Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:08 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Ummm... in case you didn't realize, that was my final comment. I doubt a claim would change any of your minds. Either you guys trust my actions, or don't.
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:43 am

Post by Fuldu »

That
did
help me make up my mind quickly.

vote: Fishbulb
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:56 am

Post by Otaku376 »

Fishbulb wrote:Ummm... in case you didn't realize, that was my final comment. I doubt a claim would change any of your minds. Either you guys trust my actions, or don't.
I don't like that Fishbulb is being so apathetic about this but I don't think that means he's scum.
Fishbulb, trust is quite scarce in any game of mafia. I don't know why you would expect the rest of the town to trust you, when you clearly don't trust the town. And for whatever reason you don't want to claim, fine, just don't make it sound like it wouldn't affect of how we viewed you and your actions.
Fishbulb sounds more stubborn and tired than scum, I am not going to vote for him now. I would like to hear more from especially massive who seems to be lurking.
Morpheus
Morpheus
Goon
Morpheus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:00 pm

Post by Morpheus »

vote fishbulb
your not even trying to defend yourself.
Yeah..
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:03 pm

Post by Fishbulb »

I'm not being tired or stubborn. Trust me.

I'm not claiming because I can't. I'm not defending myself because there is nothing to defend. Everyone knows what I did. It was risky, but I was doing it for the town. There's nothing else I can say about that.

Why wait for massive? Yes he is quiet, but either vote me or say you won't be voting me. We can discuss massive afterwards. I can guarantee he will have nothing to add about this situation, as everything has been said.

My goal is to get this over with so we can move on to more interesting discussions. I'm not going to fight a losing battle, so I want to clear it up by everyone saying which side they are on rather than the dilly-dallying of:
FoS
es, everyone repeating the same points over and over, and finally a pile-on at a mention of a deadline. It's not good for the town.
Morpheus
Morpheus
Goon
Morpheus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:08 pm

Post by Morpheus »

But why did you want to let and obviously lying scum live for another day? He would just get a chance to kill someone whoch would most likely be bad for the town.
Yeah..
Herbert West
Herbert West
Goon
Herbert West
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:00 pm

Post by Herbert West »

This is more of a suicide than a lynch.

Vote is back on.

Vote: Fishbulb
Remember kids, animals are a tasty alternative to tofu.

To avoid 'lurker' compaints, I only have network access while I'm at work, (9-5ish GMT Monday to Friday). No weekend access.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:58 am

Post by massive »

Am away on travel, hoping to get caught up this afternoon. Just felt you all deserved to know.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:01 pm

Post by massive »

I haven't seen anything scummy about Fishbulb. I'm actually more interested in Otaku's near-instantaneous decision that Fishbulb was "being more apathetic than scummy". I always think this is scummy: saying that you think a bandwagonee is innocent despite their actions when it's imminent that the person will be lynched. It always smacks of extra knowledge, and only scum have that. So I think I'm interested in where that came from.

vote Otaku376
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:31 pm

Post by Fishbulb »

Actually, I am pleasantly surprised at how well my so-called "suicide" has brought out likely scum candidates. We got a pretty good list of suspects now.
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:49 pm

Post by Mr_Gnome_It_All »

Well, Fishbulb is three votes away from a lynch, and honestly I'm quite hesitant to vote for him since he said this...
I'm not claiming because I can't.
We've already had one player modkilled because he revealed to much of his role, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were another player that was unable to reveal his role. However, there's still the chance that he's scum, but the first choice is possible enough for me to continue not voting for him.
Who the hell is "General Failure", and why is he reading my hard drive?
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:13 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

*sigh* extra knowledge...you know who else would have extra knowledge? A cop. Yes, once again I am a cop. Not only that, I am the *same* cop. Why would Yoko let me sub in this game otherwise?
This is how it goes, dourgrim's role was a ghost, essentially a back up. I could possess the role of anyone that died by night 3. Seeing as how I had died, and MeMe died, I figured more information would be a good thing so I came back as myself. Yoko was kind enough to let me get a make up night 3 investigation and I chose Fishbulb. Guess what? He's innocent.
Also note my first post back in this game. It's good to be back, in more ways than one. Not only am I playing again, I am back in the same role.
I have been hesitant to come out because a) we already have one cop exposed and b) Fishbulb lack of wanting to defend himself does not scream town and I start secod guessing my results due to GF or other problems.
indentureddjinn
indentureddjinn
Goon
indentureddjinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:41 pm

Post by indentureddjinn »

massive wrote:I haven't seen anything scummy about Fishbulb. I'm actually more interested in Otaku's near-instantaneous decision that Fishbulb was "being more apathetic than scummy". I always think this is scummy: saying that you think a bandwagonee is innocent despite their actions when it's imminent that the person will be lynched. It always smacks of extra knowledge, and only scum have that. So I think I'm interested in where that came from.

vote Otaku376
ok, well that clears up the fishbulb situation (unless he's GF, and for now I'll make a dangerous-but not farfetched-assumption that he is not). I tend to agree with massive's point above, that maybe a conclusion was drawn to the may not have been the correct decision to reveal.

