Newbie 1768: Party Mafia - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:16 am

Post by Agent Sparkles »

In post 666, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 665, Agent Sparkles wrote:Tojam, the technically correct answer is that I wouldn't vote early based on pressure.
what does this mean?

when you don't vote you are hiding information from us
1) I said I wouldn't decide to do it based on outside pressure. I'll vote when I think it's the right time to vote, not when the BP is asking me to.

2) A bolded VOTE: Player gives you no information. I've made it clear who I suspect of being scum.
In post 673, Titus wrote:
In post 670, tojam2 wrote:@EL: A little over-defensive but I'll consider it newbiness for now.

@AS: 2 weeks should be long enough to decide on a vote.

VOTE: Titus

Titus is at L-1, lolhammers are a scumclaim if she flips town.
I am just beyond annoyed with you. 661 now this.

Stop saving scum and murdering town.
Did you not read his next post? Even if he hadn't switched off of you, this attitude of "I am town and lemon is scum, how dare you think otherwise" is awful.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:53 pm

Post by Titus »

You're just as town as I am and toejam's play recently has been off.

I have explained repeatedly why EL and GL are scum and town just keeps screwing it up.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon
Location: Land of the meanies but also the home of the porkroll.

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:08 pm

Post by EccentricLemon »

The only way you've explained why we're scum is because I used the term "throwing under the bus". Several people have already said that this is ludicrous and I've asked multiple times for further explanation.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:55 pm

Post by Titus »

That's your strawman. I highlighted many such indicators that you used, including talking like you knew people were town. You being rescued at the last second because of GL chainsawing on your behalf indicates partners. The abnormal closeness indicates partners.

5 bucks says you're the roleblocker.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:58 am

Post by Revan »

You've made one post about EL's phrasing. I don't think you realize the reason you can't convince people to join you on EL is because you're not making a case.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak to Revan
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:49 am

Post by EccentricLemon »

That's definitely strange and scummy considering that it's already been done twice almost successfully.
In post 678, Titus wrote:That's your strawman. I highlighted many such indicators that you used, including talking like you knew people were town. You being rescued at the last second because of GL chainsawing on your behalf indicates partners. The abnormal closeness indicates partners.

How does that in any way shape or form indicate that I'm the roleblocker?
This is the only original quote I can find from you that indicates anything you've said about me. The rest of your posts are either: one post rephrasing this post or posts to the effect of "let's lynch Lemon now". There is no mention about GL arguing on my behalf indicating partners nor is there acknowledgement in your posts about agreeing with anyone else's points regarding.
In post 253, Titus wrote:ElectricLemon's phrasing suggests she knows that nancy is town. In 68, she says nancy isn't trying to "prove her innocence", why not say she is not trying to appear town? Minor, but it caused me to want more of a look.

EL also makes a big deal about how he's not pushing anyone, as if sbe doesn't want to upset anyone. Her "push" if you can call it that, fades when "the cool kids" unvote. She makes a big deal about how she's not accusing anyone.

Then, she throws a comment that me playing quieter means that there's a 1 v 1 with conftown.
If by "many indicators", you mean saying nancy was "trying to prove her innocence", which you called minor and again, using the term "bussing". I'd also like to point out that you said:
In post 648, Titus wrote: I am terrible with crumbs.
So now we have two contradictions, in one of which you say that I'm scum because there are small indicators but in the other where you say that you are awful with small indicators.

So which is it? I suggest you make a post detailing everything you think about me, no matter how obvious, because there seems to be something the rest of us are missing that you seem to have noticed but not said. Although I think this kind of behavior is really scummy, I'm definitely at least a little concerned that a seasoned player would drop something as obvious as this.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:54 am

Post by Titus »

In post 680, EccentricLemon wrote:That's definitely strange and scummy considering that it's already been done twice almost successfully.
In post 678, Titus wrote:That's your strawman. I highlighted many such indicators that you used, including talking like you knew people were town. You being rescued at the last second because of GL chainsawing on your behalf indicates partners. The abnormal closeness indicates partners.

