Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #8900 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:59 am

Post by Nahdia »

No, seriously. Were there only two non-town players at the start of this game?
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #8901 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:00 am

Post by Nahdia »

Cause that's what an FBI check would heavily imply, unless you think it's a bullshit red herring.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8902 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:00 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 8899, JaeReed wrote:No, Math. You were posturing to lynch me. Both in neighbourhood and here. I don't trust any result you'll out.

You claim Cakez is clear for having proved his role, yet I'm not clear when Titus checked my slot and found yup I'm vanilla. The token VT in a role madness game.

Your logic is in line with scum!Math.
Of if you are town I will eat crow. I have done it before but rest assured I do have a one shot Neo and I was hiding it to see what your claim is and why I asked why you said you had additional information in the hood as a fucking VT claim. I am checking you tonight.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8903 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:01 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 8898, Nahdia wrote:An FBI check. When Maxous was a god damn ascetic.

Do you think it was just useless or do you think all these kills have been a serial killer?
No idea, don't care. No one in their right mind should have checked Titus after how obvtown she was in the hood. Literally
anyone
would have been a better check. And I mean anyone, including Maxous. Because jfc. I get paranoia, you know I do, but making a sub-optimal check from it is just plain silly.

I am pretty sure Yoshi is town btw because it makes sense for him to have used the doc thing he claims last night given no one knew how many kills there might be. Just like you didn't use the jk for that reason (if you're town)
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #8904 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:03 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 8900, Nahdia wrote:No, seriously. Were there only two non-town players at the start of this game?
That is the question I asked as if Maxous was a cult leader which you called me insane for.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8905 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:03 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 8900, Nahdia wrote:No, seriously. Were there only two non-town players at the start of this game?
No there has to be a faction, because Skull phrased it as such.
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #8906 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:04 am

Post by Nahdia »

Problem is, the way my jailkeep on zakk n1 failed is still up in the air. If Maxous really didn't block me that night, which he said he didn't (but who knows if we can trust his claimed actions), that would imply a Strongman Serial Killer, hence my role is fucking useless.
JaeReed wrote:
No they didn't.

-Zaphkael, 2020
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8907 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:05 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 8901, Nahdia wrote:Cause that's what an FBI check would heavily imply, unless you think it's a bullshit red herring.
In Borderlands Skull had a gunsmith that worked off flavor. How many people in borderlands have a weapon based off flavor?

Yeah, it's possible for it to be a red herring. It's also possible for it to not be.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #8908 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:05 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 8905, JaeReed wrote:
A faction is a person or persons in a group. Technically a faction can have one person but the wording would be weird :/
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #8909 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:06 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 8906, Nahdia wrote:Problem is, the way my jailkeep on zakk n1 failed is still up in the air. If Maxous really didn't block me that night, which he said he didn't (but who knows if we can trust his claimed actions), that would imply a Strongman Serial Killer, hence my role is fucking useless.
JaeReed wrote:
No they didn't.
What makes me think Narna's is useless too and the useful items are given out by one of my town reads. Because Narna said it is by N2 so almost everyone would come up innocent but that was Math sleepy theory.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #8910 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:06 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 6427, Skullduggery wrote:Furthermore, since this has apparently become a serious point of contention for reasons that are beyond my cognitive abilities, I would like to reassure everyone that no, not every player in this game is aligned with the Town faction. That would be fucking stupid. I would never do such a thing since I care about my players more than that, and even if I did wish to run such a setup, no reviewer in their right mind would ever approve it. I will confirm that this game has at least two opposing factions that cannot win together.
Nothing about this says anything about any groups of people. It just says factions.

-Zaphkael, 2020
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #8911 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:07 am

Post by MathBlade »

Omg Nahdia I think you finally understand what I am saying and I don't know if this is good or bad.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #8912 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:11 am

Post by Nahdia »

VOTE: PeregrineV

this.

-Zaphkael, 2020
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #8913 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:17 am

Post by MathBlade »

But that means literally anyone can be non Town and the only reason I caught Maxous is because he was an obv liar based on night actions. Like why would Maxous lie? It seems stupid :/
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #8914 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:19 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 7260, Maxous wrote:N1 - Shiro
N2 - Nahdia
N3 - Not Chara
N4 - Sir Cakez

they're my real targets, I tried blocking Cakez because I thoguht he might be a 'surprise scum'. I would of admitted it but Nahdia says she jailkept me which put me in trouble and I had to lie about it.
Worth throwing out there that if we're dealing with just a serial killer then Myself, Not Chara, and SirCakez are all clear.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #8915 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:20 am

Post by Nahdia »

That is, if you want to go on Maxous' word.

-Zaphkael, 2020
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8916 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:21 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 8882, Not Chara wrote:Yoshi: i think what you missed about my list is i'm unwilling to lynch any of the chain clears until Giovanni is dead and alignment confirmed. i think he's scum, but i could be wrong, so it's just a bad idea to be lynching his clears. who of the clears do you want to lynch?
I'm not for the lynch of any of these "clears" in particular. I guess I see what you're saying.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8917 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:21 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 8915, Nahdia wrote:That is, if you want to go on Maxous' word.
What about Narna's?
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #8918 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:22 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 8906, Nahdia wrote:would imply a Strongman Serial Killer, hence my role is fucking useless.
Continuing this thought; except for the fact that Yoshi's uni-doc did work. So maybe the SK had a single strongman shot, or I was somehow interfered with in some other way (suggesting a full mafia team). or something.

