Newbie 1768: Party Mafia - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:34 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 422, nancy wrote:Which results in a lynching priority for me of:
GL, Titus, EL, Agent Sparkles, bowdown, revan
In post 568, GuiltyLion wrote:Tojam: Essentially ConfTown
JaeReed- Leaning Town
GuiltyLion- Nulltown
Bowdown- Possibly nulltown, will have to reread him a bit more
Nancy- Neutral
newbie scum like to avoid committing to a firm read on eachother, and these two readslists posts were made when Nancy didn't appear to be a viable lynch option.[/quote]
I wonder why you've ignored the fact that the bowdown read seems pretty darned noncommital there. According to your logic, bowdown (and even JaeReed) should also be a potential scumpartner of Sparkles. I also previously stated that I don't bus, so it makes no sense that I would want to lynch Agent Sparkles as scum partners. But it does make sense that you would narrowly interpret and try to distort my post into saying what you wanted it to say to support your scummy agenda.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:37 pm

Post by nancy »

Let's try that again.
In post 568, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 422, nancy wrote:Which results in a lynching priority for me of: GL, Titus, EL,
Agent Sparkles
, bowdown, revan
In post 568, GuiltyLion wrote:Tojam: Essentially ConfTown
JaeReed- Leaning Town
GuiltyLion- Nulltown
Bowdown- Possibly nulltown, will have to reread him a bit more
Nancy- Neutral
newbie scum like to avoid committing to a firm read on eachother, and these two readslists posts were made when Nancy didn't appear to be a viable lynch option.
I wonder why you've ignored the fact that the bowdown read seems pretty darned noncommital there. According to your logic, bowdown (and even JaeReed) should also be a potential scumpartner of Sparkles. I also previously stated that I don't bus, so it makes no sense that I would want to lynch Agent Sparkles as scum partners. But it does make sense that you would narrowly interpret and try to distort my post into saying what you wanted it to say to support your scummy agenda.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:37 pm

Post by nancy »

This is a long ass twilight. :P
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:44 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Yeah it'll last until Cakey gets on. He might be asleep.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:47 pm

Post by nancy »

Is it rude of me to keep scumhunting during twilight?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:47 pm

Post by JaeReed »

I'm trying to figure out if you're twilight trolling or not.

Leaning towards not. Also trying to work out if Titus not seeing the setup thing as a slip is genuine or not. I think given the tunnel on EL it could be, since her focus is elsewhere.

Also @Titus technically the wagon that got derailed for this was Revan I think? Maybe both Revan and EL, but if the intention was solely to derail EL's wagon there was the opportunity to push GL that I passed up, and also Revan looked like a much easier lynch at that stage than nancy.
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:48 pm

Post by nancy »

I mean, should I like, pretend to be dead?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:48 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Not at all! I'd encourage it if you're town! As scum it's best not to troll twilight because you're putting stress on your partner to react genuinely to it, but as town you have nothing to lose by continuing to scumhunt.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:49 pm

Post by JaeReed »

You're not dead until SirCakez posts your flip, so do whatever you want until then :) You're not under any obligation to scumhunt, but it would certainly be helpful I think.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:51 pm

Post by nancy »

In that case, how do you feel about me flipping green?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:52 pm

Post by nancy »

Titus didn't ignore anything. She just didn't selectively focus on one piece of information and forget everything else, like you all did. No hard feelings, don't worry!
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:56 pm

Post by nancy »

And no, the above isn't why I upgraded bowdown two spots on my likely scumpartner list. Though it didn't help.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:57 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Honestly? Pretty guilty. I always feel that way after a mislynch regardless of alignment, though. It's especially bad this time given that I don't normally like "slip" logic because it's usually just semantics. I really thought I drunkenly picked up something and went against all the theory on why NOT to do what I did (pushing a flashwagon this close to deadline), and the surety that you couldn't be the other PR with the way you were acting prior cemented my view on that. Where you kept talking to me like you knew I was town and trying to convince me that I was wrong then flipping to calling me scum.

So that's why confirmation bias is bad. >.>
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:57 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 586, nancy wrote:And no, the above isn't why I upgraded bowdown two spots on my likely scumpartner list. Though it didn't help.
I figured it was for the same reasons I thought I could keep seeing a bowdown/GuiltyLion team, actually, since you said you reread the ISO.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:58 pm

Post by JaeReed »

^ which is funnily enough where I was like "ohhhh oh I think nancy is ACTUALLY town here... oops."
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:59 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 527, JaeReed wrote:I would advise against flashwagoning close to the deadline as a general rule because that rarely hits scum.
lol....
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:03 pm

Post by nancy »

Clarifying this so GL can't distort it later.
In post 571, nancy wrote:Again posting another convenient "scumhunt" post. Agent Sparkles is already heavily suspected. Was. A red flip for me would not clear Titus, that is bs and you're trying to misdirect town into thinking that because me flipping red = Titus clear, me flipping green = Titus scum.
I am referring to Agent Sparkles being suspected at the time of 568, not referring back to 358. GL's "suspicion" of him practically clears him in my mind, though. His inactivity must be legitimate and not scumlurking.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:04 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Anyway, a good thing about getting wagoned with intent for lynch is that it can make the game suddenly make a lot more sense. People's motivations tend to be clearer during that time, from my experience, because you know for sure they're pushing a mislynch throughout.

I did have doubts at times so I probably shouldn't have gone ahead with it :/ I was glad to have solved the game. Bleh. It was a stupid push, sorry again.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:04 pm

Post by JaeReed »

If you want you can ask Cakez to not spoil you on the scum team and follow along from the dead thread still scumhunting, but I suspect you might have already solved the game, honestly.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:06 pm

Post by nancy »

LOL!

Aw, don't feel bad. I think this whole thing has actually benefitted town in the end.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:07 pm

Post by nancy »

Ooh good idea!
SirCakez
please don't spoil it for me!
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:09 pm

Post by nancy »

By the way I loved the drunk posting :lol:
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:14 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 587, JaeReed wrote:Honestly? Pretty guilty. I always feel that way after a mislynch regardless of alignment, though. It's especially bad this time given that I don't normally like "slip" logic because it's usually just semantics. I really thought I drunkenly picked up something and went against all the theory on why NOT to do what I did (pushing a flashwagon this close to deadline), and the surety that you couldn't be the other PR with the way you were acting prior cemented my view on that. Where you kept talking to me like you knew I was town and trying to convince me that I was wrong then flipping to calling me scum.

So that's why confirmation bias is bad. >.>
And yeah that was a weird and (for me) hilarious sequence.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:17 pm

Post by JaeReed »

GL probably should have talked some sense into me like Titus tried to, and instead he jumped on board, which doesn't line up with his level of experience and the scumhunting levels I expect from him. It shows a distinct lack of paranoia in someone who knows how I feel about people pushing on slips, which indicates opportunism there. EL's vote on you looks awful as well. Actually, beyond awful with the positioning of thinking you'll flip town. No one should have been on that wagon without thinking it was a slip. bowdown's looks almost careful, but that's largely in line with the rest of his posting and why I get so paranoid about him, I think?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:19 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 596, nancy wrote:By the way I loved the drunk posting :lol:
It was kinda hilarious because I was like "holy shit I think I found an actual slip I need to not let this on until the next day phase when I have time to case and push this properly" and then suddenly I'd posted and in the morning it was like :facepalm: I'm dead tonight :facepalm:

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”