'The Lost Boys' Mafia (Cry Little Sister, it's OVER!)

cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #2775 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:16 pm

Post by cicero »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Simply put, I'm against it
at this time
. If the rest of the town agrees that it's beneficial, I'll do it. But my vote goes against.
k. What's your reasoning?
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2776 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:38 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

cicero wrote:@mcpaltp - what do you think of the other active players in the game that are not named Albert B. Rampage and Cicero? Anything scummy stand out?

Unvote. Vote Lowell
- for reasons see my sig. lurklurklurklurk...
Wrong game Cicero...
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2777 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:41 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Battle Mage wrote:
cicero wrote:Since you are attacking him as scum you should already know the answer to that question. Mayhaps you should go find it before doing an absolute positive immovable confirm vote.

I dont think it makes alot of difference.
What is this rubbish?
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2778 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:43 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

cicero wrote:
at this time
. If the rest of the town agrees that it's beneficial, I'll do it. But my vote goes against.
Maybe he's against it, maybe he's throwing up a front for someone who is against it but has a reason to not want to say it. That way they aren't alone and drawing unwanted attention to themselves.
Could be a number of reasons why he would say that, and some are best left unanswered.

cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #2779 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:11 pm

Post by cicero »

Ectomancer wrote:
cicero wrote:
at this time
Maybe he's against it, maybe he's throwing up a front for someone who is against it but has a reason to not want to say it. That way they aren't alone and drawing unwanted attention to themselves.
Could be a number of reasons why he would say that, and some are best left unanswered.
I'm aware of the "I have a power role and dont want to say what I am" reason.

I asked anyway.

MoS can answer for himself. or not. As he chooses. We can infer what we want to from that later.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #2780 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:11 pm

Post by cicero »

Ectomancer wrote:
cicero wrote:@mcpaltp - what do you think of the other active players in the game that are not named Albert B. Rampage and Cicero? Anything scummy stand out?

Unvote. Vote Lowell
- for reasons see my sig. lurklurklurklurk...
Wrong game Cicero...
Oopsie. Thanks.
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2781 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:31 pm

Post by Crub »

Anix how do you know that the cult can't kill?
Moo?
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2782 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:22 pm

Post by Arafax »

Ectomancer wrote:
cicero wrote:
at this time
Ecto, I fing you to be on the not-so-scummy side of the game so far, but why would you answer for MoS?....We're talking about a mass claim and he is one of the few left who has not yet claimed...I would like to have heard his own answer.
"I will wait for you forever...If you would just ask me"
- Emery
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #2783 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:59 pm

Post by AniX »

Crub wrote:Anix how do you know that the cult can't kill?
I don't. I'm just making the assumption that if the cult hasn't killed yet, they don't have the power, or at least they can't kill without recruiting (because if they can do both I would suspect they are incompetent) If they can kill, a big if, they already know most of the town and have plenty of choices to choose from, including a cop who apparently betrayed them. This might be a bit of WIFOM, but I fail to see how they would pardon a betrayer cop and hold out on killing for some unknowns, especially if they can do it more than once. The benefit of the town knowing more information, I feel, still outweighs the likelihood of the mass claim revealing something that starts the cult on a killing spree we've had no evidence they have the capability for.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2784 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:08 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

OK, I'm back, but on way too little sleep to make some real headway with the 13 pages I just tried to grind through.

Sorry BM, but I'm not really feeling your AniX concerns.

Mariyta's role is starting to really get my head spinning again. I'm still trying to figure out what her results might really mean - cult member, cult recruiter, some other bad-guy role? Now, we've got word that the curfew meant no non-essential personnel were allowed out last night and she still got a result. I'm not going to dig up who mentioned that cops are part of curfews, but we need to remember that Mariyta's ability is investigative, but her role is that of a security guard - at the boardwalk if I recall the movie correctly. I would buy that law enforcement would be out and about, but not a rent-a-cop. Besides, it seems that the law was a little busy telling Ecto that he wasn't allowed out last night.

I don't really see her motive for lying though, but it's got me thinking a little bit more about her role.

I really don't get Ecto's behaviour or his flavour exactly either. Is it the manly charms that give you your role-blocking ability? I can see why you ran your gambit, but I really don't think Cicero or Yos should take a beating for pressing it.

I've not seen enough for me to move from my Pooky vote, but I really need to go back through the last couple of weeks again to get my bearings back.