How does that in any way shape or form indicate that I'm the roleblocker?
This is the only original quote I can find from you that indicates anything you've said about me. The rest of your posts are either: one post rephrasing this post or posts to the effect of "let's lynch Lemon now". There is no mention about GL arguing on my behalf indicating partners nor is there acknowledgement in your posts about agreeing with anyone else's points regarding.
In post 253, Titus wrote:ElectricLemon's phrasing suggests she knows that nancy is town. In 68, she says nancy isn't trying to "prove her innocence", why not say she is not trying to appear town? Minor, but it caused me to want more of a look.

EL also makes a big deal about how he's not pushing anyone, as if sbe doesn't want to upset anyone. Her "push" if you can call it that, fades when "the cool kids" unvote. She makes a big deal about how she's not accusing anyone.

Then, she throws a comment that me playing quieter means that there's a 1 v 1 with conftown.
If by "many indicators", you mean saying nancy was "trying to prove her innocence", which you called minor and again, using the term "bussing". I'd also like to point out that you said:
In post 648, Titus wrote: I am terrible with crumbs.
So now we have two contradictions, in one of which you say that I'm scum because there are small indicators but in the other where you say that you are awful with small indicators.

So which is it? I suggest you make a post detailing everything you think about me, no matter how obvious, because there seems to be something the rest of us are missing that you seem to have noticed but not said. Although I think this kind of behavior is really scummy, I'm definitely at least a little concerned that a seasoned player would drop something as obvious as this.
Wow, how long did it take you to make this misreppy argument?

Crumbs are small hints indicating a role.

What I look for is phrasing, voting, and anything else that indicates an unnatural connection.

I have highlighted that unnatural connection repeatedly thoughout the game.

@Rwvan, I have highlighted why EL is scum, repeatedly. I have also highlighted why GL is. The game has stalled because you are not hearing me or putting up a case of your own.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:01 am

Post by Revan »

Highlight them again, please.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak to Revan
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:05 am

Post by EccentricLemon »

I can't tell if you're consciously trying to divert from the fact that you don't have much of a case or if you're just refusing to tell us something that seems obvious to you.
Spoiler: Quote Wall
In post 341, Titus wrote: Let's lynch Lemon.
In post 396, Titus wrote:
Two days until deadlijne.
It's the counter.
He doesn't townread EL.

I am willing to lynch EL or GL.
In post 405, Titus wrote:
In post 398, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 382, Revan wrote:If you need any convincing, just look at GL's vote on me.

Terrible logic.
Titus how does this read like a town post to you?
Why doesn't it to you?

Oh wait, you're not likely town
In post 465, Titus wrote:
In post 455, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 420, Titus wrote:
In post 419, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 406, Titus wrote:
In post 399, GuiltyLion wrote:and respond to my question about the associative you're trying to draw between me and EL, please. At the very least - I want you to reaffirm or deny that you are arguing that EL scumslipped by saying she didn't want to "bus" me.
Indicator, not slip.
???

this is a bullshit dodge. Either it's indicative and a slip, or it isn't. You can't have it both ways
No. An indicator is more likely than not to come from scum. A scumslip MUST come from scum
So what you're saying, paraphrased, is: "It's more likely than not that EL and GL are scumbuddies because EL said she didn't want to throw GL under the bus"? Am I parsing that right?

Now can you tell me why that's not an extremely contrived, nitpicky reach of an argument? An argument which is easily defeated by the alternate explanation which I already presented in :
In post 350, GuiltyLion wrote:she used a word without knowing the context/meaning on MafiaScum
You're assuming:
a) EL has knowledge of what it means to "bus" someone, despite this being her first game on mafiascum
b) EL and I are partners and both scum
c) EL accidentally slipped point b) by using the terminology "bus" in the context of a) in post .

This is a scumcase. It's fake, illogical reasoning. They're all huge assumptions independently, and being used together in a way that no townie would push with genuine intentions. If we're flash wagoning anyone today, it's Titus.

Scared much? How cute.

