Mini 527 - Doom in Valencia - Game Over!

RideTheBomb
RideTheBomb
Townie
RideTheBomb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:07 am

Post by RideTheBomb »

I have been unable to devote the proper time and energy to this game as of late and it's only going to get worse, so I've PM'd Jenter to look for a replacement for me. GL all of you.

Mod Vote Count:
Selande (1): McStab
RideTheBomb (1): MeMe
soupfly (2): SirWario, Archaist
Sikario8 (1): Neko2086
neko2086 (2): gorckat, soupfly
SirWario (1): Sikario8

not voting: Archaist, Selande, Deathguise
"Lu Sangu Lava Lu Sangu". A Sicilian phrase meaning "Blood washes blood".
Sammich
Sammich
Goon
Sammich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:04 pm

Post by Sammich »

Okay, sorry guys. The analysis will be late. I'm not feeling well.
Coming sometime: [i]Kirby Mafia[/i]
Back, yep
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:37 am

Post by neko2086 »

I'm sorry to see RTB go. He and meme had a pretty interesting exchange and I was hoping to see where that went... Honestly, I thought Meme had a reasonable vote on him, but I can't really see it as a concrete argument the way it stands. It seems that he may not have been lurking as much as he was just busy. On the other hand, he could be asking to replace out as a convenient excuse to avoid this sort of pressure, but, that seems unlikely.

By the way,
mod
, have prods been sent? sirwario asked for prods about a week ago and we never heard if they went out or not.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:32 am

Post by Jenter Brolincani »

I think all the prod asked folks have postd haven't thay?

Searching for a replacement for RTB.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:46 am

Post by MeMe »

Deathguise, McStab, and Selande haven't.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Sikario8
Sikario8
Goon
Sikario8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:15 am

Post by Sikario8 »

Sammich wrote:Okay, sorry guys. The analysis will be late. I'm not feeling well.
Get better, Sammich
'Sikario not having "Townsperson" disturbs me. Please rectify this thok.' --Oman
:roll:
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:22 am

Post by gorckat »

I was eagerly awaiting Sammich's review since I was gonna be in this one. I'm vain like that :P
neko wrote:On the other hand, he could be asking to replace out as a convenient excuse to avoid this sort of pressure, but, that seems unlikely.
That would be very extreme, replacing out just to avoid getting pressured.

I'm not sure I would agree that MeMe's reasons are no longer valid.
Sikario8
Sikario8
Goon
Sikario8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:18 am

Post by Sikario8 »

MOD: Is there any possible way that you could place votecounts in seperate posts?
'Sikario not having "Townsperson" disturbs me. Please rectify this thok.' --Oman
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:21 am

Post by soupfly »

sorry, was gone for a couple of days. will do a read through and post later.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:52 am

Post by soupfly »

well, reread and i'm sticking with my vote on neko. reasons: he's going out of his way to amiable and nice with the other players. even when faced with votes he very nicely asks for explanations and even played the confused newb card with me once. did a quick meta on him and he plays a bit more aggressive in his other games. i admit its a matter of interpreting the nuances of his posting style, but to me it smells fishy.

also, his suspicions are a bit bland and he's even skittish in the way he applies pressure. take this for instance:
neko2086 wrote:I'd be hesitant about voting for you, but nobody is, currently, so there's no danger yet. I think you've deserved a

vote:sikario

until you can convince me otherwise
he's going out of his way to convince us that he's not completely convinced about voting and that he's open to changing his mind in the future. just seems like a player who doesn't want to rub anybody the wrong way, while still appearing active.

if you really want to apply pressure on a player then you need to dig into them to make em feel that there's a bit of pressure there. you got to make em feel that the gun you're pointing to their head actually has bullets in it. you don't point an empty gun at somebody, tell them there's no bullet and then expect them to feel any pressure.

anyway, that's my best suspicion at the moment. on the other hand its been a pretty bland 8 pages and i think we're all part of the problem here as we've all kinda neglected this game. but you know all it takes is a bit of action things can pick up very quickly!
i am sofa king!
stupid...
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:06 am

Post by MeMe »

Mod
-- what's the progress on the replacement/prods?

(sigh)
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:38 am

Post by gorckat »

soupfly wrote:also, his suspicions are a bit bland and he's even skittish in the way he applies pressure.
Thank you for finding words for something I'd felt, but couldn't put my finger on.

I'm ready to post daily and flood if need be to bump this game in the forum and on people's Watched Topics.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:37 am

Post by gorckat »

me wrote:I'm ready to post daily and flood if need be to bump this game in the forum and on people's Watched Topics.
Doing so, now!
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:28 pm

Post by MeMe »

Good evening boys & girls. I'm your substitute bumper today.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:22 pm

Post by gorckat »

Is it too early to bump for Sunday (its 12:23 am here)?

Oops!
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:55 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Quick notes to Soupfly:
1. Are you saying that it's scummy to be willing to change one's vote? Last time I checked, tunnel-vision was a no-no

2. If we're going to talk about a lack of pressure with voting, would you care to explain how voting without giving reason is applying pressure? Were you expecting me to flip out when I have 2 baseless votes on me? Sorry for being nice.
I appreciate your finally giving an explanation, though. I'm hoping to hear something from Gorckat, because he has yet to give one, but rather piggybacks off of one of your explanations.

