shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:15 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Just realized that if Mathcam were town lynching him today would be a bad idea. This is because if he's town he will likely try to take out a scummy target with him prior to his lynch. Therefore, lynching him today will force him to either a)waste his power or b) make a very uninformed decision. Thus I will remove Mathcam from my "lynchable" list leaving my options of Oman, JDodge, TSQ, Zindaras and maybe No Lynch open for the day.

I'm still internally conflicted about limiting the scope of lynch targets due completely to role powers, and I hate policy lynchings in genearl but I can't really see another logical solution to this situation. Conveniently I am finding Oman the most scummy player and he happens to have arguably the most harmful role so it's working out for now.

And TSQ please learn how to read I clearly stated Oman, not shaft.ed in the post preceeding yours:
shaft.ed wrote:Anyway, why aren't more people voting for Oman?
TSQ wrote:
Vote:Shaft.ed
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:23 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Hmm ... I'm not seeing shaft.ed as scummy at all. Even this response of his to TSQ's vote seems very townish.

Why did you vote him, TSQ?
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:30 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Gorgon wrote:Why did you vote him, TSQ?
voting me wasn't netting the result he was hoping for.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:58 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Thats it. I would like to be replaced, please. I'm not willing to deal with zoneaces antagonism anymore. I play mafia games to have fun, not be taunted at every move I make.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:38 pm

Post by mathcam »

That's some pretty mild antagonizing he was dishing out there, TSQ. You obviously have some bad blood between you two, but I thought the in-game obnoxiousness levels have thus far been relatively low on both sides. Replace yourself if you think it's absolutely necessary, but I think it might be worth just growing some slightly thicker skin.
shaft.ed wrote: Therefore, lynching him today will force him to either a)waste his power or b) make a very uninformed decision. Thus I will remove Mathcam from my "lynchable" list leaving my options of Oman, JDodge, TSQ, Zindaras and maybe No Lynch open for the day.
Uninformed? Whenever I want, I can destroy the player who has heaped the fewest number of praises upon me. Sounds pretty informed to me.

Cam
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:52 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

The point is I want to play a game of mafia, not have all my actions looked at through the lens of "does he like zoneace" If I wanted that, I'd go to marriage counseling with the guy.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:31 pm

Post by mathcam »

Heh. Okay, fair enough -- I misunderstood. I thought you were complaining about ZONEACE's last post. In our defense, you did ask us specifically what we thought about the interaction. I personally was just going to ignore it up until that point. In any case, I'm ready to stop talking about it, and for that matter, much has been happening in this game that hasn't revolved around you and ZONEACE.

Of recent interest is your vote on shaft.ed, and Gorgon's subsequent asking of why, which I'd like to echo.

Cam
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:44 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

*deep breath*

Okay, that wasn't my point. I didn't want people to comment on the me-Zone interaction because of the oog implications. i wanted people to comment because I thought it was incredibly game relevant. I would continue playing this game only if Zoneace will stop trying to pass off every action I make as somehow having to do with him. Otherwise, I am out of here. Zoneace, you willing to do that?

Now, the reasoning for the vote is simple. Shaft.ed's attacks on Oman seem one tracked. It seems like he's ignoring most of the game and just focusing myopically on Oman. This to me looks like a player attempting to play in a hyper attacking style to mask the fact that he's really not paying too much attention to the game. A fact which has been born out in several situations where he has really shown that he hasn't been reading the thread very carefully. (asking questions which had already been asked a couple posts up comes to mind.) Additionally, he seems to be testing the waters here, in his last post. To me, the last post almost screams
My brain wrote:Am I going to be able to misslynch this guy, or should I move on to someone else.
I'll admit that a lot of this is influenced by the fact that I don't think the case against oman is very strong. But I think the case against shaft.ed is there regardless of it you think Oman is scum or not. (could be aggressive bussing)
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:46 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Thestatusquo wrote: Now, the reasoning for the vote is simple. Shaft.ed's attacks on Oman seem one tracked. It seems like he's ignoring most of the game and just focusing myopically on Oman.
Sorry, but I'm just not seeing anything else scummy going on. It's likely due to the lack of input from about a third of the town (JDodge, Adele, Zindaras and Yvonne at the very least need to post more and some actual input gathered without asking 18 times would be nice from ZONEACE). The only big dust ups have been between Gorgon and CKD, and you and ZONEACE. In response to the former, I find your play to be pro-town while ZONACE's is anti-town, but I've already decided I'm giving a pass to the investigative roles regardless of alignment for D1 unless they do something that is incredibly scummy today. In regards to the former, I really don't see much in the spat between Gorgon and CKD, neither had very strong points at this time, but I will keep an eye on them.
TSQ wrote:This to me looks like a player attempting to play in a hyper attacking style to mask the fact that he's really not paying too much attention to the game. A fact which has been born out in several situations where he has really shown that he hasn't been reading the thread very carefully. (asking questions which had already been asked a couple posts up comes to mind.)
I would hope this is referencing my early game play. I feel I have been paying a lot more attention to this thread than most others over the last few pages of posts.
TSQ wrote: Additionally, he seems to be testing the waters here, in his last post. To me, the last post almost screams
My brain wrote:Am I going to be able to misslynch this guy, or should I move on to someone else.
I'll admit that a lot of this is influenced by the fact that I don't think the case against oman is very strong. But I think the case against shaft.ed is there regardless of it you think Oman is scum or not. (could be aggressive bussing)
I am concerned about Oman's role much more than I am concerned about Oman, but I believe he has made at least three plays that could be considered scummy. He is also pretty much refusing to address my points on passing powers to Adele, and he is avoiding the thread while posting plentifully on site. He did this exact same thing in mini 495 when I was hammering on him and he turned up scum in that instance.