A townie wouldn't know bussed if first game. If she's coached by someone, done. Either you're scum or she's buddying you imo.
In post 555, Titus wrote:
Agreed, so you can vote EL scum and we are both happy.
In post 632, Titus wrote:VOTE: ELemon

Now, let's do this today.
In post 638, Titus wrote:
Umm yeah, I think the team is EL and GL but I ain't trusting you that much.
In post 658, Titus wrote:Oh poor me defense never goes well EL.
In post 676, Titus wrote: I have explained repeatedly why EL and GL are scum and town just keeps screwing it up.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:06 am

Post by Titus »

Spoiler: All my prior quotes highlighting EL and GL being scummy
In post 95, Titus wrote:VOTE: EccentricLemon

My bad. I am showing off the naked voting strategy, so not yet.
In post 127, Titus wrote:Hey GL,

Do you think Eccentric Lemon is town?

What do you think of me?

Why you ignore my hello?

What did you think of my freudian slip?
In post 141, Titus wrote:
In post 130, nancy wrote:
In post 127, Titus wrote:What did you think of my freudian slip?
I'm probably butting in since you directed this at GL, but I totally missed this - where was the Freudian slip!?! I re-read your posts and can't find it!
I voted ElectricLion, aka ElectricLemon plus GuiltyLion.
In post 181, Titus wrote:
In post 177, JaeReed wrote:
In post 170, EccentricLemon wrote:I get the feeling that Titus is hiding behind Jae.
I don't think this is the case.

Titus is usually the IC, so I think she's holding back a bit to not interfere with me since this is my first time playing as an IC. It's a weird shift from being an SE that I'm still getting a feel for, despite a lot of the time as an SE chiming in with theory when I've seen newbies struggling. I feel that Titus is trying to support me in that role, actually, which is probably why you get that feeling.

If not, could you point out where you think Titus has been hiding behind me in a game sense?
Partially, but I am also naked voting to see if I can trigger more of the funny speech patterns from Lemon.
In post 252, Titus wrote:I felt the same way regarding GL avoiding me. My real life is slammed, so I am going to highlight what I am seeing in Lemon.

In post 302, Titus wrote:^^My response wound up in quote. EL just seems far too obsessed with not throwing GL under the bus.

As for you JaeReed, awkward =/= town. Many caught scum look for reasons to attack a read. That's what she was doing by saying we're too far along for gut. Her ISO isn't focused on determining alignment of anyone. There's a litter of ADD scattershot pushes.
In post 324, Titus wrote:
In post 309, bowdown wrote:Right, and those votes earlier were much more for pressure (e.g. Titus's naked vote). Votes now on Lemon are votes to lynch.
I do not vote "for pressure" as a rule. My votes are to kill or in rare instances as a warning to change behavior.
In post 326, Titus wrote:
In post 318, EccentricLemon wrote:
In post 302, Titus wrote:^^My response wound up in quote. EL just seems far too obsessed with not throwing GL under the bus.
I have time for one really quick post

Titus: We're way past that. Last time that was mentioned was #82, and we're in the 300s now. Just seems a bit weird that you're pushing something that I dropped before the game gained momentum. Is there really nothing else that tells you that I could be scum?

nancy: I'd like you to please explain why your vote on me was so definite when you said at the beginning of your post that you were ambiguous about me.

You all already voted me up right at the beginning of the game, unvoted, and then started voting me up again. Just pointing that out.
There is no past. Just now. Time possibly determines revelance, but not whether I let things go.

Your posts are riddled with such awkward language that suggests scum and on D1 in a small game, word choice is the best evidence.
In post 385, Titus wrote:Bowdown, stop being overly protective of GL.

Revan's vote makes sense as a strategic one. It's more cause for concern if Revan didn't vote his counter.

@Nancy, ElectricLemon can be coached pregame.
In post 399, GuiltyLion wrote:and respond to my question about the associative you're trying to draw between me and EL, please. At the very least - I want you to reaffirm or deny that you are arguing that EL scumslipped by saying she didn't want to "bus" me.
Indicator, not slip.
Indicator, not slip.
???

this is a bullshit dodge. Either it's indicative and a slip, or it isn't. You can't have it both ways
No. An indicator is more likely than not to come from scum. A scumslip MUST come from scum
Indicator, not slip.
???

