Mini #509: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Game Over!

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:00 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Do we even still have enough support for a Dybek claim ? I really think he's scum.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:04 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

I don't think he should be able to get by with just a smartass remark over claiming like this. Scumbag needs to die, and his two buddies (I know who you are) need to get bussing.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:57 pm

Post by Mirth »

I'm not a fan of asking for claims, but I have no objections to Dybeck claiming. (Right now it's kind of hard for me to decide where to place my vote.)

thestatusquo: glad to see that you're finally able to join us. Why do you see CES as townie?

Response to Kitty: I know you asked your top three suspects about their suspicions, but since you opened it up to everyone, my top three suspects are (in no particular order): Originality, Dybeck, and CES
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:27 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Well for one thing, he's been attacking the very people that I viewed as scum the whole game. That makes me generally feel good about a player, but in addition to that, he was the strongest opponent to the peers lynch, and while that lynch was going on, I wanted to scream "NO STOP YOU IDIOTS HE'S A TOWNIE." But alas it was to late. The reason for this is something that I picked up on that only CES seemed the notice: For a scum player, a power role claim is better than a vanilla claim, especially at deadline. Most townies say something to the affect of "Phew I'm glad we didn't hit a power role with that wagon, lets lynch this one, and use the information from the lynch." This creates a strong disincentive for scum to claim vanilla day one. (don't even try to say it's wifom, it's not, and I will
brutally sodomize you[/b] be very angry if I have to show you why it isn't. ) Therefore, the only way peers saying "I retain the right to claim putty if need be." and then ACTUALLY doing so, is if he were actually vanilla townie. As soon as I saw that, I was 100% sure peers was a townie, and I was so fucking frustrated as you all lynched him. CES was the only one who picked up on that, and thus I am happy to consider him strongly town.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:57 pm

Did it occur to you that he might have picked up on it because he was looking for it ? Because he knew Peers was telling the truth ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:10 pm

Post by Mirth »

Thestatusquo wrote:Well for one thing, he's been attacking the very people that I viewed as scum the whole game. That makes me generally feel good about a player, but in addition to that, he was the strongest opponent to the peers lynch, and while that lynch was going on, I wanted to scream "NO STOP YOU IDIOTS HE'S A TOWNIE." But alas it was to late. The reason for this is something that I picked up on that only CES seemed the notice: For a scum player, a power role claim is better than a vanilla claim, especially at deadline. Most townies say something to the affect of "Phew I'm glad we didn't hit a power role with that wagon, lets lynch this one, and use the information from the lynch." This creates a strong disincentive for scum to claim vanilla day one. (don't even try to say it's wifom, it's not, and I will
brutally sodomize you[/b] be very angry if I have to show you why it isn't. ) Therefore, the only way peers saying "I retain the right to claim putty if need be." and then ACTUALLY doing so, is if he were actually vanilla townie. As soon as I saw that, I was 100% sure peers was a townie, and I was so fucking frustrated as you all lynched him. CES was the only one who picked up on that, and thus I am happy to consider him strongly town.
So you're basing your approval on CES entirely on the fact that his opinions in this game are the same as yours? I'm not going to argue with you about what it means that he was right about the Peers lynch. I'm just going to say that the logic of "this person agrees with me completly, therefore they can't be scum" is flawed.

Also,
Mod: can we get a prod on Originality please?
He hasn't been around for a while and I would really like to hear more from him.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:58 pm

Post by dybeck »

Thestatusquo wrote: Therefore, the only way peers saying "I retain the right to claim putty if need be." and then ACTUALLY doing so, is if he were actually vanilla townie. As soon as I saw that, I was 100% sure peers was a townie, and I was so fucking frustrated as you all lynched him. CES was the only one who picked up on that, and thus I am happy to consider him strongly town.
Actually, you'll note that I picked up on this too. When I tried to explain this earlier today, I believe I said that someone would post the same thing more eloquently than I. Thanks for doing so!
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:33 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

dybeck wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote: Therefore, the only way peers saying "I retain the right to claim putty if need be." and then ACTUALLY doing so, is if he were actually vanilla townie. As soon as I saw that, I was 100% sure peers was a townie, and I was so fucking frustrated as you all lynched him. CES was the only one who picked up on that, and thus I am happy to consider him strongly town.
Actually, you'll note that I picked up on this too. When I tried to explain this earlier today, I believe I said that someone would post the same thing more eloquently than I. Thanks for doing so!
And thanks for posting but still avoiding claiming and/or doing anything whatsoever!
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:26 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Bookitty wrote:Who are your top three suspects? It doesn't have to be in order, I'm just interested in getting an idea of whom you find to be scummiest.
I think I made this pretty clear already, but my opinion's changed a little lately. I've found Originality and Jmar the two scummiest players by far all game, but, mainly because those two dropped off the radar, I'm looking at Mirth and Dybeck more now.

That said,
Vote Dybeck
. Mirth may be trying to take the pressure off his wagon (top-suspecting Dybeck but yet unvoting him when he's at the point where he should claim?), but he shouldn't get away.

Also, I think we should hammer dybeck after Christmas if he hasn't claimed by then.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:15 am

Post by Mirth »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:
Bookitty wrote:Who are your top three suspects? It doesn't have to be in order, I'm just interested in getting an idea of whom you find to be scummiest.
I think I made this pretty clear already, but my opinion's changed a little lately. I've found Originality and Jmar the two scummiest players by far all game, but, mainly because those two dropped off the radar, I'm looking at Mirth and Dybeck more now.

