Designer Mafia 2007 - Game Over, Final Scene Posted!

Did you enjoy the final scene?

Yes, I love it!
67%
No, this is boring...
22%
Comical stupidity option
11%

Total votes: 9

Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:24 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Uhm, nobody had bought tickets at this point, so how can everybody be highly suspect?
You really think that had a serious intention? That I was essentially saying everyone was suspect?
I only have one vote, you know.
These posts are intimidating and almost extortional, and esentially amount to "If you do not buy my tickets, you are scum. So, ZONEACE, why aren't you buying my tickets?"
Of course they were extortional. I intended them to be. I wanted people to buy tickets.

It's the equivalent of fritzler threatening someone when they don't wagon with him. I'm sure a player with your experience has been exposed to a fair share of early stage "extortion".
Uhm, I can think of 2 people who could:
1. The player who designed your role.
2. The mod.
1. Why would a player design a role so powerful it needed a counter in the game? This isn't a lyncher-lynchee scenario here.
2. What a terrible and boring mod.
I have played and modded on other sites. Please notify me if there is an inexperience issue with my joining or modding games.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:25 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

I think I've laid out my reasons for voting schis. I will continue to vote him until something else pops up.
I have played and modded on other sites. Please notify me if there is an inexperience issue with my joining or modding games.
schismatized
schismatized
Goon
schismatized
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:32 am

Post by schismatized »

lol
Schismatized: JDODGE R RETARD
jdodge1019: UR POSSIBLY RITE
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:48 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Thyroid wrote:You really think that had a serious intention? That I was essentially saying everyone was suspect?
If you're going to be sarcastic, make it very, very,
very
obvious. If not, you're going to have to deal with everyone taking everything you say seriously.

In short, "Yes".
Thyroid wrote:I only have one vote, you know.
Not necessarily true, but that's another argument and irrelevant, IMO...
Thyroid wrote:1. Why would a player design a role so powerful it needed a counter in the game? This isn't a lyncher-lynchee scenario here.
2. What a terrible and boring mod.
"Would" is irrelevant.

Players can design roles to counteract their own roles
because they can
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:57 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

somestrangeflea wrote: If you're going to be sarcastic, make it very, very,
very
obvious. If not, you're going to have to deal with everyone taking everything you say seriously.

In short, "Yes".
What do I have to benefit from suspecting everyone?

If someone suspects you for something, isn't the proper response to reply?

This is the first time I have been acused of "extortion" in this manner. Why did nobody else reply when I threw suspicion on them?
Not necessarily true
but that's another argument and irrelevant, IMO...
If I want to show suspicion on someone, I'll do so. If you look through my posts, I'm 80% sure you won't find a single fos there. That was my point.

Please, design me a role that counteracts "you need to get the majority of people to buy tickets then you win haha!!!"
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:58 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Design that role and make it compelling for MoS to accept. That's my point: you can design any ridiculous role that counters anything, but you have to make it work.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:00 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

And even more peculiar, ssf, is that you seemed to have been extorted into buying a ticket. I'm not quite sure how to reconcile that.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:25 am

Thyroid wrote:Please, design me a role that counteracts "you need to get the majority of people to buy tickets then you win haha!!!"
"You are the
Ticketmaster
, ruler of all tickets! You have tickets to all the major events, including the local Renaissance fair!

Unfortunately, XXXX has stolen some of your tickets to that fair, and is attempting to sell them off to the town and steal your profits! Have him killed or lynched before he sells a ticket to the fair to over 50% of the players in the game, and not only will you prevent him from winning the game, but the town will see that you are truly the master of tickets, and you will become Unlynchable! Wowzerz!

You win with the Town."

Am I doing it right?

So anyway, why am I being told to design roles to counter-act "You win if you get >50% of the players to buy tickets", when the argument was initially:
Thyroid wrote:nobody would be able to design a role specific enough to counter
mine
Thyroid wrote:And even more peculiar, ssf, is that you seemed to have been extorted into buying a ticket. I'm not quite sure how to reconcile that.
It seemed like a good idea at the time... ='(
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:27 am

I would like to point out that the above is a hypothetical Role PM designed on the spot, purely for the purpose of this argument. It is not intended to be a quote or fakequote of a role PM, either received by myself, or designed by myself.

Srsly.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:00 am

Post by Twomz »

There is no point in discussing this Thyroid, and yes there could be roles that counteract your role (Uber "role" block, switch roles with target player, if over half the town quotes a specific post you may daykill the player that made the post, ect) but we shouldn't be discussing the possibility of X role being in the game when we have no reason to believe it is in the game.

About the nocmen topic... if he is lying, it should be rather easy to tell in a couple of days (since he probably has a "visible" ability to go along with the restriction) so there is really no point in lynching him today.

We have 12 days til deadline, can you people please post more? I have finals next week and I can find time to check up on my games... geez.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:21 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

Am I doing it right?
No, you are not. Since the only way for the ticket seller to win is to advertise his tickets, you are including a role in the setup which exists for the sole reason to lynch the ticket seller.
It seemed like a good idea at the time... ='(
Yeah, not sure I buy that.

