Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:58 pm

Post by Skelda »

Also can you spell my name right please? There's an E not an A. Thanks.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:01 pm

Post by Skelda »

In post 759, Ramcius wrote:
In post 757, Skelda wrote:
In post 749, Ramcius wrote:
In post 747, Skelda wrote:Isn't Pep like a lame lynch? It seems like a classic MS, "We don't want to make a decision so let's just take it out on the easy person." I mean he could be scum, it isn't impossible especially with how nothing is happening, but if he isn't his lynch basically wastes the day except for getting a less active person gone.
So, we should lynch LUV over Pep cause on your gut feeling instead? You know, if Pep flips red, you going on my susp list for this poor defense
That's not what I was saying. I just think that if Pep does flip Town this lynch is a lot more useless than a lot of other Town lynches. You don't necessarily have to agree with my read on Uzi though.
You being vague on defending Pep just makes me want him flip more and more, name better lynches and why we should lynch one of them? Pep isn't most scummy, simply most people agree on his lynch while other people are more scattered trough lynch lists
From your perspective I probably should be a better lynch tbh, but I'm not scum so I recommend against lynching me. I've named LUV and I didn't just say gut, I don't like how the wagon on them stalled and I kind of have reasons from a couple of their posts even though aren't super great. But that's really all you need at this point.
Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:27 pm

Post by Land of Xanth »

In post 762, Tywin Lannister wrote:VOTE: Skalda.

The fact that this guy hasn't been voted at all by anyone makes me believe he's scum.
That's NAI. Other people's actions are not indicative of a different person's alignment.

Not that I'm against a Skelda lynch, but that's just bs shade throwing.
In post 762, Tywin Lannister wrote: What's the exact case on Pep?
I've pretty much forgotten he exists.
That's more reason to vote someone than "nobody voted this dude hurr de hurr"
Hydra between Alisae and -Grey-
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:08 pm

Post by Tywin Lannister »

Skald: Why do you TR Vifam and Sly? They seem to be your top reads, correct? Also, who are your SRs (if any) beyond Uzi? It's fine if they're just gut reads, but I'm curious about your thoughts on the rest of the game. You've mentioned 3-4 players pretty much, but there are a lot more.

As far as why I'm voting you, it's mainly the lack of productive posts combined with the extremely odd reads. Trying isn't AI, but the things that pinged me were the strong TRs for Vifam/Sly, the general lack of 'looking' for scum, and you haven't seemed to try to sort anyone into solid reads. You're coasting in the same way I accused Vifam of doing, and I don't consider that a townie trait.

What it boils down to is the read on Vifam, which sets you apart from players like Harp, fuzzy, or really any of the other inactives (half the game), because Vifam hasn't 'done' anything. He's said next to nothing even game related for that matter. Most of what he's posted has been 'I'm confused' kind of stuff. An ISO would show that pretty clearly, so why did you single out Vifam (and sly to a lessor extent) to TR over practically anyone else? There are some generally active players in the game whom seem pretty town to me, and there are many who are null due to almost no activity, but I certainly don't understand why you chose Vifam over others. The Sly read I can see how the 'so blatantly scummy that he's town' thing could be read that way (although why him over others?), and at least he's active. He's asked/answered questions, poked a few people, etc. Vifam hasn't, so that read alone seems way out of left field. It looks fake. Your other posts also look forced to me, which is obviously just my opinion, so it's not something I'm gonna push.

What's really interesting to me is that when I voted you (the only player in the game to do so), multiple players have called it 'bad' and even said I'm scum for it. I'm one vote, and I haven't asked others to sheep a wagon on you, so why would these random players get so upset? Why should they care, unless they hard TR you, and if so, why?

Would you consider your current play to be pro-town? What do you think of the reactions that were given out by players like LoX and Vifam for me voting you? What do you think of the pep wagon, and if you don't like it (you're not on it), what do you think of those pushing for it?
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:10 pm

In post 777, Land of Xanth wrote:

The fact that this guy hasn't been voted at all by anyone makes me believe he's scum.
That's NAI. Other people's actions are not indicative of a different person's alignment.

You and vifam's reaction to my single vote on Skald is very interesting. I wonder why you both reacted so strongly to a single vote? Do you TR Skald, and if so, why? What makes you so upset about a single vote on a very inactive player?
Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:20 pm

Post by Land of Xanth »

Um...We don't TR them...
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:29 pm

LoX: also, that's not shade throwing. It's a fact. Nobody has voted him before me. Facts are not shade throwing. Also, my opinion of why scum vote, how they vote, and what wagons they join/don't join isn't shade throwing.

If pep flipped town, would you assume there are scum on the wagon, or would it be an all-townie affair? I'm curious as to why you'd ignore how fast a wagon grows, why it grows, and the reasons/lack of any for people joining the wagon. Do you TR everyone on the pep wagon? If not, then do you think scum are bussing on D1? I'm not even against the pep wagon, but I'm gonna demand accountability from those who join any wagon without reasons, and I'm suspicious of anyone who does that in the first place. You're not one of them obviously, but you get my point I'm sure.

