Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3825 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:28 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 3821, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 3797, Parama wrote:sad is scum part 1:
In post 1721, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:See the thing is, being "townie" or "town-looking" is just NOT good enough. The wincon isn't "go look townie" it's "find scum". So far:

MDS has no scumreads
You have no scumreads
Shadow has NO reads
Dunn has NO reads
Maria has NO reads
Vedith has 1 read
Parama has 1 read
Cerb has done nothing
mhsmith has done nothing (except discuss setup early on ~so~ helpful wow)
Gamma has ????????? reads
Kagami has ????????? reads

Me and inspector have discussed more reads than I feel has been discussed in 70 pages of this thread.

Imagine the deadline was only 8 days for all of Day 1 like the other games. Seriously imagine that.
this was the first thing that really bothered me. it's just this disgusting mass discredit of practically everyone in the game.

and does sad really believe this? it doesn't sound like it, it looks like he's just making this entire post to buddy inspector some more while throwing shade at everyone. if he was reading the thread at all he'd know this is outright false
Did I really believe it; Yes.

There your case is gone.
That seems like a non-indicative lie, more like something that's exaggerated because he was pissy as opposed to a wolfy lie. Why is that scum-indicative beyond a relatively lazy ("it wasn't accurate therefore scum" take)?
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3826 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:29 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

the "non-indicative lie" being SAD's original 1721 in case that wasn't obvious btw
Show
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3827 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:30 am

Post by Parama »

sad is scum part 2:

i present to you, his entire voting history.
In post 810, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
Vote: Vedith
i don't care about this vote but i'm being comprehensive
In post 1412, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
Unvote

Vote: Shadow

This goes first today.
here's his first vote on shadow. obviously his #1 priority at the time, but. that's gonna change.
note that this was a very late vote on the initial first push of shadow.
In post 1672, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 1657, MiniDeathStar wrote:Sorry I'm not pushing the Shadow wagon but Jester is pretty set on both of them being town and I trust his judgement.
Unvote

Vote: MDS

This is scum she has literally done nothing but fence sit how aren't people seeing these terrible posts. And now she uses Jester reads to give more non commital reads.

I'm sorry but I refuse to believe that MDS is a townie who is so attached to Jester that she is literally playing the game through him.
this vote's a bit of an odd duck but it's this weird vote he made primarily because mds called shadow town. on the other hand this is where the momentum on the shadow push started to slip away from shadow to jester.
considering this further i find it really unlikely that jester pair contains scum but i think that's unrelated to the point of this post lol
In post 1862, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
Unvote

I'm done. I'm not moving my vote till this lynch happens. If another lynch happens I will put my vote back continuously.
"i'm not moving my vote ever" :roll:
In post 2292, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Anyway,

Idk why votes get reset but sure.
i mean there's nothing to say about this one either, just being comprehensive
In post 2335, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Wait I missed a pie self vote somewhere?

That makes my point to mhsmith about pie-town even stronger.

Vote: MDS

I'm cool with this for now.

Pedit: LOL
this was absolutely a vote change because his preferred mislynch wagon wasn't going anywhere while the mds/jester wagon was taking off.
not changing his vote ever, lol, only when it's convenient i guess
In post 2427, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 2391, MariaR wrote:What have you done at all this game besides whine that me and shadow are scum let's check...nothing good to know you keep screaming that me and shadow should be lynched but you're doing nothing to do it just placing your vote same can be said for para/SAD
If you want shadow so bad do something about it
Are you seriously gonna misrep my whole play like this?

Wtf I seriously I thought you were town but there's no way you can see my posts and say I'm only pushing shadow.

You have continuously tried to discredit me having a scumread on shadow meanwhile your town read on him is literally based on ???????? What, that he buddies you in PT?

I'm starting to get the feeling like you're the scum who's obsessed with only slinging mud at people who are pushing shadow because you know you will go down in the process.

