Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:39 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Or you could not fail at reading as much, because clearly you are. A good reader can easily bypass spam in a thread, you obviously did not. Head out of ass now please. Having your head up your ass is terribly anti-town. Please become less anti-town.

Also, nice set of 'equations' there, but you still missed where Spam = Scum, sorry.

I have an idea, lets wagon me up and lynch me. I'm completely serious here. Lynch me so Mars here will feel like a total dumbass.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:47 pm

Post by Iammars »

Flameaxe wrote:Or you could not fail at reading as much, because clearly you are. A good reader can easily bypass spam in a thread, you obviously did not. Head out of ass now please. Having your head up your ass is terribly anti-town. Please become less anti-town.

Also, nice set of 'equations' there, but you still missed where Spam = Scum, sorry.

I have an idea, lets wagon me up and lynch me. I'm completely serious here. Lynch me so Mars here will feel like a total dumbass.
Flameaxe, most people cannot determine spam until they start to read the post, unless of course one skips every post a person makes, which is really unfair to the person in question, as everyone makes contributions, just different people in different amounts.

And Spam != Scum, but Spam = Bad, and Bad = Higher on the Scumdar.

I'm not opposed to lynching you, and whether you are scum or not, I won't feel bad about it. Your posts in this game have not been helping to the town, and you show no sign of switching up. Even this debate that I've been having with you has made you post minimal content.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:48 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

And your content is way better.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:57 pm

Post by Iammars »

Yeah, it is. I'm trying to make statements and prove them. You're just performing actions that hurt the town, and when forced you're forced to contribute, you make minimalistic responses. I'm not saying that every post of yours has to be long, that would be hypocritical. But the occasional long post would be nice.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:00 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Hooray, another contentless post. You and the person you have replaced have done the exact same things, contentwise. Try better, scumbag.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:00 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Iammars wrote:I'm not opposed to lynching you, and whether you are scum or not, I won't feel bad about it. Your posts in this game have not been helping to the town
So if Flameaxe is town, you think it's a pro-town move to lynch him?

Honestly, putting forth a plan to lynch people regardless of whether they are town or not seems really scummy. I don't mind your criticism of pickemgenius's play, which I inherited, or your dislike of spam... but this attitude of cavalier lynching regardless of alignment is just flat wrong.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:02 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

I wouldn't mind a Mars lynch. In fact...
Unvote Vote: Mars
. This is a much better play. Diescumdie.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:03 pm

Post by Iammars »

Bookitty wrote:but this attitude of cavalier lynching regardless of alignment is just flat wrong.
If someone is performing anti-town behavior, and won't stop, then it is necessary to lynch them to get them to stop. I'm a full believer in policy lynches to get people to stop willingly doing anti-town behavior as a town member.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:04 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Go ahead, I won't stop because silly little Mars has a policy against it.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:08 pm

Post by Iammars »

Flameaxe wrote:Go ahead, I won't stop because silly little Mars has a policy against it.
Okay, then I hope that you understand that I'll attempt to get you lynched in every game you do it in.

Seriously though, performing saying that you won't stop performing anti-town behavior is a bad thing.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:10 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

I do what I do for a reason. Always. Even playing anti-town like this. I'm sorry that you need to bitch about spam like this.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:11 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Also, policy lynches are terribly anti-town, don't you know that by now?
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:16 pm

Post by Iammars »

I'm not saying that you don't have a reason for what you're doing. I'm just saying that it's a bad reason, whether you seem to think so or not.

And yes, I do need to complain about spam. Spam detracts from the game. I came here to play mafia, not hijack the thread.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:19 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Then actually scumhunt please. I have seen absolutely nothing of the sort so far. You have done exactly what your predecessor has done: Complain and pressure those who committed the act of spamming, and then go with the crowd on Tar. I really like my vote, if you can't tell.