-Zaphkael, 2020
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #8919 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:23 am

Post by MathBlade »

VOTE: Unvote
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #8920 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:25 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 8917, BigYoshiFan wrote:
What about Narna's?
I mean, Narna isn't flipped non-town so the reason to explicitly doubt them isn't as strong but yeah ok.
Speaking of which. Narna, did you ever do what I asked and explicitly asked Skullduggery what the result would be if you targeted someone with Shiro's role with your ability?

-Zaphkael, 2020
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #8921 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:31 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 8920, Nahdia wrote:
In post 8917, BigYoshiFan wrote:
What about Narna's?
I mean, Narna isn't flipped non-town so the reason to explicitly doubt them isn't as strong but yeah ok.
Speaking of which. Narna, did you ever do what I asked and explicitly asked Skullduggery what the result would be if you targeted someone with Shiro's role with your ability?
If Narna is nontown and Gio is town it would have to be after N4 she became non Town. Narna prob town unless Gio isn't because of the weak claim.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #8922 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:34 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 8918, Nahdia wrote:
In post 8906, Nahdia wrote:would imply a Strongman Serial Killer, hence my role is fucking useless.
Continuing this thought; except for the fact that Yoshi's uni-doc did work. So maybe the SK had a single strongman shot, or I was somehow interfered with in some other way (suggesting a full mafia team). or something.
Lots of questions. There is also the possibility you can't Jailkeep too but that is a lower probability based on yournposts here.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8923 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:51 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8853, PeregrineV wrote:Right. Because mafia and cult win together, and cult can grow, so killing the mafia members seems dumb for cult.
1- Cult canNOT win with Mafia. These are usually two separate OPPOSING factions. One can recruit, the other can kill. Only ONE of them can be winners.

2- I don't know why the name "cult" always gets confused with the ROLE of cult to begin with. What _I_ mean here is "worshippers.. supporters" not that they actually can recruit.

I thus propose Maxous role worked something close to this:

3P. needing to srvive for as long as he could. When he dies he can pick 2 players to recruit as "his faction" and can still win if these can get to LyLo and get the majority.

So, the later Maxous dies the better because he only had 2 recruits upon his death (the number can be adjusted to 3, maybe, but let's look at the principle and let the numbers be worked out later).

If Maxous himself got to -say- the last 5 players, 2 of those were scum and 2 Town it would be a game of luck for all. Lynching Maxous gets the 2 Townies recruited, but then one one will be shot at night resulting in a MAFIA WIN.

Lynching a Mafioso results in a 2-1-1 going into the might and if the remaining Mafioso shoots Maxous he recruits the 2 remaining Townies and MAXOUS promptly wins.

Lynching a Mafios, but the remaining one shoot a Townie and it's a 3-way 3-person LyLo again (the outcome is very much up to the Mod. maybe cal it a 3-way draw. Maybe MAXOUS would lose his ability to recruit and then if he gets lynched the Mafia wins bc they can kill the remaining Townie. Maybe if the Mafioso gets lynched the Town wins outright because that's how the Mod had decided it to be from the start. maybe .. you get the picture).

So, let me try this one more time:

1- We -probably- had a 3-person Mafia team + Maxous as a 3P aligned player at the start of the game.

2- At any given point when Maxous dies (either by lynch or by NK) he is given he option to pick 2 Town-aligned players for his "new faction".

3- The "Town-aligned players" in #2 is a mere proposition. It could be that he gets to choose 2 "living" players in which case he doesn't know who scum are still (if he did then it was after he was lynched as it's OK if he got spoilered).

4- The 3 Mafia and/or the 2 recruits is also a mere guess/proposition.

5- The "At any given point" is ALSO a mere proposition Maybe it's UNLESS it's LyLo. Maybe Maxous thought he could win with the Town (or had targeted such a win) as he gets to convert to Town-algned when/if he reaches LyLo.

In any case, what we do know is we had a scum team AND a new faction got created with Maxous Lynch. Oh, I forgot:

6- Maybe Maxous only gets to pick his recruits if he dies by lynch, but if he is NK'd he loses promptly.

So, let's stop being acting like each and everyone of us had their own "holy scripture" revealed to them and that it IS the TRUTH.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8924 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:57 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8859, JaeReed wrote:Alright, here's what I think.

Maxous was choosing someone each night to future-cult upon his death. The cult team can no longer grow and was only created upon his death. Therefore they're essentially a survivor faction now.
Whether they gained a faction nightkill is debatable. Whether they can win with town is debatable.
This could also be the case. That way whoever Maxous "secretly" submitted for as a recruit to his future faction would not have known they were chosen before he was lynched. They also could be lynched/NK'd and flip TOWN as their alignment had not yet changed.

I disagree with the last line tough. Our win-con is explicit about eliminating all non-Town players. It also defies the purpose of there being a new faction to begin with. The new faction is a stand alone faction and cannot win with either Town or Scum. They need to gain the majority to control the vote-count, and most probably do NOT have a kill of their own either.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”