Post Post #725 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:54 am

Post by Nudude »

Vote Count

Thanatos (3)
- Gorgon, VampyreLord, charter
Dark_Lady_Shaiann (2) - Disciple Slayer, Thanatos

Not Voting (4) - Dark_Lady_Shaiann, Infinitive, liamcool, Nudude

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

MOD: Can we get a prod on Dark Lady Shaiann?

DLS, I don't really want to lynch you at the moment. I want to give you a chance to allay my suspiciouns. I know it can feel frustrating being pushed into a corner and it feeling like everyone is against you.

I have a confession to make. I didn't really suspect you of being scum at the start. I was putting pressure on you because I was curious as to how particular people would react to it, and it was THEM I suspected of being scum, not you.

Having said that, I did such a good job of it I'm now not so certain! Maybe you are scum. You dig in your heels and refuse to scum hunt, only make substainsial posts when someone accuses you and have been lurking for a few days now, which feels like your hoping my attention on you will just fall away.

Here's the prediciment I'm in. I was almost certain my original suspects were scum, but with your reactions now I'm not so sure if I've got it right.

What I need from you is to do something, ANYTHING to allay my suspicions. I'll even tell you exactly what to do.

Do some scum hunting, give me your thoughts on who's who. That's all I want, a few lines on what you think of each person, maybe ask them about some posts they've made.

If you are town, I beg and plead with you to do this, because at the moment you are looking very scummy, and I will be basing my further investigations on that.

If I'm wrong, you need to do something to correct me
now
, or I'm going to be chasing red herrings for the rest of the game.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:34 am

Post by Dark_Lady_Shaiann »

I already gave you my explination, but obviously it's not enough for you. The long and short of it is, convential scum hunting doesn't work for me. Check my other games.
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Ok, time for part one of my PBPA on DLS. lets seem what I get, and how far I get into it. This will be a summary of EVERY post she makes, and any mention of her by others of significance.

Post 19: random vote on Nikon, confirmed townie.

Post 23: Lord Nikon does his weird response to her, somewhere between OMGUS and semi-random.

Post 39: HeH makes one of the first significant posts of this game, commenting on DLS making a fourth vote on Page one. I'll keep that in mind, since he DID die. Infinitive defended her.

Post 49: She unvotes. Fair enough...

Post 50: Nudude keeps his FOS on for really BS logic. I remember him being called on it, and him backing down, but I still think that was a bad move by Nudude early on.

Post 51/52: she defends herself, and he backs down.

to be continued...Right now, I've noted how, even from the start, she's yet to do anything that's not defensive, though there was also alot of bad arguments about her, and some people defending her.
Never forget...you are Mortal.
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:03 pm

Post by Nudude »

Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:I already gave you my explination, but obviously it's not enough for you. The long and short of it is, convential scum hunting doesn't work for me. Check my other games.
Well you have presented what you would define as an explanation. Do you feel it's more important you understand what your saying, or the person your trying to explain to?

Your scum hunting method, to my understanding, is picking holes in logic when people put some evidence to you. By refusing to do at least some form of scum hunting is like insisting on using a push bike in a motor car race. Sure you can do it, but it's very, very ineffective and puts you at a serious disadvantage.

What if we all played like that? Just sat back waiting for people to attack us? Then noone would say anything. If you really want to be a good townie, I'd strongly suggest that you consider changing you playstyle to incorporate at least a small amount of conventional scum hunting.

Your style lets the townie team down DLS, and it means the rest of us have to pick up the slack. Pouring through posts is hard work, but that's part of being a townie. Your like the kid in school who on a research team lets their teammates do all the research while they relax. I'm going to let this investigation go for now, because I want to have a look at more than one person today.

If your scum, you've dug yourself into a hole you may not be able to climb out of. If your town, I'm very disapointed you put so little effort into helping us win the game. If we do win, it won't be because of anything you've done.
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:10 pm

Post by Nudude »

Now to my next suspect.

Disciple Slayer, you argued early today that there was a link between DLS and Thanatos, and you felt pretty strongly about that link.

So what do you think about Thanatos's vote on DLS?
Your absolutely right, I am crazy. I just got bored of normal, I'm harmless really =D
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:55 pm

Post by Disciple Slayer »

Could be because he's distancing himself from her and will look innocent if she turns up scum, but can claim that she was scummy if she turns up town. Could be that they're actually in cahoots and are purposely lynching DLS to gain trust for Thanatos. Or it could be that DLS is scum and Thanatos is really town, and he only recently saw the light. Could be anything really. Can't think properly right now since my mind just overheated from another game I'm in.

