Newbie 1767 | Winter | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:43 pm

Post by SensFan »

In post 599, Raskolnikov wrote:I've won many games through speculation and cooperation, what do you have to show for yourself?
What I have to show for myself is not fakeclaiming immediately after someone pointed out there was no imminent need to claim, then immediately retracting it immediately after someone suggested not to talk about roles, then immediately posting incorrect deductions about what the Scum know.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:44 pm

Post by lucca261 »

VOTE: Loopdan
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:44 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 597, Raskolnikov wrote:I would argue, if BP exists, no death n1 implies BP was hit n1 and therefore scum would already be aware of who it is, so them claiming only gives town information.
Scum knows who they targeted N1, but scum doesn't know if their target was BP or if a doc made a save. If there is a doc they need to save that player again tonight, as scum will try to hit them again in case it was the BP.

Or am I missing something?
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:46 pm

Post by lucca261 »

wait. misread something.

UNVOTE: Loopdan
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:46 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Okay look, if it's incorrect you can argue why it's incorrect. You can't dismiss everything out of hand and just shut down discussion completely.

The fake was definitely unorthodox but it would looked really sick if it worked and I think if you run that in 10 or so games it'll work more often than not, even the downside is low because I retracted as you're supposed to when the gambit fails.
deranged and incoherent
?
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:47 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 603, lucca261 wrote:wait. misread something.

what did you misread?
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:49 pm

Post by lucca261 »

In post 605, Loopdan wrote:
In post 603, lucca261 wrote:wait. misread something.

what did you misread?
thought the posts made by Brie on page 23 were yours.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:49 pm

Post by Loopdan »

Basically what Rask did at EoD would have been scummy (and stupid) if Sobolev had flipped town.

With a scum flip it is NAI.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:51 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 602, Loopdan wrote:
In post 597, Raskolnikov wrote:I would argue, if BP exists, no death n1 implies BP was hit n1 and therefore scum would already be aware of who it is, so them claiming only gives town information.
Scum knows who they targeted N1, but scum doesn't know if their target was BP or if a doc made a save. If there is a doc they need to save that player again tonight, as scum will try to hit them again in case it was the BP.

Or am I missing something?
My bad, I thought scum already knew if it was bp setup or doc setup for some reason.
deranged and incoherent
?
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:54 pm

Post by lucca261 »

I think Huntress is the right vote tonight.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:55 pm

Post by SensFan »

In post 607, Loopdan wrote:Basically what Rask did at EoD would have been scummy (and stupid) if Sobolev had flipped town.

With a scum flip it is NAI.
Normally, I agree with you.

The fact is it was done *immediately* after I strongly implied that no one should claim.
Then today, at the first sign that maybe we should probe for a CC, *right after I made it clear that no one should discuss their roles* Rask again brings it up.

If it was Town-motivated, why the hell would you back off of it? There was no reasonable threat of an immediate counterclaim. TownRask should be aiming to make it tonight and get shot.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:56 pm

Post by lucca261 »

and .

weird.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:00 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Can I get some thought on huntress?

It's early but I fail to see a good alternative really, loopdan and sens pushed fred from even d1 so it's not like they hopped and a hardbus is rare enough to rule out in the majority of cases.
Brie and lucca both held similar positions hovering around the hammer spot (I don't think it's that unlikely thebrie could've hammered instead so thinking of it as brie-off lucca-on doesn't seem fair either), but didn't seem to play in any way to look good or to plan ahead and make others look bad for it.

Huntress I can some weirdness in her d1 priorities, pointing out the thing about fred early but not really focusing on it and then d2 she tried to setup associations when she did vote him.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:05 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

@Sensfan

Maybe this is another "I haven't played since 2008" thing, but in meta nowadays people WILL either miss or disregard most warnings and disclaimers and just CC. I know I would at least, but in a newbie too there's the inexperience factor too. Remember echovision forgetting to see or disregarding your "I will hammer next post if there's no claim" if you will.
deranged and incoherent
?
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:05 pm

Post by lucca261 »

In post 612, Raskolnikov wrote:Can I get some thought on huntress?

It's early but I fail to see a good alternative really, loopdan and sens pushed fred from even d1 so it's not like they hopped and a hardbus is rare enough to rule out in the majority of cases.
Brie and lucca both held similar positions hovering around the hammer spot (I don't think it's that unlikely thebrie could've hammered instead so thinking of it as brie-off lucca-on doesn't seem fair either), but didn't seem to play in any way to look good or to plan ahead and make others look bad for it.

Huntress I can some weirdness in her d1 priorities, pointing out the thing about fred early but not really focusing on it and then d2 she tried to setup associations when she did vote him.
Yeah. Huntress is definitely a possible partner for Fred/Sobo.

One thing in particular pings me about it:
Hi Sobolev!

I was thinking of switching my vote to Loopdan but having read your posts, mainly 503, I think it's better where it is. Why try and make excuses for Fred? I know you're in the same slot but you can't know what he was thinking.
This quote by Huntress feels like once Sobolev had a good answer, she would've switched her vote to Loopdan. But if things didn't work out, she would be voting Fred.

