Mini 527 - Doom in Valencia - Game Over!

soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:19 pm

Post by soupfly »

MeMe wrote:Even our
mod
hasn't been here for more than a week. I don't think this game is worth playing, quite frankly. The five of us who have posted in the last few days should just go sign up for the next mini game. Deal?
unfortunately this game has been dying a slow death for a while now. i had hoped we could revive it but clearly there's just too many inactives and i just can't see it taking off again.

having said that, i won't quit the game because i want to give jenter (our mod) the chance to save it but at the same time i will take MeMe's advice and sign up for the next mini with the idea that this game is probably dead.

i'll check this game from time to time to see if anything picks up but ain't gonna post unless i see that there's some life to it.

Mod Vote Count:
Selande (1): McStab
RideTheBomb (1): MeMe
soupfly (2): SirWario, Archaist
Sikario8 (1): Neko2086
neko2086 (2): gorckat, soupfly
SirWario (1): Sikario8

not voting: Archaist, Selande, Deathguise
i am sofa king!
stupid...
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:47 am

Post by neko2086 »

I have to agree there. Jenter should at least be given the chance to either get us replacements or let us know if he's just too busy to run a game. I think if he could get us mass replacements and dedicate some attention to it, we might still be able to keep it going.

Easy for me to say though. I didn't decide to limit myself to one game like Meme, so I can see why she's kinda pissed right now. I'll probably join you two, but I'll also be keeping tabs on this one in case it does bounce back.
In Tartiflette We Trust
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:33 am

Post by gorckat »

vote: Abandon

If we get replacements en masse, then fine. Otherwise, I'm fine with moving on.
Sikario8
Sikario8
Goon
Sikario8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:01 am

Post by Sikario8 »

gorckat wrote:
Sikario8 wrote:
gorckat wrote:Ooh- I like the little colored dots. They make for a very convincing
argument
:P
Where's yours?
In case you were asking that "for real":

I voted neko because he seemed to say one thing and do another a few times. soupfly pointed out his blandness and hesitancy to voice suspicion, which I'd seen but couldn't verbalize (it was an unconscious cue/read on my part). You've caught another inconsistency of the same character as the ones that made me vote him.
+5 town points IMO
gorckat wrote:
vote: Abandon

If we get replacements en masse, then fine. Otherwise, I'm fine with moving on.
As in leaving the game? (Excuse me, I'm a bit slow...)
'Sikario not having "Townsperson" disturbs me. Please rectify this thok.' --Oman
:roll:
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:13 am

Post by gorckat »

Yeah, pretty much.

One person has said they want to bail (MeMe)
Two have said they'll bail if the game is dead (soup and Neko)
7 people are inactive over one week.

I'm agreeing with MeMe.

I played in a Mini that had 11 total replacements for 12 players, one role being replaced 3 times and two roles replaced twice. It took ~8 months. It was not fun.

If we got a load of replacements all at once, then awesome. Realistically, I do not expect that to happen.
Sikario8
Sikario8
Goon
Sikario8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:14 am

Post by Sikario8 »

:?
'Sikario not having "Townsperson" disturbs me. Please rectify this thok.' --Oman
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:04 am

Post by Jenter Brolincani »

Sending out mass 48hr prod. I'll try and get this back on the rails as best I can.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:11 am

Post by gorckat »

Cool!
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:25 am

Post by gorckat »

More.

Did I do that right :P
Sikario8
Sikario8
Goon
Sikario8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:41 am

Post by Sikario8 »

neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:11 am

Post by neko2086 »

Questions for sikario:

how do you calculate your townie points? :P Seriously, though, I don't know how you see that as a townie post on behalf of Gorckat. To me, that post says, "yeah, what he said." I don't know about you, but I'm a bit unnerved by people who vote for the sake of voting without actually contributing anything.

I'm anxious for mass replacement day. Luckily, we haven't gotten so far where replacements mess up discussion. Most of the probable replacees haven't really contributed much, so their loss won't be very devastating. Meme, are you willing to give Jenter another chance?
In Tartiflette We Trust
Sikario8
Sikario8
Goon
Sikario8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:14 am

Post by Sikario8 »

neko2086 wrote:Questions for sikario:

how do you calculate your townie points? :P Seriously, though, I don't know how you see that as a townie post on behalf of Gorckat.
To me, that post says, "yeah, what he said."
I don't know about you, but
I'm a bit unnerved by people who vote for the sake of voting without actually contributing anything.