Can you delay your investigation of me to Wednesday next week? I'm going to be busy from now 'til then and I doubt I'll be able to post regularly.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l........[color=red]O[/color]..........
l........[color=red]/l\[/color].........
l........[color=red]/\[/color]......... /OUT on all my current games
l......................
===________
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:17 pm

UPDATE: I'm going to be back Sunday, not Wednesday.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Infinitive
Infinitive
Goon
Infinitive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:12 am

Post by Infinitive »

What's going on with this game? It seems like anyone we question lately just up and disappears.
Ha! I'm being snarky and condescending to you on an internet forum! Take that, some guy I'll never meet!
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:32 am

Post by Thanatos »

As I beleive I said, school is insane at the moment. I'm doing the best I can.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:40 pm

Post by charter »

Yeah, I was working for like 40 hours straight a few days ago, tomorrow I should be (relatively) free and be able to do more posting.
Numenorean7
Numenorean7
Goon
Numenorean7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:37 am

Post by Numenorean7 »

If discussion hasn't picked up by Tuesday, I may consider imposing a deadline.
Political Correctness offends me.
Nudude
Nudude
Goon
Nudude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:30 pm

Post by Nudude »

Numenorean7 wrote:If discussion hasn't picked up by Tuesday, I may consider imposing a deadline.
This is why I've been very forward with my questions so far. DS has asked I wait untill Wednesday, and that's a reasonable request, so I'm waiting untill Wednesday.

C'mon guys, do some reading, form some ideas, and chase them!
Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:52 pm

You can start now, if you want. I'm back.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l......................
===________
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:00 pm

Post by Thanatos »

Thanatos wrote:Ok, time for part one of my PBPA on DLS. lets seem what I get, and how far I get into it. This will be a summary of EVERY post she makes, and any mention of her by others of significance.

Post 19: random vote on Nikon, confirmed townie.

Post 23: Lord Nikon does his weird response to her, somewhere between OMGUS and semi-random.

Post 39: HeH makes one of the first significant posts of this game, commenting on DLS making a fourth vote on Page one. I'll keep that in mind, since he DID die. Infinitive defended her.

Post 49: She unvotes. Fair enough...

Post 50: Nudude keeps his FOS on for really BS logic. I remember him being called on it, and him backing down, but I still think that was a bad move by Nudude early on.

Post 51/52: she defends herself, and he backs down.

to be continued...Right now, I've noted how, even from the start, she's yet to do anything that's not defensive, though there was also alot of bad arguments about her, and some people defending her.
Post 55 is continuing discussion of her Random vote, though I wonder now..She said she had a random reason, but she delayed because she didn't notice Lord Nikon...but what did Lord Nikon have that drew "not being dark like her"as a reason. wouldn't that apply to anyone. This is kinda out dated, but I find it odd..

post 64: VL points to a possible Charter, DLS, Infinitive link. Kinda interesting, ecessially since, unless A. We don't have a cop by some fluke, or B. Our cop is a TOTAL idiot who doesn't realize the importance of lynching scum right now.. VL is most likely town. HeH and infinitive argue against VL.

76: DLS gives an "I'm new" response, and it seems to go well. Nudude is a noted standout in his opinion, being "reserved" in his opinion on her.

Post 95: She defends S_K, and I suppose by extension, myself. I've stated my opinion on the connection between S_K and myself, and I don't think this is really the time to go into it further.

Page 100: HeH, confirmed townie, accuses DLS of redirecting attacks on S_K to LN, another confirmed townie; and again comments on a link.

Post 101: she gives a snippy response to HeH, which DT (sadly, confirmed townie) called scummy.

(also, I just pinpointed the begining of the DT lynch. it was NUDUDE, shortly after this. I'm making a note of that here, because it's one of the most important points in this game)

Post 117: Infinitive mentions that DLS vanished after the heat died down.

120: She throws in her tentitive hat agaisnt DT, but doesn't vote or official FOS. She does question HeH though...about her own post. This bugs me. Why, when a case is starting to build, is she still defensive?

125: She attacks DT! Sorta. She questions him on his goddamn smilie conversation. But that's most like trying to work out what he said.

135: A handsome Stranger joins the game. Press considers it the beginning of a new golden age! *shot* Bust seriously, looking back at what I thought about certain people...It's given me a few ideas.

Page 168: She launches the first attack against DS...I may skip this part.

Post :173: she laments her inability to watch scrubs, missing, along with the rest of us, DTs rather unsubtle roleclaim.

184: DT Roleclaims House. We were, in fact, as thoroughly boned as I said.

Post 190: is when the shitstorm began..though looking back, DLS' first shot didn't make much sense.

I'll cut it off there, and continue later.