Who the fuck are you to tell me my reason is a bad one, when you don't even know the reason in the first place? The way I play and scumhunt is different than yours, deal with it. I don't play the norm. Who the fuck cares? (You, clearly...)
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:24 pm

Post by Iammars »

Flameaxe wrote:Then actually scumhunt please. I have seen absolutely nothing of the sort so far. You have done exactly what your predecessor has done: Complain and pressure those who committed the act of spamming, and then go with the crowd on Tar. I really like my vote, if you can't tell.
What do you think I've been doing the last 10 posts? I've been trying, and succeeding, to prove that you're not helping the town. That's the first step to scumhunting.
Flameaxe wrote:Who the fuck are you to tell me my reason is a bad one, when you don't even know the reason in the first place? The way I play and scumhunt is different than yours, deal with it. I don't play the norm. Who the fuck cares? (You, clearly...)
You're absolutely right, I don't know your reason. From what I've seen of you and other games I've encountered you in, I can give a fair guess though. I understand you don't play the norm, but there's a difference between not playing the norm and playing in a way that hurts the town.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:27 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Its funny being told I'm not scumhunting from one who has done nothing of the sort.

I'm not hurting the town at all, I'm arguing against your retarded scumtells that result in little or no actual scumhunting. Going after someone who spams is like going after someone who is lurking. Easy targets. How about some more opinions.

(Still need to diescumdie.)
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:28 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Also, if you think I am hurting the town so much, why not just vote me already? I know you already know I am town because I'm not your scumbuddy, but just come on and commit a little!
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:33 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Because 2 wasn't enough:

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

Hey, am I scum yet?
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:40 pm

Post by Iammars »

Flameaxe wrote:Its funny being told I'm not scumhunting from one who has done nothing of the sort.
So I make a point, and you say "Nuh-uh!" I expect that from the 7th graders I tutor, not from the mafia players I play with.
Flameaxe wrote:I'm not hurting the town at all, I'm arguing against your retarded scumtells that result in little or no actual scumhunting. Going after someone who spams is like going after someone who is lurking. Easy targets. How about some more opinions.
Right now, you are helping the town because you are arguing against me to prove that you're town. That's helping the town. I'm not arguing as much on what you're doing now as what you were doing before I replaced.

Comparing going after someone who is lurking and going after someone is spamming isn't a good comparison. No one really intends to lynch lurkers, just put some pressure on them so that they start talking. On the other hand, there are people (myself included) that actually do intend to lynch spammers because it detracts and distracts from the game.

And you were talking about me and DGB doing the same thing. If two well established mafia players are doing the same thing, then there must be something about it that's right.

Despite the fact I just spent 4 paragraphs trying to prove you wrong, I would like to thank you for posting more than one line in response to my arguments.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:46 pm

Post by Iammars »

Flameaxe wrote:Also, if you think I am hurting the town so much, why not just vote me already? I know you already know I am town because I'm not your scumbuddy, but just come on and commit a little!
Because I think that Tar is scummier than you. You're tied for second on my list ATM. There are things more scummy than spamming, but after Tar and you + the other spammers, there isn't much else that I saw that was scummy. However, if it comes down to lynching the spammers, here's my order:
Flameaxe
UltimaAvalon
pickem's replacement
Oman
How was the order decided? Gut mainly, plus who is more likely to contribute positively in the future.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:52 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Except going after spammers ISN'T the right thing to do, especially because you haven't commented on anyone else, or even those spammers and what they've done beyond that. I really hope you aren't planning on pushing a lynch just based on spam. I will say that spam can contribute to someone being scummy, but that alone just doesn't work. (Yes, if you can't tell, this is a paragraph asking for a bit more analysis on the rest of the players. You haven't really touched on many people since you joined, much like DGB.)

PS. My post and your reading of it ("Nuh-uh") simply doesn't work. Sorry for hurting your feelings with a good dose of liquid truth (now in black raspberry flavour!).

Oh what I meant to say way: "So I make a point back, and you say "You are so immature, lets try to grow up here!" Very smooth. I expect that from...well, I did expect it from you.