I'm anxious for mass replacement day.
Luckily, we haven't gotten so far where replacements mess up discussion.
Most of the probable replacees haven't really contributed much, so their loss won't be very devastating. Meme, are you willing to give Jenter another chance?
I
find no fallacy within these statements (even if he may be talking about me). Gorckat, care to rebut?
That's one of the reasons I use these bullets - to show where my argument is based and to help those who are too lazy to look back, as I can sometimes be when I'm in a rush. O yea, they help replacements too...I think...
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:53 am

Post by gorckat »

I haven't fairly warned people yet- I
will
bastardize your name into whatever abbreviation works best in my mind as "casual". I prefer gorc, not gor, but to each his own :P
Sik wrote:Gorckat, care to rebut?
Not much to rebut. I think I was the first to cite "inconsistency" on his part as my main motive. The 'yeah what they said' were two posts by others that confirmed a feeling I'd had but couldn't express (tentativeness) and another inconsistency (tunnel vision) of the sort that made me vote him.

neko: Even if I hadn't expressed anything "original", are we expected to?Do you expect each vote to have original reasons to back it up?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:23 am

Post by Guardian »

Hi. Jenter asked me very nicely to replace in; I am in for RideTheBomb.

I want to say upfront that I agree with MeMe in that, if Jenter doesn't start taking moding this game MUCH more seriously, it should be abandoned.

He assured me I am the first step in that direction, though, so I agreed to replace in.

I skimmed the game, and, best I can tell, SirWario is scum.

vote: SirWario

Nothing terribly innovative from me here; he isn't being particularly helpful while looking like he is trying to be.

After him, I'd say soupfly and sikario8 catch my eye, of the actives. Scum could very well be among the inactive players, though.

I can't say much for RTB's play. Chalk it up to inexperience.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:01 pm

Post by MeMe »

neko2086 wrote:Meme, are you willing to give Jenter another chance?
Sure -- until the game's officially dead, I'll stick. It's weird to be the one in charge of "calling" mini games when I'm in one that's looking near-death, but I'd not do it until the general consensus is that it's no longer salvageable .

I'm eager to see who turns up during Jenter's 48-hour posting deadline.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Pra a Funkee Homo Sapien
Pra a Funkee Homo Sapien
Townie
Pra a Funkee Homo Sapien
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:39 pm

Post by Pra a Funkee Homo Sapien »

Pra reporting in at the request of Jenter.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:32 pm

Post by neko2086 »

2 replacements so far. Woot!

To Gor :P I believe that the answer to your question would be, "uh... yeah" Why on earth should we trust you if you're going to play the 'yes man' all day? To me, this is lurking in plain sight. Posting for the sake of posting, and voting for the sake of voting. Feigning participation to get by, without having to say anything very incriminating. The town is way more likely to risk putting their foot in their mouth to make a good strong point. Scum is more likely to sit back and let townies put feet in their mouths.

Now, you did mention inconsistencies, good, but honestly, a good mafia can be just as consistent as a good townie, so that seems like a weak argument to me, and so far, that seems to be all you have. Is that all you have? I wouldn't know, because you haven't really elaborated anything. That's unfortunate for you.

That said, I hope to see more views and opinions coming from you as replacements filter in.

Speaking of replacements, welcome! I hope you will all be active so that this game doesn't have to die. Though there isn't much to analyze, I'd appreciate your thoughts on recent events. Guardian has already done so to some extent, which is great.

On we go!
In Tartiflette We Trust
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:38 am

Post by soupfly »

need more replacements!
i am sofa king!
stupid...
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:36 pm

Post by SirWario »

Ok, I'm very sorry for the lack of posting. Ive just been busy with some other things. But I'm back and happy to see the game picking up.
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:13 am

Post by Archaist »

First of all, I've had final exams recently so I apologize for not posting.

Ok, back to the game:
neko2086 wrote:The town is way more likely to risk putting their foot in their mouth to make a good strong point. Scum is more likely to sit back and let townies put feet in their mouths.
You do realize that this statement is overused and very WIFOM right? I've seen this used so much (I've probably used it myself) but does it really hold any merit? It could easily be scum trying to cover up their risky actions by saying they are just being an active townie and "putting themselves out there." Likewise, a townie might hang back if they have some kind of special role or if they are just cautious in general. I really don't think you can generalize it so simply.