On the massclaim, I'm leaning more on the side that it would be more harmful than helpful.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #2785 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:12 pm

Post by AniX »

Might as well continue with what has become an Anixian tradition in this game. A list with complex code tomfoolery

Sudo_Nym
Arafax
Dasquian
HackerHuck

Mastermind of Sin

-TinVision-
AniX

PookyTheMagicalBear
Mariyta

Yosarian2

Ectomancer

Setael

Crub

Battle Mage

Sir.Laggalot
cicero

Bold is in favor
Underline is against
Italics is they haven't confirmed either way, but have said things that make me believe they doubt the plan
Strike means they have stated they don't care
Plain is they haven't commented.

Accurate?
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2786 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:15 am

Post by Mariyta »

HackerHuck wrote:OK, I'm back, but on way too little sleep to make some real headway with the 13 pages I just tried to grind through.

Mariyta's role is starting to really get my head spinning again. I'm still trying to figure out what her results might really mean - cult member, cult recruiter, some other bad-guy role? Now, we've got word that the curfew meant no non-essential personnel were allowed out last night and she still got a result. I'm not going to dig up who mentioned that cops are part of curfews, but we need to remember that Mariyta's ability is investigative, but her role is that of a security guard - at the boardwalk if I recall the movie correctly. I would buy that law enforcement would be out and about, but not a rent-a-cop. Besides, it seems that the law was a little busy telling Ecto that he wasn't allowed out last night.

I don't really see her motive for lying though, but it's got me thinking a little bit more about her role.

I really don't get Ecto's behaviour or his flavour exactly either. Is it the manly charms that give you your role-blocking ability? I can see why you ran your gambit, but I really don't think Cicero or Yos should take a beating for pressing it.

I've not seen enough for me to move from my Pooky vote, but I really need to go back through the last couple of weeks again to get my bearings back.

On the massclaim, I'm leaning more on the side that it would be more harmful than helpful.
Couple thoughts on this:
A) I believe I'm specifically the security guard and not an actual cop because I don't remember there being cops in the movie itself. I might be wrong.
B) Security guards would be the ones to enforce the curfew on the boardwalk, most likely, in such a situation. Maybe if I get a free moment, I'll call up a real police station and ask them :P (if you can't figure it out, I think we're making too much of the "what would happen in real life?" thing. This isn't real life. It's a game, and the mod has to work with what's available.) Simply put, I was told I was an essential role.
C) WIFOM here, but why would I give away everything I have and lie about being able to investigate last night? It's impossible to prove, but it's illogical and foolish for me to do so.
D) I didn't "tell Ecto" he wasn't allowed out last night. As I already specifically stated, I got the impression my investigation was more of a background check than a physical check. I don't want to post the exact wording (it was so short, I can't figure out how to reword it to make it clear to everyone what exactly it said), but it essentially said Ecto was cleared of any threat.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2787 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:29 am

Post by Dasquian »

I have no strong feelings for or against a mass-claim. I think it would be useful if only to clarify the situation and put everyone who seems to be "off the list" by virtue of having had their bandwagon, and claim, back in the spotlight for discussion.

I still have to find the time and motivation to do a proper assessment, but I'm still inclined to press Pooky for lurking again, and only mostly gut feeling would go for an AniX, Crub or Arafax bandwagon.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2788 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:05 am

Post by Setael »

I'm also opposed to a mass claim because I don't see how it would do any good for the town, but I can see how it could benefit scum. Let's say one of those who haven't fully claimed is scum. There are plenty of things they can safe claim so it will do us no good to have their claims. However, we know there's a chance that power roles can resist recruitment by deciding whether to join or not and that there's a chance that non-power roles may just become Lost Boys once bitten without being given a choice. We have no proof of this, but there's a chance. If it's true, it helps the cult out to mass claim so they know who they can safely target and who to avoid.

So yeah, I don't think a mass claim is a wise move. I say we just lynch Pooky.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #2789 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:29 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Ninth Vote Count of Day Four:

Yosarian2 - 3 (Crub, Mastermind of Sin, Setael)

PookyTheMagicalBear - 2 (Dasquian, Mariyta)
AniX - 1 (Battle Mage)

Not Voting - 10 (PookyTheMagicalBear, AniX, -TinVision-, Sudo_Nym, HackerHuck, Arafax, Yosarian2, Sir.Laggalot, Ectomancer, cicero)

It is now Day Four; with sixteen left, nine votes will be needed to lynch.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2790 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:28 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Arafax wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:
cicero wrote:
at this time
Ecto, I fing you to be on the not-so-scummy side of the game so far, but why would you answer for MoS?....We're talking about a mass claim and he is one of the few left who has not yet claimed...I would like to have heard his own answer.
Because I think it's a bad question to ask. There are several valid reasons to vote one way or another, without revealing why, and
saying
you don't want to reveal why is nearly as telling in itself. He should be left to state his answer without elaboration.

cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #2791 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:32 am

Post by cicero »

So many bad questions to ask in Ecto world... makes scumhunting such a challenge...