Pedit: okay, then why get upset that I voted the guy? You can't say to those not voting 'use your vote, you can change it anytime, etc etc' and then call me scum for using mine on someone you don't TR. That makes no sense, and Skalda (sorry I spelled your name wrong) is talking now, isn't he? Vifam even posted a few things in his defense. So did you two. Interesting how that works. Vifam is a big null to me, but attacking me over voting Skalda looks pretty bad to me. Skalda's TR of Vifam looks bad to me. You two I had as a TR the entire game, but the attack on me voting Skalda looks bad to me.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:37 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 672, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
@Mod
, I noticed in Timeshift Mafia II, InflatablePie was a 2-shot Roleblocker that was not Timeshift modified. He submitted his block on Night 2 (meaning it would resolve on Night 3) and was lynched Day 3, but his roleblock still resolved despite the fact he was dead.

I assume this was not an error? If a player submits an action N1 and that player gets lynched D2, assuming their action was not timeshifted, will their action still succeed N2 (barring interference from other roles) even though the player is now lynched?
This is correct. The same thing happened with Wake88's N1 action to track a player on N2, but he was lynched D2 so it didn't matter.

Vote count is being made.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:40 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

VC 1.10 (1/25/17)

CommKnight [L-9]

Land of Xanth [L-9]

TTTT [L-9]

Ramcius [L-8]
CommKnight
Pepchoninga [L-4]
ssbm_Kyouko, Land of Xanth, Ramcius, PeregrineV, Vifam
SlySly [L-7]
Lil Uzi Vert, James3
Havingfitz [L-8]
TTTT
Vifam [L-9]

Nero Cain [L-8]
Havingfitz
PeregrineV [L-9]

Skelda [L-8]
Tywin Lannister
TheFuzzylogic99 [L-9]

James3 [L-8]
SlySly
Zekromaster [L-9]

ssbm_Kyouko [L-9]

Tywin Lannister [L-9]

Lil Uzi Vert [L-7]
Skelda, Nero Cain
No Lynch [L-9]

Not Voting [3]
Pepchoninga, TheFuzzyLogic99, Zekromaster

Deadline is on 1/30 at 5:30pm EST, in (expired on 2017-01-30 17:30:00).

With 17 alive, it is nine to lynch.

V/LAs:
PeregrineV will be on V/LA from Friday to Monday.
Your moderator will be on V/LA from tomorrow to Sunday. No guarantees that vote counts will happen, but Radja will be asked to help.

Narna has been replaced by Nero Cain...Nero is getting his Role PM literally now.

(profile pic by datisi)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 783, D3f3nd3r wrote:Nero is getting his Role PM literally now.
yeah, I had waited to post.

I'm not reading two other games to learn about the mechanics here so otherwise I'll just scumhunt like normal.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:47 pm

Post by CommKnight »

[Snipped]
You mean besides when I built something on him and no one else really followed my vote?

Anyway, no one is accepting my Ramcius choice (as much as I'd love to see him and James flip scum in a row). Between Tywin's case, Xanth's reaction and my earlier read on Skelda.

UNVOTE: Ramcius
VOTE: Skelda

@Tywin, may I refer you to
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:50 pm

Post by CommKnight »

Speaking of my earlier case on Skelda... may I refer to post . I didn't like Xanth's reaction back then either. Tywin is correct. Xanth's lack of attention to Skelda at all really is concerning.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:45 pm

@mod: pepto looks to have site flaked. I just noticed in another game that he got replaced for not responding to a prod. Just an FYI.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:51 pm

@comm: my bad. I forgot about you making a case on Skald. So I stand corrected about me being the only one to vote there. Still, you are a TR so I don't see any issues with my general statement.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:53 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 787, Tywin Lannister wrote:@mod: pepto looks to have site flaked. I just noticed in another game that he got replaced for not responding to a prod. Just an FYI.
I see posts by him about 30 hours ago in another game. He'll be replaced if he doesn't pick up this prod though.

Also, prodding James3.

(profile pic by datisi)
James3
James3
Goon
James3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:33 pm

Post by James3 »

I've been kind of busy IRL. Could someone summarize briefly why the biggest wagon is on Pep, rather thank SlySly?

Did he claim scum too, or are people just being bad?
James3
James3
Goon
James3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:34 pm

Post by James3 »

In post 790, James3 wrote:I've been kind of busy IRL. Could someone summarize briefly why the biggest wagon is on Pep, rather than SlySly?

Did he claim scum too, or are people just being bad?
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:02 pm

Post by Skelda »

In post 778, Tywin Lannister wrote:Skald: Why do you TR Vifam and Sly? They seem to be your top reads, correct? Also, who are your SRs (if any) beyond Uzi? It's fine if they're just gut reads, but I'm curious about your thoughts on the rest of the game. You've mentioned 3-4 players pretty much, but there are a lot more.