You then say:
neko2086 wrote:a good mafia can be just as consistent as a good townie
Doesn't this contradict the point I previously quoted? On one hand you say that scum is more likely to sit back, then right after that you say that they can be just as consistent as a townie. To me that means consistent in posting, viewpoints, suspicions, etc. So which is it? The obvious answer is that scum can be both, but admitting that makes a good portion of your post meaningless.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:44 am

Post by gorckat »

me wrote:neko: Even if I hadn't expressed anything "original", are we expected to?Do you expect each vote to have original reasons to back it up?
neko wrote:I believe that the answer to your question would be, "uh... yeah" Why on earth should we trust you if you're going to play the 'yes man' all day?
What I meant to ask, more specifically, is once a case is made and you agree with it, what else can you add?
neko wrote:Now, you did mention inconsistencies, good, but honestly, a good mafia can be just as consistent as a good townie, so that seems like a weak argument to me, and so far, that seems to be all you have. Is that all you have? I wouldn't know, because you haven't really elaborated anything. That's unfortunate for you.

Let's elaborate more now:

There was the post questioning why MeMe got on Jester, but not vellon. I thought it was obvious that vellon hadn't posted anywhere from MeMe's post. If it was honest confusion, fine- it is a small thing, but didn't sit well with me.

There was the postlooking at Archaist for wanting to wait for the last 2 people. You seem to be wanting confirmation for an attack on him. You voted him after soupfly we should get it on, which struck me as a tad odd (tenative, as later pointed out).

You didn't vote me when you said I was opportunistic scum, again seeming to look for confirmation to attack, nor did you when you felt I was hiding something.
neko wrote:So for either you or soupfly to jump onto a wagon (if 3 votes in a 12-player game counts as a wagon), I think that's a bit fishy, but not nearly worrisome enough for me to place a vote. I will keep it in mind, though.
Looks like that was said because no one jumped on with you.
neko wrote:I'd be hesitant about voting for you, but nobody is, currently, so there's no danger yet. I think you've deserved a

vote:sikario
I don't think anyone was voting me, either, when you were suspecting me.

I think that is everything up to where I voted you. I didn't keep notes, so I may have forgotten something not mentioned.
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:49 am

Post by Jenter Brolincani »

I'm fighting off a fever atm :(

So I need to replace Mcstab and deathguise, and the rest of you (particularly Selande, Arch, Wario and Soup) need to up the posting a bit.

Ok, I'll get looking for replacements now.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:28 am

Post by neko2086 »

Archaist/Gorckat: Fair enough. Though I will say that if you're going to agree with somebody, it helps to have something new to add if you're going to post about it. Otherwise, you're not really contributing anything, and that's not particularily helpful. I agree with many things that people say, but I generally won't post about it unless I feel I've got something to build off of it. Is that unreasonable?

As far as consistency goes, I'm not talking about amount of posting or length of posting, though if you wanted to go there, I would ask what that really has to do with consistency... I mean, there have been people who have been consistently lurking or not present at all, but that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I'm simply saying that if the mafia are playing wisely, they can make just as consistent arguments as a good townie. So if I'm being inconsistent, that's an oversight on my part, but I'm wondering how that justifies my being scum. Not a convincing argument to me, but maybe that's just me.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Sikario8
Sikario8
Goon
Sikario8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:32 am

Post by Sikario8 »

neko2086 wrote:Archaist/Gorckat: Fair enough. Though I will say that if you're going to agree with somebody, it helps to have something new to add if you're going to post about it. Otherwise, you're not really contributing anything, and that's not particularily helpful. I agree with many things that people say, but I generally won't post about it unless I feel I've got something to build off of it. Is that unreasonable?

As far as consistency goes, I'm not talking about amount of posting or length of posting, though if you wanted to go there, I would ask what that really has to do with consistency... I mean,
there have been people who have been consistently lurking or not present at all
, but that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I'm simply saying that if the mafia are playing wisely, they can make just as consistent arguments as a good townie. So if I'm being inconsistent, that's an oversight on my part, but I'm wondering how that justifies my being scum. Not a convincing argument to me, but maybe that's just me.
Should we wagon/pressure/lynch them?
Pra a Funkee Homo Sapien
Pra a Funkee Homo Sapien
Townie
Pra a Funkee Homo Sapien
Townie
Townie

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:32 am

Post by Pra a Funkee Homo Sapien »

Hey guys. I am now officially in the game. Before we start, I think you should know a little about me. I've been playing Mafia in Jentor's other forum TWCenter. I like this game a lot and am not a novice at it (at least). Now then that's a brief character analysis.

I forget who I am replacing, but I'll go back and look at each post to see where we are at currently! (neko you're from MN, Cool me too! I live in the Twin Cities-MPLS to be exact.) 8-)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”