That actually leads me to a concern I've had lately. While Gorckat had some substantial posts early on, he's been very quiet recently. He's been posting without actually contributing anything.
FOS
for him. Lurking is bad, and there are several players in this game that should probably be replaced by now (any news,
mod?
). Actively lurking, however, is worse.

That's all for now. We really need all players participating. It was nice to get some discussion going even though not everyone was here, but now that some serious discussion is starting to happen (however slowly), it's somewhat dangerous to continue this way much longer. We could very well all be townies building arguments against each other just because we're the only ones talking.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Sikario8
Sikario8
Goon
Sikario8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:13 am

Post by Sikario8 »

neko2086 wrote:Hm, well, the best way to be organized, I would think, is to have discussion long enough until someone does something really scummy, then discussion can be focused on that. With that in mind, unless I'm an idiot and cannot understand your reasoning, I'd say you've pretty much confirmed my argument that you're posting for the sake of posting. Not only are you posting nothing but filler, but you're also basing votes off of it now.

And uh, if using a vote as a catalyst shouldn't "be exercised so freely," then I would try assume you're voting sammich for a good reason, but apparently, you are not.

I'd be hesitant about voting for you, but nobody is, currently, so there's no danger yet. I think you've deserved a

vote:sikario

until you can convince me otherwise
neko2086 wrote:Quick notes to Soupfly:
1. Are you saying that it's scummy to be willing to change one's vote?
Last time I checked, tunnel-vision was a no-no

2. If we're going to talk about a lack of pressure with voting, would you care to explain how voting without giving reason is applying pressure? Were you expecting me to flip out when I have 2 baseless votes on me? Sorry for being nice.
I appreciate your finally giving an explanation, though. I'm hoping to hear something from Gorckat, because he has yet to give one, but rather piggybacks off of one of your explanations.

That actually leads me to a concern I've had lately. While Gorckat had some substantial posts early on, he's been very quiet recently. He's been posting without actually contributing anything.
FOS
for him. Lurking is bad, and there are several players in this game that should probably be replaced by now (any news,
mod?
). Actively lurking, however, is worse.

That's all for now. We really need all players participating. It was nice to get some discussion going even though not everyone was here, but now that some serious discussion is starting to happen (however slowly), it's somewhat dangerous to continue this way much longer.
We could very well all be townies building arguments against each other
just because we're the only ones talking.
What would you suggest?
FOS: neko
Sikario8
Sikario8
Goon
Sikario8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:14 am

Post by Sikario8 »

EBWOP:
unvote vote neko
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:45 am

Post by gorckat »

Ooh- I like the little colored dots. They make for a very convincing argument :P
Sikario8
Sikario8
Goon
Sikario8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:18 am

Post by Sikario8 »

gorckat wrote:Ooh- I like the little colored dots. They make for a very convincing
argument
:P
Where's yours?
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:29 am

Post by neko2086 »

What would I suggest? I would suggest that everyone start participating so that we don't end up in the situation I just described. Right now, you're the best case I've got, but that's only because not everyone is speaking up. If somebody turns out to be more scummy-looking than you (Gorckat, perhaps), then maybe I'll be convinced that you're ok for now. But, unfortunately, we're missing quite a few people and it's difficult to know for sure if any of the people talking are scum. They're very likely one of the lurkers.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Sikario8
Sikario8
Goon
Sikario8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:35 am

Post by Sikario8 »

neko2086 wrote:What would I suggest? I would suggest that everyone start participating so that we don't end up in the situation I just described.
Right now, you're the best case I've got
, but that's only because not everyone is speaking up. If somebody turns out to be more scummy-looking than you (Gorckat, perhaps), then maybe I'll be convinced that you're ok
for now
. But, unfortunately, we're missing quite a few people and it's difficult
to know for sure if any of the people talking are scum
They're very likely one of the lurkers
So you believe you have a better shot of me being scum than gorckat?
How did you come to the conclusion that I am your best case?
And you also believe that you have a better shot of me being scum than any of the lurkers?

Also: Understand that you are in no way obligated to answer any of my questions; however, I'd appreciate it if you did. I don't ask for much.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:19 am

Post by gorckat »

Sikario8 wrote:
gorckat wrote:Ooh- I like the little colored dots. They make for a very convincing
argument
:P
Where's yours?
In case you were asking that "for real":

I voted neko because he seemed to say one thing and do another a few times. soupfly pointed out his blandness and hesitancy to voice suspicion, which I'd seen but couldn't verbalize (it was an unconscious cue/read on my part). You've caught another inconsistency of the same character as the ones that made me vote him.
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:35 pm

Post by soupfly »

i think that neko is a pretty good case at the moment. i'm gonna stick with it unless somebody see something else.

on the other hand i don't want a lynch until there's enough content from everybody (and i mean everybody) in the game. i'd rather lynch an inactive than an active poster, so post up people cause soon we're coming after you!
i am sofa king!
stupid...
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:51 pm

Post by MeMe »

I'd rather lynch a non-participant as well...problem is that more than half of the players (7) in this game have been absent for at least a week and 5 of those haven't posted since November.

Even our
mod
hasn't been here for more than a week. I don't think this game is worth playing, quite frankly. The five of us who have posted in the last few days should just go sign up for the next mini game. Deal?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”