So what you're saying, paraphrased, is: "It's more likely than not that EL and GL are scumbuddies because EL said she didn't want to throw GL under the bus"? Am I parsing that right?

Now can you tell me why that's not an extremely contrived, nitpicky reach of an argument? An argument which is easily defeated by the alternate explanation which I already presented in :
In post 350, GuiltyLion wrote:she used a word without knowing the context/meaning on MafiaScum
You're assuming:
a) EL has knowledge of what it means to "bus" someone, despite this being her first game on mafiascum
c) EL accidentally slipped point b) by using the terminology "bus" in the context of a) in post .

This is a scumcase. It's fake, illogical reasoning. They're all huge assumptions independently, and being used together in a way that no townie would push with genuine intentions. If we're flash wagoning anyone today, it's Titus.

Scared much? How cute.

A townie wouldn't know bussed if first game. If she's coached by someone, done. Either you're scum or she's buddying you imo.
In post 649, Titus wrote:GL, I can comment on a vote pattern for review later.

You on the other hand are trying to paint everything I do as scummy. That's the narrative sell.

I did not see a slip. I still do not. You, being a large veteran, know most so called slips are not actually slips.

Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:07 am

Post by Titus »

In post 683, EccentricLemon wrote:I can't tell if you're consciously trying to divert from the fact that you don't have much of a case or if you're just refusing to tell us something that seems obvious to you.
Spoiler: Quote Wall
In post 341, Titus wrote: Let's lynch Lemon.
In post 396, Titus wrote:
Two days until deadlijne.
It's the counter.
He doesn't townread EL.

I am willing to lynch EL or GL.
In post 405, Titus wrote:
In post 398, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 382, Revan wrote:If you need any convincing, just look at GL's vote on me.

Terrible logic.
Titus how does this read like a town post to you?
Why doesn't it to you?

Oh wait, you're not likely town
Indicator, not slip.
???

You're assuming:

Scared much? How cute.

In post 555, Titus wrote:
Agreed, so you can vote EL scum and we are both happy.
In post 632, Titus wrote:VOTE: ELemon

Now, let's do this today.
In post 638, Titus wrote:
Umm yeah, I think the team is EL and GL but I ain't trusting you that much.
In post 658, Titus wrote:Oh poor me defense never goes well EL.
In post 676, Titus wrote: I have explained repeatedly why EL and GL are scum and town just keeps screwing it up.
Oh no, I have a case. You're more focused on getting Revan to tune me out than finding scum.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:47 am

Post by EccentricLemon »

In post 684, Titus wrote:
Spoiler: All my prior quotes highlighting EL and GL being scummy
In post 95, Titus wrote:VOTE: EccentricLemon

My bad. I am showing off the naked voting strategy, so not yet.
In post 127, Titus wrote:Hey GL,

Do you think Eccentric Lemon is town?

What do you think of me?

Why you ignore my hello?

What did you think of my freudian slip?
In post 141, Titus wrote:
In post 130, nancy wrote:
In post 127, Titus wrote:What did you think of my freudian slip?
I'm probably butting in since you directed this at GL, but I totally missed this - where was the Freudian slip!?! I re-read your posts and can't find it!
I voted ElectricLion, aka ElectricLemon plus GuiltyLion.
In post 181, Titus wrote:
In post 177, JaeReed wrote:
In post 170, EccentricLemon wrote:I get the feeling that Titus is hiding behind Jae.
I don't think this is the case.

Titus is usually the IC, so I think she's holding back a bit to not interfere with me since this is my first time playing as an IC. It's a weird shift from being an SE that I'm still getting a feel for, despite a lot of the time as an SE chiming in with theory when I've seen newbies struggling. I feel that Titus is trying to support me in that role, actually, which is probably why you get that feeling.

If not, could you point out where you think Titus has been hiding behind me in a game sense?
Partially, but I am also naked voting to see if I can trigger more of the funny speech patterns from Lemon.
In post 252, Titus wrote:I felt the same way regarding GL avoiding me. My real life is slammed, so I am going to highlight what I am seeing in Lemon.

