Large Normal 199: L'Hôtel Pleuvoir (Fin)

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2775 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:19 pm

Post by Cabd »

Hey ceph fuck your pagetop. PS. The comparisons are many to that game
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2776 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:55 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2751, Cabd wrote:That said; Titus; mason buddy of mine; where's your head now that xmas is over and lynchmas is on?
It's in a cold tailspin. I want a VC but I am in a call the scumteam kind of mood.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2777 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2762, mozamis wrote:Titus - OMGUsing me for me slagging them off earlier.
This is p much Titus in a nutshell. I feel like my d1 case on her was solid. Like, in our last game I had a scum read on me-she ignored me and then when I called her out for lurking she went on to claim that I tunnel her regardless of alignment and that I was being mean or whatever. She did the same thing here so exactly why shouldn't I have thought she was scum? So why wasn't I getting much traction? Is she scum and her team wasn't bussing? Is she town and scum knew she was/thought she was traitor and/or got off of her for the little town cred? I kinda of think the later wich is why we should be lynching SSBM.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2778 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:23 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 2738, Alisae wrote:Dear Santa, I want to vig the following people:
Sonia
Tywin
Nos
Nos is town gun to my head fwiw
In post 2751, Cabd wrote:That said; Titus; mason buddy of mine; where's your head now that xmas is over and lynchmas is on?
Is this a hard claim because you 2 have been crumbing it long enough and that's the only reason I can think you would claim a 1-shot GS on her when the clear call for 1-shot GS would be to check the SK suspect. Had you down to 1 of 2-3 possible Titus mason partners yesterday and I've been itching to say something since so many were SRing Titus yesterday.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2779 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:31 pm

Post by Alisae »

He may be town to you, but a match of russian roulette may prove you wrong ;)
GTKAS
| here.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2780 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:11 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2777, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2762, mozamis wrote:Titus - OMGUsing me for me slagging them off earlier.
This is p much Titus in a nutshell. I feel like my d1 case on her was solid. Like, in our last game I had a scum read on me-she ignored me and then when I called her out for lurking she went on to claim that I tunnel her regardless of alignment and that I was being mean or whatever. She did the same thing here so exactly why shouldn't I have thought she was scum? So why wasn't I getting much traction? Is she scum and her team wasn't bussing? Is she town and scum knew she was/thought she was traitor and/or got off of her for the little town cred? I kinda of think the later wich is why we should be lynching SSBM.
Or you were actually just doing bullshit and should be ignored until you try to sort someone for reasons beyond didn't pay attention?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2781 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:12 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2778, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
Sonia
Tywin
Nos
Is this a hard claim because you 2 have been crumbing it long enough and that's the only reason I can think you would claim a 1-shot GS on her when the clear call for 1-shot GS would be to check the SK suspect. Had you down to 1 of 2-3 possible Titus mason partners yesterday and I've been itching to say something since so many were SRing Titus yesterday.
Why are you mason hunting? Why did you suppose I had a mason?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2782 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:16 pm

Post by Pine »

WTF?

Titus, if you are a Mason, please claim, do not claim your partner. If you are, that is a hardcore 100% no-takebacks scumslip from scum with a rolecop on the team.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2783 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:23 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2782, Pine wrote:WTF?

Titus, if you are a Mason, please claim, do not claim your partner. If you are, that is a hardcore 100% no-takebacks scumslip from scum with a rolecop on the team.
Why is that?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2784 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:24 pm

Post by Pine »

Because if they know you're a Mason, it's because they were privy to an investigative result that revealed your role; Town rolecops aren't unknown, but they wouldn't be actively hunting your partner.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2785 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:25 pm

Post by Pine »

Ergo, they have info from a scum rolecop.

None of this is relevant if Kyouko is wrong.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2786 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:55 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2784, Pine wrote:Because if they know you're a Mason, it's because they were privy to an investigative result that revealed your role; Town rolecops aren't unknown, but they wouldn't be actively hunting your partner.
Not a mason.