Also I really don't see this as a case against me. I understand my narrow focus is a scum tell, but Oman's role is dangerous and his play is no where near obvtown which I would hope it would be given his role.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:16 pm

Post by mathcam »

I'm buying what shaft.ed is selling, at least for now.

Unvote: JDodge, Vote: Oman.

Cam
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:27 pm

Post by Oman »

At least for now?
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:37 pm

Post by mathcam »

For example, if you were to put up some compelling reasons to no longer vote for you, I would probably no longer vote for you.

Cam
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:41 pm

Post by Oman »

shaft.ed is voting me based on my role, mostly, which is interesting, as I chose it before i got my alignment.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:51 pm

Post by mathcam »

As did we all -- an interesting aspect of the set-up indeed, but I'm not sure what your point is.

Cam
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:47 pm

Post by JDodge »

Oman wrote:shaft.ed is voting me based on my role, mostly, which is interesting, as I chose it before i got my alignment.
Please try to pay attention.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:48 pm

Post by JDodge »

Gah, posted that before it was finished:

shaft.ed isn't voting you solely on your role. Read his most recent post.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:24 pm

Post by Oman »

Ah, sorry, that wasn't meant to be a comprehensive thing, it was just a short mention.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:30 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

shaft.ed wrote:
I find your play to be pro-town while ZONACE's is anti-town, but I've already decided I'm giving a pass to the investigative roles regardless of alignment for D1 unless they do something that is incredibly scummy today.
it is statements like this that other me. "Regardless of alignment." How do you know who is what? But then you might vote them if they act scummy? This seems like you know who is scum and who is not, but wont vote anyone until the act scummy.

I dont care who has what role, if someone is scummy, we lynch them, no one gets a pass.

Vote shaft.ed
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:37 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Um...You're definitely missing something here. What he is saying is definitely indicative of alignment.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:39 am

umm, what am I missing?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:48 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

His comment is very similar to the sentiment of not lynching a claimed cop d1. He's saying that to him, he's not going to lynch the investigative roles d1 regardless of what allignment they are, unless they do something majorly scummy. This is probably because he thinks it's better to leave them alive based on the possibility of helpfulness. Your attack doesn't even begin to make sense, given the context of what he's actually saying.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:03 am

the difference here, is when someone claims cop in a normal game, you dont know for a fact that they are a cop or not. But usually a cop in a normal game is town. Here the roles are known and just the alignment is not. Unlike a normal game, just because someone IS an investigative role doesnt mean they should be looked over Day 1. Different game, different rules apply.

You attack him because he seems to being focusing on Oman and no one else. He answers with a "well I am not even going look at the investigative roles, unless they act incredibly scummy". Well, that A.) doesnt really fully address that (your) point, B.) makes it ok for him to ignore people today C.) Unlike our human bomb, I just dont buy it.

call it gut, but I am finding out lately that if I voted more with my intial gut, I would be playing a hell of a lot better.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:05 am

Post by shaft.ed »

I find it interesting that Oman finally hops in only after Mathcam begins conversing with me on the topic. And a mere 11 minutes after the vote.

CKD, what you're also missing is that we have two scum groups here who are interested in destroying the other. Thus even scum aligned investigative roles may serve the town's interest if they can nail down the other scum group. I've said this before many times. Just because the scum will not investigate their own kills doesn't mean they won't be looking for the other group. Add this to the fact that we don't know their alignment and DO KNOW that they would be very much useful to the town, I really don't see the benefit of lynching them based on the sketchy evidence that is usually presented as a case to lynch someone D1.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:10 am

well, then I guess I am lucky my vote isnt on an investigatvie role, now arent I?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”