Mini #509: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Game Over!

dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:44 am

Post by dybeck »

Flameaxe: Could you give us the edited highlights of that posts - perhaps pick out the posts that strike you as particularly scummy?

It's about time we had a bandwagon candidate that will enable us to see the colors of the people in this town.

TSQ, CES, jmar, bookitty, DrippingGoofball: What do you think about the latest bandwagon? Am I scum? Opinions people!
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:45 am

Post by Flameaxe »

No, read it. I say which are scummy. I'm not doing the work for you, this is your job to pick apart the case against you, not the person that made it.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:55 am

Post by dybeck »

It occurs that I've not been particularly forthcoming with my opinions so far, whilst I've called repeatedly for others to show their colors. So that you get an idea of where I am, for now:

I'm 90% sure originality is town. We've just finished a game together in which he will have observed that, once riled, I can be a very easy lynch target. No doubt some of you will have also uncovered this fact. His complete failure to jump aboard my bandwagon despite having been online at the most opportune time to do so makes me think that he's not scum.

It's tough to get a read on Flameaxe when he's an ass all the time, regardless of alignment. I'd still encourage the rest of you not to give him encouragement, although I gather that for those of you for whom I'm a lynch target, it's unlikely you'll follow my advice.

Mirth and Bookitty do seem to be actively scumhunting, which certainly counts in their favour.

Jmar, I'm not sure about. No real reason to suspect, and I think the wagon on him was flawed, and based upon flimsy 'evidence' - but I don't see any overwhelmingly town behaviour, and I may still join it at a later date. It's been a while since any real analysis from him, and I'd like to see more - particular his response to my wagon.

The fact that Albert and Unright are the same person had passed me by. Unright's unnecessary softclaim, along with Albert's overenthusiastic, defensive and desperate bandwagon-jumping sets off my scumdar. I'm pretty happy with my vote for now.

We also need to hear more from the others. You'll find that there are scum in the shadows here.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:56 am

Post by Mirth »

^ Good Posting, but I still want to know why you voted jmar.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:57 am

Post by Mirth »

EBWOP: the good posting comment was to Flameaxe. for some reason i didnt see page 35.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:58 am

Post by dybeck »

Flameaxe wrote:No, read it. I say which are scummy. I'm not doing the work for you, this is your job to pick apart the case against you, not the person that made it.
Sorry, buddy. If you want a rebuttal, make a coherent case. Most of what you've written about me in that long post looks OK to me. Although I must admit I only scanned it - it's pretty long.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:59 am

Post by Mirth »

Dybeck: is there a reason why everything you type doesnt really say anything new and/or productive?
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:02 am

Post by dybeck »

Mirth wrote:Dybeck: is there a reason why everything you type doesnt really say anything new and/or productive?
I don't really agree with the premise of your question.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:05 am

Post by dybeck »

dybeck wrote:It occurs that I've not been particularly forthcoming with my opinions so far, whilst I've called repeatedly for others to show their colors. So that you get an idea of where I am, for now:

I'm 90% sure originality is town. We've just finished a game together in which he will have observed that, once riled, I can be a very easy lynch target. No doubt some of you will have also uncovered this fact. His complete failure to jump aboard my bandwagon despite having been online at the most opportune time to do so makes me think that he's not scum.

It's tough to get a read on Flameaxe when he's an ass all the time, regardless of alignment. I'd still encourage the rest of you not to give him encouragement, although I gather that for those of you for whom I'm a lynch target, it's unlikely you'll follow my advice.

Mirth and Bookitty do seem to be actively scumhunting, which certainly counts in their favour.

Jmar, I'm not sure about. No real reason to suspect, and I think the wagon on him was flawed, and based upon flimsy 'evidence' - but I don't see any overwhelmingly town behaviour, and I may still join it at a later date. It's been a while since any real analysis from him, and I'd like to see more - particular his response to my wagon.

The fact that Albert and Unright are the same person had passed me by. Unright's unnecessary softclaim, along with Albert's overenthusiastic, defensive and desperate bandwagon-jumping sets off my scumdar. I'm pretty happy with my vote for now.

