Large Normal 199: L'Hôtel Pleuvoir (Fin)

Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:13 pm

Post by Tywin Lannister »

@Gamma: why would I have a role that says 'this person is scum' on D1? What are you even asking? That's a really stupid question.

If you want to ask me something, ask why I think Titus is scum, then read my posts that have explained my SR. What is your intent with that question about my role?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:13 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Even-though Titus complains about meta she's actively aware and spouts her "I don't bus as scum" meta. In that same street fighters game that I posted earlier, she defended one of her buddies hard....but also bussed on of her buddies hard.

My stance is that scum are plenty capable of defending their buddy but town also whiteknight/defend and I'm not skilled enough to tell the difference.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:13 pm

Post by CloudKicker »

^reinforcing the t slip theory
CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:14 pm

Post by CloudKicker »

In post 1076, Nero Cain wrote:Even-though Titus complains about meta she's actively aware and spouts her "I don't bus as scum" meta. In that same street fighters game that I posted earlier, she defended one of her buddies hard....but also bussed on of her buddies hard.

My stance is that scum are plenty capable of defending their buddy but town also whiteknight/defend and I'm not skilled enough to tell the difference.
player from 2009 and ure not confident in your reads :lol:
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:15 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Join date =/= Skill
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:16 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 452, Cabd wrote:
In post 449, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Since it's come up again I'll actually quote the wiki and link the page if you guys want to verify
"Mechanical changes which must be announced beforehand include:
Mafia may have daytalk without an Encryptor as long as it is announced in the game's rules beforehand."
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Normal_Game

We don't know if Mafia have an encryptor or not so we don't know if there's daytalk because the mod did not announce it. The mod is obligated to announce if there will be daytalk
without
an encryptor in a Normal Game.
Oh this changed since last time I played normals.

FWIW Cephrir does come fro the school of mods who used to enjoy daytalk; not sure if it's still the case but I'd call it more likely than not.
I really don't know what daytalk does to affect balance. Can you teach me?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:16 pm

Post by CloudKicker »

Join date = experience =/= skill tho
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I never knew I wasn't confident?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:17 pm

Post by CloudKicker »

In post 1078, CloudKicker wrote:
In post 1076, Nero Cain wrote:Even-though Titus complains about meta she's actively aware and spouts her "I don't bus as scum" meta. In that same street fighters game that I posted earlier, she defended one of her buddies hard....but also bussed on of her buddies hard.

My stance is that scum are plenty capable of defending their buddy but town also whiteknight/defend and
I'm not skilled enough to tell the difference.
player from 2009 and ure not confident in your reads :lol:
sounds bogus
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:17 pm

In post 1074, Alisae wrote:
In post 1050, Tywin Lannister wrote:@Alisae: what will you do if Titus flips scum? Your entire game will be flipped upside down. Why in the world would you be so sure of anyone on D1? That's ridiculous.
Actually, asking you this. What will you do if Titus flips town?
Think I addressed this, but since you didn't read:

It doesn't change the fact that you're scum. It only would show my conf bias in ignoring you in favor of Titus. It actually makes me think it's a mistake to ignore you, since your blatant buddying is obv not town.

And did you answer my question yet? Or just deflect it back to me while sheeping Titus again?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:18 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1075, Tywin Lannister wrote:@Gamma: why would I have a role that says 'this person is scum' on D1? What are you even asking? That's a really stupid question.

If you want to ask me something, ask why I think Titus is scum, then read my posts that have explained my SR. What is your intent with that question about my role?
You say your flip will incriminate Titus. Unless you have something in your role that does so, I don't believe you.
BTW your case on Titus is terrible.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:18 pm

Post by CloudKicker »

Anyway, nero cain what do you think of tywin/alisae/titus trifecta
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

so how do you tell the diffrence between scum defending thier buddy/other town and town defending town or scum?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1085, Gamma Emerald wrote:BTW your case on Titus is terrible.
What about my case?

CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:19 pm

Post by CloudKicker »

When theres scumgain pmuch, the buddying isnt scummy in itself
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:19 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 455, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 448, Titus wrote:Rather, his vote is RVS and drama at best.
Hmm. This doesn't look like RVS to me. The reasoning is thin but not random.
In post 253, Nero Cain wrote:I think Lapsa is town unless he is getting bussed but there's no way I'd know that so he's prob town and there's likely scum voting him. Part of me thinks Cabd and Pine might actually be less likely to be scum so scum have a buffer before voting him.

vote:Gamma
In post 262, Nero Cain wrote:oh! The lapsa wagon was not Cabd, Pine, Gamma it was Pine, Gamma, Titus. Horay I get to lynch scum Titus again.

vote:Titus
Reading his posts together you can see he thinks scum has a buffer on the wagon and that's why he picks you because you're third. He was voting Gamma when he thought Gamma was the third on the wagon, as soon as he realized Cabd wasn't voting Lapsa he moved his vote to you. An obvious, but flimsy reason, unless he's keeping deeper reasons to himself.

Still a good vote though because there's at least 1 scum in those 5 players, maybe 2 if this is multiball
Why are you concerned about multiball?
<Embrace The Void>

CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:20 pm

Post by CloudKicker »

In post 1088, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1085, Gamma Emerald wrote:BTW your case on Titus is terrible.
What about my case?
He obvious said that to twyin
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:21 pm

Post by Alisae »

@Tywin
In post 1066, Alisae wrote:
In post 1050, Tywin Lannister wrote:@Alisae: what will you do if Titus flips scum? Your entire game will be flipped upside down. Why in the world would you be so sure of anyone on D1? That's ridiculous.
I know right, it's like I'm setting myself up as a daytwo lynch. We'll cross this bridge if we ever get there. In that case, I'ma go write why I think Titus is town. If I was scum with Titus, I would be fucking our scumteam over at this moment. Why would scum set themselves up this badly and this obviously? It seems like they would lose the game by buddying each other this hard.