As far as why I'm voting you, it's mainly the lack of productive posts combined with the extremely odd reads. Trying isn't AI, but the things that pinged me were the strong TRs for Vifam/Sly, the general lack of 'looking' for scum, and you haven't seemed to try to sort anyone into solid reads. You're coasting in the same way I accused Vifam of doing, and I don't consider that a townie trait.

What it boils down to is the read on Vifam, which sets you apart from players like Harp, fuzzy, or really any of the other inactives (half the game), because Vifam hasn't 'done' anything. He's said next to nothing even game related for that matter. Most of what he's posted has been 'I'm confused' kind of stuff. An ISO would show that pretty clearly, so why did you single out Vifam (and sly to a lessor extent) to TR over practically anyone else? There are some generally active players in the game whom seem pretty town to me, and there are many who are null due to almost no activity, but I certainly don't understand why you chose Vifam over others. The Sly read I can see how the 'so blatantly scummy that he's town' thing could be read that way (although why him over others?), and at least he's active. He's asked/answered questions, poked a few people, etc. Vifam hasn't, so that read alone seems way out of left field. It looks fake. Your other posts also look forced to me, which is obviously just my opinion, so it's not something I'm gonna push.

What's really interesting to me is that when I voted you (the only player in the game to do so), multiple players have called it 'bad' and even said I'm scum for it. I'm one vote, and I haven't asked others to sheep a wagon on you, so why would these random players get so upset? Why should they care, unless they hard TR you, and if so, why?

Would you consider your current play to be pro-town? What do you think of the reactions that were given out by players like LoX and Vifam for me voting you? What do you think of the pep wagon, and if you don't like it (you're not on it), what do you think of those pushing for it?
That isn't my name so I'm not sure who you're talking to.

But for real I'll answer this tomorrow.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:02 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

Ughg, irl problems, kinda unable to get to playing.

Sorry for the constant prodding. Put me on V/LA until the end of the week, I'll be sure to not make it happen again. Will still try and catch up soon.

If you can summarize events and give me something to look at it would be great.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:42 pm

Post by Ramcius »

In post 776, Skelda wrote:
In post 759, Ramcius wrote:
In post 757, Skelda wrote:
In post 749, Ramcius wrote:
In post 747, Skelda wrote:Isn't Pep like a lame lynch? It seems like a classic MS, "We don't want to make a decision so let's just take it out on the easy person." I mean he could be scum, it isn't impossible especially with how nothing is happening, but if he isn't his lynch basically wastes the day except for getting a less active person gone.
So, we should lynch LUV over Pep cause on your gut feeling instead? You know, if Pep flips red, you going on my susp list for this poor defense
That's not what I was saying. I just think that if Pep does flip Town this lynch is a lot more useless than a lot of other Town lynches. You don't necessarily have to agree with my read on Uzi though.
You being vague on defending Pep just makes me want him flip more and more, name better lynches and why we should lynch one of them? Pep isn't most scummy, simply most people agree on his lynch while other people are more scattered trough lynch lists
From your perspective I probably should be a better lynch tbh, but I'm not scum so I recommend against lynching me. I've named LUV and I didn't just say gut, I don't like how the wagon on them stalled and
I kind of have reasons from a couple of their posts even though aren't super great
. But that's really all you need at this point.
You say Pep lynch lame, but you want LUV, cause you kinda have reasons from couple posts? And with you posting stuff like this i want you lynch more and more

VOTE: Skelda

i don't think we will get anything from Pep before game ends, so i'm ok with this for now

Also
In post 767, Ramcius wrote:
In post 766, Land of Xanth wrote:Ah shit Tywin, you're actually scum this game aren't you?
why you think he scum?
LoX, care to answer?
Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:48 pm

Post by Land of Xanth »

In post 779, Tywin Lannister wrote:
In post 777, Land of Xanth wrote:

You and vifam's reaction to my single vote on Skald is very interesting. I wonder why you both reacted so strongly to a single vote? Do you TR Skald, and if so, why? What makes you so upset about a single vote on a very inactive player?
If you had actually read my post, you'd have seen that my beef was not your vote, but the bullshit that vote was based on.

As I've said numerous times, idc if Skelda is lynched. That doesn't give people the right to bullshit in order to do so, though.
Land of Xanth
Land of Xanth
Goon
Land of Xanth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:49 pm

Post by Land of Xanth »

In post 794, Ramcius wrote:LoX, care to answer?
Pay attention or shut up and vote park me.

Either way, I don't care.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:45 pm

Post by Ramcius »

In post 796, Land of Xanth wrote:
In post 794, Ramcius wrote:LoX, care to answer?
Pay attention or shut up and vote park me.

Either way, I don't care.
you know, it's not a bad idea, after your wish us all to decide lynch target i find you lacking in efforts to do so, and now you call bs on Tywin, but you let slide other people in tread for doing much worse?
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:58 am

Post by havingfitz »

VOTE: Pepchoinga
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:01 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 798, havingfitz wrote:VOTE: Pepchoinga
why vote him? He's V/LA pretty much till deadline, your voting pattern is weird, first empty slot, now person that just announced V/LA

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”