Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2425 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:49 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

I'm being serious though. Half the town obviously has some level of scumread on us, and I don't think anybody *alive* is considering us town-town, but we aren't getting enough votes. The mafia are saving us for the final mislynch.
The_Jester
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2426 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:51 am

Post by The_Jester »

I'm not leaving until everybody's got a vote on somebody
Why'd the clown drive over the cup?
He wanted to crack him up!
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2427 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:52 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 2391, MariaR wrote:What have you done at all this game besides whine that me and shadow are scum let's check...nothing good to know you keep screaming that me and shadow should be lynched but you're doing nothing to do it just placing your vote same can be said for para/SAD
If you want shadow so bad do something about it
Are you seriously gonna misrep my whole play like this?

Wtf I seriously I thought you were town but there's no way you can see my posts and say I'm only pushing shadow.

You have continuously tried to discredit me having a scumread on shadow meanwhile your town read on him is literally based on ???????? What, that he buddies you in PT?

I'm starting to get the feeling like you're the scum who's obsessed with only slinging mud at people who are pushing shadow because you know you will go down in the process.

Yeah I need that pair flipping I feel extremely uncomfortable doing any analysis or pushing anywhere else with how their play has been all game.

Vote: Shadow-MariaR
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2428 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:54 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 2427, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 2391, MariaR wrote:What have you done at all this game besides whine that me and shadow are scum let's check...nothing good to know you keep screaming that me and shadow should be lynched but you're doing nothing to do it just placing your vote same can be said for para/SAD
If you want shadow so bad do something about it
Are you seriously gonna misrep my whole play like this?

Wtf I seriously I thought you were town but there's no way you can see my posts and say I'm only pushing shadow.

You have continuously tried to discredit me having a scumread on shadow meanwhile your town read on him is literally based on ???????? What, that he buddies you in PT?

I'm starting to get the feeling like you're the scum who's obsessed with only slinging mud at people who are pushing shadow because you know you will go down in the process.

Yeah I need that pair flipping I feel extremely uncomfortable doing any analysis or pushing anywhere else with how their play has been all game.

Vote: Shadow-MariaR
Are you going to tell me half your posts aren't "omg I need a shadow lynch" :(
Like I really hope you are scum or you're prob the most petty player I've ever met. I can deal with HS/Para because para think's she has reasoning and Human is at least somewhat trying
you're just like 'ugh I'm not doing anything until this pair is lynched"
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2429 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:57 am

Post by MariaR »

Like that's not being a teamplayer to just sit there and do nothing.
I'm outright asking for a case on the people who think were Scum/Scum or a case on me so I can disprove it or for a case on shadow so I can try and understand it because we are the topic of the hour but the 3 main people of our wagon are just like "yeah this pair needs to be lynched" and are doing nothing but tossing shade
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2430 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:57 am

Post by MariaR »

I think I've even seen posts where they say "wow this post is really towny shadow" *keeps vote on*
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2431 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:00 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

Yeah, good luck to whichever town couple gets stuck with 3 scum couples in the lylo.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2432 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:00 am

The dude literally told someone.

In the middle of thread what translated to "Go ahead and leave the dance coward"

If it was literally anyone else who has not been acting like a complete asshole you would've scumread it right?

But no. He plays the "too scummy to be scum" card. And you're like "Shaddddddowwwww-samaaaaaa please shadddddddowwww-sama why are you such a beacon of innocence please say more nice words to me in the PT"
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2433 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:02 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 2425, MiniDeathStar wrote:I'm being serious though. Half the town obviously has some level of scumread on us, and I don't think anybody *alive* is considering us town-town, but we aren't getting enough votes. The mafia are saving us for the final mislynch.
How to play to wincon in this setup, vs what people are actually likely to do, by smith

If you're a villager
If/when you feel your lynch is inevitable, you should still fight it and ensure that if you are lynched, maximal information is gained from the loss (and if it turns out your partner is a wolf, even better to actually have the process be an actual lynch)
Villagers will actually tend to give up because "I'm helping the town since I'm going down anyway" (even though they flagrantly aren't helping the town while doing this) or "screw you guys for suspecting me" (because it's easier than actually engaging meaningfully with the stated suspicions). This is because villagers tend to be lazy about considering what it means to be a villager, and/or tend to take self-destructive moves out of pique.

If you're a wolf

If/when you feel your lynch is inevitable, wolves should leave the dance to deprive town of useful voting information
Wolves will actually tend to fight their lynch though because they're survivalistic in nature, and/or underestimate the chance that they'll actually get lynched

This has been a PSA by smith. You're welcome.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2434 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:02 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 2432, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:The dude literally told someone.

In the middle of thread what translated to "Go ahead and leave the dance coward"

If it was literally anyone else who has not been acting like a complete asshole you would've scumread it right?

