Mini 499: Just Your typical Mafia Game GAME OVER!!!!!!!!

pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:12 am

Post by pwayne66 »

skruffs- Wants nearly half the town to claim. Tunneled. Threatens to look into shaka and TS but instead resorts to a lovefest of sorts and returns to his default strategy: Unvote: Cicero, Vote: pwayne....unvote pwayne, vote cicero...repeat as many times as needed.
Selectively reads. Still leaning town on him.

HH- tunneled, lurking and not hunting. Only pops in every once and a while to say "I still think pwayne is scum". If we want to talk about players trying to survive, HH is a survivor. Since it seems to be fashionable to finger the SK (insert dirty joke) this guy is my pick.

cicero- Again, has been on most wagons, but has also been suspicious of most all players in the game. I could say wishywashy buy I think either opportunistic or uncertain is more near the mark. Has turned soft claiming into an art form.
During our round and round with scruffs and TS, I remember being frustrated a number of times when it seemed that he was trying to nurture their stereotypes.
Lynches all lurkers except CA? Could be the other scum.

TS- Tied for two on my scum list and dropping. I've been over this before though.

CA- lurking lurking lurking...and it seems to be working out AOK for him... I am willing to bet he skates by today also.

shaka- I was feeling pretty town about him. Now he is begining to seem a bit wishywashy to me.

hermit- predassor lurked and voted whenever it seemed like he might be able to get a lynch. I counted lynch -2, so I think his defense was exaggerated. Has done nothing really since replacing to suggest that he is scum, but SSF did the dirty work for him. Scumo el numero uno.

Mod Edit

Vote Count

ToasterStrudel- 3 (ChocolateAttack, TheHermit, shaka!!)

pwayne66- 2 (HackerHuck, Skruffs)
TheHermit- 2 (pwayne66, Toaster Strudel)

Not Voting- 1 (cicero)

5 to lynch

5 days till deadline
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:57 am

Post by cicero »

Pwayne, thanks. Some questions:

Re your questions on Shaka - Why is wishywashy a scumtell for you? What does that even mean? He seemed town when he was singlemindedly focused on HH but now that he's feeling I'm scummy (a fair reaction imho) he seems "wishy washy"? What does that mean?

Re my comment - I dont follow you. What again does wishy washy me. How do you distinguish it from uncertain? (yes. I am highly uncertain in this game.)
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:48 am

Post by pwayne66 »

cicero wrote:Why is wishywashy a scumtell for you? What does that even mean?
To me, wishywashy is changing positions based upon little or no leading by another player. I think it is scummy as it acts as a means to being opportunistic (ie waiting for a wagon to emerge or receiving validation before stating position). This may not be the definition, but it is what I mean when I say it.
cicero wrote:He seemed town when he was singlemindedly focused on HH but now that he's feeling I'm scummy (a fair reaction imho) he seems "wishy washy"?
No. There is no connection, I am not even sure if that is an accurate reenactment of events. He went from HH for nearly 50 pages and in the last two, he has voted for TS, then unvoted and then made (by my estimations) a one sentence remark about thinking you are scummy. That one sentence does not factor into my evaluation of shaka, which does not say that I think that he is scum, or scummy, only that I think he is wishywashy (and that is based only on the last few pages), if I had to say one or the other, I would say town.
cicero wrote:How do you distinguish it from uncertain?
Therein lies the problem. At times, I believe that you are geniunely uncertain about who is scummy, so you change your mind. At other times, I feel that you might be jumping to wagons to secure a lynch.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:07 am

Post by cicero »

pwayne66 wrote:
cicero wrote:How do you distinguish it from uncertain?

Therein lies the problem. At times, I believe that you are geniunely uncertain about who is scummy, so you change your mind. At other times, I feel that you might be jumping to wagons to secure a lynch.
Let me help you out with that: You're right on both counts. Since Gorgon I've been having the opposite of tunnel vision. I can see reasons why everyone is scummy. That means all the wagons look good to me and they all scare me. Add that to the fact that I think we need to avoid a no lynch and you get a bit of a wagon jumper. Yes, I would be happy to jump on a number of wagons today. (I am, however, trying to narrow them down to which one gives us the best information whether town or scum and also which one has highest percentage chance of being scum.)

Add to THAT the fact that I'll wagon jump now and then just to get a reaction and shake things up and you get quite a scummy little wagon jumper.

So yes, you aren't wrong. I'm uncertain AND in a hammerin' mood. Scummy, right? :p
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:13 am

Post by cicero »

Another Question Pwayne: How do you factor in the play of Hackerhucks's predecessor and TS's predecessor in reaching your conclusions about them?