If i scumread SSM, I would be pushing this further in hypotheticals.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2787 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:35 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 2781, Titus wrote:
In post 2778, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
Sonia
Tywin
Nos
Why are you mason hunting? Why did you suppose I had a mason?
Masons are town. Knowing who town is makes it easier to decide who to lynch. I saw you crumb it, just going to post the first crumb I noticed for now. If you want I'll post everything that made me think you're a mason and why I ended up thinking Cabd was your partner, but that will take a lot of ISO scrolling and would probably be a waste of effort. In case they're scum faking it and I die later on, town should multi-ISO Titus and I to see for themselves the clues are there. Not all of them are in that multi-ISO but there are indicators
In post 853, Titus wrote:*looks at Alisae*

Lapsa probably isn't town. Sonia should be higher. AJ lower. Pine isn't posting excessively elsewhere to the point where lowering him is warranted. Moz is still likely town.

*searches for
brick
wall*
If this wasn't a crumb what was it?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2788 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:02 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 2786, Titus wrote:
In post 2784, Pine wrote:Because if they know you're a Mason, it's because they were privy to an investigative result that revealed your role; Town rolecops aren't unknown, but they wouldn't be actively hunting your partner.
Not a mason.

If i scumread SSM, I would be pushing this further in hypotheticals.
Okay, disregard my last several posts then.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2789 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:04 pm

Post by Pine »

And while I would buy that as a Mason crumb, it isn't blatant or obvious. It's probably just an expression of frustration.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2790 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:05 pm

Post by Pine »

Kyouko actually comes out of this with Townpoints. I figure a scum who spotted what they thought was a Mason crumb would just kill said person and be done with it, rather than try to publicly solve the game. Or at least they'd point out the crumb to their buddies in private and not share the observation with Town.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2791 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:50 pm

Post by Pine »

This is the Townbloc I'm seeing right now, by the way:

==Upstanding Citizens==
Pine - My role PM says so.
Titus - Solid Townread, supported by consistent attacks by by Cloudkicker
Cabd - Solid Townread, supported by clearing Titus. No reason to clear her or even claim if scum.

==Probationary Members==
Sonia - Interactions with Cloudkicker. See post 2301 for details.
Kyouko - Recent developments, gamesolving
Nero - Attacked consistently by Cloudkicker
Alisae - Attacked consistently by Cloudkicker, probationary due to possible (even likely) status as SK.
Gamma - Attacked consistently by Cloudkicker

That's 8/14 of the playerlist. Hunh. I've never been especially good at Townhunting, but this game seems like a bit of a perfect storm for it.

==Scumlist==
Tywin - I reread him, and the scumvibes are strong. The fact that he has pretty much gone to ground after the pressure lifted from him reinforces the notion that the initial scumread was sound, and all that AtE was an attempt to gain sympathy. Fire away, Alisae.
Mozamis - Explored elsewhere, mostly to do with disingenuous and inconsistent reads and justifications.

That leaves a remarkably small nullpile...

==Meh==
Elbirn & AJ - I keep getting these two mixed up. Neither has come off as Townish, but neither have they made any notable errors or slips. They could be scum playing it close to the vest or cautious Town. I don't know yet.
Nosferatu - Who? I looked this guy up, and his site-wide wordcount in the last ten days is smaller than this post alone. That suggests NAI lurker to me, and probably flake-bait. Complains about catching up difficulties. I can empathize with that to an extent, but come on, man. We're no longer at a 20-pages-a-day pace. Skim a bit. I won't shed any tears if he gets vigged, though I always prefer someone scummy to a lurker any day of the week.
Syryana - Again, who? I haven't interacted with this slot all game. I see a ton of fluff and nonsense in his ISO. Lots of memes, not a lot of scumhunting. Actually, he hasn't posted anywhere on site in a week.

@Mod: Can we get a replacement on Syryana? Or at least a fairly insistent prodding?

Okay, there are my thoughts. Some feedback and discussion would be appreciated. Apologies for multiposting, I know that makes me a hypocrite and I don't care.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2792 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:07 am

Post by Pine »

While I am shamelessly multiposting at 6AM...

Note to Mod and other players: I'm might have somewhat limited access until after the first of the year. I think the place we're going has wifi, but I may be restricted to phoneposting.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2793 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:07 am

Post by Pine »

Also, to the people who were bitching that I wasn't posting enough D1...