Vote: Otaku376
"na hanyate hanyamane sarire"
-Chapter 2, verse 20 Bhagavada Gita
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/2469/irvington9zs.jpg
yomipithe
yomipithe
Goon
yomipithe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:02 pm

Post by yomipithe »

hello everybody, I'll be replacing Jolle during his vacation. Please give me a little time to read the thread. I'll post my suspicions later today or first thing tomorrow.
Show
Round the hangin tree (rond de ophangboom)
Swaying in the breeze (zwiepend in de wind)
In the summer sun (in de zomerzon)
As we two are one (terwijl we 1 zijn)
Swaying (zwiepend)
Herbert West
Herbert West
Goon
Herbert West
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:24 pm

Post by Herbert West »

Popsiclestix (the fool) was unable to reveal his role, because if he did it, we'd know to immediately discount what he was saying. Not being allowed to admit this, of course, makes sense.

I can't see any reason why someone with a proper pro-town role (rather than an amorphous role like the fool) would not be allowed to claim (although please feel free to disagree with me). Someone with a scum role may well use the argument 'I'm not allowed to claim' - particularly if it's already been genuinely used - as an excuse not to claim.

This is probably just semantics - but I also notice he 'can't claim' not, 'is not allowed to claim'. That said, everyone's paranoid and trying to read far too much between the lines of innocent peoples comments.

The vote stands at the moment.

I'm also suspicious of Otaku's comments - it all sounds a little
too
convenient.

To avoid 'lurker' compaints, I only have network access while I'm at work, (9-5ish GMT Monday to Friday). No weekend access.
Herbert West
Herbert West
Goon
Herbert West
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:33 pm

Post by Herbert West »

Sorry for double posting - but editing posts is (for obvious reasons) verboten.

With regards to the can't/not allowed to claim thing, I suppose if he's genuinely not allowed to claim, he's probably also not allowed to claim that he's not allowed to claim. Arrggghh.

Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:56 pm

Post by Thoth »

I think Otaku's claim seems very good. It's not a common thing for a mod to let a cop return to the game.
I'm quite happy with my vote for now. Voting someone in the post after which he claimed cop requires a bit more explanation than id has given.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:52 am

Post by Fuldu »

I'll gladly accept Otaku's claim, and
unvote: Fishbulb
indentureddjinn wrote: ok, well that clears up the fishbulb situation (unless he's GF, and for now I'll make a dangerous-but not farfetched-assumption that he is not). I tend to agree with massive's point above, that maybe a conclusion was drawn to the may not have been the correct decision to reveal.

Vote: Otaku376
That looks like a stupid oversight to me, so I'm going to give ID an opportunity to rectify it before I vote him.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:21 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

I think I'll go with Otaku right now since his claim sounds genuine, especially with the replacement thing.

unvote: fishbulb

I'm a bit suspicious of ID though, he voted Otaku inspite of his claim.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:53 am

Post by massive »

unvote Otaku

That's either unexpected or the best fake role claim ever. I guess we'll find out.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:13 am

Post by SinisterOverlord »

I don't think I'm buying that one fully. However, I'll hold off on a vote, considering everyone else's comments (or at least, those who have commented) and settle for a
FOS: Otaku and/or Fishbulb
MUAHAHAHAHA!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:46 pm

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Vote Count:

Indentureddjinn- 3 (Fishbulb, NanookTheWolf, Thoth)
Fishbulb- 2 (Morpheus, Herbert West)
Otaku376- 1 (Indentureddjinn)

Not voting (7): Banana Bob, Otaku376, Fuldu, Jolle, Massive, Mr_Gnome_It_All , SinisterOverlord

7 to lynch. (This Vote Count was done using Norinels thing so tell me if I screwed up.)
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:50 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Sorry you had to come out, Otaku. I was hoping if there were any cops that investigated me that they wouldn't come out for my sake. It's just not worth it. It would've been a good sanity test, too.

Oh well. So, back to Indentureddjinn. Oh, and he didn't miss the cop claim. He was actually responding to it:
indentureddjinn wrote:ok, well that clears up the fishbulb situation (unless he's GF, and for now I'll make a dangerous-but not farfetched-assumption that he is not).
Obviously he was confused or something, but that seems even worse to not pay attention and just throw a vote out recklessly.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:46 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

for what it's worth, I know my sanity due to previously investigating MeMe (innocent) and dourgrim (innocent).
I don't know what ID is thinking, he can't have his cake and eat it too. Believe the cop clearing somebody, don't vote for him. Think he's scum, don't let that clear the cop's target. You've got some explaining to do ID.
Morpheus
Morpheus
Goon
Morpheus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:09 pm

Post by Morpheus »

Otaku how does getting to innocent roles (or three) make you know your sane? What if you were Naive? Oh Well for now I'll,
unvote fishbulb
Yeah..

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”