Yeah I need that pair flipping I feel extremely uncomfortable doing any analysis or pushing anywhere else with how their play has been all game.

Vote: Shadow-MariaR
okay the bolded-underlined line is absolutely hilarious given part 1 of this sequence of posts. but yeah the shadow wagon was starting to build up again from here so he moves his vote back
In post 3550, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 3537, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 3494, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 3488, MariaR wrote:Hey why don't you explain why instead of being useless as always
Because we went over it on like page fucking 5 which means you either don't care about this game enough to read it because you're scum or just bullshitting randomly.
Why is this a concern when Maria does it but you ignore the fact that Parama did the same the page before your post?
Without looking back I was gonna say because

1. Because Maria is using it to scumhunt, and using weird logic like that to scumhunt instead of just saying it randomly like that is much much scummier.
2. Because Maria partnered with shadow, and at some point I would expect Maria to have ISOed her partner, to get more confident if she's paired with scum or not (Shadow is the one who assumed it wasn't randomized or something, and then Fakegod answered).

BUT that said, having looked back:
In post 139, Parama wrote:
In post 133, FakeGod wrote:
It was randomized last setup, and it's randomized this setup.
THE HECK

HUMAN GIVE ME MY GODDAMN MONEY BACK
In post 3469, Parama wrote:w-wait 3 scum dudes is totally possible?
ahgurhaghtg WELL THEN

...so I'm NOT insane for having all my stronger scumreads be dudes.
Unvote
Vote: Parama
here's his dumb push on me based on me not having been considering 3 scum on the same pair (for the record i went and did the math, assuming fakegod assigned the ic after the scum roles: 3 gentlemen is about 12.35% and 3 ladies is about 8.24%, which is about 20% chance in total)
and it's just an excuse to get off the wagon that looked like it was driving towards a lynch. he gets to have pushed it the whole time, but not actually been a part of the lynch. and yes we're gonna consider shadow lynched because his leave was literally a self-hammer at L-1

the overall story: sad pushed this shadow lynch only when convenient and hopped off at the right time to make the excuse "well i didn't want to lynch him"
all his other votes were very weak votes that never stuck around for long and never went anywhere
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3828 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:31 am

Post by Parama »

In post 3821, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote: Did I really believe it; Yes.

There your case is gone.
you can say that, but you can't prove it.
and i can't prove it the other way around, true.

but. it's still a mass-discredit of the majority of the players in the game. that's the important part
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3829 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:32 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 3814, pieguyn wrote:in similar vein, if you want to try to explain the scum read on SAD you can and I'll let you know where I think you're going wrong with it.
The fact that he refused to believe S_S wasnt scum, even though i made valid arguments as to why i thought he wasnt
The fact that he played the 'okay you have the right to say you were right unless youre scum but i dont think you are'
The fact that we are very much townread and have more influence than cerb+ nad but we didnt get killed, and when i asked arthur about if he thought we would get nightkilled he came with some bad excuse as to why we arent a probable nightkill. Before i asked he wanted to read the thread and stuff and had no possible thought of us dying. Who cant die, even if theyre townread? Scum.
The fact that, when I asked him about his reads after flip he said a lot but most was just questions to me like 'what do you think of kagami'

And thats PT only.

Pedit mother of god
But I know,
At the end...
Remind me of the fool I really am.

Am Zaphkael now.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3830 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:33 am

Post by Parama »

In post 3825, mhsmith0 wrote:That seems like a non-indicative lie, more like something that's exaggerated because he was pissy as opposed to a wolfy lie. Why is that scum-indicative beyond a relatively lazy ("it wasn't accurate therefore scum" take)?
"Nobody else is scumhunting, but -I- am."
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3831 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:34 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 3830, Parama wrote:
In post 3825, mhsmith0 wrote:That seems like a non-indicative lie, more like something that's exaggerated because he was pissy as opposed to a wolfy lie. Why is that scum-indicative beyond a relatively lazy ("it wasn't accurate therefore scum" take)?
which comes across more as "fuck you assholes for being lazy" than "give me town credit for my work" to me. Why do you think it's the latter more than the former?
Show
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3832 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:35 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 3818, mhsmith0 wrote:When did she think I was fine? She was pushing on me since super early in her ISO
She never pushed you until that point.