BTW, Tywin, day talk is a thing.

Also Tywin, I like how you haven't responded to , or . Answer each post with 20 words or less so that everyone can understand the arguement you're trying to make. And yes, I will be counting the words for lolz.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:21 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1061, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 412, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:kk getting back to those Tywin and Alisae reads now that I'm sober.
Leaning Town on Alisae, not as sheepy as I thought, that was just the word I used last night to describe her very early play involving the introductions and all. I think the only sheepy vote she had was on Lapsa After she dropped the catposting things looked a lot better from her.
Tywin the play looks scummy so far, could wagon that if he keeps on the way he is and the right people are voting him, but not right now.

There are scum here in the bold:
In post 176, Cephrir wrote:
Votecount 1.3Lapsa 5 (
Pine
Gamma Emerald
Titus
, Alisae,
Elbirn
)
So my vote will stay here until all the bold look town or someone else scums up the thread.
Why not Alisae? I can see how you formatted as I'm posting.
FOS: ssbm
At the time of this post I had reason to believe Alisae was town, so by PoE there's scum in the other 4. That format was intended to show both that the wagon was my initial pool and that Alisae was eliminated from that pool. I hadn't looked closely enough at her yet. Currently that pool is {Pine, Gamma, Alisae}.
In post 1063, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1053, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I think for her being your top SR you aren't paying enough attention to what Titus is posting
????

Titus gave out a series of town reads, sheeped onto a bunch of wagons. I called her scum. She ignored me. I called her out on ignoring me. She waved off my vote on her as being vindictive, She put a case on Tywin for "lying" and has promised a case on Lapsa. Is this an accurate potrayl of her actions this game? What have I ignored that should comment on?
Titus has given a reasonable amount of TRs imo. I don't think her votes have been sheep votes onto a bunch of wagons. I would ignore you as either alignment for the reasons you provided for SRing her. You pushed too hard on one of the 5 players on the Lapsa wagon too quickly. You seem to be ignoring Pine, Gamma, Alisae, and Elbirn at the time that you start asking players for their Titus reads, when they should all be in your scope still, assuming that you are voting Titus for the reason you gave at the time of the vote. Tywin did lie, but it was due to a misunderstanding. She hasn't been online since promising a case on Lapsa. I can't make you see it if you haven't noticed it already.

@Alisae - quit telling Tywin to use fewer words. Take the time to read what he's saying, it's not like it's difficult.
@Tywin - In 1056 you indicate that there's a possibility that instead of it being scum!Titus and scum!Alisae it could be town!Titus and scum!Alisae. You don't indicate you think it could be scum!Titus and town!Alisae though, so why not vote Alisae instead?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:22 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1086, CloudKicker wrote:Anyway, nero cain what do you think of tywin/alisae/titus trifecta
I think there's also the possibility of Elbirn wich would mean one of tywin/alisae is wrong but otherwise I can see it.

Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:22 pm

In post 1080, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 452, Cabd wrote:
In post 449, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Since it's come up again I'll actually quote the wiki and link the page if you guys want to verify
"Mechanical changes which must be announced beforehand include:
Mafia may have daytalk without an Encryptor as long as it is announced in the game's rules beforehand."
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Normal_Game

We don't know if Mafia have an encryptor or not so we don't know if there's daytalk because the mod did not announce it. The mod is obligated to announce if there will be daytalk
without
an encryptor in a Normal Game.
Oh this changed since last time I played normals.

FWIW Cephrir does come fro the school of mods who used to enjoy daytalk; not sure if it's still the case but I'd call it more likely than not.
I really don't know what daytalk does to affect balance. Can you teach me?
Really? Why are you constantly asking asinine questions?

Okay, here's an example for you:

Titus is scum buddies with Alisae. Without day talk, Alisae is extreme newbscum and doesn't know to not buddy her scum team in-thread. She thinks that's how to play, but obviously Titus can't go and say 'hey Alisae, calm down there buddy, you'll get us both caught!' Without day talk, newbscum Alisae does what she does.

With day talk, the experienced scum would calm her the fuck down and try to minimize her mistakes.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Please note that in , the word think should be after don't.

@Alisae:
Ever heard of WIFOM?
CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Post by CloudKicker »

In post 1094, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1086, CloudKicker wrote:Anyway, nero cain what do you think of tywin/alisae/titus trifecta
I think there's also the possibility of Elbirn wich would mean one of tywin/alisae is wrong but otherwise I can see it.
You didnt really answer my question :) i was wondering why do you think of the interactions since you hard tr titus, do you think tywin is scum, that alisea is scum for buddying etc yada
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:24 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 493, CloudKicker wrote:oh lord i just fucking thought about a flip in another game, sorry that was non intended
What?
<Embrace The Void>

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:24 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1090, Gamma Emerald wrote:Why are you concerned about multiball?
I looked at archived Large Normals because I wanted to know how many mafia I should expect to see in this game. I've never played a game of this size before and didn't want to ask in the thread because that looks like a forced townslip. I noticed there were a lot of multiball games in the recent archive

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”