Pick Your Power: Double Deck (GAME OVER)

TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6300 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:21 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

a game that youve been in from the start.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6301 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:22 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

with unchanged mechanics the whole time.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6302 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:26 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 1, Quipla wrote:
>
The Rules - they are long, but please read them!

9)
However, to prevent the start of Day phases from being a race to the trigger, Day's will have a 48-hour Morning period where any action submitted during this time will resolve simultaneously at the 48 hour mark of the day. From then on, actions submitted will resolve per timestamp.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6303 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:58 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 6286, Fishythefish wrote:Grey: you know you have to pm the mod, right?
I did, right after the post.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6304 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:51 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 6168, gerryoat wrote:shoot dunn
In post 6231, gerryoat wrote:i dont get why we have to wait for maf to kill. why can't we just fuckign shoot and then lynch quickly.
In post 6298, gerryoat wrote:why no shot
In post 6285, gerryoat wrote:TheWayItEnds, at least me and Dunn are playing the game. You're having a big man baby fit for no reason lol. no one cares about your life bro, shut up and just play
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6305 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by gerryoat »

i dont remember a day vig scenario. no need for you to be a cunt lol
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6306 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:22 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 6168, gerryoat wrote:shoot dunn
In post 6231, gerryoat wrote:i dont get why we have to wait for maf to kill. why can't we just fuckign shoot and then lynch quickly.
In post 6298, gerryoat wrote:why no shot
In post 6285, gerryoat wrote:TheWayItEnds, at least me and Dunn are playing the game. You're having a big man baby fit for no reason lol. no one cares about your life bro, shut up and just play
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6307 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:20 pm

Post by gerryoat »

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6308 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:36 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

okay catching up - didn't have the focus for mafia yesterday
In post 6164, Fishythefish wrote:
TL;DR: drealmer is 100% town...-snip-
Hey, thanks for this post~! It makes me feel good to have the support and honestly now that the game is a bit smaller and I got both good support from you and giga I feel like IT'S TIME TO COME OUTTA THE SHELLLLLL! at least a bit - This is my biggest game ever and when it started I felt really out of my depths the complex mechanics (still do a bit but at least it's a lot more simple now with the less players) and with all of the players + being so unfamiliar with a large portion of them (either completely unfamiliar or only minimal-medium partial exposure with varying "familiarities".)

I'd say dunnstral is definitely the player I am most familiar with in an overall way at this point for who is alive still and I still don't have a good feel for him
at all
(which is growing more and more disconcerting at this point in the game) - the brain says "yeahhh probably town" but the gut says "ummm, I have no fucking clue! beware! it can be almost anyone at this point and do NOT discount dunnstral being possible!" - edit - and now I have caught up with the game fully and am going back and reading my wall-post and yeah...dunnstral scum, very little doubt
In post 6172, TheWayItEnds wrote:like congrats on coming into the thread and suggesting the literal stupidest thing you could have.

found it in one try.
this made me laugh! - see I'm used to gerry saying dumbshit, so it doesn't even phase me when he does, but your delivery on this was great
In post 6174, Fishythefish wrote:I don't like the Dunn/gerry lynch. It's pretty damn likely they are both town, IMO.
I don't think so at this point I think it's more likely badtowngerry and dunnstral trying to push the ML on him forever and not being able to release that "view" that "gerry is scum" because he's been holding on to it as a thing for so long
In post 6183, Fishythefish wrote:If it gets worse than that, remind me not to play Day 1 any more.
Holyfuck yes be careful out there, D1s tend to BLOW CHUNKS a lot of times wayyy more horrid than this D1 (which in relativity wasn't so bad, especially considering the 23p start, and rb being in the game.)
In post 6186, Dunnstral wrote:I really get the feeling that drealmerz is scum, though
again with this - can you say why???

