 am

Post by Desperado »

soooo

does anyone think maria is town?

hmu
;)
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2664 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:34 am

Post by Pine »

Undecided.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2665 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:39 am

Post by Andrius »

In post 1870, Andrius wrote:TOWN
SlySly
SAD
Nacho

drealmerz
Pine
Maria

(snip)
In post 1900, Andrius wrote:Ok so you're second tier town.
Yeah I read you as town.
I bumped you up a tier for bias.
Like, drealmerz and I have a completed game together
and then some
so I have a stronger grasp on him than you. Also there's no bias involved.

I townread you because I really don't see a general scum-motivation to anything you've done so far. Sure, you're not playing like Tammy or SAD or Fire or Sly, but I think you're town. You don't necessarily care what other people will think and are able to fight off people like Fire who come around.

I bumped you a tier because of bias. Because I'd be sad to see you go and, frankly, would be more surprised if you were scum than the Tier III Townies.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2666 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:43 am

Post by Desperado »

i guess my problem is she isn't "doing" anything, which itself is scum motivated
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2667 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:46 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1600, MariaR wrote:Just because I'm not posting wall after after wall doesn't mean I'm not playing the game Just because I don't feel like outting my reasons at your convenience doesn't mean I'm not playing the game I have my reasons for my reads just like everyone else has theirs why don't you put your effort elsewhere and try to not get yourself lynched instead of bitching at me
you think this shit is towny?

there are what, two people posting walls? FB certainly isn't one of them, so what is she even saying here?
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2668 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:52 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1613, MariaR wrote:YOU GOT FUCKING PISSY BECAUSE I WAS POSTING GIFS AND SAYING I WASN'T DOING ANYTHING YOU ARE BEING A MANBABY BECAUSE YOU'RE UPSET THAT I 'M TRYING TO GET YOU LYNCHED YOU HAVE NO RIGHT WHAT SO EVER TO HALF THE CLAIMS YOU MAKE
In post 1614, MariaR wrote:I'm gonna go take a shower cause my mood is ruined thanks fire
In post 1873, MariaR wrote:VOTE: Creature
In post 1877, MariaR wrote:Gerry's claim is either an amazing fake claim/traitor or is town need to leave that alone
Fire's ate seemed somewhat real so he can live
Now creature.
and then she jumps on an easy lynch and fire can live

ya ok
;)
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2669 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:55 am

Maria had very similar logic/approach in Masquerade ball though. Ex these posts:
In post 1976, MariaR wrote:Alright smartass let me rephrase

I think reads lists are bad.
I think there even worse if you give reason for them
In post 1980, MariaR wrote:Faking reads as scum is easy as fuck are you kidding me?
Oh sweet jesus you did flip scum didn't you why am I even wasting my breath trying to explain a valid point to someone like you.

me and shadow aren't both scum get over it I would've taken sick as scum and ride the "why would I let my partner die" train to the end
In post 1987, MariaR wrote:Ever heard of notepad? It's a lovely tool

Want a read "I think user abc52 is town his tone really screams genuine to me and a lot of his actions like defending user lowely4 is not needed and is just extra if he's scum"
holy shit would you look at that a READ O_O
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2670 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:57 am

However as I said before Maria seemed much more interactive and invested in Masquerade ball here she just seems to pop in once a while. However that could be because he lover pair was under much much more fire and she basically spent most time defending her pair.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2671 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:59 am

Anyway can we please not let this day run to deadline because 9 to lynch is a p big number and I don't want some terrible wagon forming near deadline with people brainlessly jumping on.

If anyone disagrees to a 1v1 between Gerry and Creature then voice your opinion quickly, otherwise pick one of those two wagons (you people already know which I pref sooo).
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2672 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:03 am

In post 2600, Errantparabola wrote:SlySly (2): Zachstralkita, drealmerz7
Andrius (1): Nosferatu
MariaR (1): Desperado
Pine (1): Creature
Slysly isn't happening because too many people torn on claim, Andrius isn't happening because that wagon lost steam an eternity ago, Maria wagon prob wouldn't happen and if it does it'd prob be a shitty compromise lynch and those almost always yield town, Pine 0% of happening.

Who else were people thinking about? Zach has a decent chance of happening maybe? Toogeloo, while I wish would happen, prob wouldn't. Desperado won't happen today too many people townreading him.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2673 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:06 am

Post by Desperado »

Unvote
Vote: gerryout
;)
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2674 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:11 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

I have been game solving, attempting to stop obvious lynchbait MLs contributes to town wincon

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”