Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4400 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 4399, MiniDeathStar wrote:I read the last 1/3 of your ISO
No you didn't. Considering you read 4 pages at a time it's pretty bold to be claiming you've read around ~200 posts just from me
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #4401 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 4396, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 4391, Dunnstral wrote:Remember how early on I said people shouldn't leave the dance?
I'm over that. You should leave the dance :)
If HS actually takes this advice (she shouldn't) and HS-Parama flips town-town (let's hope not), I'm just gonna stick my vote on Dunn and never move it.
What's your stance on HS-Parama?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #4402 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:12 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 4399, MiniDeathStar wrote:What's weird about the dichotomy? POE says 1-2 of them are scum. Either they are double bussing or one is attempting to mislynch the other. It's odd that you both agree on it when it's just not that out there to suggest Arthur and Parama are enemies. Kagami seems to agree with you *a lot* in general, which is an established pattern from First Dance. Why isn't this pinging you? Also "She commented that everybody wants to lynch us but nobody really wants to lynch us" is what *I* have been saying about us and accusing her of, so it's definitely not a novel angle for her to try to push around.
She really doesn't. I might be painting a weidr picture from stuff I'm referencing

You might be a little confused? We're saying the dichotomy HS set up is weird, we didn't agree with the dichotomy
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #4403 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:12 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

What are your thoughts on HS-Parama?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #4404 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:13 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 4399, MiniDeathStar wrote:I scumread Kagami when no one else did.
objectively false. I also had suspicion that I was talking to you about.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #4405 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:15 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

MDS I realize you think Kagami is scum

There are no night kills in this game, I don't intend to let your group get lynched, we can talk about her if you'd like but our best lynch is what I'm voting. And I can't die today because I need to lead the town for the next lynch.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #4406 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:17 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 4399, MiniDeathStar wrote:Actually scum!Kagami could well implicate one of Smith/Pie, since they seem to be the only place where you two are at serious odds with each other.
I've also said this and kind of agree
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4407 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:27 pm

Post by pieguyn »

before I commit to Parama, there is one thing I want to be sure of.

@inspectorscout:
please confirm to me that you do not think me/mhsmith is a scum/scum pair. looking through your

I ask because if Parama/HS flips town I probably would just want to agree to their perspective and let MDS/Jester live to the end, and if that's is town pair, the only way this loses is if Kagami/Dunn is a scum/scum pair and the remaining lynches are done out of order.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4408 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:27 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 4407, pieguyn wrote:before I commit to Parama, there is one thing I want to be sure of.

@inspectorscout:
please confirm to me that you do not think me/mhsmith is a scum/scum pair. looking through your ISO, this seems to be the case, but I want an explicit confirmation of it.

I ask because if Parama/HS flips town I probably would just want to agree to their perspective and let MDS/Jester live to the end, and if that's is town pair, the only way this loses is if Kagami/Dunn is a scum/scum pair and the remaining lynches are done out of order.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4409 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:31 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 4405, Dunnstral wrote:There are no night kills in this game, I don't intend to let your group get lynched, we can talk about her if you'd like but our best lynch is what I'm voting. And I can't die today because I need to lead the town for the next lynch.
for the record, this is the kind of post that suggests to me that in a Jester/Parama gamestate, the last scum is Dunn with the strategy of having him carry to endgame.

he's doing a bunch of shit like this, him attempting to line up my pair as a lynch after Parama's pair, etc., that suggests he's gearing to get a hold in the town, which is why I say his position would be relatively more solid than either of Jester/Parama's, and I think he's going about it in a disingenuous way. I'd still like if you could read his push on me and tell me whether you think it's the sort of push he believes actually holds water.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4410 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:33 pm

Post by pieguyn »

like he continues to scum read me/my pair for nebulous reasons, and when I point out why his reasoning doesn't hold water, he largely just makes excuses, ignores me, or says "I disagree" and leaves it at that without explaining any further.

what about this do you read as town?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4411 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:34 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I also think that specifically his read on HS is really strained, but I'm speaking from a position of thinking HS is practically confirmed town so I know you probably won't agree with this.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4412 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:37 pm