Have you factored in Gorgon's connections to people and Jester's suspicions in your analysis?
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:48 am

Post by pwayne66 »

cicero wrote:How do you factor in the play of Hackerhucks's predecessor and TS's predecessor in reaching your conclusions about them?
There isn't much to factor in:

HH- borchmore? BM was nutty, but it is my feeling that meta gaming makes this a null tell. Kakeng, same thing.

TS- Only one worth mentioning was white, previously I thought he was clean but the play by play I did on him leaves me with some questions. That PBP is, in part, the reason that TS is my #2.
cicero wrote:Have you factored in Gorgon's connections to people and Jester's suspicions in your analysis?
No on Jester. You probably remember my attitude towards analizing NK's. This hasn't changed. That's a WIFOMy path.

Yes on Gorgon.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:55 am

Post by shaka!! »

Cicero, if I were to look at you being town whilst reading this thread, my attention would be focused on Pwayne because of the whole buddy buddy relationship, whether he says he is buddying with you or not, would seem like he is trying to drag down an innocent townie with his lynch. I'd also have crossed HH of my list off scum list because I have been finding lots of similarities between the two of you. For instance you are both aggressive in your scum hunts and both have very strong convictions about your target.
pwayne66 wrote:No. There is no connection, I am not even sure if that is an accurate reenactment of events. He went from HH for nearly 50 pages and in the last two, he has voted for TS, then unvoted and then made (by my estimations) a one sentence remark about thinking you are scummy. That one sentence does not factor into my evaluation of shaka, which does not say that I think that he is scum, or scummy, only that I think he is wishywashy (and that is based only on the last few pages), if I had to say one or the other, I would say town.
That's a fairly inaccurate assessment, all round. Although I do agree in terms of not having done much this game. Long posts melt my mind.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:06 am

Post by pwayne66 »

shaka!! wrote:That's a fairly inaccurate assessment, all round.
I'm not sure how... I exaggerated when I said you were after HH for 50 pages, but you were pretty intent on lynching kakeng/HH for most of the game. You did vote and unvote TS in the last couple of pages.

Also, I have not accused you of "not doing much".
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:58 am

Post by ChocolateAttack »

Sorry guys! i am doing the reading right now, i will have a post by this weekend. Thanks for not prodding me!
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:54 am

I read the thread and i want my vote stay, nothing new except for what going in the game right now is confusing like hell, i probably do a reread again.

TS play strike me as scum and here are some questions regarding her play. Why did she made so many confusions when she first came to this game? then after that, why did she start pushing hard for Cicero and Pwanye? She begin to show some decent plays right now but it stroke me when she vote TheHermit right after Pwanye's vote. I don't like her band wagon. Seem weak to me.
The Hermit vote TS before so it wasn't supprise me if TS vote for Hermit, but right after Pwanye's vote is just too oppotunist.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:24 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

Is that all we're going to get, CA? Sounds like you skimmed but didn't read.
ChocolateAttack wrote:"what going in the game right now is confusing like hell, i probably do a reread again. "
"I don't like her band wagon. Seem weak to me. "
"I read the thread and i want my vote stay,"
"nothing new"
OK. So
you read the thread, and it's confusing like hell, although there's nothing new, but you want your vote to stay on my bandwagon, even though, confused as hell as you claim to be, you don't like my wagon and it seems weak. You want your vote to stay, but you'll *probably* do a reread again.

I want you to actually read the game and give your opinion of
every player
, not just tunnel vision me.

And here's some incentive:

unvote, vote: ChocolateAttack
- Is that vote opportunistic?
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:10 am

Post by cicero »

Not in the least. Chocolate Attack is sailing through this game unmolested and contributing next to nothing. It's ridiculous.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:29 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Toaster Strudel has asked for replacement, I'll find someone to replace her now.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:51 am

Post by cicero »

WHAT?!

I hate this game. Honestly. I hate it.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:58 am

Post by JordanA24 »

She's asking for it in all of her games, don't despair though, hopefully, I'll have a replacement soon.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:01 am

Post by cicero »

Yeah. okey. It's just that this one seems cursed. :D No disrespect to you intended, oh tenacious moderator.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:27 pm

Post by TheHermit »

This game is like Frankenstein, with so many replacement parts stitched on that its hard to tell what came from where. I am beginning to understand cicero's pain. Not to worry, though. I've yet to replace out of any game, and I'm not about to start now.

Also, does this mean an extension to the deadline?