In closing, this is a game. I know that I personally play a game because it is (what people usually refer to as) "fun". Some people (like myself at the time of the 'incident') find spamming such as what occurred to be fun.

To close my closing, try to have some fun. But before doing that, you should watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqhfLTsEeZg
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:02 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Iammars wrote:
Flameaxe wrote:Also, if you think I am hurting the town so much, why not just vote me already? I know you already know I am town because I'm not your scumbuddy, but just come on and commit a little!
Because I think that Tar is scummier than you. You're tied for second on my list ATM. There are things more scummy than spamming, but after Tar and you + the other spammers, there isn't much else that I saw that was scummy. However, if it comes down to lynching the spammers, here's my order:
Flameaxe
UltimaAvalon
pickem's replacement
Oman
How was the order decided? Gut mainly, plus who is more likely to contribute positively in the future.
So...you have absolutely NOTHING to comment on beyond people spamming and that Tar is scummy (thats the end of that comment)? 35 pages and NOTHING AT ALL? Reaaaaly? Now I know why I'm at the top here. I know all!
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:03 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Triple posting fun:

I changed my mind, this game isn't really mafia so you can't actually scumhunt. Thanks Ether!
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:05 pm

Post by Iammars »

Flameaxe wrote:Except going after spammers ISN'T the right thing to do, especially because you haven't commented on anyone else, or even those spammers and what they've done beyond that. I really hope you aren't planning on pushing a lynch just based on spam. I will say that spam can contribute to someone being scummy, but that alone just doesn't work. (Yes, if you can't tell, this is a paragraph asking for a bit more analysis on the rest of the players. You haven't really touched on many people since you joined, much like DGB.)
In most games, you're right. Pushing a lynch based on spam usually is a bad idea and won't go through. However, this game has been
defined
by spam. When the moderator has to add a rule to the game's rule set in the middle of the game telling you to stop spamming, there's something seriously wrong.
Flameaxe wrote:PS. My post and your reading of it ("Nuh-uh") simply doesn't work. Sorry for hurting your feelings with a good dose of liquid truth (now in black raspberry flavour!).

Oh what I meant to say way: "So I make a point back, and you say "You are so immature, lets try to grow up here!" Very smooth. I expect that from...well, I did expect it from you.
So I spend part of the previous post saying that I am scumhunting, and you posting right afterwards that I wasn't scumhunting without posting why my argument was wrong isn't saying "Nuh-uh"?
And I see no problem with my response.
Flameaxe wrote:In closing, this is a game. I know that I personally play a game because it is (what people usually refer to as) "fun". Some people (like myself at the time of the 'incident') find spamming such as what occurred to be fun.

To close my closing, try to have some fun. But before doing that, you should watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqhfLTsEeZg
I play the game for fun too. (and for other reasons, but that's a story for my college application essay) I'm glad you find spamming fun. However spamming hurts the mafia game because it makes it not fun for everyone else. I'm glad you feel like making the rest of the town have less fun so you can have more fun. That's great for you, but the rest of us is kinda pissed about it,
including the mod

And as for your "SPAM" post, that was completely unnecessary and shouldn't have been posted in the first place, and detracts from the argument in the first place.
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:08 pm

Post by Iammars »

Flameaxe wrote:So...you have absolutely NOTHING to comment on beyond people spamming and that Tar is scummy (thats the end of that comment)? 35 pages and NOTHING AT ALL? Reaaaaly? Now I know why I'm at the top here. I know all!
No, I've got more to comment, but you happen to be on now so being able to get a whole bunch of posts with argument with one of the players I consider scummy is a good thing. If UltimaAvalon was on I would be arguing with him right now.

However, I did find less people scummy in this game than I normally do. We don't have 35 pages of content, just 35 pages of posts. I think you underestimate how annoying and detracting spam can be, especially for someone who doesn't like their spam and their mafia mixed.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”