But no. He plays the "too scummy to be scum" card. And you're like "Shaddddddowwwww-samaaaaaa please shadddddddowwww-sama why are you such a beacon of innocence please say more nice words to me in the PT"
Are you talking about the post where he was like "Vedith can you leave so I don't have to deal with gamma's nonsense"
Vedith already said he was leaving so shadow was just asking to hurry up is the way I took that post or are we talking about a dif post
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2435 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:03 am

In post 2429, MariaR wrote:Like that's not being a teamplayer to just sit there and do nothing.
Here is an example of someone being a teamplayer why or why aren't I following their ways???
In post 2126, Shadow_step wrote:Vedith if you're gonna do it. Then do it.
I'm getting tired of Gamma's non sense.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2436 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:04 am

In post 2434, MariaR wrote:Are you talking about the post where he was like "Vedith can you leave so I don't have to deal with gamma's nonsense"
Vedith already said he was leaving so shadow was just asking to hurry up is the way I took that post or are we talking about a dif post
I really didn't think I would need tonexplaib this.

But there's a huge.

HUGE

Difference between someone proclaiming to want to leave the dance and actually doing it.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2437 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:05 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

@Maria: It seems like you're being a bit survivalistic lately, which is a bit weird to me given how flagrantly you gave up in open 646. Am I over-valuing that one game in terms of your meta under fire? Are there other games you can point to where you're relatively more interested in fighting your lynch when town?
Show
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2438 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:05 am

Post by MariaR »

Every player is different and has dif ways to play your statement of "if it was anyone else" is moot

1 player could say 1 line and get auto tr for it while another could say it and get auto sr for it

Pedit: He already stated he was going to when he got home it's not like shadow was forcing Vedith to leave like he was in between that would be a whole dif stroy but Vedith already made up his mind
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2439 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:06 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 2437, mhsmith0 wrote:@Maria: It seems like you're being a bit survivalistic lately, which is a bit weird to me given how flagrantly you gave up in open 646. Am I over-valuing that one game in terms of your meta under fire? Are there other games you can point to where you're relatively more interested in fighting your lynch when town?
In open 646 I didn't want to play that because I was getting attacked over and over again and I just didn't want to play that game
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2440 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:07 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 2439, MariaR wrote:
In post 2437, mhsmith0 wrote:@Maria: It seems like you're being a bit survivalistic lately, which is a bit weird to me given how flagrantly you gave up in open 646. Am I over-valuing that one game in terms of your meta under fire? Are there other games you can point to where you're relatively more interested in fighting your lynch when town?
In open 646 I didn't want to play that because I was getting attacked over and over again and I just didn't want to play that game
Can you point to other games where you DO fight your mislynch hard as town? Because I definitely get the sense you fight hard as wolf, and want to see if it's actually AI or if that really was a one-off thing that I shouldn't be worrying about as much.
Show
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2441 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:10 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 2440, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 2439, MariaR wrote:
Can you point to other games where you DO fight your mislynch hard as town? Because I definitely get the sense you fight hard as wolf, and want to see if it's actually AI or if that really was a one-off thing that I shouldn't be worrying about as much.
I can link you a ton of epicmafia forum games if you'd like to dig through those lol
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2442 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:11 am

Post by MariaR »

I've been ml'd as town 3 times and I really only fought 1 of them because fk hydras
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2443 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:12 am

Post by MariaR »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=68243

you were in this game but you can basically look at any EM game to see I fight my lynch quite hard as either side
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2444 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:14 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 2443, MariaR wrote:http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=68243

you were in this game but you can basically look at any EM game to see I fight my lynch quite hard as either side
I was "in" that game in the sense of absorbing a loss due to lol village and a scum-sided setup (lol shadow bitching about that setup) while dying the night I subbed in, which was super fun.

But I'll take a look at that one I guess. Any others you can point to with that tendency? Not gonna go look for EM stuff tbh.
Show
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2445 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:15 am

Post by MariaR »

I don't really have another because in my other towngames I was never close to being ml'd I've been vig shot before
I was ml'd in deathnote mafia but I hated the town in that game
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #2446 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:15 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Do you hate the town in this game?
Show
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #2447 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:17 am

Post by MariaR »

you're in this game so yes
not rly only a select few annoy me but I'm with someone I think is town and If I didn't try my hardest that'd be a slap in the face
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2448 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:18 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 2432, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:The dude literally told someone.

SAD's posts are just sad misreps.
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2449 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:38 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Notice how SAD has completely ignored HS and Parama's cry outs for a lynch/flip.

I make a single line about asking vedith to leave(he was dead set on doing it anyway). I was confident of a Gamma scum slip ,and hell breaks loose.
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”