Mini #509: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Game Over!

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:45 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

That's all fine and dandy, and heh, I didn't think you were serious at first. So, let's get knee deep into theory: why do you not like pro-town-claims ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:54 pm

I don't follow here:
Peers wrote:
UltimaAvalon in 477 wrote:
Peers wrote:Anyway, are you going to take this opertunity to think about who else is scum, or are you just going to continue to antagonize me?
Are you going to come up with more compelling arguments? Or are you going to continue to follow the gut of the guy who thinks you're town, while at the same time feeding us nothing but emotional bullshit?
Who the fuck am I following? I'm not voting for anyone. I'm saying, flat out, okay, I'm lynched when deadline gets here. Unless you think I'm the only scum in the game, you should be looking for the other ones! Christ, what the hell's wrong with you?
Peers in 481 wrote:
UltimaAvalon wrote:
Peers wrote:Unless you think I'm the only scum in the game, you should be looking for the other ones!
Thanks for claiming Scum
It's like talking to a retarded monkey, only without the benefit of the doubt that sign language to English translation brings.

That's not a claim, that's an acknowledgment that you think I'm scum. You're wrong, of course, but that never factored into your thinking... it would mean you'd need to able to consciously consider the fact you might be wrong and of course, you're never wrong. Or am I putting words in your mouth again when I say you think I'm scum? Am I inferring too much from your vote?
dybeck in 482 wrote:
FOS: UltimaAvalon
for misrepresentation.

Peers, try to post something less whiny. Like, why don't you tell us who you think is scum?
In your opinion at the time, why was this a misrepresentation ? Why did you FoS UA for it Dybek ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:03 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Albert B. Rampage replaces Unright effective immediately.
Oh god...sorry for everyone else playing, I don't know what might happen with us together. Maybe a cop lynch? (or nuke...)
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:06 pm

I've vigged cops three times in my mafia career, beat that. Hai Flameaxe. I added a quote of you in my wiki, hope you don't mind.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:24 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Whatever, seems like a good description of your play to me. Keep it, I insist. Hai ABR.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:24 pm

Post by Mirth »

...wait...don't tell me...you like to spout nonsense just like Flameaxe?

I don't like pro-town claims because most of the time they are uncalled for. I'm actually completely against claiming unless it becomes totally necessary or unaviodable. Claims give scum a definate advantage. Why?

1. If a townie claims (a powerrole or convincingly), scum has less quams about doing away with him. first because a claim is more likely to draw an investigation to confirm or deny it. second because killing someone who claimed causes more confusion.
2. If scum claims,there is the chance of that role not exisiting, and town being to scared to do away with him because of that.
3. If scum claims and that role does exist, scum has a chance of getting town to lynch the real person with that role. so thats 1 scum for both a night kill and a lynch, which is a pretty good gambit at some points in the game.
4. any townie role claims beyond "vanilla" give scum more information that they give town. In game breaking, the town wants to know how many bad guys they have to kill. Scum already knows how many people they need to kill, they just want to know what their obstacles are. Let's say someone claims mason. Scum knows that person is town and could be at any point confirmed by a partner. but scum also knows that that person has no power role. so they know to take their nightkill elsewhere if they suspect a doctor that they want to get rid of.

This is why I am hesistant about asking you for a full claim. Unright already claimed powerrole and you acknowledged it. On one hand, we would want to pin you to a role so if you're scum you're stuck with it. On the other hand, we dont want to lose a protown powerrole.

I think this dilemna is avoided if claims are made at points of absolute necessity, such as cop with guilties (even then it would be better if cop didn't claim until forced to), or L-1 situations.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:25 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Yeah, but I do it better.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:31 pm

Post by Mirth »

Flameaxe wrote:
Yeah, but I do it better.
Darwindamnit!

Also, Flameaxe, please, in the name of evolution and all else that is holy, please explain your vote?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:32 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Because voting scum leads to victory?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:39 pm

Mirth wrote:This is why I am hesistant about asking you for a full claim. Unright already claimed powerrole and you acknowledged it.
I did no such thing.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:40 pm

Post by Mirth »

But why do you say he's scum? I know it's a hard and scary thing to ask, but let me inside your head and lead me through your thought process. I have a shotgun, I can handle whatever twisted mishapen monstrosities lurk in there.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:41 pm

I didn't call anyone scum, what game are you reading ? Kids this is what happens when you do drugs.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:42 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Only a scum has a shotgun.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:42 pm

Post by Mirth »

...That last post was to Flameaxe. We seem to be simulposting again.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:44 pm

Post by Mirth »

So by that logic, Flameaxe, a large chunk of the American South (and midwest) is scum?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:44 pm

Anything to say in response to 784 ?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:45 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Mirth wrote:So by that logic, Flameaxe, a large chunk of the American South (and midwest) is scum?
Yes. America isn't really in a war against terror, just a game of mafia within the country. True story.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:46 pm

Post by Mirth »

No response there. If you're going to say you didn't acknowledge that Unright's powerrole claim was right, I'm not going to push it. For the time being.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:46 pm

looool I think he got you there, not that I like him but damn, BURN!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:47 pm

Mirth wrote:No response there. If you're going to say you didn't acknowledge that Unright's powerrole claim was right, I'm not going to push it. For the time being.
So you backtrack to say that I didn't acknowledge it then. Dully noted. And stop simul-posting me.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:48 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Two conversations at once! Woo, good times!
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:49 pm

Post by Mirth »

No. I'm not backtracking. I think your wording was an acknowledgement. I just really don't feel like pushing it now.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:11 pm

Mirth wrote:No. I'm not backtracking. I think your wording was an acknowledgement. I just really don't feel like pushing it now.
It doesn't hurt because I, unlike Unright, do not let pseudo-information slip through my fingers. I claimed pro-town to counter-balance my disapproval of Unright, yet show my resignation to his townie role and take responsibility for his actions, and try to find alternative motives for him acting the way he did.

With this train of thought, I want to say that, at the time, when there were no confirmed innocent vanilla bland roles like UA and Peers dead yet, we could have assumed that he said so because he was himself
a named vanilla role
, and was breadcrumbing not only for future reference, but possibly to protect someone he might later think is town that claimed a special flavor with no abilities. Its the only sensible argument for soft claiming like that, after all.

I mean think of it, why would he say that
everyone
is a named character ? Power roles and mafia wouldn't ask such a question. They are unique characters with abilities, so they expect to have flavor attached to them and would be oblivious to anyone else's flavor on day 1, because they have no reason to suspect something like that, especially with the vanilla sample pm provided by petrol. FTR, I've been witness to such roles in other games, and played in one where such a mechanic took place, even in the presence of the quoted vanilla townie pm, just like in this case.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:15 pm

Post by Mirth »

Actually, we don't really know if Avalon and Peers are truly vanilla or if this is a limited reveal game. We only know what our individual role pms say, nothing more, nothing less.

Your second paragraph makes no sense. But then again, I am tired. I shall look over it again when I wake up.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:17 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

You should make a better attempt at reading a single post, namely the first one.

They were revealed as Putty Patrollers, and in the sample vanilla PM we see:
Townie Role PM wrote:Putty Patroller

“Ooble ooble ooble!” That's right – you are a Putty, and your ability at making nonsensical noises is nearly unsurpassed. You can't do much of anything except flail your arms around and try to look menacing, so you are essentially a
Townie
. You might not have a night action, but you
do
have a vote – use it well!

You win when all threats to Rita Repulsa (which may include characters other than Power Rangers) are destroyed. Please confirm you have received this role, and feel free to ask me questions.
Woo!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”