That said,
Vote Dybeck
. Mirth may be trying to take the pressure off his wagon (top-suspecting Dybeck but yet unvoting him when he's at the point where he should claim?), but he shouldn't get away.

Also, I think we should hammer dybeck after Christmas if he hasn't claimed by then.
And I think you need to answer my question about why you all of a sudden out of the blue decided to vote dybeck considering the fact that you were defending him not more than 5 posts ago.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:42 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Mirth wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:Well for one thing, he's been attacking the very people that I viewed as scum the whole game. That makes me generally feel good about a player, but in addition to that, he was the strongest opponent to the peers lynch, and while that lynch was going on, I wanted to scream "NO STOP YOU IDIOTS HE'S A TOWNIE." But alas it was to late. The reason for this is something that I picked up on that only CES seemed the notice: For a scum player, a power role claim is better than a vanilla claim, especially at deadline. Most townies say something to the affect of "Phew I'm glad we didn't hit a power role with that wagon, lets lynch this one, and use the information from the lynch." This creates a strong disincentive for scum to claim vanilla day one. (don't even try to say it's wifom, it's not, and I will
So you're basing your approval on CES entirely on the fact that his opinions in this game are the same as yours? I'm not going to argue with you about what it means that he was right about the Peers lynch. I'm just going to say that the logic of "this person agrees with me completly, therefore they can't be scum" is flawed.

Also,
Mod: can we get a prod on Originality please?
He hasn't been around for a while and I would really like to hear more from him.
Holy misinterpretations batman! I believe what I said (it's in the very quote you posted, after all.) is that when a player reads that same game as me, and finds all the exact same players scummy it makes me feel good about him, after all I FIND THOSE PLAYERS TO BE SCUM. So if I trust my reads on scum players, then ergo CES has a higher chance to be town. So, therefore I never used the logic that you said I did.

Furthermore, the point you're trying to make isn't valid, because it's contingent on the idea that ces is faking his suspicions to try to make me less suspicious of him (I.E. Buddying up.) You'll notice this is a) Not true because during most of CESes pushes, with the exception of the UA wagon, which was very typical CES by the way, he was going it alone, or the one starting the suspicion. And b) not true because he couldn't be parroting my suspicions because I WASN'T IN THE GAME YET.

Is there some other objection you have?

second off, I LOVE how I gave two justifications, and you said blatantly "I'm not going to talk about this justification...So basically your only reason for this is X, well thats flawed."

How the FUCK do you come off saying that? You don't get to redefine the argument in terms that make you look better. When you respond to an argument of mine, do me a favor and respond to it, and don't pick out bits and pieces that you think make me look worse.

FOS: Mirth
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:35 am

Post by jmar »

First off, my apologies for not posting in awhile. I had exams, and then moved back home from college and had holiday/family stuff to attend to. I can't promise I'll be the most active player over Christmas but I'll try to check in when I can.

Regarding CES' last comment... whoa whoa whoa... hammer dybeck if he doesn't claim by some arbitrary deadline? Does somebody want to explain to me why exactly we're ready to lynch dybeck? I've seen a couple scummy things from him- namely his comment about "dividing the town down the middle" and his Day 1 play (he voted Peers, then unvoted him in his next post and voted Unright, then chastised everyone who voted Peers) but I honestly haven't seen anything that bad from him today. I know this will provoke Flameaxe to make some sarcastic scumbuddy comment but seriously, I'm surprised at how fast this wagon has formed and I'm almost sure at least one scum is on it at this point.
"Nobody fucks with the Jesus."
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:42 am

Mirth wrote:And I think you need to answer my question about why you all of a sudden out of the blue decided to vote dybeck considering the fact that you were defending him not more than 5 posts ago.
1) I already answered your question.
2) I wasn't defending dybeck. I said I didn't think he was scum. My opinion changed.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:04 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

What exactly caused this change of heart?
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:17 pm

Because hardly anyone seemed interested in pursuing Originality or Jmar anymore, I figured I'd look into Dybeck, because he was being wagoned, and came to the conclusion I actually kinda liked your case. That and the fact I think we would be much more productive if we actually focused on one player, instead of, well, not focusing on one player.
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:51 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Why is Jmar still alive?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:52 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

We're going after his buddy first.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:01 pm

Post by jmar »

*bangs head against wall*
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:03 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Good, maybe you'll bang it hard enough to kill yourself, thus giving us two scum lynches for the price of one! Sounds like a swell deal to me!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:36 pm

So the scum-list goes Dybek, Jmar, Originator and Mirth. Our job is done here, so let's make a decision to catch our first scum and go home to our wives, shall we ?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:01 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I would like Jmar first. The information netted from watching the dueling bandwagons on d1 should crack the game wide open, whereas Dybeck doesn't net us anywhere near as juicy info.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:03 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Fair enough.
Unvote, vote: jmar
. Scum for a scum seems like a decent trade off.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:27 pm

Post by jmar »

I love how most of the town just sits idly by while Flameaxe wagonhops seemingly at random and without reason.

I'd ask for reasons but I feel like I'm talking to a wall whenever I do so. As such, this has been long overdue...
Unvote, vote: Flameaxe
, call it an OMGUS all you want but I think my thoughts on your idiotic play are pretty well documented.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:32 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Thats nice. Why am I scum though?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:32 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

jmar wrote:I love how most of the town just sits idly by while Flameaxe wagonhops seemingly at random and without reason.

I'd ask for reasons but I feel like I'm talking to a wall whenever I do so. As such, this has been long overdue...
Unvote, vote: Flameaxe
, call it an OMGUS all you want but I think my thoughts on your idiotic play are pretty well documented.
It may be idiotic and without reason, but how does that make it scummy?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”