We also need to hear more from the others. You'll find that there are scum in the shadows here.
Just read back a little more, and was reminded that CES is almost certainly town also. For the reasons I think I posted some way back.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:28 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Mirth wrote:^ Good Posting, but I still want to know why you voted jmar.
In due time, in due time.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:29 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

dybeck wrote:
Flameaxe wrote:No, read it. I say which are scummy. I'm not doing the work for you, this is your job to pick apart the case against you, not the person that made it.
Sorry, buddy. If you want a rebuttal, make a coherent case. Most of what you've written about me in that long post looks OK to me. Although I must admit I only scanned it - it's pretty long.
Sorry buddy, I have one. Try NOT scanning it. Just because it is long doesn't mean its ok to scan over a post, all that shows is that you are lazy.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:29 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

dybeck wrote:
Mirth wrote:Dybeck: is there a reason why everything you type doesnt really say anything new and/or productive?
I don't really agree with the premise of your question.
The evidence is in that 'oh, its too long, ima just skim' post.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:35 pm

Post by jmar »

Flameaxe, your comments are useless without posts to refer to. Nobody in their right mind is going to go through and match up your comments to the posts because that's stupid. All of a sudden it sounds like you don't agree with any of dybecks posts, so why did you just vote him now if he's been so scummy the entire time?
"Nobody fucks with the Jesus."
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:36 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

dybeck wrote:It occurs that I've not been particularly forthcoming with my opinions so far, whilst I've called repeatedly for others to show their colors. So that you get an idea of where I am, for now:

Hooray for terrible logic! Yay terrible logic!

It's tough to get a read on anyone with tunnel vision like you have. Me being an ass shouldn't really hide my play, I don't think it has in this game.

I shall agree with this one.

Thats the thing about Jmar, he's the other person I feel is slipping by without much pressure (oh noes, might I have slipped my reason to vote? Eek!). He hasn't done all too much to impress me either, and is next on my analysis list. Yes, I plan on analyzing most, if not all players. Maybe even connections of the dead players. And yes, this all plays into my earlier style, you just can't really tell yet.

I'm honestly happy with ABR's play for once...He seems like he almost cares about playing halfway decent in this game, not a copvigger.

Yarp.
If you don't have a brain: the bold is mine.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:19 pm

Post by Mirth »

jmar wrote:Flameaxe, your comments are useless without posts to refer to. Nobody in their right mind is going to go through and match up your comments to the posts because that's stupid. All of a sudden it sounds like you don't agree with any of dybecks posts, so why did you just vote him now if he's been so scummy the entire time?
It's really not that hard to open a new window, scroll down to the bottom, and click on "show all posts by dybeck." To be fair, Flameaxe hasn't been agreeing with most people throughout the course of this game so far. You, however, haven't been doing very much talking. I'd like to hear more from you.

As to dybeck's list of suspicion, I'm not liking how he's writing pretty much everyone except Unright/Albert and Flameaxe as probably town.

I also especially like how my other main suspect is featured as 90% town on Dybeck's list. Which leads to a whole lot of WIFOM. If Dybeck is scum, he can't *possibly* be that stupid as to say he thinks his partner is town. But he knows we think this, so he is saying he thinks his partner is town. But we know he knows this, so...and on and on and on. And yes, I do suppose that Originality is scum. Why? Because he hasn't done very much to make me think otherwise. Or done very much, period.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:46 pm

Post by dybeck »

Mirth wrote:As to dybeck's list of suspicion, I'm not liking how he's writing pretty much everyone except Unright/Albert and Flameaxe as probably town.
This particular piece of misrepresentation is totally beneath you. I clearly stated that there are two people I think are town, one that I think is scum, and the rest I'm not sure about.

I question why you would lie to make a town player look like scum. Why would this be?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:15 pm

Post by Mirth »

dybeck wrote:
Mirth wrote:As to dybeck's list of suspicion, I'm not liking how he's writing pretty much everyone except Unright/Albert and Flameaxe as probably town.
This particular piece of misrepresentation is totally beneath you. I clearly stated that there are two people I think are town, one that I think is scum, and the rest I'm not sure about.

I question why you would lie to make a town player look like scum. Why would this be?
Where did I lie? As far as I'm concerned, "no reason to suspect," which was your wording = writing people off as probably town. That and I want a decent reaction out of you, since you don't like to answer questions the way that they are posed to you.