As for you JaeReed, awkward =/= town. Many caught scum look for reasons to attack a read. That's what she was doing by saying we're too far along for gut. Her ISO isn't focused on determining alignment of anyone. There's a litter of ADD scattershot pushes.
In post 324, Titus wrote:
In post 309, bowdown wrote:Right, and those votes earlier were much more for pressure (e.g. Titus's naked vote). Votes now on Lemon are votes to lynch.
I do not vote "for pressure" as a rule. My votes are to kill or in rare instances as a warning to change behavior.
In post 326, Titus wrote:
In post 318, EccentricLemon wrote:
I have time for one really quick post

Titus: We're way past that. Last time that was mentioned was #82, and we're in the 300s now. Just seems a bit weird that you're pushing something that I dropped before the game gained momentum. Is there really nothing else that tells you that I could be scum?

nancy: I'd like you to please explain why your vote on me was so definite when you said at the beginning of your post that you were ambiguous about me.

You all already voted me up right at the beginning of the game, unvoted, and then started voting me up again. Just pointing that out.
There is no past. Just now. Time possibly determines revelance, but not whether I let things go.

Your posts are riddled with such awkward language that suggests scum and on D1 in a small game, word choice is the best evidence.
In post 385, Titus wrote:Bowdown, stop being overly protective of GL.

Revan's vote makes sense as a strategic one. It's more cause for concern if Revan didn't vote his counter.

@Nancy, ElectricLemon can be coached pregame.
Indicator, not slip.
Indicator, not slip.
???

Indicator, not slip.
???

You're assuming:

Scared much? How cute.

In post 649, Titus wrote:GL, I can comment on a vote pattern for review later.

You on the other hand are trying to paint everything I do as scummy. That's the narrative sell.

I did not see a slip. I still do not. You, being a large veteran, know most so called slips are not actually slips.

(Sorry, making each quote its own quote was way too time consuming)
Spoiler: 95
"Showing off naked voting strategy" isn't the same as making a case.

Spoiler: 127
Those are questions, not making a case.
Spoiler: 141
That is a clarification for a question, not making a case.

Spoiler: 181
This seems like scumhunting, but I'll come back to this one later.

Spoiler: 252
That's not a case, that's a statement.

Spoiler: 253
I addressed this two posts ago.

Spoiler: 302
Bus thing, which has been addressed multiple times. I'd like an explanation actually for the rest of the quote. To me, it seems like you're describing someone that is struggling and not necessarily as definitively scum-aligned as you're pushing. I just want some clarification for this one. I don't really see what you're getting at here or why it's so scummy.

Spoiler: 324
You say you don't vote for pressure but that'e exactly what you did in #181.

Spoiler: 326
Here we have my awkward wording again. Once again, this doesn't bring up any new evidence than what you pointed out in #253.

Spoiler: 385
In this post, you're arguing about word slips. Up to that point, you've only pointed out two things I've said. I just pointed out a complete contradiction you made in that same time, not just a wording slip. The coached pre-game is also just a statement. It relates tangentially to what you've said, but it's not your case. That was nancy's case and there's no indication you agree with it other than it's also a post against me.

Spoiler: 406
Indicator, not a slip? Then why was your "slip" also a "slip" and not an indicator? Being certain of someone's alignment is also super scummy I think. Even if you're pushing someone else's scumminess.

Spoiler: 420
Same as above.

Spoiler: 465
That first phrase is just taunting. GL is obviously making a point, but instead of refuting it, you just taunt him. And yet you say "a townie wouldn't know bussed if first game". Yeah, it's my first game. Why is it so unlikely that I'm town?

Spoiler: 649
That's also not a case. That's just exaggeration of my case. I say you're contradicting yourself and trying to push evidence that's not actually there and so I think you're scum. Making my case seem worse than your case instead of elaborating on your case is definitely scummy. I really don't understand your position on slips either. In one post, you're pushing a slip that's not really a slip from yourself (which I also don't understand). In the other post, you're pushing something I said as a tell and explain that I could just be noob town but continue pushing it. I confused myself just by writing this.

Spoiler: 678
Here you're just summarizing what you said 300 posts ago and not bringing up any new evidence.