@pie i still dont believe it, im pretty sure there is scum in you-mhsmith.
But I know,
At the end...

Am Zaphkael now.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3833 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:35 am

Post by Parama »

the one confusing thing is sad-scum pushing that i was bussing shadow somehow when he knew that shadow was gonna flip town anyways.
but then he went and tried to move the wagon to me instead of shadow at the last minute for arbitrary reason (which until then his only point against me had been that i was bussing shadow, which vanished into the ether the moment shadow flipped, probably the only reason he even made that last minute push in the first place tbh)
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3834 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:36 am

Post by Parama »

In post 3831, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 3830, Parama wrote:
which comes across more as "fuck you assholes for being lazy" than "give me town credit for my work" to me. Why do you think it's the latter more than the former?
it's a "i'm better than everyone else so you should listen to me"
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3835 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:37 am

Post by Parama »

sad is scum, part 3:
In post 2391, MariaR wrote:What have you done at all this game besides whine that me and shadow are scum let's check...nothing good to know you keep screaming that me and shadow should be lynched but you're doing nothing to do it just placing your vote same can be said for para/SAD

Wtf I seriously I thought you were town but there's no way you can see my posts and say I'm only pushing shadow.

You have continuously tried to discredit me having a scumread on shadow meanwhile your town read on him is literally based on ???????? What, that he buddies you in PT?

I'm starting to get the feeling like you're the scum who's obsessed with only slinging mud at people who are pushing shadow because you know you will go down in the process.

Yeah I need that pair flipping I feel extremely uncomfortable doing any analysis or pushing anywhere else with how their play has been all game.

suddenly he's pushing 'em as both scum just to force the lynch :roll:
this was what made me ease off the shadow lynch in the first place for what it's worth and i should've listened to my gut at the time
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3836 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:38 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 3827, Parama wrote:and it's just an excuse to get off the wagon that looked like it was driving towards a lynch. he gets to have pushed it the whole time, but not actually been a part of the lynch. and yes we're gonna consider shadow lynched because his leave was literally a self-hammer at L-1
Okay consider me on the Shadow wagon.

I literally got off it because I didn't think it would happen. I asked if people were down for it before I went to sleep, planning on waking up and voting it after sleep if it looked like it was heading for lynch. He left dance before I can get on it.

For the sake of VCA of whatever bullshit you want, consider me on it if you'd like. I will take full responsibility for driving his lynch. You're trying to paint me as someone who came up with an excuse to get off it, meanwhile I don't give a fuck that he flipped town right now and that I wasn't on it, at the time I was 100% for the shadow lynch.

There your part 2 is gone.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3837 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:39 am

Post by inspectorscout »

@mhsmith:
compare 3371, 3383 and 3422, where she couldnt belive that you are town
to 3634, 3640, 3450 and 3665, where you are town
And her poat today where you shouldnt be lynched anywhere near now.
But I know,
At the end...

Am Zaphkael now.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3838 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:39 am

Post by Parama »

sad is scum, part 4:
In post 2849, Parama wrote:
In post 2773, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote: I actually agree with this, I think if HS is scum shadow-maria is town.
am i the only one seeing this????
he's setting up a scenario where our pair is his next target after shadow+maria flips

i'm somehow scum if shadow's scum
hs is somehow scum if the pair is town
nailed it

y'all figured out that i'm mostly just repeating stuff i've already said before? because i am. because it's all still true
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3839 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:40 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 3835, Parama wrote:sad is scum, part 3:

I'm starting to get the feeling like
you're the scum
who's obsessed with only slinging mud at people who are pushing shadow because you know you will go down in the process.