Eat me.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2794 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:56 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

btw we never really talked about this, but now that we've seen a traitor I decided to look at the archives and I think we're looking at 4 scum total. There are 4 games with traitors in the archives. 3 of those games were 16, 19, and 21 players total with 3 scum + a traitor. ika/Titus's NY180 is a 21 player game with 4 scum + a traitor + a mass murderer (old name for SK?), but town had a good amount of stopping power for the kills (2 non-consecutive night doctors, a 3-shot commuter), and a vengeful that could reflexively kill any scum that night-killed it so until we see a vengeful flip I think 4 scum is the best assumption. That means 3 left, for anyone trying to look for team associations. Also might be helpful to look at Cloud's interactions with the assumption he knows only 3 players are scum in case it looks like there could be a 4th, could help us narrow down suspects

@Pine - would have to reread Cloud's ISO again and see who he was pushing, see how serious pushes look before I used them as evidence for town status of Nero/Gamma. Alisae I don't think is SK, forgot why because work, booze, lots of games. Oh yeah, it was that Vig crumb when she thanked Gamma for saving her the trouble of vigging Tywin. I don't remember Cloud attacking Titus, more like he was defending Tywin. P sure Titus and Cabd are masons still so I won't doubt you there though. Even if they're not masons Titus is still my top TR and Cabd is high-tier.

About Tywin going to ground: that means you think he's under the radar, right? Just another way of saying that? Not sure what that "gone to ground" means.

Elbirn I placed higher in my reads yesterday due to suspicion that he was Titus's mason buddy. Also not as sure on him today. Aj I've gone back and forth on a lot. Really disliked the way they argued this morning about me being scum, and the way they tried to make my clarification look like discrediting. Having a lot of trouble sorting that slot.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2795 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:54 am

Post by Pine »

17 players means a standard of 4 scum, rarely any more or fewer. Traitor could take the place of one of those four, but is a bit of a liability. That means either 3+Traitor, likely with some extra scum power, or 4+Traitor, with tons of Town power and little or no scum power (daytalk might be sufficient). Site meta is leaning towards less scum power these days, so I'm guessing the former.

Stop with Mason spec. Outing the Masons is not pro-Town. Titus denied it anyway.

I'm actually leaning towards Alisae as SK. Mostly a gut feeling. Always hard to tell with Vig/SK claims, due to lack of associatives and similar MO. Maybe it's that she seems eager to please, too quick to trust others. Real!Vig would be less trusting, I think. Either way, I don't want her to make it to endgame.

"Going to ground" is a colloquial saying originating from when a hunted animal suddenly hides and goes still, hoping to evade pursuers with sudden camouflage and lack of motion. In a more modern context, it is often used in action movies when someone trying to evade the authorities hides in plain sight among the populace, trusting to anonymity. It applies to Tywin's behavior here.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2796 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:09 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

When I think I've seen mason crumbs and then I'm told that no we're not masons it makes me suspicious because sometimes scum crumb roles for fakeclaiming when it is convenient. How is it anti town to make sure that is not what's happening right now?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2797 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:12 am

Post by Cabd »

Not a mason in any way shape or form; am exactly as claimed. Titus to me is functionally a mason unless I think she's a scumdoc, which makes no sense given the limited utility of my role and the existing number of "fake" results my role could have generated from flipped/claimed roles alone.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2798 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:13 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 2791, Pine wrote:@Mod: Can we get a replacement on Syryana? Or at least a fairly insistent prodding?
In post 2710, Cephrir wrote:I have become aware that Syryana is having some access issues and will not be prodding or replacing him at this time.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2799 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:16 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 2795, Pine wrote:I'm actually leaning towards Alisae as SK. Mostly a gut feeling. Always hard to tell with Vig/SK claims, due to lack of associatives and similar MO. Maybe it's that she seems eager to please, too quick to trust others. Real!Vig would be less trusting, I think. Either way, I don't want her to make it to endgame.
Disagree think he's more likely than not vig and just really... bubbly, as tally-wa would put it. Doesn't matter, not allowed into any lylo scenarios. (better for him though if he gets to win)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”