this just feels to me like you know your push on gerry is doomed to fail and so you're setting up who you think you can get MLed next
In post 6188, Dunnstral wrote: vifam was already obvious town
saying blanket shit like this at this point does nothing - it was NO OBVIOUS town to me, yes, I had a townlean there in a lot of ways but the card-choice method among other things pinged me in places and not OBVIOUS TOWN
In post 6189, Dunnstral wrote:and by vifam I mean vecna

who replaced vifam again?
wtf...nononono, this is bullshit

you don't fucking mix that shit up or be unclear like this at this point in the game, this is scum trying to derp
In post 6219, Dunnstral wrote:...I think drealmerz might be candidate for 3rd scum.
are you trying to bother me/get a rise? I have had like almost no reason for outlashing this game, it has been nice, and hey, I think it's actually allowed me to live longer than I normally live, but you keep repeating this baselessly and now you're asking for someone to help you figure out "how I can be town" or whatever paraphrase you accept, when you're not telling why you're reading me as scum in the first place - not good to say the least...
In post 6220, gerryoat wrote:VOTE: gerry

i'm done here.
whoawhoa hold it there - I know you are most likely dumbtowngerry but, wtf, this is reallly scummy and makes me sick if you are town, dunnstral is the only one fucking with you really and he is likely scum at this point, holyfuck dude wtf this is dumbshit
In post 6224, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 6221, Fishythefish wrote:Show me the post where gerry is voting for you. Or unvote.
got confused, his vote was from yesterday. I still hold my second stance.
of course you fucking do

you are the next lynch, btw - tell me now and I might be merciful in my destroying of you (MIGHT), did you perform the actual kill on giga? if the answer is yes, there will be no mercy, but, if the answer is no, there MIGHT be, if you tell me who did...
In post 6225, Fishythefish wrote:What the hell? Unvote! Both of you! We've not spent 250 pages to lose like this! Replace out if you don't care! I do care!
I'm really glad you were here
In post 6226, gerryoat wrote:. grey can shoot me
this sounds good to me actually
In post 6235, Dunnstral wrote: Tell me what that team would be
really? you can't fucking figure out some team options??? how the fuck are you seeing gerry+maria scum, can't you recognize badtowngerry??! yeahh, pretty sure you're scum here, dunnstral - I'm on you

even if you don't include yourself? I'm not going to do your legwork for you, but your team there is poop - let me get it right - you think maria, LUV, gerry, myself, + other are the scum team? who would it be anyway? even so, that is like, the furthest from an all-star team if I could ever construct one I think (not FURTHEST but Yu get the idea), and I am thinking at this point in the game we are up against a much more advanced team than THAT group makes up, even though I am pretty excellent and can carry the weight of some shit scumteams (Ttyll!!), that is not what is going on here - and that is not WIFOM, that is COMMON FUCKING SENSE for this game.

I've got:

dunnstral/twie/maxous as my likely grouping at this point, btw
if I'm wrong on 1 of those, then grey is the scum I'm wrong on prettysure
In post 6241, Dunnstral wrote:Again, I've got cards that make me very unlikely maf, I saved giga from suicide, and I was on maria before most anyone else
this is all you have going for you anymore though, and I'm not sure I fully agree about maria and even so, that could have been you seeing the incoming storm (read maria lynch) ahead of time and positioning yourself for it - you've got major towncred for the giga save, but, that is about it and "cards that make you unlikely maf" I can TOTALLY SEE YOU DOING as scum (I am not super-familiar with you as scum, but, I'm familiar with you enough to not discount this being quite possible AT ALL - especially not now with how it is all shaping up)
In post 6246, Dunnstral wrote: 2.mcmenno - I made it clear I did not want to lynch mcmenno
not sure if you made it clear WHY though (if you did, correct me, I just don't recall), and that is very convenient for scum to do on a lynch that 1.) they know is going to flip town because they're scum and 2.) doesn't have to do much to defend or have much chance of saving given how it all was
In post 6247, TheWayItEnds wrote:what if the two of you just shut the fuck up
hey but then what would my catchup be about? I know it is annoying but we need to get it resolved too and to me it is helping me clear up dunn even more
In post 6248, TheWayItEnds wrote:like no one cares about this fucking bullshit tunnel both of you have for each other for no fucking reason.
actually, no, it is content at this point that needs resolved and what else are we doing inthis 48hr period?

ugh, I honestly don't feel good about a kison shot and gerry really might be the better shot at this point in the game
In post 6250, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 6244, gerryoat wrote:why am i mafia then?
horrible push on me for a "slip" I've given up on trying to work around people who play absolutely atrociously this game, that deserves a lynch in my opinion. Policy or no