Post by pieguyn »

plus he's just acting really off and defensive towards me and it makes me think that I have him dead to rights and he's just looking for any excuse to discredit me.

there is no reason he needs to bother making all of his recent posts trying to make sure everyone in the game is aware of how I'm "ignoring" him if he was supposedly as firm as he was in his belief that my pair contains scum. from a town POV, I'm scum, he'd just lynch me and fuck my read on him; from a scum POV he needs to figure out some way to answer for my scum read on him once I flip town.

a lot of this is invalidated if mhsmith is scum, I guess, but I'm rapidly feeling more and more confident Dunn is the final scum here.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4413 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:43 pm

Post by pieguyn »

like, read the posts and think about the actual content of his read on me and the intent behind it. it doesn't come off as off to you?
The_Jester
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4414 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:10 pm

Post by The_Jester »

Hiho. My phone broke down and I've been unable to access the net. I'll be here later today, try to contain your excitement.
Why'd the clown drive over the cup?
He wanted to crack him up!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #4415 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:13 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I'm actually excited though
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #4416 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:14 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 4409, pieguyn wrote:him attempting to line up my pair as a lynch after Parama's pair,
You shouldn't accuse me of things I have yet to do.

Sounds like you think Parama is scum. Certainly the way you're acting. Are you sure on this yet?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4417 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:20 pm

Post by pieguyn »

you have done it, though

you've literally said in this thread that my pair is a "close second" lynch after Parama's pair, and you've brought up that there's a "lack of engagement" between Parama's pair and mhsmith/my pair. you cannot act like the implication here isn't obvious.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4418 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:21 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I do feel mostly sure Parama is scum, I'm just planning ahead a bit. as I said, not committing until I feel I'm ready to.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #4419 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:49 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

Spoiler:
In post 4180, Dunnstral wrote:At that, why are you creating a false dichotomy?
Why is it a false dichotomy?
In post 4181, Dunnstral wrote:OK Mds: what are your thoughts? Who is scum? What about the people on your wagon?
Kagami most likely. Torn between Arthur, Parama or both, but leaning Arthur. Third scum, no idea. If Jester is town like I think he is, it's either Smith who's pulling a god tier wolf game, or Arthur and Parama are double bussing (which isn't a bad strategy tbh). I seriously doubt there's a scum/scum pair involved.

Actually rechecking the wagons, Kagami and Smith do vote as a pair, like *a lot*. Maybe I *did* reconsider my Smith read a little too soon. :| I seriously have to meta his wolf games.

The people consistently on my wagon have been Nahdia (town), pie (town?), Kagami (scum?) and to a degree Smith (no idea?). Either way, I'm positive there's at least one scum amongst them.
In post 4182, Dunnstral wrote:Do you think pieguy's read on me makes sense?
Yes, I just don't agree with it.

Actually reading further down, it does start to look a little like town-on-town. You're both pushing each other for reasons that make sense, and don't care how weird the pushes look like from an outsider perspective. You should each take a good, hard look at each other's lovers.
In post 4190, Human Sequencer wrote:because it almost certainly isn't false, no way was there 0 scum pushing shadow, and i'm town. beyond that, they're both pushing each other pretty hard.
Pretty obviously this.
In post 4192, pieguyn wrote:if Jester's pair is the second town/town pair, god forbid, then that's pretty much all that is necessary because they're getting lynched unless something amazing happens.
Would it help if Kagami and/or Arthur flip scum? Otherwise I agree, I definitely don't see us surviving through to endgame. If it happens, it'll be because scum let it happen.
In post 4193, Human Sequencer wrote:i'm terrified jester/mds will flip t/t because a tilted jester who is just sick of this game becomes more realistic the more i think about it
in that situation mds acting lynchbaity isn't even unrealistic because maybe she just wants out of the game without ruining it by replacing. in fact that becomes more realistic the more i think of it.
Earlier I wanted out of the game because I was fed up and looked like my presence just interfered with everybody's reads. Now I want out because I'm scared of being lynched as the last town and I want to make it happen while we can still afford it.
In post 4196, pieguyn wrote:I'm scared out of my fucking mind that this is what's going on, too, but then I think of just how shit his play this entire game has actually been if he *is* town here, and the fact that the him-town world likely has Parama and SAD hard cross bussing each other, and I calm down. ideally they should have been lynched first dance so we wouldn't have had to be sitting here entertaining the possibility someone can somehow play that badly as town.
It's not too late for that, you know. We still have a safe mislynch. Though, I disagree with you. There's literally nothing that could've been done that wouldn't have led to the same situation. Gamma, Shadow and Jester were pretty much everybody's scumreads. Whichever one of our pairs made it till now, it wouldn't have made any difference.