But Brie definitely has some strange interactions with Fred and her read on his spot is quite strange. Like, in the middle of D2, saying things like there's not enough data to have a read on him?
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:07 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 611, lucca261 wrote: and .

weird.
yep.
Huntress needs to get more involved today.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:12 pm

Post by lucca261 »

I think the partner is between Brie and Huntress. Thoughts?
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:27 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 554, Sickofit1138 wrote:NO DONT HAMMER SOBLEV
In post 555, Sickofit1138 wrote:Unless he does something REALLY bad today, Soblev is NOT our lynch for today.
I think it's likely Sick tracked Fred/Soblev night one and Soblev didn't do the kill attempt.
I think scum thought ^those posts weree Sick saying he doc'd Soblev and that's why scum NK'd Sick.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:30 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 616, lucca261 wrote:I think the partner is between Brie and Huntress. Thoughts?
Yeah. Logically brie could fit because she did l-1 and back off, but I don't scumread thebrie much overall anymore. Around the end of the day thebrie actually retracted a lot of her scumread onto you lucca, which I don't see much scum motivation for. I think if frederick wagon died down you were probably the next in line so I'm not sure why she'd do that.
deranged and incoherent
?
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:53 pm

Post by lucca261 »

In post 618, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 616, lucca261 wrote:I think the partner is between Brie and Huntress. Thoughts?
Yeah. Logically brie could fit because she did l-1 and back off, but I don't scumread thebrie much overall anymore. Around the end of the day thebrie actually retracted a lot of her scumread onto you lucca, which I don't see much scum motivation for. I think if frederick wagon died down you were probably the next in line so I'm not sure why she'd do that.
I don't think this means a lot. Sobolev entered the game by saying that me vs sicko was TvS. He was trying to get one of us to vote the other. Brie voting Sicko would go in line with this line of thought. Sobolev made himself open to both me and Sicko.
Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:19 pm

Post by Fredrick E Campbell »

Sorry I disappeared. I had a really bad fever last week. Was in bed for 4 whole days. Enjoy the game and good luck finding the second scum.
By the way, I'm 14, Raskolnikov.
Spoiler: Cute photo of a penguin
I AM BACK
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:56 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Frederick you were replaced and your slot was lynched. Stop posting.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:39 pm

Post by TheBrie »

I'm going to give a summation of my reads.
I'm a little confused. That soft CC was a lie? How do we know that?
One odd thing that strikes me is that scum mustn't think Rask is a PR, or that would have been the NK.
Also Town!Rask wouldn't have known for sure that Sobolev was scum. If Sobolev had flipped BP, that'd be certain lynch for Rask.
Likewise I don't understand all of what Sensfan said. But Sens couldn't be the other scum.
No reason to think Loopdown isn't town.
Lucca doing the hammer doesn't say much either way. Soblolev was going to be dead either way. And, yes I would have hammered as Rask said to if I'd been online.
I was completely surprised by the Sickofit flip. His attitude had irritated me and I'm afraid I wasn't objective enough. Besides he thought Sobolev was a bad lynch and that Lucca was the right lynch. We've also got to reconsider Selynee's odd vote for Rask. I'm guessing that was from her findings as tracker, but she wasn't sure it was good or bad.
And I had a little look through Huntress's interactions with Fred. Except that she put the first vote in him for D2, she's not pushed him. And that vote probably isn't strange with an experienced player with a bad partner.

I'm wavering between voting Huntress and Rask now.
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

Jingle when I was SK: Wish TB would have won though, she was obvtown.
Silliest line from my best game: But neither of you seem that smart.
As scum: RC could be scum.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:50 pm

Post by TheBrie »

In post 617, Loopdan wrote: I think it's likely Sick tracked Fred/Soblev night one and Soblev didn't do the kill attempt.
I think scum thought ^those posts weree Sick saying he doc'd Soblev and that's why scum NK'd Sick.
That makes sense.
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

Jingle when I was SK: Wish TB would have won though, she was obvtown.
Silliest line from my best game: But neither of you seem that smart.
As scum: RC could be scum.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:32 am

Post by Huntress »

In post 231, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 230, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 226, Selynee wrote:Because I was pretty much useless D1 and didn't vote (though I wanted to vote Echo), my starting vote is going to be pretty risky, but I guess at this point a 50-50 read is worth it.

VOTE: Raskolnikov
I really hope you didn't just do what I think you did...
Actually nvm.
I interpreted Selynee's post as meaning that she had either blocked or tracked Rask:
1. A block would mean that Rask was either the target or mafia who tried to kill,
2. A track would mean that Rask was either the doctor or mafia who tried to kill,
hence why it was a 50-50 read and a risk.

Rask's responses looked like a town reaction to me, but not that of a VT. However, now that we know Selynee was a tracker, and Sickofit wasn't protected, it looks like Rask was the one who tried to make the kill night one.

Vote: Rask

The above was the reason I was town reading Sickofit and Rask yesterDay, and also the reason I didn't want to to discuss my townreads when Loopdan asked me for them. And he still hasn't answered my question as to why he wanted them.

I've got to go out now so I'll follow up the other posts in a few hours.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”