Twomz: I'm merely defending myself.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:37 am

Thyroid wrote:No, you are not. Since the only way for the ticket seller to win is to advertise his tickets, you are including a role in the setup which exists for the sole reason to lynch the ticket seller.
I suck at balancing games, but why does this matter? In terms of your role in this game, how does the fact that I find it difficult to come up with a role to balance out a similar role which you have made up actually matter?

It doesn't.

In short, what Twomz said.

Also:
I wrote:So anyway, why am I being told to design roles to counter-act "You win if you get >50% of the players to buy tickets", when the argument was initially:
Thyroid wrote:nobody would be able to design a role specific enough to counter
mine.
...still stands.

On that note:
Twomz wrote:About the nocmen topic... if he is lying, it should be rather easy to tell in a couple of days (since he probably has a "visible" ability to go along with the restriction) so there is really no point in lynching him today.
This is exactly why I'm finding him suspicious. If the PR is for the purpose of gaining an ability,
he has already failed
, at least for today, and thus has no reason to
continue
trying to earn it.
Thyroidectomy
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Thyroidectomy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:44 am

Post by Thyroidectomy »

I suck at balancing games, but why does this matter? In terms of your role in this game, how does the fact that I find it difficult to come up with a role to balance out a similar role which you have made up actually matter?
Obviously, your inability to make a reasonable counter role has to do with the fact that there isn't a reasonable counter role. So yeah, this is pretty much a challenge to all of you great designers who signed up for this game.

YOU are using the argument that there could be a counter role to my role- I'm asking for an example.
nobody would be able to design a role specific enough to counter mine.
I stand by this. You have failed to provide an example for a role that works.
This is exactly why I'm finding him suspicious. If the PR is for the purpose of gaining an ability, he has already failed, at least for today, and thus has no reason to continue trying to earn it.
Not only is this not true, but it makes absolutely no sense. Were you thinking this through when you wrote it?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:17 am

Post by Twomz »

1) Yes, the person that made it definitely could have made a counter role.
2) Then why were you so upset earlier when people kept asking you to explain your role better? (too busy to go find the post(s)).
3) You do know that there is more than one way to counter a role... like for instance, to get around a doc you can role block him... BUT you can also Day kill, have a one time through the doc kill, redirect his doc protection, ect. Saying that there is "no counter to my role" is just ignorant, because trust me, there easily could be one regardless of what your role is.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:43 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

OpposedForce replaces Battle Mage.
Permanent V/LA.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:43 am

Post by Nocmen »

oh the horror of this game. Thyroid is getting somewhat awkward in his "Defense", but the way ssf is going after thim seems as if something is off to me.

I'm not sure if I've said this before or not, but if all else fails, remember the horror.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:12 pm

Thirteenth Vote Count of Day 1:

schismatized - (Thyroidectomy, UltimaAvalon, jediknight, mneme, curiouskarmadog, Belgarion, KaleiÐoscøpe)

Nocmen - (JDodge, FaerieLord, FaerieLord)
foolinc - (Shanba, Aimee)
Thyroidectomy - (ZONEACE, somestrangeflea)
Twomz - (OpposedForce, the silent speaker)
KaleiÐoscøpe - (Nocmen, schismatized)
Belgarion - (Oman)
mneme - (Twomz)

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to lynch.

We have a
retractable
deadline of three weeks. Day will end on Friday, December 21st.
If you feel that more time is needed, please feel free to notify me in private. At deadline, the person with the most votes will be lynched, as long as they have at least half of the majority (rounded up). In the event of ties, the first person to reach that number of votes will be lynched.
As of right now, Schismatized will be lynched at deadline with 7 votes.
Permanent V/LA.
Belgarion
Belgarion
Townie
Belgarion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:19 pm

Post by Belgarion »

Mod: I was not aware that Oman is voting me?

Noc, what is off about SSf attack on Thyro?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:55 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Belgarion wrote:
Mod: I was not aware that Oman is voting me?

Noc, what is off about SSf attack on Thyro?
It seems that ssf had a good attack at first, but after that, from 757 on, just seems he is desparate to not be proved wrong.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:45 pm

Post by Oman »

Mod, I was not aware that I was voting Belgarion

I could be wrong though.

Limited access for a while, either my router or isp hate me. Damn Cisco!
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:30 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

bamboom was voting for belg at the time of replacement so thats why oman is voting for belg.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
Belgarion
Belgarion
Townie
Belgarion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:31 am

Post by Belgarion »

ZONEACE wrote:bamboom was voting for belg at the time of replacement so thats why oman is voting for belg.

right, forgot about that (my bad mod).
B-
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:57 am

Post by FaerieLord »

Wow, I'm cool. My vote counts double :)
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:23 am

Oman, your predecessor was voting Belgarion, and you have neither unvoted nor placed a new vote since replacing him.
Permanent V/LA.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:38 am

Post by stark »

Thyroidectomy wrote:
Obviously, your inability to make a reasonable counter role has to do with the fact that there isn't a reasonable counter role.
So yeah, this is pretty much a challenge to all of you great designers who signed up for this game.

YOU are using the argument that there could be a counter role to my role- I'm asking for an example.
I stand by this. You have failed to provide an example for a role that works.

Achoo! You are
The Plaguemonster
. You have a terrible plague that strips players of their roles. Once during the game, you may infect another player with The Plague. The player in question loses any powers they had prior to infection, and may infect another player. You win with the town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”