In the diamonds neighborhood you made it clear that you intended to lynch mcmenno after me and that "one of us had to be scum" which was just setting us up to both die
In post 6273, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 5871, Dunnstral wrote:By the way if gerry is town I think we're in autoloss
Still true, by the way. I don't see why I'm getting painted as unreasonable when we LITERALLY LOSE IF GERRY IS TOWN and parks on me
oh so you've got your "if gerry is town" caveat in there again, how nice...
In post 6274, TheWayItEnds wrote:you're both acting fucking retarded tbh.

my life is worse for having been in this game with both of you.
uhhm, that is not cool, please watch what you call people and I'm getting a bit bleh on your attitude - we know how you feel
In post 6278, Dunnstral wrote:Somebody tell me why drealmerz is town.
omfg dude

this is just...scumtastic...*breathes*

WHY DO YOU THINK I AM SCUM? let's try that one!!! you aren't even addressing me or asking me to defend myself on any points about me or raising any points for me to smackdown...because you know I'd bring the smackdown I guess and you're just seeing if you can get any movement in my direction/on me with others (is my guess?)
In post 6281, Dunnstral wrote:I think it very unlikely that drealmerz is shot over others.
yes, me too, I'm not really seen as much of a tactical threat (cause I'm not, though now with less players it is certainly a lot easier to follow what powers for which players are active and the whatnot that goes along with all of that and so I can do better with that part of it than I was doing before at least!)

really not sure why you're evening bringing this up other than to be a scumfuck though
In post 6288, Dunnstral wrote:Alright, I can see I'll have to wait. But right now drealmerz is acting so
off
compared to what I'm used to that I really suspect he's scum.
wow, something so wholly fucking vague and nonsensical - great job...seriously, I'm not even going to get into it, I just typed out some rage at you and deleted it because we don't need that right now - if you've got a case on me, present it, if you want to talk about whatever "off" shit you want, actually say what you think about it / what it means instead of being so vague, I just feel like you're baiting me into getting ragey (which tends to get ppl to want to vote me and I start to muddle thoughts and not play as well which doesn't serve at all)
In post 6290, Dunnstral wrote:Actually, we can also talk about TWIE. I don't like that people are assuming he's confirmed town if kison flips scum. Because he's not, and bussing isn't all that unlikely in this scenario
this isn't a terrible thought to have on the table

wow okay all caught up!

oh and for the record when I saw the shot on kison my brain immediately jumped to it getting resolved when the mod saw it, I corrected myself and only made a dumb-post about it in the hood, but, I did it nonetheless and so gerry doing it...well...that doesn't make me feel better about myself I guess but it could make him feel better about himself! :|
balance among all things
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6309 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:45 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 6308, drealmerz7 wrote:ugh, I honestly don't feel good about a kison shot and gerry really might be the better shot at this point in the game
:neutral: :neutral: :neutral:

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

like is anyone in this game capable of thinking about things at all.

shooting kison immediately resolves my guilty because he flips immediately.

if he doesnt flip with the exact cards i said he has then we know i was lying and get to lynch me immediately

if you shoot gerry and he flips it gives us literally no game related information about anything.

this isnt that hard.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6310 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:56 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 6308, drealmerz7 wrote:oh and for the record when I saw the shot on kison my brain immediately jumped to it getting resolved when the mod saw it, I corrected myself and only made a dumb-post about it in the hood, but, I did it nonetheless and so gerry doing it...well...that doesn't make me feel better about myself I guess but it could make him feel better about himself!
luckily you didnt make like 3 posts about how you clearly have no understanding about the game and how it works and then tell someone else that they should just play the game like you are.

because imagine how stupid you would look.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6311 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:58 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

I guess a better way to put it would be that if I were in the position, I'd be hard-pressed to shoot someone I am TRing like I am Kison (I'm glad I'm not in the position) and if I HAD to choose between 2 TRs I could easier see myself to gerry than Kison because of his liability-factor

I understand the point about getting the information from the dipole on killing Kison, but, it's hard for me still because 1.) the shot is directed not free-will and 2.) some sort of both-scum gambit by you+kison still isn't RULED OUT (I'm not arguing that is the case, I'm saying it's not ruled out)
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6312 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:00 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

regardless, now I am just hoping kison is actually scum and that it was a good shot and looking to move forward once the 48hrs resolves

though I suppose we could argue for grey to switch the target/call it off if we wanted? but, yeah, I'm not arguing for that even at all - just talking
balance among all things
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6313 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:01 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 5941, TheWayItEnds wrote:i could easily see grey scum.