Your accusation, by the way, since it came out as a pro-town claim, bothers me even more. You have no reason to call yourself a pro-town player at this point in time. Premature town claims bother me. Writing off someone as 90% on day two *really* bothers me. There are only three ways you could possibly know that someone is town. And you don't want to be admitting to any of them. Posting a list of not-suspicion (which is what your post pretty much is, except for your mistrust of Flameaxe and your continuted pursuit of Unright/Albert), doesn't really help anyone. Obvious reasons why.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:23 am

Post by Bookitty »

Okay, a reread of Dybeck makes me think that Flameaxe is right.

These two passages seem especially bad to me:
dybeck wrote:Seriously though Flameaxe... you don't help your side by getting yourself lynched.

I also agree that people shouldn't lynch you just because you have poor people skills - but this is the way the site works and you have to learn that you need to get used to it or your side will continue to lose games.
dybeck wrote:I don't think you're
trying
to get yourself lynched.

However, the end result of being a tit is that your lynch tends to happen more often than not.

That's the facts of life, son.

As I've already pointed out, if people weren't spending so much time talking to you about how unhelpful you are, they'd be spending a lot more time hunting scum.

This is what people mean. And you can rant and rave "No! Stop! It's my playstyle!" all you like, but it's really not helpful. Do you think your behaviour finds you scum? Does it keep you alive? I mean... what are you actually achieving? Are you just trying to be "quirky"? Do you see yourself as the site's "rebel without a cause"?

Grow up.
Why would you be certain enough that Flameaxe was town that you'd feel the need to give him a lot of helpful advice, if you were town? Scum can afford to be patronising since they know everyone's roles. And the entire tone of these two posts is that Flameaxe's side isn't the same as yours... yet you don't vote him. Why is that?

I also don't like the weird counterattack on Mirth. It was a valid question, and yours wasn't a valid response in my view.

So in response to your question:
dybeck wrote:TSQ, CES, jmar, bookitty, DrippingGoofball: What do you think about the latest bandwagon? Am I scum? Opinions people!
Yes. I think you are.

unvote; vote Dybeck
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
originality
originality
Goon
originality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:28 am

Post by originality »

It looks like a
lot
of things bother Mirth. Also half her posts are about telling other people their posts aren't worth anything. Nice masquerade there, seeming active but actually not? Maybe, maybe. The point is Mirth is on my top suspicion list. Trying to bring out the worse on everybody. Evidence:

These below make no sense:
Mirth wrote:We know that Putty Patrollers exist in this game. But we do not know if both Peers and Avalon were in fact patrollers. The first post says they were, but this could be a limited reveal game, where any townie who dies, regardless of actual role, could be labeled by the mod as patroller. We will not know this until someone who has claimed not-putty dies. While this scenerio is not very likely, it is possible, and shouldn't be thrown out right away.
Its better to have a narrower but strong list of suspects, if you suspect everyone in the game it leads to nowhere and is scumplay. No sense.

And this little exchange on page 34 was pretty odd:
Mirth:
But know do you know, Flameaxe? And why are you so resistant to giving a straight answer?
Flameaxe:
Because I'm having too much fun not revealing it.
Dybeck:
unvote, vote: Flameaxe. One good reason why not?
Mirth:
Dybeck, why are you jumping at Flameaxe all of a sudden? Surely, you've noticed he's been annoying and resistant for the past few pages?
Dybeck:
Voting him has proven elsewhere to make him more coherent. Let's see what he's trying to hide with this play acting.
Mirth:
You didn't actually answer my question, you know. I didn't ask why you voted him. I asked why you voted him *now* as opposed to some earlier point in time, since he's been keeping this nonsense up.
She just jumps from offensive to offensive. Its like she nitpicks all posts for some bad interpretation and goes with it. Now that bothers
me
originality
originality
Goon
originality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:29 am

Post by originality »

Oops, forgot.
vote Mirth
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:58 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Originality is too much of a pussy to bus his buddy. Haahahahahah.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:04 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Flameaxe wrote:Originality is too much of a pussy to bus his buddy. Haahahahahah.
What ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:09 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Flameaxe wrote:Originality is too much of a pussy to bus his buddy. Haahahahahah.
What ?
It's not too hard to understand...just look at what has generally been discussed...
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:21 pm

Post by Mirth »

Wow. An actual attack from Originality. I'm pleasently surprised. Would you care to elaborate more on what you don't like about my playstyle? Because I'd actually love to hear it. Because that would mean you'd be contributing.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:22 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Addition to request: Comment on Dybeckwagon™.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”