I ask them anyway.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #2792 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:34 am

Post by cicero »

Also:

Ecto and Cicero phail @ lurking.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2793 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:35 am

Post by Ectomancer »

cicero wrote:Also:

Ecto and Cicero phail @ lurking.
LOL!

Next game we decide to lurk in, we are SO lynched :P

cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #2794 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:35 am

Post by cicero »

You speak truth, my friend.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #2795 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:55 am

Post by AniX »

You guys should come to my training seminar:

"Lurking Well and Getting Away with It: The Way of the 11th Hour"

There will be a small buffet lunch provided.

I want to hear what all the other plain names have to say.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2796 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:55 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

cicero wrote:
at this time
It doesn't seem beneficial. We've already given the cult a couple of targets in power roles, why force us to spread ourselves even thinner to cover them all? Mariyta can investigate possible recruitees/recruiters one at a time, and the Frog Brothers can watch to see if someone gets targetted, but if there are more targets to choose from, it may make the cult get bolder and go after stronger roles as recruits.
Permanent V/LA.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2797 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:19 am

Post by Battle Mage »

HackerHuck wrote:OK, I'm back, but on way too little sleep to make some real headway with the 13 pages I just tried to grind through.

thats a shame. Especially after i'm pretty sure i went with your instincts on previous occassions in this game. If my own buddy doesnt believe me, i havent got much credibility. lol

But, my vote stands as a matter of principle. Ill be reading, and will post as and when i see something relevant that requires comment.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2798 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:21 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Yosarian, you seem to be trying to gloss over the fact that my vote on you is mainly based around your actions with Ectomancer, NOT your speculation about the cult. There is a case there.
...wait, what? Your case against me is based on something? That's news to me.

Seriously, could you explain what you're talking about here? How, exactally, were my "actions towards ecto" scummy? The only thing you said on the subject was this:
Mastermind of Sin wrote: Ecto's post 2640 makes a lot of sense to me about Yosarian2's behavior. I believe it's possible that Yos was genuinely mistaken about the fact that Ecto had not actually been able to target him last night. However, the way he acted on that mistaken believe is consistent with Ecto's theory in that post. He saw a chance to jump in and push Ecto to perhaps reveal everything, and he took the bait finally
That post made little sense, and you totally ignored the post where I responded to it. What, exactally, gave you the idea I was mistake about Ecto "being able to target me"? And what the hell makes you think I was trying to get Ecto to "reveal anything"? I never even ASKED him a SINGLE THING about his role ability, and the only reason I said anything about his role at all was because he kept hinting about his role and refuisng to explain why. And you even AGREED with me just a little while earlier, saying just:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Ecto wrote: He made a statement and he was right. He must not have understood what I said. I'm not of the mind to go into another explanation without understanding what it is that he is not understanding. If he needs a one word explanation, he can have "baiting".
Please quote and point out your explanation so that Yosarian can show you what he doesn't understand. He doesn't think you explained it, so if he didn't understand it, he'd have a hard time pointing out which post contained the explanation so that you would know what he didn't understand. Seriously, Ecto, at least try to be helpful. This is unlike you.
So, you completly agreed with me that Ecto was being unhelpfull and wierd, and that you also wanted him to explain what he thought he was doing; and yet in your very next post you voted ME because I continued to ask him questions along those very same lines.

MOS, you're usually a better player then this. You gave a reason for voting me that made absolutly no sense and conflicted with what YOU had just been saying, you refused to explain it when I asked you about it, yo uthen argue with me about other issues for several post, but then you say "Well, that's not what my case was based on anyway". What? It's starting to look like your so-called "case" onme was nothing more then an excuse to jump on a convienient Yos-wagon; you certanly don't seem to be actually trying to figure out my alignment, to make a rational arguemnt, or to explain yourself in any way.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2799 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:21 pm

Post by Crub »

AniX wrote:Accurate?
Not really. I don't really care either way about a Mass Claim. I don't mind claiming if the town wants me to claim, but at this point in time, I don't see any compelling reason to claim.
Moo?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”