Also why is it so unrealistic that Parama and Arthur are double bussing? Or that Smith is scum with Kagami and pulling off a grand wolf game? It's certainly not above his skill level.
In post 4198, Human Sequencer wrote:jester and mds shared a hydra in equilibrium mafia, vedith and i were both in that game, and mariar replaced into jester/MDS' scum slot. vedith read them to a tee as scum, and pushed them pretty hard. jester hid from the game, and at a point mds was the only one posting, relaying jester's play to us all until the slot eventually requested a replacement. sound familiar?
Jester didn't "hide" from that game, he legitimately didn't have time to post properly but stayed because of me. He was also inundated with our failpartner and with the super townsided setup, which kind of sapped his motivation anyway. This game he was pretty active in our private PT for the most part, until he got too far behind in terms of catching up and couldn't keep up with the game's pace anymore. He also mentioned at one point that his phone kept deleting his posts halfway through and it pissed the hell out of him.
In post 4205, pieguyn wrote:
@MDS,
is Jester's preferred alignment scum or town?
Town, but not really villager. He prefers power roles. Regardless, I think it's town anyway. Why are you asking?
In post 4210, pieguyn wrote:
In post 4209, Human Sequencer wrote:kagami's interaction with the mds wagon today is horrible, keep that in mind
I agree that Jester/MDS being town means Kagami is scum (which would probably also make Dunn town but doesn't matter at that point).

I have no idea if I'd pick SAD/scout or my pair as the other town pair. I need to actually stop and think some more.
Yay, people are finally seeing my perspective here.
In post 4215, Human Sequencer wrote:that's my thoughts on that post in particular.
I actually totally agree with this. The more I think about it, the less the cross bussing version makes sense.
In post 4232, pieguyn wrote:no really I cannot think of anything else that explains this game if Jester/MDS and HS/Parama are *both* town pairs.
Kagami, Smith, Arthur.

Actually let me make this simple. If Kagami is scum, then Jester is most likely town and that could be game solved by PoE (whether Smith is scum or not). Otherwise either Arthur and Parama are cross bussing *and* Smith is scum, or Jester is scum with Smith and probably Parama. I doubt Jester is scum with Arthur who's bussing him by trying to lynch his girlfriend (me) but it's still possible I guess.

Regardless, I think Kagami or Mini lynch would be the most gamesolving right now. Smith lynch not so much.

Up to 171 now.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #4420 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:53 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

Oh and if Dunn is scum then I guess Smith is town and it's game solved by PoE again?
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #4421 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:05 pm

Post by Human Sequencer »

seems like you wanna lynch dunn/kagami, right mds?

i see no reality where i lynch that pair today

i'm on hs/parama or sad/scout
nah
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4422 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:54 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 4408, pieguyn wrote:@inspectorscout: please confirm to me that you do not think me/mhsmith is a scum/scum pair. looking through your ISO, this seems to be the case, but I want an explicit confirmation of it.
In post 4236, inspectorscout wrote:Either you're scum, or pie. Not both, and not both of you are town. I'd bet on that.
But I know,
At the end...
Remind me of the fool I really am.

Am Zaphkael now.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4423 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:12 am

Post by pieguyn »

then if we were to lynch HS/Parama and they flipped town/town, you'd be OK with going Kagami/Dunn and then my pair afterward?
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4424 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:16 am

Post by inspectorscout »

Possibly.
I'd prefer to lynch you before kagami, though.
But I know,
At the end...
Remind me of the fool I really am.

Am Zaphkael now.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”