Revan is asking for evidence, even if you've provided it before. If you're so concerned with him voting with you, why not just give it to him?
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:49 am

Post by EccentricLemon »

I can definitely say you're more concerned with getting Revan to tune me out than finding scum. Because you aren't trying to convince him to join your push, but trying to invalidate mine.
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:08 am

Post by Revan »

That's a lot of quotes saying that EL is scummy, but you're still giving me no reason to vote EL.
―Darth Malak to Revan
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:27 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

It's honestly baffling that Titus could think any of the quotes she posted in constitute a case. There's no meat there whatsoever, and the few actual claims that she has made (EL saying she didn't want to throw me under the "bus" indicates that we're partners, I "derailed" EL's wagon yesterDay) I've already argued against in detail. I've seen town!Titus push me hard for much better reasons when I was scum in College Mafia. This is not Titus being genuine.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:32 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 675, Agent Sparkles wrote:1) I said I wouldn't decide to do it based on outside pressure. I'll vote when I think it's the right time to vote, not when the BP is asking me to.

2) A bolded VOTE: Player gives you no information. I've made it clear who I suspect of being scum.
1) When is the right time to vote, and why isn't it now?

2) is actually completely incorrect. Not only does your vote create direct and immediate pressure (because the person is one vote closer to being lynched), it also creates indirect pressure on all other players to respond to it. If someone is at L-1, everyone in the game better be weighing in on the lynch one way or the other, because a hammer could happen soon. Townies want to see their scumreads lynched and their townreads
not
lynched, so wagoning various players gives townies more opportunities to towntell and pushes scum into more opportunities to give themselves away.

when you have a bunch of people not voting and a few half-assed wagons, the game stagnates. You need to vote, and it's unclear to me why you're refusing to do so.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:35 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

also, more simply, a lot of times players use the VCs to refresh themselves on the momentum of the game and where people's suspicions stood at different snapshots in time. When you're not voting your scumread, you are in fact literally hiding this information from players who go back through the VCs, requiring everyone to do more thorough rereads of your posts and their context in the game.

while it is best for everyone in practice to do this and reread the game periodically, a lot of players won't make the time/effort to do so, so you're hiding information in that sense as well.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:03 am

Post by Titus »

In post 688, Revan wrote:That's a lot of quotes saying that EL is scummy, but you're still giving me no reason to vote EL.
Ok, if highlighting repeatedly where EL is fake repeatedly is not a reason, then tell me why. Otherwise, I will keep giving you the same proof and we'll keep talking past each other.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:05 am

Post by Titus »

In post 689, GuiltyLion wrote:It's honestly baffling that Titus could think any of the quotes she posted in constitute a case. There's no meat there whatsoever, and the few actual claims that she has made (EL saying she didn't want to throw me under the "bus" indicates that we're partners, I "derailed" EL's wagon yesterDay) I've already argued against in detail. I've seen town!Titus push me hard for much better reasons when I was scum in College Mafia. This is not Titus being genuine.
Again, this is just shading. The pair of them are more focused on Titus's reasons are not good than finding scum.

They are treating you as town.
They are treating toejam as town.
They are treating each other as town.

There's two scum left.

Do the math.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:42 am

Post by Titus »

They're also treating bowdown and AS as town too.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:02 am

Post by Revan »

Titus what makes EL's posts fake?
―Darth Malak to Revan
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:09 am

Post by Titus »

In post 695, Revan wrote:Titus what makes EL's posts fake?
The word choice they use which I have been over.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:53 am

Post by EccentricLemon »

I don't know where you got the notion that I'm treating Revan, tojam, or GL as town. I've definitely expressed what I see as scummy from both Revan and tojam. And I don't have a townread on GL, we just both agree that I'm a noob that worded something in a noob way. I don't see anything that tells me GL is town or scum and I'm definitely not giving him townpoints for agreeing with me. Don't put words in my mouth.
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:54 am

Post by EccentricLemon »

Just because I'm not discussing bowdown, AS, or GL at the moment, doesn't mean I think they're town. I just think they're acting less scummy than you are.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:10 pm

Post by tojam2 »

Jeez, I didn't realise I could inadvertently create so much content by fking up my vote.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”