Here is what I noticed...DLS is consistant, but she's not entirely in the shadows...one thing I noticed was that she said that she scanned the first page for mentions of her name. That leads me to believe she's a very defensive player, perhaps simply because it is her nature. Feel free to discuss this as it continues on. I'm only a 3rd done.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:46 pm

Post by charter »

I'm not convinced DLS is the best lynch right now. I agree she hasn't been overly helpful to the town, but the only scummy thing she's done that's really stood out to me is this recent hardcore lurking she's been doing, despite being asked by others to try and find slip ups and what not.
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:06 pm

Post by liamcool »

Charter brings up a very good point, and the exact thing I was going to bring up, actually.

Mod, are we allowed to vote No Vote in this game or not?
Thanatos
Thanatos
Goon
Thanatos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:21 pm

Post by Thanatos »

liamcool wrote:Charter brings up a very good point, and the exact thing I was going to bring up, actually.

Mod, are we allowed to vote No Vote in this game or not?
Not being allowed to Vote for No Lynch is an unusual rule, and is almost always noted in the begining.

However, it's VERY rarely a good choice, and practically only in large games.

You do have a point though. As I noted, it does somewhat come off as her being reactive and defensive than simply being scum...but I'll need to dig further.
Infinitive
Infinitive
Goon
Infinitive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:05 am

Post by Infinitive »

Ugh... I just blew a head gasket in my car. I might only be in intermittently for a while, especially on weekends. Sorry if it's inconvenient for you guys- this is already gonna cost me over $3000, and as such is somewhat more important to me than an internet forum game.
Ha! I'm being snarky and condescending to you on an internet forum! Take that, some guy I'll never meet!
Numenorean7
Numenorean7
Goon
Numenorean7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:45 am

Post by Numenorean7 »

liamcool wrote:Mod, are we allowed to vote No Vote in this game or not?
As per rule 2, a majority of votes for "no lynch" will end the day without a lynch.
Political Correctness offends me.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:59 am

Post by Gorgon »

liamcool wrote:Mod, are we allowed to vote No Vote in this game or not?
What exactly do you propose to accomplish with lynching no one? The only thing that happens is that tomorrow, we will have one or two dead people ... probably the people who are most helpful to the town. Lynching yields valuable information every time ... not lynching yields no information.

However, no lynch is sometimes an option. I'm not just sure this is a situation where it's justified ...

This said, I'm hard pressed to pick anyone I would definitely want to lynch at this point ...
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:24 am

charter wrote:I'm not convinced DLS is the best lynch right now. I agree she hasn't been overly helpful to the town, but
the only scummy thing she's done that's really stood out to me is this recent hardcore lurking she's been doing, despite being asked by others to try and find slip ups and what not
I was actually told to kind of stop playing that way, which is why I have basically backed off a bit. I'm trying to figure out a different approach, but it's not proving very easy.......
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:25 am

Post 55 is continuing discussion of her Random vote, though I wonder now..She said she had a random reason, but she delayed because she didn't notice Lord Nikon...but what did Lord Nikon have that drew "not being dark like her"as a reason. wouldn't that apply to anyone. This is kinda out dated, but I find it odd..
It refers to his name. I'm a 'dark' Lady, but he's just a plain Lord, therefore 'not dark like me'.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:34 am

And when it comes to no-lynching, though it is an option I feel we need to treat that option just as if it was another player. Don't just throw it out there cause you think it would be a safe thing to do, we have to spend as much discussion on that just as we would any one else. Generally, I don't believe a no-lynch is a good idea, but though what Gorgon says is true, (not lynching gives us no information), the night kill(s) will. Though definetly not as desired as a lynch, it's information all the same. Besides, it's not like our previous lynch was very helpful to us. Why risk killing our own when we can have them do it for us and then increase the chances of us hitting them?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:04 pm

Post by charter »

Dark_Lady_Shaiann wrote:And when it comes to no-lynching, though it is an option I feel we need to treat that option just as if it was another player. Don't just throw it out there cause you think it would be a safe thing to do, we have to spend as much discussion on that just as we would any one else. Generally, I don't believe a no-lynch is a good idea, but though what Gorgon says is true, (not lynching gives us no information), the night kill(s) will. Though definetly not as desired as a lynch, it's information all the same. Besides, it's not like our previous lynch was very helpful to us. Why risk killing our own when we can have them do it for us and then increase the chances of us hitting them?
This statement screams serial killer to me. So much so that,
unvote thanatos, vote DLS

Why risk killing our own when we can have them do it for us? Because if two more townies die tonight, we're left with 7 alive, in all likelyhood 3 or 4 of them will be mafia/SK/other threats to the town and that could lead to an impossible to win situation for the town. I see no chance that VL will live until tomorrow, and without trying to lynch scum today, I don't have much hope that we can win.
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Dark_Lady_Shaiann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:16 pm

So....all in all, it doesn't really increase our chances of hitting scum D3. Gotcha. Just asking a question.......

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”