im like real afraid that gerry is just really bad town.

i think vecnas lack of grasp on the gamestate makes him have to be town?
and not like in a "vecna is proposing things that like literally would not work from a scum perspective, like 3 people pretending to have a card that they dont know where any copies of actually are, or inventorying a worthless card, so hes probably town whos not thinking things all the way through" type of deal.

but more like a "i believe this person could be scum with access to perfect knowledge of the setup at this point and still be making posts like this because they could just be that bad" type of way.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6314 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:01 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

and you don't need to tell me/point out to me how bad badtowngerry is, fyi, though he is at times receptive to constructive criticism, your hounding him isn't helpful
balance among all things
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6315 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:02 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 6311, drealmerz7 wrote:I guess a better way to put it would be that if I were in the position, I'd be hard-pressed to shoot someone I am TRing like I am Kison (I'm glad I'm not in the position) and if I HAD to choose between 2 TRs I could easier see myself to gerry than Kison because of his liability-factor

I understand the point about getting the information from the dipole on killing Kison, but, it's hard for me still because 1.) the shot is directed not free-will and 2.) some sort of both-scum gambit by you+kison still isn't RULED OUT (I'm not arguing that is the case, I'm saying it's not ruled out)
In post 6312, drealmerz7 wrote:regardless, now I am just hoping kison is actually scum and that it was a good shot and looking to move forward once the 48hrs resolves

though I suppose we could argue for grey to switch the target/call it off if we wanted? but, yeah, I'm not arguing for that even at all - just talking
both of these posts are really stupid and it would have been better for you to have not made them.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6316 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:06 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

not so

it is good to share thoughts at this point, regardless of how valid they might be

I like to see ppl's thoughts and thought-processes and I think sharing mine, regardless of how stupid it might be or look or whatever, so others can get a better idea of my state-of-mind/position, whatever

if you don't care about them, don't care about them, disregard them, and move on, you don't have to shit on them

or be constructive and converse with me, but, yeah...pretty sure you're scum just trying to stirshitup
balance among all things
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6317 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:10 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

they're not good because the optimal play is to shoot kison.

resolve the mechanical dipole.

re-resolve the mechanical dipole by lynching me if need be

and then reassessing the gamestate.

you coming in here and going... well maybe we should shoot the person we get no information on instead because im badly townreading someone.

gives greyscum the excuse of going,

well i didnt shoot kison because a bunch of people didnt want me too. whoops, how did that turn out poorly.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6318 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:11 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

I'm 1 person

not a bunch of people

and I'm JUST TALKING ABOUT IT, which is good to do, you're acting as if it is some egregious event

that is my issue
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6319 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:12 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

like I said, in the initial post, not even arguing for that, just sharing my thoughts on the matter

pretty sure I did anyway
balance among all things
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6320 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:13 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

and saying you're nervous about shooting kison because he could be scum with me doesnt make any fucking sense.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6321 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:15 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 6312, drealmerz7 wrote: though I suppose we could argue for grey to switch the target/call it off if we wanted? but, yeah, I'm not arguing for that even at all - just talking
like this sentence is like straight scum.

so if you're not scum.

stop making posts like this.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6322 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:16 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

that is not what I said

ffs

holy fuck, just disengaging you, pretty sure you're scum now

fishy, not sure how you got town-feels from the interaction in-thread with this one ...

p-edit

uhh, yeahhh, done with you

you just don't understand and you don't care to
balance among all things
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6323 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:21 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

that sentence.

reads.

like you are fishing for support.

for not shooting someone who
is
scum.

but you're very careful to not fully commit to it.

you're just saying it.

to see if someone else will agree with you.

and then you can recommit to the idea.

it bleeds scum motivation.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6324 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:22 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

whereas kison is avoiding the thread like he should be if hes getting shot.

until maybe someone can sway public opinion away from shooting him.

and then he can show up and talk about how town he pretended to be
The stage is set.
The night explodes.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”