Right, back to business.

Chocolate Attack has been acting weird all game, but I assume that's because he's buried in schoolwork. Of course, we have no way of knowing that he's telling the truth about that, but... and I know that I'm about to say something kinda mean... I don't think he's clever enough to lie about that in order to buy time. I'm not defending him, I'm just saying why I'm not interested in voting for him even though I probably would have put at least a pressure vote on almost any other player in this situation.

Uh, schoolwork IS why he's been semi-idle, right?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:03 am

Post by Skruffs »

TS wound up being town in the other game where her playstyle was remarkably similar (Ork Mafia).

I personally think the replacements make it even more interesting. It's like a town full of schizophrentics.
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:32 am

TheHermit wrote:This game is like Frankenstein, with so many replacement parts stitched on that its hard to tell what came from where. I am beginning to understand cicero's pain. Not to worry, though. I've yet to replace out of any game, and I'm not about to start now.

Also, does this mean an extension to the deadline?

Right, back to business.

Chocolate Attack has been acting weird all game, but I assume that's because he's buried in schoolwork. Of course, we have no way of knowing that he's telling the truth about that, but... and I know that I'm about to say something kinda mean... I don't think he's clever enough to lie about that in order to buy time. I'm not defending him, I'm just saying why I'm not interested in voting for him even though I probably would have put at least a pressure vote on almost any other player in this situation.

Uh, schoolwork IS why he's been semi-idle, right?
Yes, schoolwork mostly get most of my time and i have work too so that why i can't play often. This week is my final and anyone in college now should know, that why i ask for a week off to study.
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:42 am

Toaster Strudel wrote:Is that all we're going to get, CA? Sounds like you skimmed but didn't read.
ChocolateAttack wrote:"what going in the game right now is confusing like hell, i probably do a reread again. "
"I don't like her band wagon. Seem weak to me. "
"I read the thread and i want my vote stay,"
"nothing new"
OK. So
you read the thread, and it's confusing like hell, although there's nothing new, but you want your vote to stay on my bandwagon, even though, confused as hell as you claim to be, you don't like my wagon and it seems weak. You want your vote to stay, but you'll *probably* do a reread again.

I want you to actually read the game and give your opinion of
every player
, not just tunnel vision me.

And here's some incentive:

unvote, vote: ChocolateAttack
- Is that vote opportunistic?
Yes, the game was confusing due to people throwing their votes around and have difference stands now. But with your case, it wasn't confusing at all so i let my vote stay on you. I started your bandwagon and i don't see any good reason for me to change my vote.

I don't like your bandwagon because it seem weak and i already gave you my reason for that. I said i do a reread on the a game to get it clear or to get new insight on other player. You! i want you lynch.

I wasn't vote opportunistic, what you did to the Hermit is opportunistic. I started your bandwagon, how can i be opportunistic?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:48 am

Post by cicero »

Vote Pwayne

This is where our best information lives and there's a good chance he's the SK.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:47 am

Post by Skruffs »

If I am not around tomorrow and ca is, pressure him about why it matters if people are throwing their votes around. It implies that he's basing his own votes to a large degree on wagons. That's my impression anyways!
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:58 am

Post by cicero »

Skruffs wrote:If I am not around tomorrow and ca is, pressure him about why it matters if people are throwing their votes around. It implies that he's basing his own votes to a large degree on wagons. That's my impression anyways!
But in the last post he just insisted that he started the Toaster Strudel wagon. How does that accord? Did he? I dont have time to check right now.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:06 am

Post by pwayne66 »

MOD
We need an up to date vote count. I think the last couple have been off. Also, do we get a replacement extension past the 12th?[/b]

@cicero- what do we learn by lynching me?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:20 am

Post by cicero »

You've been at the centre of a lot of the interactions. That can't be said about Flea/Hermit. One concrete piece of information that could come out of it is that you and I aren't scumbuddies, of course. If we both live until tomorrow, Skruffs can jump around about our pairing again and again. If you are mafia, we'll be down two mafioso and they can vote me if they want. If you are town, boy we sure do have a lot of vanilla townies in this game...

MUCH
more importantly, you are still my top suspect for serial killer. If you are SK we are out a nightkill which would be kinda good. Frankly I still see your efforts in this game as kinda forced and reactive. I don't trust them. again, I don't see you as a probable mafia member. I see you as the most probable SK we have and I still need to accept what Skruffs said: You could have changed your style on purpose and could be mafia. When everyone in that enters the game comes in and comments on your closely guarded style of play it smells like survival play to me. And that smells like serial killer.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”