this was what made me ease off the shadow lynch in the first place for what it's worth and i should've listened to my gut at the time
I have colored to you the part that indicated that post was made with the thought "I think Maria might be the scum now not shadow", NOT both. But keep misrepping.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #3840 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:41 am

Post by Human Sequencer »

no way in hell can you accuse arthur of opportunistically wagon hopping when he pushed shadow as hard as he did
really seeing scumParama

gotta sleep lads
nah
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3841 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:41 am

Post by Parama »

In post 3836, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 3827, Parama wrote:and it's just an excuse to get off the wagon that looked like it was driving towards a lynch. he gets to have pushed it the whole time, but not actually been a part of the lynch. and yes we're gonna consider shadow lynched because his leave was literally a self-hammer at L-1
Okay consider me on the Shadow wagon.

I literally got off it because I didn't think it would happen. I asked if people were down for it before I went to sleep, planning on waking up and voting it after sleep if it looked like it was heading for lynch. He left dance before I can get on it.

For the sake of VCA of whatever bullshit you want, consider me on it if you'd like. I will take full responsibility for driving his lynch. You're trying to paint me as someone who came up with an excuse to get off it, meanwhile I don't give a fuck that he flipped town right now and that I wasn't on it, at the time I was 100% for the shadow lynch.

There your part 2 is gone.
you're only seeing the destination, not the journey
your on-again off-again voting history speaks for itself either way, you can claim this now but i can see the hesitance just by looking at your iso
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3842 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:41 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 3827, Parama wrote:the overall story: sad pushed this shadow lynch only when convenient and hopped off at the right time to make the excuse "well i didn't want to lynch him"
This is 100% false though. He never claimed not to be part of the lynch.
He also would lynch S-S today again if he could.
But I know,
At the end...

Am Zaphkael now.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3843 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:41 am

Post by Parama »

In post 3839, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 3835, Parama wrote:sad is scum, part 3:

I'm starting to get the feeling like
you're the scum
who's obsessed with only slinging mud at people who are pushing shadow because you know you will go down in the process.

I have colored to you the part that indicated that post was made with the thought "I think Maria might be the scum now not shadow", NOT both. But keep misrepping.
okay, so you're just trying to force the town/town mislynch any way you can, what changes
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3844 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:42 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 3829, inspectorscout wrote:The fact that he refused to believe S_S wasnt scum, even though i made valid arguments as to why i thought he wasnt
I don't feel as though this is a scum tell in SAD's case; his push on S_S was one of the more reasonable-sounding ones there, and I can't fault him for it at all, not in the same way I fault Parama for inventing a "scum slip" that clearly wasn't a slip.
In post 3829, inspectorscout wrote:The fact that he played the 'okay you have the right to say you were right unless youre scum but i dont think you are'
again, I don't feel as though this is a scum tell and I'm not really sure why you think it is.
In post 3829, inspectorscout wrote:The fact that we are very much townread and have more influence than cerb+ nad but we didnt get killed, and when i asked arthur about if he thought we would get nightkilled he came with some bad excuse as to why we arent a probable nightkill. Before i asked he wanted to read the thread and stuff and had no possible thought of us dying. Who cant die, even if theyre townread? Scum.
scum effectively had to kill Cv666/Nahdia last night regardless of reads. there was some suspicion on Cv666, but I've said a billion times that all we need in this setup is to identify one town/town pair and make it to endgame. leaving Cv666 alive means that if he was to come back into the thread and start being active and looking really town - and he strongly hinted this is what he was going to do, and that he was largely attempting to appear useless on purpose to dodge a night kill and do exactly this - scum is straight up completely fucked with no recourse.

