MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9175 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:28 pm

Post by MathBlade »

They *sigh*

High activity is a standard of any alignment.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9176 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:29 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 9170, Not Chara wrote:Math's play in Shadowrun was mostly deliberate. after arguing with them at length here, the actions of theirs i don't agree with come from differences in how we play the game. despite those differences, Math's internal logic here is consistent with 'Math'. in Shadowrun, i found myself agreeing with a lot more of what they were saying, presumably because they were more focused on their goal as scum than here, where they're playing normally and their 'moonlogic' is out in full force.

Shadowrun Math was concerned with not being mislynched, and with being listened to. Math here is being honest about their methods, means of reading players, and is receiving backlash for it but hasn't backed down or contradicted their beliefs.

if i'm wrong, let me know. i don't mean to compare the two and call Math town because they're different, i know that's faulty.

mainly what i'm saying is that Math doesn't appear to have a plan. they're literally posting as they feel. the logic isn't forced or changed to fit the narrative they need to push for the win.
i'm dissatisfied with how i'm wording this. :<
You worded it fine. I'm not sure. I can't genuinely evaluate Math right now I think. It's probably best to just wait for them to check me.

The thing with Math's play in Shadowrun was that I discarded things I would normally find scummy with "well Math is moonlogic" without thinking about it and that's what I'm trying not to do here. I'm trying to differentiate between inconsistencies in Math's play (being scum indicative) and different logic (being Math indicative), where you're evaluating whether they have a plan or not which I haven't been looking at tbh.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9177 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:30 pm

Post by JaeReed »

I don't think NC is scum, either. Can we no lynch?
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9178 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:30 pm

Post by MathBlade »

No...No lynching is anti Town. Feels like to me you don't want to bus.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #9179 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:30 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

Sure, but you replaced in during Day 5. It's day 6 and you have more posts than anyone else.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9180 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:31 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 9177, JaeReed wrote:I don't think NC is scum, either. Can we no lynch?
You can keep your vote on MathBlade. If you think he's scum and you're not sure on anyone else, why consider a NL?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9181 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:31 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I forgive you. You haven't played with me before <3
GTKAS -- MathBlade
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9182 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:31 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

THEY THEY THEY *slaps himself*
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9183 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:34 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Because no one else is going to let ScumBlade get lynched today. I'd rather avoid lynching town as a compromise.

Also, in Shadowrun Math was stressing about making sure they were around all the time. Before work, after work, you name it. Math seems to equate low activity with scummy when playing as scum. So if they replaced in one day phase ago and have more posts than everyone else I'd be inclined towards yup they're scum.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9184 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:35 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9179, BigYoshiFan wrote:Sure, but you replaced in during Day 5. It's day 6 and you have more posts than anyone else.
The I forgive you quote was original for this.

*gives Yoshi an ice pack*
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9185 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:36 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9183, JaeReed wrote:Because no one else is going to let ScumBlade get lynched today. I'd rather avoid lynching town as a compromise.

Also, in Shadowrun Math was stressing about making sure they were around all the time. Before work, after work, you name it. Math seems to equate low activity with scummy when playing as scum. So if they replaced in one day phase ago and have more posts than everyone else I'd be inclined towards yup they're scum.
I have the most posts as Town as well Jae. I have a posting problem maybe. But it is NAI.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9186 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:36 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 9178, MathBlade wrote:No lynching is anti Town.
It's not if you're pretty sure we're just going to mislynch out of apathy. We move into tomorrow and we can 1v1.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9187 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:37 pm

Post by MathBlade »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... rt_order=d

Fyi town game.

Rach Marie had two/ three more days and Cookie Bakers is a hydra with Titus in it and I missed half of pregame.

I post a lot as either alignment. Let me know if I need to get more.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9188 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:38 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

Keep them coming. I know I'm gonna screw up by referring to you incorrectly at least 100 times more.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9189 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:39 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 9185, MathBlade wrote:I have the most posts as Town as well Jae. I have a posting problem maybe. But it is NAI.
Just double checked yuri mafia. Yes and no, though I can't remember if you ate the lover lynch early on which might negate that.

You're at the most amount of posts here and you were in Shadowrun as well. Throw me a scum game where you didn't have the most amount of posts and I'll concede it's NAI but for now it very much does seem AI.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9190 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:39 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 9187, MathBlade wrote:http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... rt_order=d

Fyi town game.

Rach Marie had two/ three more days and Cookie Bakers is a hydra with Titus in it and I missed half of pregame.

I post a lot as either alignment. Let me know if I need to get more.
That still trails in comparison to how often you're posting in this game, but you're right. NAI.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9191 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:40 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9186, JaeReed wrote:
In post 9178, MathBlade wrote:No lynching is anti Town.
It's not if you're pretty sure we're just going to mislynch out of apathy. We move into tomorrow and we can 1v1.
It absolutely is. If you know scum has to be in those barrels and you have unlimited bullets and you don't fire you don't narrow down potential scum. Scum won't kill inside those barrels unless forced to which may be a thing I hope I have explained.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9192 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:43 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9189, JaeReed wrote:
In post 9185, MathBlade wrote:I have the most posts as Town as well Jae. I have a posting problem maybe. But it is NAI.
Just double checked yuri mafia. Yes and no, though I can't remember if you ate the lover lynch early on which might negate that.

You're at the most amount of posts here and you were in Shadowrun as well. Throw me a scum game where you didn't have the most amount of posts and I'll concede it's NAI but for now it very much does seem AI.

I ate lover lynch early in that game JaeReed.

All games I post a shit ton in. I can't show you what doesn't exist. As town (Mass Effect) I posted a lot here I do Shadowrun I do. It is literally NAI. I can't show you a scum lurker game because I don't lurk ever. I take pride in matching Town and scum games to a T and do my damndest to avoid having tells. I work at it so people have more fun.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9193 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

I'm so frustrated with this gamestate. I don't know what to do. I need a hug. :(
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9194 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:46 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Mass Effect: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... rt_order=d

Only beeboy had more and I was a replace in. Please stop saying shit is AI when it isn't. It is really annoying.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9195 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:46 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9193, BigYoshiFan wrote:I'm so frustrated with this gamestate. I don't know what to do. I need a hug. :(
/me hugs you

Lynch PV?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9196 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:48 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

I don't know... my mind is scattered everywhere. PV doesn't seem as far-fetched a vote from me, lemme ISO him.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9197 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:49 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

Already I'm thinking his lynch won't give us much information regardless of his alignment.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9198 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:50 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9197, BigYoshiFan wrote:Already I'm thinking his lynch won't give us much information regardless of his alignment.
Lynches are for scums. Not information.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9199 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:51 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

Yes, of course, but it makes his lynch seem less appealing to me already.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”