I don't feel as though you two being alive means anything. me and mhsmith speculated that maybe if Cv666 was scum you two might die, but since he was town he was pretty much the required NK (and a lot of what I did at the end of D1 was me overstating a town read on him because I wanted to force a kill on their pair if they were town in order to avoid "why are they still alive" shenanigans).
In post 3829, inspectorscout wrote:The fact that, when I asked him about his reads after flip he said a lot but most was just questions to me like 'what do you think of kagami'
I can't make anything of this unless I have more context/specifics.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3845 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:44 am

Post by Parama »

@pie i wasn't even the only one who saw it as a scumslip, blame shadow for being piss poor at wording things
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3846 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:44 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 3832, inspectorscout wrote:
In post 3818, mhsmith0 wrote:When did she think I was fine? She was pushing on me since super early in her ISO
She never pushed you until that point.

@pie i still dont believe it, im pretty sure there is scum in you-mhsmith.
what part don't you believe? and if you don't have any specifics and you're just ignoring me trying to explain to you why you're wrong because you "don't believe it", then don't interact with me, thanks in advance.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3847 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:48 am

Post by inspectorscout »

In post 3844, pieguyn wrote:
In post 3829, inspectorscout wrote:The fact that he refused to believe S_S wasnt scum, even though i made valid arguments as to why i thought he wasnt
I don't feel as though this is a scum tell in SAD's case; his push on S_S was one of the more reasonable-sounding ones there, and I can't fault him for it at all, not in the same way I fault Parama for inventing a "scum slip" that clearly wasn't a slip.
In post 3829, inspectorscout wrote:The fact that he played the 'okay you have the right to say you were right unless youre scum but i dont think you are'
again, I don't feel as though this is a scum tell and I'm not really sure why you think it is.
In post 3829, inspectorscout wrote:The fact that we are very much townread and have more influence than cerb+ nad but we didnt get killed, and when i asked arthur about if he thought we would get nightkilled he came with some bad excuse as to why we arent a probable nightkill. Before i asked he wanted to read the thread and stuff and had no possible thought of us dying. Who cant die, even if theyre townread? Scum.
scum effectively had to kill Cv666/Nahdia last night regardless of reads. there was some suspicion on Cv666, but I've said a billion times that all we need in this setup is to identify one town/town pair and make it to endgame. leaving Cv666 alive means that if he was to come back into the thread and start being active and looking really town - and he strongly hinted this is what he was going to do, and that he was largely attempting to appear useless on purpose to dodge a night kill and do exactly this - scum is straight up completely fucked with no recourse.

I don't feel as though you two being alive means anything. me and mhsmith speculated that maybe if Cv666 was scum you two might die, but since he was town he was pretty much the required NK (and a lot of what I did at the end of D1 was me overstating a town read on him because I wanted to force a kill on their pair if they were town in order to avoid "why are they still alive" shenanigans).
In post 3829, inspectorscout wrote:The fact that, when I asked him about his reads after flip he said a lot but most was just questions to me like 'what do you think of kagami'
I can't make anything of this unless I have more context/specifics.
Okay, tunneling can come from town.

I think it sounds really awkward and something thats scum would feel like saying because reasons. You may not think of it as a scumtell, but i definitely do.

I dont think that cefb hinted at being more active, but there is no point in discussing that. In fact, i didnt push arthur as scum to try and bait the nightkill as well.

I asked him 'who is scum after the S-S town flip'
He had no solid answers.
But I know,
At the end...

Am Zaphkael now.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3848 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:49 am

Post by inspectorscout »

What do you have to say about him not even thinking about being nightkilled?
But I know,
At the end...

Am Zaphkael now.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3849 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:50 am

Post by Parama »

In post 3840, Human Sequencer wrote:no way in hell can you accuse arthur of opportunistically wagon hopping when he pushed shadow as hard as he did
really seeing scumParama

gotta sleep lads
just calling it like i see it

you need to take off your arthur-town blinders because you've never solidly backed that one up to me, either in-thread or in the pt
all you've ever said was "look how town he is" and "his play is really town" but i'm legit going through our PT and that's all i'm seeing, never an explanation of why he's town, just that he -is-, somehow

even after my fantastic meme post you just went "but sad is town"
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”